Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#51 2021-01-13 04:32:23 PM

oz

Re: Brother Gorvenalus Recorder Logs

**********************************************************************************
Dear Friends,
More has been found.  The weather vane had fallen off the roof, but our Sparra friends helped us find it. The weather vane has been placed somewhere safe till we can get it back on the roof, likely the first few weeks of spring.
We have cleared paths to the gatehouse and champion cottage, as well as a small one to the pond, one to the rose garden as well, but a part of the path to the rose garden was messed up...that is ok as we do not need to go to the garden in winter anyways, the only need we had was to get the weather vane and we have that. A path is being worked on to the Kitchen Yard.

Our guest Velm is interesting, seems he had some memory loss but has gotten most of it back through help from various abbey beasts. He is also a healer and has said he can help the infirm. He will stay with us till spring and head back once our Residential hare Elbio is back, which is supposed to be in the Spring.
This winter is colder than usual, but we are warm inside the abbey.

We also recently have a cat as a guest, she mentioned a friend is elsewhere, maybe we will have a couple more guests this winter, guests are always nice and can bring wonderful stories to the abbey of their travels.
Ihave to go, I shall write more later
Brother Gorvenalus
Redwall Abbey Recorder

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#52 2021-01-17 12:01:01 PM

oz

**********************************************************************************
Dear Friends,
I write this with a heavy heart this evening. My friend Xander Winters is dead.  It fills me with my grief, others are sad as well. I know not all the details, I am unsure anyone knows fully what happen to my dear, dear friend.  I spoke to a couple of beasts and learned it's possible our guest Esmeray had something to do with it.  Is it possible she killed my friend, a friend I had known for very long.  Xander helped me and my son Minsc through a lot, Xander was a good friend to all. Xander was also a father to Oz, a husband to our Badger Mother, and a friend to all at the abbey young and old.

Sadly the cat Esmeray is long gone, and snow still makes travel very hard, hopefully for her as well.

Another issue is the missing cub Oz, no dibbun should have to go through being taken, and not so long after the dibbuns had been found and rescued from those slavers in summer and autumn time.

We will have a funeral for Xander in a few days. In the meantime, I will see if my eagle friend Silverwing can keep an eye out for the cat Esmeray, or any clue to where she and the badger cub Oz is. If the cat is not the one who ended my friend's life then she very well knows who did the horrible, dishonorable deed.

Excuse me I need to tend to a couple of things. I will update again when  more news is heard.

Brother Gorvenalus
Redwall Abbey Recorder

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#53 2021-02-22 12:40:58 PM

oz

Dear friends,
We just recently has the Winter Feast, a simple one and even had a visit from our friends the GUOSIM. Also a. Couple days later Brother Sinway returned from his trip to Green isile and was updated on any news he missed.

In other news we are to get the weather vane but up top the abbey roof soon.Also the dibbun treehouse will be fixed. I need to tend to something, I will write again soon.
Brother Gorvenalus  Redwall Abbey Recorder

I play:

#54 2021-06-27 08:12:15 AM

oz

Dear Friends,
I have not written in the logs in a while.  I am sorry so I have a lot to catch up on indeed.
As spring came we finally got the weather vane back on the roof. The Sparra and their Queen Chestnut were very helpful in letting a small group into the lofts.  The moles also helped to get the weather vane back on top  of the Abbey, though  the moles did not like the height at all.

Some sad news also to share, the Log-a-log Vilfred has died, an ambush happened at the GUOSIM camp.A passing band of vermin took over the camp. Vilfred son, Xavier got help from Ferravale and got the camp back and the group of vermin were killed.
The new GUOSIM leader is new Log-a-log Xavier, I know he will do well. In fact we had the Spring Feast at the GUOSIM  camp.
As Summer had come the GUOSIM decided to have a river trip and invited me along. It sounds exciting and I will be sure to write about the trip as we travel, but no worries we are back in time for the Summer feast in a few weeks.
Signed
Brother Gorvenalus
Recorder of Redwall Abbey

