Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-19 11:12:06 AM

oz

Brother Gorvenalus Recorder Logs

************************************************************************************************************
Greetings Friends,
Right away many are noticing the different paw writing and the fact this is the first writing since Sister Zinnia. I shall introduce myself, I am Brother Gorvenalus the new Redwall Abbey Recorder. I am getting use to the term, Brother, not that it is new to me, it’s not. I am from a place called Willowbark Abbey where I was Abbot till my abbey and home was destroyed by a beast many here sadly know, Quade. Yes the same Quade whom tried to destroy this abbey as well, but I am gladded he failed. It saddens me he didn’t repent of his evil ways and let hate and suffering, power and greed be his treasures in life.
Enough of the past, though it is always important to keep the past close to your heart, good and bad times.  I will do my best to keep updates of the history and current events of Redwall and Mossflower area for all to read. I will honor Sister Zinnia’s post that I take over as of today. From what I heard from her son and from friends she was a very treasured beast and friend to all, she is greatly missed by her friends and family. Friends and family all come and go in life, change comes and sometimes its welcomed and sometimes it is not. I do hope we all have friends and family and always hold them close and family doesn’t have to be just by blood, one can be adopted into a family… see the abbey as my new family and I have Minsc as well. I do hope Minsc is welcomed and be friended by all here, he and I have been though a lot and have our own history  logs we keep close to our hearts, and I hope you keep your own history close to your hearts as well.

I must go check on Minsc now
Till next time
Brother Gorvenalus, Recorder of Redwall Abbey
****************************************************************************************************************

Greetings Friends,
I have been very busy getting use to my new room. I have also finished cleaning up the book binding room and have started some much needed repair of a pawful of books. The library is also very well organized and has been kept in an ABC order, as well as logs set by season and date, placed neatly with the maps for easy access. I also read the last log Sister Zinnia wrote before she left. The good news was, and clearly some know, Xander was found and Sister Zinnia was able to see her son before her death at the paw of Quade. Her death was caused be an arrow to her chest, in her heart. I am told she died almost, if not, instantly. Also she left behind a mate, Takeo and 2 dibbuns Northstar and Zork, each named after other family members and the three beasts have gone too far off lands over the eastern sea coast to lands Takeo lives at as King there, that must be fairly interesting and perhaps something like a badger Lord in a way, I wish Takeo and his two dibbuns good luck and mayhap one day they will pay our Abbey a visit as they are always welcome.
Some updates are as follows, there was recently a Summer Feast. The spring feast sadly didn’t happen due to Quade so the Summer Feast was slightly early and larger than it usually is. The Summer of Song’s Awakening was the title of the season and there was the wedding of Novice Caleb and Novice Cynthia. The Feast was very nice and friends and family joined together. I think I shall call the Spring season The Spring with No Name as all Seasons have names and thus even this one has one now and it has been recorded.
There has been very little trouble on the roads since Quade’s defeat and for this I am glad. Also I will note  a group that also needs Recorded, The Mossflower Defenders whom are led by the badger Xander and I think he does a fine job of leading. The group has a base in the woods south of Ferravale. Ferravale is another interesting place, slightly rough to go to and visit for most but they and the abbey have a peace treaty with one another and their chieftain is Blisa. Ferravale has recently gotten a new Master Healer, Rayen. Rayen was once a healer here at the abbey, and was mate to Flicktail. Rayen has moved to Ferravale now, with her  dibbun son Dhaegan. She lost a daughter, Juliana to Quade. I had asked her the where bouts of Flicktail, seems she rather not discuss it so from my understanding his whereabouts is unknown at this time, but Rayen did mention she is once more on her own, a single mother to Dhaegan, whom will sometimes be at the abbey as well. I wish Rayen good luck in Ferravale, I think she shall do well as Master Healer there and I shall check on her from time to time. Other  news from Ferravale is they are building a bell tower and the rebuilding of the Mossflower Defender’s Base is going nicely as well, both should be done by winter or by the end of winter.
I shall write more later, I have promised to join some elders for tea and scones.
Till next time my friends

