Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-20 05:26:04 PM

Proud LP

A Missing Chieftain-Ferravale Log

** I logged this for Blisa and my new wildcat Kage is in this roleplay as an evil healer but no one knows he is evil yet.Do read !!==

Who:

Kage-Healer,Assassin,Poisonier

Blisa-Chieftain of Ferravale

Xavier-Log-a-log

Patch-owns the Redthorn Tavern

-spoofs of various cretures of Ferravale, guards, some  bad guys and a snake!

LOG:

Patch is rarely nervous or least this nervous, least for a long while he hasn't been. But he is now, he had the tavern open late and overheard something.A big something he likely shouldn't of heard and he is now quickly on his way to the chieftain home"I hope chiefie isn't agaist waking an hour before sunrise.."He mutters outloud.   

Kage stands in a dark alley and then steps out and heads over to the rat, a smirk "You know tis rather rude to wake one so so early, don't ya think?" He seems calm and very alert as he speaks"I say it could wait,no one wants awaken with what could of been, how you say..heard wrong?"   

Patch eyes widen as he spins around and reaches for his blade, only he left it in the tavern.He cusses loudly and takes a deep breath"I know what I heard and they will fail, and maybe be snake food.And to make it more fun covered in cheese, yeah Basil loves food covered in cheese." He then looks to his left and right as it making sure no other beast is around,then goes to bolt towards the chieftains home quickly!

Kage sighs as he pulls out a small blowpipe and sticks a small dart into it, then blows hard threw he other end as he aims for the running rat. He is very quick to load and fire the weapon and seems very skilled with this sort of thing.   

Patch can see Blisa's home but then feels a sharp pain in his shoulder and tenses up, he trips and falls,rolling onto the road ,he starts to get up but falls again.He shakes his head to clear his vision,that's quickly fadeing and his legs and arms feel numb.."No...no..."   

Kage walks over and beands down to the rat "I got paid a lot, and I mean a LOT of gold to make sure things go as planed. To make sure certain beasts who get too nosy for thier own good are..taken care of."He chuckles some dryly as he speaks "Not to worry, your be glad you missed the action..now take a very long nap,one you won't be waking from."   

Patch whimpers softly and tries to crawl a bit further only to fail.He shivers and looks at Kage more closely now.He tries to speak but his words slur and then any further movements stop and his eyes shut.When a guard or anyone else finds him it's too late for a healer and what ever these plan are he tried to prevent......will happen after all.   

It is shortly after dawn. Blisa has risen and is writing in her diary, as she does every day. Her bodyguards are making breakfast, getting water from her personal well, and in general doing their normal daily routine. Basilisk the snake is in the living room, muttering to himself about cheese and fricassed ferret. Little do they know that there are enemies sneaking towards the house in the early day shadows, a sinister plot in mind...   

Kage made sure the rat was dead and then went to confirm with who ever it was that paid him, he grined as he got more gold."So when does the fun start?" He asks quietly.   

A group of not so good beasts are nearby, likely not up to anything good. Most beasts are likely still asleep for the morment.   

Patch is still where he lies on the road, not too far from the chieftains home.   

The boss smiles slyly. "Now, I should think. Go ahead and help toss these knockout bombs through the windows. Break some glass. We should have enough to put that snake to sleep for a while." The attackers get into position and wait for the guards getting water to head inside. Then windows start shattering as smoking knockout bombs are chucked into every outside room in the house! Shouts can be heard as the bodyguards and snake try to get Blisa out of there!   

Kage watches from where he is,a soft chuckle as he looks around.He knows soon enough others will awaken.   
A couple ferrets grIn"Let's distract some guards....we need some light"Thier idea of light is fire from some tourches, fire they head towards the town hall with.   

Patch is moved, slightly by a fox.The fox smirks "Yep, he one very dead rat boss...hee hee he not be spying on anyone no more"   

The boss just watches, smiling grimly. Statler and Waldo, the weasel bodyguards, have dragged Blisa out into the yard, where they huddle, hacking and coughing. A trio of enemy foxes run up and kill the weasels before they can even react. Covering Blisa's mouth, they drag her off. The boss joins them, leaving his second in command in charge. The small group hurries out of Ferravale, towing the Chieftain (who they drugged to sleep) along with them. When they exit the village, they head east.   