I play:

#55 2021-09-16 08:45:26 AM

oz

Sorry I have not updated this...will over the weekend  smile

I play:

#56 2021-09-30 07:09:29 PM

oz

Dear Friends,
It has indeed been a while since I have updated,  been busy I suppose.During the Summer there was a trip up and down the River Moss with the GUOSIM.  It was great fun to explore and have some peace and quiet,  even updated a couple maps of Mossflower while I was on the trip. The  GUOSIM are indeed a very interesting group.
We had the Summer Feast at the abbey. A surprise was there for us all,Mother Krisha's son Oz was alive and back home , we also had a couple hare guests. One was Zolomon who is no longer in the Long Patrol and may decide to live at the abbey.

Life at the abbey is good
Brother Gorvenalus
Redwall Abbey Recorder

I play:

#57 2021-11-20 03:16:12 PM

oz

Dear Friends,
A lot has happen. Zolomon is no longer welcomed in the Abbey, or Mossflower.  He has murdered the otter Errpeal  and a small family of innocent ferrets. His trail was at Ferravale and he was banished from mossflower, if he reruens...it means death for him. Manu were surprised of the hare's change.
Lt Elbio is taking the news to the Western Shores.

But not all news is bad news. There is still the autumn feast and many look forward to it.
Signed
BROTHER GORVENALUS

I play:

#58 2021-12-17 02:39:46 PM

oz

Dear friends,

The autumn of peace is almost over, winter is soon to come within about 2 weeks.

lt elbio has not returned yet, perhaps he is spending the winter.I do hope he is alright, but he must be as we would of gotten news if he was not.
The dibbuns,Mother Krisha and others get ready for the Snow badger for he too, comes soon.
Signed
Brother GORVENLUS
Redwall recorder

I play:

#59 2022-01-22 11:57:57 AM

oz

Dear friends,
We are into winter now and have had a light snow. Things are well here in the abbey.
Signed Brother Gorvenalus
Redwall Recorder

I play:

#60 2022-03-14 09:42:51 AM

oz

Greetings Friends,

We just had our winter feast.
Winter of the Squirrel. I think as the abbot said, it fits nicely.
An old Abney friend, John as returned.
Also the Gawtribe are back and will be spending a few days in the abbey till they can find a new home in Mossflower woods.
The seasons have been peaceful and I do hope they stay peaceful. We still have our peace treaty with Ferravale and  that is always good.
A tree fell in the woods. We have decided to use the wood from the tree for any woodwork needed and maybe some firewood as well. A family of 4 squirrels(a mother,father,2 dibbuns) lived in the tree and I have been told an owl may of lived on the very top of the tree,but I am unsure.  A Group of beasts plan to go to where the tree is in the next couple days.

Also named spring.

Winter of the Squirrel

Spring of the Friendly Bee

Signed
Brother Gorvenalus...
Redwall Abbey recorder

Last edited by oz (2022-03-14 09:50:33 AM)

I play:

#61 2022-10-27 10:16:24 AM

oz

Dear Friends,
It is a couple days after the nameing of the past winter and the new come spring. All is still fairly good but it seems a group of squirrels called the Gawtribe have decided to take over the dibbuns treehouse in the orchards. Now this is still a serious matter as I fear the dibbuns will try and handle this on thier own, and you never know what dibbuns will do once they set thier mind to something and we do not want them to get hurt.

The next couple days after this treehouse taskeover there seems to be an agreement and the squirrels have  left the treehouse much to the delight of not just the dibbun but the adults as well. The Gawtribe will have a old maple tree in the  northern part of the woods on the other side of the River Moss. We shall visit them from time to time to keep an eye on them so they don't get too  mischious.

signed Brother Gorvenalus

I play:

#62 2022-10-27 10:27:42 AM

oz

Dear Friends,
Its been a few days since I have written in the logs.Peace is still here at the abbey and the woods and all is glad of this  time pf peace.

Lately my fruiend Dorarose has  had odd dreams of possible danger in her homeland. A meeting with the abbot and some elders was done and it was  advised that Dorarose and her family head back to thier homelands to help with this time of  turmoil there. We will need to think of a replacement for  a main Bellringer, a Master healer and a Gatekeeper but  Dorarose and her brother, as well as Lillymoore and Angela won't be heading off till the Sumer feast  has happen. They will leave the motrning after the feast.

In other great and wonderful news Lt. Elbio is back with us and not just that he is walking again! Yes you read it right he is walking again, sometimes he does need his walking staff but he is once more walking again.He has also brought a small group of hares with him whom will set a old base again in Mossflower woods.A way to help keep an eye on Mossflower and  when needed sent a runner or a bird messenger to Salamandstron .This is a great way to keeop more updated with our friends at the great mountain and them keep updated about us. It makes the  woods and abbey feel more safe.
I shall update again soon my friends!

Signed
Brother Gorvenalus

I play:

#63 2022-10-27 10:42:05 AM

oz

Dear Friends
The Long Patrol hares have been in the abbey for a week. There had been  fear in the kitchens but it seems under control . I am unsure what Lt. Elbio and Friar Lacota said to them but the hares do not dare set a  footpaw in the abbey  kitchens and have  oddly not complained of  needing  snacks though out the day. They have been  very well behaved and  even helped around the  abbey, well almost all around the abbey as they  still avoid the kitchens.

The summer feast has  arrived and the  hares are super pleased as they get to relax and jion in with no complaints, or least  very few, on what and how much they eat.

The Summer of Fond Farewells.

The next  morning Dorarose and her family left. Also  young goose Graceie has been adopedted a passsing family of geese and  so has also left the abbbey.Also it seems young Docus has followed Dorarose  as a sparrow reported this and  we have been told she is safe .I am just glad she isnt traveling alone.

Also a  visator came in late, Felecity of the long patrol and her sister Julia.Felcity has retired from the Long Patrol and  her and her sister had decided to go with Dorarose and her family on thier quest that I hope gors well.

Signed

Brother Gorvenalus

I play:

#64 2022-10-27 10:54:31 AM

oz

Dear Friends,
Some sad news and  proof  peace does not always last.

No ill has come to the abbey.It  happen in Ferravale. A couple nights after Our friends left  for thier homeland a unknown group of  beasts attacjked Ferravale and  burned down the  Town Hall.The town Hall was a complete loss and the Chieftain Blis home was half  burned  down as well. The Chieftain Blisa was  captured and taken away,but no one  knows to wheresadly just a direction is all. Most of the beasts  who  done this  foul  deed were found and slain,but a small pawful in  number are still  out there and tracjked down as we speak. In the  choas of this the rat Patch was killed by these foul beats as well as  2-3 of the chieftains main bodyguards. The main Bosdyguards and sopme towns beast  have jioned  in a  serch party to find thier  chieftain and it is likely they may nerver return. I do not know why me, as well as a couple others, felt this feeling they  would never return to Mossfower but at the  same time  a feeling that even though they will never  come back to  Mossflower  there is a  chance they will be found and live any remaining days elsewhere.I do hope they are found,even if  it is to live  elsewhere far far from Mossflower.

I shall keep you updated on Ferravale as me,Mother Krisha and Matilda  will check on the  village to see how it is and if  help is needed.

Signed
Brother  Gorvenalus

I play:

#65 2022-10-27 11:06:36 AM

oz

Dear Friwends,
Some things are looking up. The Ferravale Recorder has managed to save 90% of Ferravale's history logs and recorders from where he had rewrote some for safe keeping. Sadly some  old blueprints were lost, and s couple old log records found  I hope to repair as  all of this has been  given to me to  keep safe in my room at the abbey. The Recorder Rupert has also helped update us on Ferravale. A lot of the Ferravale beats have left, out of fear of another attck.Who ever attacked  only was intretsed in Ferravale and necver once showed intrest in the abbey. But  we of course still want to know what happen and why such a strong intrest in  just Ferravale,hopely we will figure it out some day soon I hope.
Other news is the Mossflower Defenders Base was  burned down as well, the base has  rarely been used since Xander died. A couple defenders at the base  were killed.

Also leaveing Ferravale, and  likely why  the recoreds of the  village was placed in my  care for safekeeping, are Recorder Rupert as well as Mergleton the  town ambassator. It was said the Under taker Markalaway  may way still libve in the creepy house  in the graveyard, or  maybe he is a ghost that  stays  around to keep the  dead safe and tend to the  dead and the graveyard.No one  seems to know as  the undertake Markalaway was rarely  seen for the past few seasons and  when he was he  seemed to  vanish just as  quickly. I myself  think he is just an old hermit that  prehaps  likes no one ,but who knows as  no one really ever knew his  age and  some clained  he was hunderns of seasons old.I find that silly but again,who knows as I ahve never meet the village undertaker. I only know he is a old one eyed  rat that rarely  ventures from his  creepy cabin at the far far edge of the Ferravale  graveyard.

Signed
Brother Gorvenalus

I play:

#66 2022-10-27 11:16:41 AM

oz

Dear Friends,
It's been a couple weeks and  things had calmed some. Sadly the  village of Ferravale is a ghost town now as some would day as very few have stayed.The Redthorn Tavern still stands though, not many  visite it now but it  still is open to those who wish to come,run  by the two staots Otis and Otto that  had  been the  tavern  boucers and  guards..

Signed Brother Gorvenalus

Friends,
I write a little more.With a sad heart I have to mention the  death of Lt. Elbio. No one is  sure what happen as no  struggle was seen when he was found dead in the woods.It was all a great  shock to the abbey as well as the Long Patrol. He is buried in the abbey graveyard and  of course word of this sad event was sent to Salamanstron.

I myself am in total shock of this.His own daugfhter had even come to  visit only to be meet with this sad news. She decided to  step away from the Long Patrol and travel with a couple  otters from the  Western Shores. I wish  young Cianna well and I hope all goes well for her where ever it is she  goes.

Signed
Brother Gorvenalus

I play:

#67 2022-10-27 11:23:44 AM

oz

Dear Friends,
We are now planing for the  Autumn feast. Harvest has gone very well indeed and we are  very well ready for  winter comes.

In other news we are  fixing a  hole in the roof that the Sparra updated us  about. Hard work is being put into  fixing the hole before  winter hits as it is affecting the  Sparra loft and Queen Chestnut wants it  fixed ASAP. The GUOSIM had said they would help but no one  has seen the GUOSIM, not a one.Prehaps they are once more wandering around a it seems they do not stay in one place too long, hope they are  well where  ever they are.

We also have a Master Healer now, Brother Jaison is our new Master Healer. We have yet to  get a premit Gatekeeper or Bell Ringer buyt  beasts at the abbey has been helping with this.

Also it seems young Oz, who has  gone though a growth spurt, is intersted in the Bee Folk of the abbey and gets along  very well with them,prehaps we may get a new Beekeeper soon but we shall see as Elder elmef is helping the badger learn of the bees and  thier  proper care.

That is all for now my friends

Signed
Brother Gorvenalous

I play:

#68 2022-12-31 12:48:00 PM

oz

Dear Friends
The Autumn of the roof! As the roof is now fixed and the Sp Sparrs are very thankful and even jioned us for the feast.
In some other news we also had the snow badger come and had a small winter party with cookies and hot coca.Coco is very rare and we use to get it from chief Blisa of Ferravile.
Sadly there is still no word on weather she was found yet or how our friends who went on the mission to find her are.I hope news is soon
In some good news Oz, son of our Badger Mother, has jioned the order as a novice and is learning about the bees.He also is getting very good with singing and playing the lyre.
That is all for now I need to get to a meeting to discuss the name for this winter season.
Signed
Brother Gorvenalus

I play:

Board footer