**For those interested here is link to Recorder logs of Sister Zinnia and somewhere in there she has a link to the Recorder before her  http://rwmuck.limitless.org/rwmuck/cont … ter-zinnia   **

Dear friends,
Another update as I have been going over some past events perhaps missed from pervious logs between Sister Zinnia’s last Log and my first. Quade for one, before he was killed he caused a lot of trouble and sadly no one saw him as an enemy right away , but as a friend. He tricked many beasts till me and Minsc managed to escape, I escaped first with a young Redwall novice he had managed to capture. I warned the abbey of his lies and they were able to fight back in time to prevent the abbey from becoming taken over by a small horde he has formed. He tried to destroy the Mossflower Defenders by burning down a base they were working on, that base will soon be rebuilt to completion and be slightly south of Ferravale gates. Quade was hunted down by Dorarose and her brother, a fight ended in Quade’s death in the old mines. The mines have recently collapsed and are no longer in use, but there are still the ruins of a small village beside them, no not my old village my friends as mine is overseas. Perhaps the ruins can one day be looked at, for now life is well here at Redwall. I only wise Minsc would decide if he wants to stay in the abbey or not, he seems to prefer wandering the woodlands and I can only hope he at least stays in the abbey or maybe with the Mossflower Defenders near Ferravale come winter season.
Yesterday there was a visitor, Marek Redthorn and it seems there is both good and bad thoughts about him. I trust him but I know not everyone trusts him based on his former history, but some have forgiven him while others have not fully forgiven him. But back to my writings, an unknown beast attempted to poison Marek Redthron's food or drink at breakfast, no other food and drink was touched just his and a novice was tied up in a storage area saying they were knocked out. The beast whom caused this was not found and most likely fled some direction down the road, or perhaps into the woods nearby, let’s hope they don’t return. Our Master Healer Brother Leon was able to save Marek Redthorn’ life and he will rest in the infirm a few days before he heads on to Ferravale. I will have to talk to Brother Leon  next time I see him as he was mentioning a visit from Martin, but that it wasn’t something concerning for a while yet, still I would like to get what he saw down in the records in case its forgotten as I believe all messages from Martin the Warrior are important to hear and write down, whether it’s for the near or far future.
Till next time

Last edited by oz (2017-09-22 06:22:23 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2017-08-24 01:01:25 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Brother Gorvenalus Recorder Logs

I can't help thinking of an image of a beaver typing away at a keyboard :'D

This looks good.  Thanks for doing this smile

#3 2017-09-08 10:19:48 AM

oz

Should I add the log entries as replies? So others know when new entry is written? I am thinking may do that as people wont always check this and scroll down

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#4 2017-09-14 01:32:24 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Hmm....I think that may be a good idea, or at least put the date beside your edit (like I do for the "days I'm not gonna be here" post).  But your idea would let people know sooner when there's a new post smile

#5 2017-09-22 06:16:18 PM

The_Brony_Marek

*Willowbark Abbey

#6 2017-09-22 06:23:35 PM

oz

Got edited....I shall write more logs later, maybe a log like once every couple weeks.

I play:

#7 2017-09-22 09:33:20 PM

oz

**********************************************************************************************************
Dear friends,
A feast is soon in a couple weeks, for the Autumn season. I do love Autumn time with the falling colorful leaves all around,  winter will be upon us before we know it and I have yet to talk Minsc into living at the abbey. At least he has chosen to stay with Xander, least till the Defender Base is finished which should be in a few short weeks, before the first snows and I am excited for them. The base even has a training ground.
I also have spoken to Brother Leon more on his visit with Martin the Warrior, he said Martin told him Marek was not to die that day =His life cannot be left to become  extinguished. If it does the abbey befalls a terrible fate..The words But when the time comes….fall..winter..spring..summer..fall..winter….perhaps something not this fall or winter, but next, we shall see.
Other news besides me being the Recorder now I also help in the infirm a little as I am a good healer. Luckily it’s been peaceful most around Mossflower and that’s good but peace doesn’t always last, I just hope this peace lasts a goof while.
Oh look at the time I must head off, I promised Abbot Benar I would help with ideas for the authum feast.
Signed

Last edited by oz (2017-09-23 10:57:35 AM)

I play:

