Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-28 09:15:05 AM

Ol'random
Website

Ideas to start RP again! Maybe a Feast again? +Where I've been

Hello! It has been a long, long time. I'm not dead! And I hope we can make the MUCK a little less dead, too.
I want to spark RP on the muck again, with the hope it will keep going with or without me.

Now, explanation as to where I've been and what happened to my various half baked plots: I burnt out, plus life got busy. I didn't technically leave as I've still logged in from time to time, but that is hardly active.

Now my IC plot.

As for my plot with the Band of Merchants and Atticus' rise to power, my original grand plan for it became unusable with how many players left during that time– there just weren't the amount of different players and characters needed, and I simply didn't have the oomph to run something on that scale and enjoy it! I also got the feeling that with me doing a bunch of IC shenanigans it took attention away from other players' RP and I never ever want to do that. So things stalled. Greg and Terrence had a great RP last July that alluded to it, but that was it for last year (and I still need to post the second half of the log).

Now while my original plan was thrown out that doesn't mean I want to abandon all the ideas I had! And they can fit rather nicely with my next goal:

Getting regular RP on the MUCK started again!

How?

1. by providing story threads for people (not just me) to pick up and sparks for ideas and plots,

2. a semi regular schedule for RP again (like how Thursdays and Saturdays were more or less the days everyone RP'd on for some years). At first we might only be RP once or twice a month (I personally don't plan on doing more than that for the time being), but that's better than nothing! It'll require a fair amount of effort to find a time that everyone can RP on, but it'll be worth it I think.
Maybe Saturdays again?

Now back to the IC side of things. What's happening in the world? Well, first off a few seasons have passed and I think we should start with another feast for this winter!

Beyond that, I do have plans to use the Band of Merchants again as possible a front for organized crime and a faction for more evil characters and vermin to be involved with on the down low while being friendly on the surface, with Atticus, the effective head maybe even attending feasts at Redwall. I also have an idea for a murder mystery, if anyone wants to play a detective story!

I have more ideas, but I might make them into a separate post once I'm happy with them/people are interested.

And more important than any of my plans are any plots you all want to run or do. My stuff honestly tends to work best when it's in the background of other RP plots, plus it's honestly more fun for me to take part in something rather than run it tongue

Anyway, belated happy New Year and I hope to RP soon!

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#2 2024-02-28 01:00:56 PM

LeeJ

Re: Ideas to start RP again! Maybe a Feast again? +Where I've been

Dude, I'm still here, too, if barely.

I've been logging all my characters on weekly to keep myself from getting wiped again, but I literally cannot remember the last time I had a scene.
I'm 100% down to get back into playing again, though.

Characters: Lee, Lacota, Thomas, William, Adrian, Varus, Abel

#3 2024-02-28 03:34:46 PM

Willow

Good to see some people around still! I'm the same in that I stick my head in to check for messages and keep my characters but I got a bit burnt out due to RL stresses going on and things went quiet too.
I'd be interested in doing something a couple of times a month. Saturdays are probably best for me because time zones but if there's a day and time people like I can try to make it! Feasts are always a nice easy get together to have an rp for to get back in to things

-Greg, Gaheris, assorted alts no one probably remembers, etc.

#4 2024-02-29 01:43:14 PM

Ol'random
Website

Alright then, Saturdays are still the best days by far, yeah. 1pm Est 6pm Gmt (11am Mst) to 2pm Est 7pm Gmt 12pm Mst is probably the best starting time for me personally (I'm in MST which is GMT -7, EST -2)

The hope I have is that eventually  for Saturdays there will be enough regularity and players that RP will happen  with or without me or any specific player so that anyone is free to show up when they can or be late or only be on for an hour etc
(and the dream is to have enough players and regularity that
every day there's some RP happening, probably in the evenings for GMT and US times)

I'm also aiming for being on the MUCK for about 3 hours at most so I don't burn myself out (or my eyes) outside of special occasions  like a feast or an important RP.

Also, an idea for if people want to RP more than once a week or two, say they have a plot or an rp they want to finish and not bite into rp on Saturdays, maybe scheduling a particular day/time during the week– kinda like how the Sometimes Club used to do stuff on Sundays at 5ish pm.  Maybe by blocks, so it would look like "Is anyone free for the next two weeks on Monday at 6 to 8 pm est to do (whatever rp it is)?"

Anyway, I'll be hopping online this Saturday for anyone who wants to RP! and if you want to get back into it or new please feel free to hop on too

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#5 2024-03-09 08:17:12 AM

oz

HI
Yeah I been away a long while...
Icly Oz..aka Xander and Krisha son..is wandering around so maybe he can pop up

Oocly:
I have had a LOT going on
Stress
Bad depression
But doing better than I was and maybe some role play be good for me.
I will figure out days and times later.
Hope see u all soon.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#6 2024-03-09 10:59:12 AM

Mother Krisha

Hi
Sadly I am ooclt not around
Too much irl sorry all

IC:

Mother Krisha can just be spoofed as she is of course still at abbey ICLY

Maybe Benar  can make her a shared char..ifk either way the Badger Mother is alive and well and very much still caring for dibbuns ect ..

#7 2024-03-09 11:03:46 AM

Mother Krisha

Alsi Donaca left the LP
Disappeared  without a word with her and Velm's newborn so yeah been a few seasons she been gone and no she or the child will be back

#8 2024-03-10 02:32:24 PM

Hares Rock

I would love to make character and jion fun

#9 2024-03-10 02:49:41 PM

Elmef

I'd love to try and get some RP going again.
I have to admit I sort of gave up for awhile as everyone left but I kept the forum up and running

I guess I need to get a muck client up and running again so I can log in.
Saturdays rarely work for me these days due to life but I can try and be on sometimes to be the Abbot

#10 2024-03-10 09:33:51 PM

oz

I can come on Saturdays.
Also Mondays and maybe Wednesdays

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer