Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-13 11:48:07 AM

Proud LP

Firewood anyone?

WHO:

Kage-Healer,poisoner, assassin for hire

John- squirrel friend of the abbey

Krihsa-Badger Mother of Redwall

Atticus- group leader of some asoertment of  wandering beasts

LOG:

In the first morning following days of truly horrendous weather, clamour only somewhat muffled by the snow blanketing everything can be heard coming down the road from the direction of the river- a group of twenty or so beasts appear north of the abbey, with one or two giving longing glances at the warmth and welcome to be found there, but dutifully stick to their fellows. Many hold hatchets and saws and though the distance and snow makes what is being spoken impossible to make out from Redwall, the beast disperse into the woods in smaller groups.   

Among them John was regretting his choice to join the lumberjacks, but since the creature Atticus was leading them all he had little choice. The ferret had been rather mundane since the squirrel made it his business to keep an eye on him, and now that more than a season later John had become rather lax. Still, though, he stuck by Atticus when the ferret headed east into the woods. "I don't feel like jumping today," was the dry explanation as the ferret stopped to watch the other half of the group make their slow miserable way over the ditch.   

Kage had been in the woods, he had found an old cabin and, well, took it as his own.He even fixed a window and now walked along a path and stayed alert for trouble.   

Krisha sighs, she has yet to see any grou of beasts yet, with her is a couple otters."We will head back soon,I just want to check on a couple families that live nearby and see if they want to come to the abbey or not."She gets a nod as they travel along,not too far from the abbey.   

The trio of beasts moving east, made up of John, the ferret, and an unnamed mole the squirrel had yet to actually learn the name of, were steering ever more towards the cabin Kage was in. John remembered there several abandoned buildings in the area and wondered aloud, "Are we aiming to strip the old places?"

Atticus paused and turned. "If we come across any," he answered curtly after a moment. Their voices are some of the only sounds in the quiet of the forest.

Kage yawns and looks around.The wind outside is a bit gusty right now.He hmms "I wonder why anyone would leave this cabin,its quiet nice." It also was a fair distance from a small area of old huts, just like 3 others likely abanddoned when some trouiubles of slavers were in the area a few seasons ago, but the one Kage is in, the reason seems unclear right now.His ear twitches as he hears an odd creaking sound and riases an eyebrow."What de..."He ventures out of the cabin to look around and shrugs.He happens to look to his left and frowns at an old maple tree that is very close to the cabin,it was once struck by lighting,also someone tried to tunnel under the tree and then left it alone..was the tree..moving?

Krisha menwhile stops at an area where a den is, speaking to a couple moles,her moleish speech still needs work but she is alot better than she was before.She smiles as the two moles agree to go to the abbey,she nods to the two otters "Lets go before it gets worse out here."   

John's good ear twitches as he stops still, his tail freezing. Atticus and the mole continue forward for a bit before either notice the squirrel having fallen behind. "What is it, MacGarran?" Atticus asks, his eyes narrowed. Both the ferret and mole are within fifty yards or so of the old maple tree.   

"Can't rightly say," John replies, forcing himself to relax. "Probably nothing."   

Kage frowns as, yep that tree is moving,creaking again as he gulps a bit. All seems like nohing to fret over, till another gust helps the old, seriously damaged roots and not to mention some rotting inside the tree. It falls slowly at first and then seems to speed up as the wildcat quickly gets out of it's way! The cabin he found is, not so lucky as the tree falls onto the cabin and destorys it!It be very good for anyone to get out opf the way! Luckly it doesn't fall toward john and the others in his group.

Krisha hears the odd noise and tilts her head. She was fairly close to where the tree decided to crash land,she gasps and pushesone of the otters out of the way.One of the branches barely misses her,but it does cause her to tumblr backwards with a soft groan of pain.She scoots backwards and goes to stand,only to yelp in pain as in her falling she twisted her angle, but it could of been a lot worse.   

John winces as he catches sight of the tree crushing the old cabin, though Atticus and the mole, with their backs to the disaster, whirl around as the noise hits them. It's not that loud, of course, but its enough to notice. Without a word the squirrel hurries forward through the snow. "Looks like we'll have something easy, then," Atticus murmurs to the mole as they follow after.   

As John comes upon the scene he surveys the damage, still not speaking. He comes closer to the ruins of the cabin and places his paw on the fallen trunk.   

"It's a wonder this weren't blown over before," he remarks to no one, as both the ferret and mole are still far away.   
He then spots Krisha, blinks twice, and rushes over. "Wh- You alright?" He's bewildered and sheepish, having not seen her or the otters until now.   