#8 2017-10-22 05:08:12 PM

oz

********************************************************************************
Dear friends,
The feast was great and much good news shared. The threat of the Remnant is gone, the Defender's base is back in good paws once more and a marriage may be soon, that of Xander and Krisha and it may be sooner than one thinks. The feast was named Autumn of Peace's Restoration . A good title I think and peace is here.
I have more to write on and shall keep you all updated. Minsc and Patch found old tablet halfs, something of Willowbark Abbey it would seem, I am unsure of how it got to some old village ruins a couple hour walk from Ferravale, tresure or other the rat called it, no matter...it could be from a failed settlement Willowbark tried once when a small group of beasts wanted to leave many many seaons ago, before even I was born, but it matters not how and when or why, I have them now and they have been dusted and cleaned, though to better understand the old text a trup to the ruins of....my beloved Willowbark is in order......if you will excuse me my friends I need a break from writting .
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder

I play:

#9 2017-11-11 02:25:15 PM

oz

*****************************************************************************************************************Dear Friends,
The wedding of Xander and Krisha went well, they even had another small celebration at the completed Mossflower Defenders Base. The two badgers have deicided to go along with me and Minsc to the ruins of Willowbark abbey along with Lilymoore, Karth, Flea and the rabbit Rupert. I am unsure if any others are coming along or not, nor do I know when we will return, most likely spring it appears. Marek Redthorn has made it possible as it seems he talked some beast into helping with the trip with means of some supplies and a much needed boat . I should get going as we leave soon
Signed Brother Gorvenalus Recorder of Redwall Abbey

I play:

#10 2017-12-04 11:38:24 AM

oz

Dear Friends,
I hope this gets to you, I write to let all know the Willowbark trip is going well, we made it to the port and now are off to the island where Willowbark ruins are. I am unsure what to expect, it is ruins after all and prehapes its something I rather not see but to me its history...my history and its important as I KNOW Redwall is important to all in Mossflower and Redwall alike. The trip should be 2 or 2.5 weeks. I shall keep you all updated and hope all is well at Redwall Abbey
Signed
Brother Gorvenalus Recorder of Redwall Abbey

I play:

#11 2018-01-09 11:07:06 AM

oz

******************************""
Dear Friends,
I hope all is well at the abbey. We are close to the island, the island where Willowbark ruins lie . Ruins 8 long seasons now. We are a few days off schedule but that us fine as life  doesn't always go as planed. I must check on some guests as it seemed we found beasts needing aid, in the sea of all places.
Brother Gorvenalus. Recorder of Redwall Abbey
************************__

I play:

#12 2018-02-13 03:09:20 PM

oz

Dear Friends,
it seems....I am not sure how to explain it, there was a paw full of survivors of Willowbark and one of them is my grandmother. I am happy for this but still 14, if counting me and Minsc out of so so many, that is but a pinch compared to a bag of flour. None the less a small group of survivors. I plan and have in fact, wrote down some of Willowbark's history to be brought back, they want me to stay but I am torn with feelings of staying at Willowbark and returning to Redwall. I feel so much more at home at Redwall Abbey, is that wrong of me? I must finish my writing as I am also leaving them a little bit of Redwall Abbey history and facts for the small library here.

I play:

#13 2018-02-15 04:03:20 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

".....that is but a pinch compared to a bag of flour."

Wow, that's a really cool way to word that, Oz!  I'm not sure I would have ever thought of it.  Good job! big_smile

#14 2018-04-08 05:35:41 PM

oz

Dear Friends,

I have returned from WillowBark Abbey and it seems a great discovery was indeed found. There were survivors as I have mentioned on some smaller notes I have also included from my trip. My friends are also back...almost all of my friends . My son Minsc has stayed at Willowbark and is once more their knight  and Protector or as you call it Champion. It was good to see him once more happy and full of light again. Others were there..15, out of saddly 750 beasts. My Grandmother lived, as did Minsc son....Chip. My Grandmother was Sister Elma, she saddly passed on to the dark forest a week before we left and the pain of her lost is still there. I have brought a little writting of Willowbark's history and will share it later when I have more time. Those that returned are Xander, Myself, Karth,Rupert and Moonbeam...Krisha had decided to come back a little sooner than the rest of us. Those who choose to live at Willowbark are Varsha,Flea, and Minsc of course as well as Flametail went to live there as well as she was a dear friend to Varsha.

