Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-06-29 02:37:37 PM

Ol'random
Website

The Path to Ferravale is gone?

Hey, I was going to check on the graveyard in Ferravale the the path west of the Stone bridge is gone.
Does that mean Ferravale as a whole is missing, too?

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#2 2023-06-29 06:35:31 PM

Willow

Re: The Path to Ferravale is gone?

I found the room code for the guard's bunk room in Ferravale since I had a character linked to it once, checked it out and from what I can tell the room no longer exist for some reason. The exit from the dirt road is still there but it isn't owned by anyone and doesn't show up because it looks like it no longer leads to anywhere.

#3 2023-06-30 07:59:45 PM

oz

Some of Ferravale is there or should be.
Oz did get pwiped sadly

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#4 2023-07-01 03:43:36 AM

Willow

A character disappearing doesn't normally mean the rooms disappear, they just become owned by chown_char normally which means that anyone can take them over.

#5 2023-07-02 08:05:33 PM

Ol'random
Website

Yeah, I had a chat with Sarnith about it the same day I found the entry missing, but a lot of the rooms are still there for the most part (though I still don't know about the Graveyard)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#6 2023-07-03 02:04:26 PM

Willow

Weird that the entry has disappeared but some rooms are still there. I should have some room descs saved in my logs if someone wants to remake it. The log might be a few years old so no guarantee that they're the most recent ones though if anything was updated.

#7 2023-07-04 03:25:08 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Weird. Usually when a character purges, their rooms (as long as they are connected to the MUCK grid) are transferred to chown_char. I did some poking around and several FV rooms are now marked as garbage. There could have been a policy change as far as how purged chars’ inventories are handled… It looks like at least some of the rooms were in fact deleted.

#8 2023-07-04 03:46:28 PM

Willow

If it were a policy change I would have thought all of them would have been deleted rather than just some. It's very odd. Presumably the remaining ones if no one owns them now will end up deleted too since they're no longer connected to the grid unless we can get that fixed.

#9 2023-07-04 04:45:58 PM

Sarnith

It does look like the tavern is still there but the exit and path there went poof. Working with Ajax and Aeysin on rebuilding things.

#10 2023-07-04 07:04:46 PM

oz

I know parts of Ferravale had a different parent room... ot sue why
Good to get it fixed up though
I know icly a LOT happen to ferravale so rebuilding sort of would be kind of ic also

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#11 2023-07-04 10:33:30 PM

Sarnith

The exit is reopened now and the first two rooms have been recreated, will work on digging up newer descs from the logs as I have time.

#12 2023-07-05 01:41:01 AM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

It appears FV was unlinked from the main grid sometime prior to March, so when Oz's character purged, the rooms purged instead of being transferred to chown_char. Any that are owned by active characters survived.

I am not very familiar with the map of FV but I pulled some of its descriptions from the wiki. Left the exit names in case they can help piece things back together.

https://rwmuck.org/txt/fv_rooms.txt

#13 2023-07-05 02:30:50 PM

Willow

I've gone through my logs and found some room descs just from when I was walking around but they're from 2019 and I can't remember how much of the place was destroyed and rebuilt so I'm not sure if these were up to date.
Thanks for all the help in getting it fixed!

I hope this link works because I have no idea how to upload a text doc anywhere where people can see it xD
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13S- … sp=sharing

#14 2023-07-05 02:56:49 PM

Sarnith

Thanks, that does help.
I've gotten a start on putting the rooms in place and the old tavern has been relinked as well.
If anyone has more descs or suggestions please do let me know, some of the old rooms will be there but will be listed as ruins for now, can be updated for later expansion or what have you.

#15 2023-07-06 04:50:26 PM

Sarnith

Ok, Ferravale has mostly been recreated now, I updated some of the descs to reflect the damage that occurred in town, I took some liberties with that and even more liberties with some rooms as there were no descs I could find for them, I only had exit names to go on. Some rooms I did not recreate, let me know if there is something that got passed over that you would like back. I still need to update some of the descs and go back and check grammar, I don't always word the best. Otherwise thanks to Aeysin, Ajax, and Willow there for the help.

#16 2023-07-06 07:31:44 PM

Proud LP

i know the guosim was off the ferravale path at one time. But that was deleted out of a request but it's not something that needs back since the  guosim have a camp near camp willow.
Bell tower was in same room as tavern and it wasnt damaged so that needs rebuilt and the bell was called the scioto bell
Lets see...think thats all as i walked around as a guest to look around

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

#17 2023-07-07 01:10:35 PM

wallace

Sarnith wrote:

Ok, Ferravale has mostly been recreated now, I updated some of the descs to reflect the damage that occurred in town, I took some liberties with that and even more liberties with some rooms as there were no descs I could find for them, I only had exit names to go on. Some rooms I did not recreate, let me know if there is something that got passed over that you would like back. I still need to update some of the descs and go back and check grammar, I don't always word the best. Otherwise thanks to Aeysin, Ajax, and Willow there for the help.

Don't forget that the radio has old room descriptions from the last time RiverBot was allowed out of his tank. You might be able to find any missing rooms there.

Last edited by wallace (2023-07-07 01:11:14 PM)

I play Wallace and Adyna, and spoof many more. Page me if you need help.

#18 2023-07-07 07:18:55 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

wallace wrote:

Don't forget that the radio has old room descriptions from the last time RiverBot was allowed out of his tank. You might be able to find any missing rooms there.

I checked the radio a couple days ago but couldn't find any FV descriptions. Maybe they were built after RiverBot did its thing? Or I could be looking at it wrong.

#19 2023-07-07 08:52:19 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Finally got a minute to poke around... FV looks great! Thanks for all your help rebuilding, Sarnith!

If you want to turn the radio broadcast back on, I believe the command is...

+set here broadcast=@radio

I don't think it can be set from the parent, so has to be done room by room.

Board footer