Kage appears close to the tree, speaking"It fell on the cabin I was just in.." He starts to grumble and then sees who John is speaking to and just mtands there for the time being.He again looks at the ruined cabin,so much for a place to stay this winter.He will have to figure something out.   

Krisha sighs and sits down on ."My ankle hurts but I am fine.Could of been worse..lot worse." She soon notices the others nearby and then the ruined cabin and frowns as she hopes no one was seriously hurt.

"Well, that's all good." John says, before turning his head to answer Kage as he kneels by the badger. His tail swishes once as he sees the wildcat. Sucking in a breath he least up, ready to lunge at the vermin with the long dagger now drawn from from his belt. "Were'd you crawl from?" He spits a question Kage had just answered, but the squirrel hadn't really noticed!   

Then Atticus finally reaches the clearing, stopping the mole with an outstretched arm to observe.

Kage backs up slightly and raises both paws "I have no weapons drawn squirrel, so do calm yourself down before you have a heeart attck or something." He studies the badger and clears his throat"I can look at your footpaw, if you allow me to.I do know healing after all"   

Krisha slightly glares at the wildcat, it's clear she is still unsure of trusting him."I am fine,just stumbled backwards cause of the tree falling." The two otters and two moles with her seem unsure of weather to go or stay,the badger sighs"You can head on to the abbey,I will be along shortly." One otter does take the two moles from the den Krisha stped at to go to the abbey,but onbe otter stays behind to help if needed and its clear they dont want to leave the badger mother alone right now,just in case something else happens.   

"You have your claws," John hisses, though the dagger is lowered. When the beast with Krisha are ordered back it looks like the squirrel wants to protest though he says little, placing the dagger back on his belt and stepping back. "Krisha, can you stand?"   

Breathing a sigh of relief, Atticus steps into the open. "MacGarran!" He calls, "Who are your friends, hmm?" He only spares Kage a brief glance as if they are strangers. "Is that the famed badger mother of Redwall?"

Kage lets out his claws and then they go back into his paw pads,"Hmmm yes, it seems I do."He brifly looks at Atticus and back to the others,quite for now as he glacies at the badger mother again,he will stay where he is unless she is fine with him checking on her footpaw.

Krisha goes to stand, a couple steps or more of a limp she tenss up a little "I can walk..abbey isn't too far."She looks over at the ferret and gives a nod to him."Hello sir."It's always good to be polite.A glace at the ruined cabin and down tree"Something probally should be done with the tree and cabin,not sure what though.'   

"Will you be fine, Krisha?" John says first before saying, "...Aye," slowly. There's a reluctance in his voice as John answers the ferret's question and Atticus doesn't miss it. "Though I don't know about the wildcat."   

"Well then," the ferret responds, "He seems friendly enough." Atticus raises the saw in his paws with a good natured smile to the badger. "We'll take care of it. Beasts need wood, after all. Right, MacGarran?" He adds pointedly at John, who hadn't taken his eyes off the wildcat.

Kage just stares right back at John,he chuckles oddlyand still stares at John, then he yawns and strtches "Well if all is good then, prehaps I should head off..tis cold out here and de black Gull has some fine fire ale, good stuff."He smirks a bit and starts to head the direction of the bar thats up north on the road.

Krisha watches the cat go and shakes her head.She nods to John"I think so, just gonn take it slow. the tree barely missed hitting me.."She frowns, it barely missed her and she could of been seriously hurt and very lucky she wasn't.She clears her throat"I suppose wood could be useful for building or firewood for winter." Her footpaw still hurts a bit but it is a little less hurting, swollen though now but it's not too far from the abbey where they are .   

Atticus nods. "The Black Gull is the only good tavern remaining nowadays since Redthorn changed paws." He adds slyly. "Perhaps we can be better aquatinted after our work here is done. As the good badger said, there's firewood to gather. Farewell, friend!"

After giving a short, curt nod to Krisha with the words, "Alrighty then. I'll trust the otter to see you back in case you have any trouble." The squirrel more openly wears his disdain for the wildcat, glaring at the retreating figure.   

Krisha nods,a soft smile"You are welcome to come to the abbey if you want John."The otter stays close to Krisha to help her get to the abbey,and it seems after a few slow paces the other otter had sent some help after all to make sure they got to the abbey safe and sound.   

"I might very well show up soon," John replies with a slight bow, relaxing again, "Though good day for now, Krisha."   

The ferret watches the badger and otter leave. "So you are a friend of the abbey," Atticus remarks.   

"Aye, and?" John says, not much liking the look in the ferret's eye. "Same as most woodlanders in the area."   

"Hmm." Atticus rolls his shoulders before patting the fallen trunk. "Well, one day I must visit the place. A friend of mine lives there now, and I would like to see how he's doing. But before that there's work to be done."

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

Board footer