We came home to discover both happy news and sad. First the sad news...Brother Leon's passing shortly after we left, death by a raven thought dead and it seems in his last act Brother Leon slayed the raven, no one knows why he broke his vow..maybe the raven threated family and freidns, a bond between family is greater than any vow I do believe in certain times. Brother Leon is buried in the abbey graveyard. The good nes is Krisha got hom safe and it seems she adopted a inant badger girl whom she and Xander will rasie as thier own, they named the cub Northstar...I think they will make a happy family and this will help with the lost of thier own cub that died before it was even born.

There was a feast we missed, The winter Feast as Spring is soon. I will have to look up what the Winter Feast was called.

Not much news was not learned of. Lilymoore knows of her father now and the family is having some time alone for a couple days, I know they will be fine and I shall talk to them later maybe.

It seems a lot of past beast have been remembered..Sister Zinnia was one me and Xander spoke of earlier today, and I was thinking of my Grandmother Elma, and Zork Winters was mentioned., as well as Zee Winters.It is always good to remember past loved ones, good times with them and how they were loved, always keep them in your hearts always and never forget.

Also Ferravale has a new Bell for their Bell Tower which I overheard was to be done by Autumn. The bell came from Willowbark Abbey as a gift to Ferravale. I hope they can be allys with Ferravale and for Willowbark to also be allys to Redwall.

I should head off now..Tea time

Brother Gorvenalus..Recorder of Redwall Abbey

**************************************************************************************

Last edited by oz (2018-04-09 06:45:06 AM)

I play:

#15 2018-06-27 03:59:17 PM

oz

*********************************************************************************************************
Dear Friends,

I am sorry I have not written in so long, a lot has happen also.There was the Spring feast and it was a good one my friends.  Feast of the Spring of Peace was the season name given. There was good food and merry ment.

But saddly peace doesn't last as we have had some threats from a group know as The Black Rose and it's mentioned there is old logs of it in the abbey logs and scrolls one thing that has keep me from my writings, that and chores that need done. An abbey would not get far without us all doing our part, our chores and jobs. Back back to the trouble, it seemed to ease some and still does but recently Marek Redthorn has come to warn of, of a thought dead brother he has name Ormaz Redthorn,  he has spoken a little on it but not too much yet. We also have lifted the ban on Marek Redthorn being at the abbey, he can come and go as he pleases within our walls now as he has been forgiven, though I know some still dislike him being here and a young vole grumbled at Abbot Benar who took it calmly and spoke to her...well the vole left and that is fine. We have visitors that come and go. More on any recent problems. There was a report of missing beasts, one being a friend Mariposa as some think she left to go home, I do not but have yet to learn the truth...maybe in time. Sadly the whereabouts of a hedgehog named Ace were let known,  sold...sold is a sad term from slavers and I wish to not write more of this.

I have taken a small break for tea and am now back. I shall write of other good news. The peace treaty with Ferravale was renew and this is most excellent news indeed. The village of Ferravale and the abbey do help one another in times of need.

On any other news,  luckly not many missing beasts, a report was of an otter, Tassel and sadly the family of a shrew named Kishiko. Also  some beasts were found dead...with a Black Rose flower beside then,  Karth said the 3 beasts were of the Defenders, news I hate to tell Xander but may have to, unless maybe another could relay the news to him. The roads and woods do seem quiet and these things reported seemed to happen north of the abbey and at nightfall, or during the night several beasts have reported no happenings in the day and do not seem to worried, Abbot Benar has closed the gates, as a safety measure and is being very strict on who leaves and why and if they do when will they return or where are they heading if they don't return.Some Mossflower Defenders are helping with guard duty which is good, another quick update it seems no one knows where the Abbey Champ Magramba is, this is troubling news as a champion is indeed needed at a time such as this.

I hear the dinner bells and have to go, I did not eat much at lunch after all.

*************************************************************************************************

I play:

#16 2018-07-17 09:30:39 AM

oz

********************************************************************************
Dear Friends,

I have wonderful news as most by now know. Our Champion has come. A new Champion. A female hedgehog named Matilda . She lived on the Eastern Shores and is now...home. She was born here but her parents did not stay long, about 6 days as I looked in the records. I must learn more of her and plan to meet her once I get the chance. I had been busy looking for old records of the Black Rose and have found some. Maybe these scrolls will be useful to our new Champion..Champion Matilda .
    I really should not spend some much time in this dusty room, it really does need a good dusting as I seem to have lost track of time being in here so much and asking that scrolls be brought to me from the Gatehouse and then returned there and placed back where they belong but I have a very trusted helper whom I know will place them in the correct place, in the correct order. I have also had meals brought to me and seem to have slept in here lately as well the past couple weeks.
    I do not think I have missed much else going on of importance, if I have I am sure I will be told of it. There is a knock at my door again and it seems it is Abbot Benar along with a couple more Elders. I would write more but it appears I am being kicked from my own office for a few days...well I do need to take a long break after all as being cooped up too long with research and rare interaction with fellow beasts is not good for a beast.
    I now have Abbot Benar looking over my shoulder. I shall write more another day.
Signed
Brother Gorvenalus-Recorder of Redwall Abbey

I play:

#17 2018-08-08 02:12:07 PM

oz

************************************************************************************
Dear Friends,

A lot has gone on...it is my sad duty to mention Ferravale has fallen. Not only that before this Chieftain  Blisa was captured. The horde beasts are getting more dangerous and have control of Ferravale and I fear may lay sights on the abbey next.

Rayen had returned but only to give us a warning Benar is a target and then she left once more, only to get hurt badly, a rather bad leg wound. She left, against the healers and Benar's wishes along with a ferret and an otter, where she is heading I do not know she only said out of Mossflower and how she was sorry and would not be returning. I wish her luck in all she does.

In other news the Mossflower Defenders base has been destroyed by this horde as well. Some members killed, others captured, some were lucky to not be there...Xander among those not there at the time, in fact he has left with a group to seek help from the Badger Lord Ciocan and his hares, lets hope he returns with that help as we surely need it.
In the group with Xander are Ximena(Healer), Zolomon(Archer in Mossflower Defenders), Misu (Archer in Mossflower Defenders)and Rupert(Recorder of Ferravale)
I hope no more sad news comes our way.
Signed Brother Gorvenalus- Recorder of Redwall Abbey
****************************************************************************************

I play:

#18 2018-09-13 09:33:31 AM

oz

****************************************************************************************************************************
Dear Friends,

It is time to update some news, not much has happen as it was quiet for two weeks and now it's not so quiet as the horde that Ormaz Redthorn controls have arrived at our gates and have the abbey surrounded on all sides. Our gates are locked tight and the guards on the walls doubled and ever keeping an eye  on what is going on. So far no one has been hurt....so far. There is fear and worry of course but we do our best to keep it at bay.
A bit of good news in the chaos...the slave base was found and some slaves rescued, also the birth of a newborn sea otter to Tassel and Anatole, a girl. They have yet to name the small bundle of joy. So I say look at the good and not the bad in life. There is always things to be thankful for in life.....always.
Signed

Brother Gorvenalus- Recorder of Redwall Abbey 
****************************************************************************************

I play:

#19 2018-09-13 06:42:59 PM

oz

****************************************************************************************************
Dear Friends,

I bring...sad news. Oz lays in a a deep deep faint. Someone got in with the intent to kill Abbot Benar but ended up in Oz's room....but Oz did stop the insane marten and rat from slaying Benar and young Novice Kenya...the insane marten is dead, th rat got away...saddly the rat had a captive, young Novice Kenya. Some news is seems Martin the Warrior send a message, so help is indeed on the way....

The Mountain on the Shore, the Fires Dim but the Hammer Lord within.....The Hammer Lord marches over dunes and sand, those who defend beside him, the Abbey Rings its bells in crisis but the end is not here, though one will not see the after end

I must go check on Oz now, Krisha is in charge of the dibbuns for now......

Signed

************************************************************************************

I play:

#20 2018-10-01 06:15:15 PM

oz

**********************************************************************************************************
Dear Friends,

Sad sad news...Brother Rafael is..is dead. Hit with an arrow ti the chest and died almsot instantly, at least there was no suffering. The horde is getting more active and nearly killed Abbot Benae twice and nearly out Champion a couple times.The champion got a slight arrow wound in her lower right arm but she is fine, it was not deep and was tended to right away. We will soon have a small funeral for Brother Rafael..a simple one, I am sure when this is all over any falled beasts will be remembered. Hope is still alive as the Long Patrol is on thoer way, that is good news at least..I need to go now.

Signed

I play:

#21 2018-10-14 08:37:48 PM

oz

****************************************************************************************************
Dear Friends,

I write today to update you. It has been a couple weeks since our Main Healer Brother Rafael was..taken from us as he went to the dark forest, Angela is in charge of the infirm for the moment.

The horde got in through a east door, it was old..small and broke off its hinges and chaos did assure. But luckily the Long Patrol seemed to come right on time with the Badger Lord Ciocan and his 300 hares. Also our friends Xander..Zolomon..Ximena had returned, a surprise my son Minsc and Chip my grandson was to help as well. But peace  came with a heavy price indeed.

The hares still at camp were all slain but two, Ewan and Zolomon. Ewan seems to have become a bit...stressed overly from battle, it affected him greatly..Zolomon lost an ear, but is alright.

I found out the Guosim  have a new Log-A-Log named Aella..she was daughter to the former Log-A-Log whom was killed in this horrible horrible battle. 50 shrews came..only 40 of them came out alive..their loss not too bad compared to the Long Patrol..oh great was their loss...19 hares, 2 of those were officers....survived out of 300 hares. The badger Lord himself suffered some injuries but he lived. Such a great sad sad loss of life..some refugees died as well and sadly Chip my grandson died.

Minsc has left for Willowark along with Ximena and Rayen, Rayen has become their Master Healer it would seem and 20 refugees went with Minsc to live at Wilowbark abbey, they will help with some storm repair and I wish them well.

Other sad news..Marek Redthorn has died, but he died a hero...he died saving us all from Ormaz Redthorn, he pushed Ormaz off the Bell Tower and sadly fell as well..Ormaz was dead instantly...Marek died a few moments later. Marek will be buried in the Abbey Graveyard. He was..a hero.

A special place is made for those who died, a memorial to the hares and to the shrews and any who helped us. The names of beasts set in a special stone to be placed.

There is no Autumn feast this year but there is still a name for the seasons...... it is named   Autumn of Remembrance...so all may reflect on those who gave of themselves so peace could be restored to our fair home.

A small service for all was done, our Abbot Benar even sang, I did not know he could..maybe he should sing more often.

There likely will be a funeral for Marek Redthorn but I know not when, maybe even a couple other smaller ones but Abbot Benar felt the need for one morment to remember all whom was lost.

Other news is Oz has woken from his faint, very good news indeed but he still has a road to recover and so Krisha is still temporary Badger Mother till Oz recovers, the Long Patrol is with us for the next couple weeks and then head home, the runner Zolomon has went ahead of them to deliever the grim news of thier loss...yes Zolomon is a private in the Long Patrol, I did not get a chance to say congrats but it is fine, he is on an important mission. Also joiing the abbey as Redwall Residential Hare is Private Ewan, he shall live here at the abbey and act as a messager of sorts between us and the mountain, I like the idea and its been a long while in history that the abbey has had a hare for this..so I welcome Private Ewan and I hope he makes many friends while he is here, he shall live here now and not be a fighter hare. But RW Residential hare is a very important job indeed and I know he will do well.

Other news...

Let me see I can not think of any right now if I do I shall be write it down, I need to go now..

Signed
Brother Gorvenalus Redwall Abbey Recorder

I play:

#22 2018-10-29 02:48:18 PM

oz

Dear Friends,

The memorial for the Long Patrol was very nice and the wake afterwards very nice as well. Some refugees helped with some food, Even Ferravale helped with some food, all went well. Others were remembered as well..The former Log-A-LOG and some other shrews, some refugees and Ferravale beasts, and some other friends who died during this horde time.

I am glad the horde is gone and that peace has returned and hope peace stays a while, a long while. Lord Ciocan and his hares left a couple days ago and with the help of a boat should get back in half the time. Private Ewan is here to stay as our Resident LP Hare, we have not had one of those in a long while.

Ferravale is doing some repair work now, other good news is Oz has come out of his room, with help from Xander and Krisha and he is getting stronger each day, for this I am also glad.

Not much else to do, we are ready for winter now, though we are low on pumpkins and some wheat, other wise we are fine.

Signed

Brother Governmental-Recorder of Redwall Abbey

**********************************************************************************

I play:

#23 2019-01-27 03:11:46 PM

oz

Dear Friends,

It has been some time since I last wrote, sorry for that as things have been busy lately. We are fixing a couple storage units on the abbey grounds, as well as repairing a couple things, we have helped Ferravale with a lot of repairs. Speaking of which..The tavern and the Mossflower Defenders base is being rebuild, last I heard the outside frame of both are done, so maybe half way built now. We did not have a autumn feast but just a couple days ago was our Winter Feast- The Winter of the Quiet Ice. Our Friar Lacota made a cake the looked like the two bells from the Bell Tower, which reminds me, we are taking down the bells, one at a time, to repair a yoke in one of them, we will also polish both, this is to be done this week if all goes well.

Sadly we have had a death...Novice Kenya has died and will be missed. Her death effected all...mostly Brother Sinway whom has avoided beast the last few days and was not at the feast, I shall have to check on him.

In some happier news we have a new novice...Novice Atvi, he has grown up from that mischief making dibbun or..maybe he has I know not. Oz is also back on dibbun duty as Badgermom and has been the past 2-3 weeks.

This is all I have for now, till next time my friends

Signed

Brother Governmental-Recorder of Redwall Abbey

**********************************************************************************

I play:

#24 2019-02-07 08:45:03 AM

oz

Dear Friends,

The Winter feast was wonderful, The Winter of the Quiet Ice. There was ice skating on the pond afterwards and I believe most had a good time that was there. A week later we started work on one of the bells from the tower, and soon will take down the 2nd one as well.Once all is well again in the Tower and both bells are polished I am sure we will have some sort of event.

The weather is still cold but winter still has 6 weeks yet, hopefully no longer than that and who knows maybe we will get an early spring but this cold makes my bones ache some, we shall see.

Signed

I play:

#25 2019-03-29 06:40:44 AM

oz

Dear Friends,

Wonderful news was heard. It seems the some of Camp Willows lost otters have returned! The vikings many seasons ago invaded Camp Willow and stole otters, killing other otters and destroying half the camp, the camp has had some repairs and still has some repairs, but 9 otters have returned to them. This is happy news indeed! They have been invited to the upcoming Spring Feast, weather they come will be up to them but they would be most welcome but at the same time we respect their privacy and wanting some time to themselves, they have been through so much.

We have started clearing the gardens and plowing the fields to start Spring planting seasons and this is going well. Other news is the repair of woodwork holding up the Bells in the Bell Tower, we hope the repairs are done and the bells are back up in time for the Spring Feast, it will be joyous to hear them ring again. As they have been down most of the winter season.

In other news our Resident hare Ewan had taken a trip with Brother Sinway to Salamanstron. Brother Sinway wanted time away after his daughter Kenya's tragic death in a frozen creek as she had tried to rescue Novice Atvi...Atvi has mentioned he wants to be a healer to honor her memory, I wish him the best in his studies...maybe he will become a Brother at the feast.

I mentioned the trip Ewan and Brother Sinway took and maybe should of mentioned it earlier, as well as Kenya's death, sorry for that as the trip started about time winter season came, I was not sure it was too wise to go in winter but it seemed they made it there on a boat and back again, part of the way on a boat it seems. The shrews are fairly nice with their small boats and rafts, as well as a few river otters here and there. But I am rambling and Ewan and Brother Sinway are back and Brother Sinway seems in better sprites now and even has a fiddle now he will play at the Spring Feast.
That is all the news for now my friends

*********************************************************************************

I play:

Board footer