A group of bad guys who work for the boss go to distract the town about the fact thier chieftain is gone. They go to set fire to the town hall, and one beast looks ready to set fire to the chieftains home too.If anyone is in there still hopefully they escape before disaster starts.

Kage just watches and relaxes.He gets ready to play the part he needs to play and that's just a simple witness of what is to come.   

Bursting into Blisa's room, Ferdinand sees that she's no longer there. With incredible foresight, the Head Bodyguard grabs Blisa's sketchbooks, diary, and the small portrait of her family that's on the bedside table. Stuffing these and the Chieftain's belts and weapons in her haversack, Ferdinand rushes back into the main room just as the outside of the house catches fire. "Here, Bathil, take thith and go!" The snake, fighting the sleep-inducing smoke, grabs the bag and barrels out the front door, scaring the living daylights out of some of the baddies (who never believed Blisa actually had a pet snake). The bodyguards grab whatever books (Blisa's most prized possessions) they can before tumbling out the doors and falling to the ground in a drugged sleep. Basil makes it to the infirmary before he, too, collapses. The smoke alerts the town guards, and many start heading to the blazing buildings. A villager tries to get to the bell tower to sound the alarm.

The two main tavern bouncers, Otis and Otto head over to see what the smoke is, what the shouting is and gasps,they then see Patch and rush over "Hey..hey.....ummm he dead...how? "IDK...we need ta find Blisa" They look around as fire starts in the town hall and the chirftain's home is on fire too.   

Kage clears his throat as some smoke gets near him.He watches beasts rush around, both good and evil beasts now as the town hall is so very much in a blaze of fire.As is the chieftain's home. This is a disaster! He puts on a fake frown,one very good one and will help any injuried, even those not on his side as he will play his part of healer for he is a healer after all.   

Xavier is by the river with his group, well more like in his tree top watch tower he made in a very tall tree, up very high as he yawns, seeing and smelling smoke jerks him awake as he rubs his eyes and looks "That can not be a good thing"He quickly heads down from the tree to his camp to wake a couple of the shrews.   

Some villagers have come to try and put out the flames of their Chieftain's home, and there they find the bodyguards clutching books and dishes. They hurriedly drag them and their cargo away to near the Infirmary where Basil is as more villagers arrive and start bucket chains to try to put out the flames. Town guards have figured out some of the culprits and are chasing them down to try and catch them while others infiltrate the house, only to discover Blisa is missing and her guards Statler and Waldo are dead. The Town Hall appears to be a lost cause, and the villagers desperately try to save Blisa's house. This is extra bad because there are a lot of irreplaceable documents in both buildings. Hopefully the village Recorder has copies of them with his files...   

Patch is picked up carefully by Otis and the two stoats look around, they soon find one of the main body guards in the infirm.When healer comes near Otto shakes his head"He..he's dead." An area of the rat's neck is very clearly swollen where the dart was,the dart likely fell out but it's clear this was a posioning, "Why they kill Patch fer?" "Maybe he....heard somethinmg...."   

Kage helps a weasel who got too close to the flames,he decides to lead them to the infirm,"There there calm ya self.We can get ta de infirm"The infirm is still standing,the roof was on fire but it was quickly put out.   

Xavier looks unsure of walking into a possible invasion.He looks to his two shrews who look back at him like he has lost it." What we supposed ta do Log-a-log?" The log-a-log frowns, then speaks "Help if we can, we do have a peace treaty with Ferravale...remember?" And they do,though it's only be active a short season or two.   

The fire in Blisa's house is eventually put out. Only half of it is destroyed, but they need to let it cool before they can figure out if any of the important documents can be salvaged. Meanwhile, someone has managed to start ringing the bell, which wakes up anyone in Ferravale who was still asleep. The wallguards in Redwall hear it and see the smoke, and rush to tell the Abbot. The Healers are tending to the bodyguards and any burned villagers, and the villains were chased out of town or killed (except for Kage and a couple others who are acting innocent. They're not suspected). Only a grizzled old rat Healer is willing to go near Basil and help him, though.   

Kage is NOT going near that snake, he blinks and hmmms"Well...."He keeps up his so innocent healer act and helps where he can.He may even stick around the area for a while.   

Patch is laid on a cot in the back of the infirm by Otis, Otto sighs and looks around "I guess I can....tend ta de tavern for now."A lot is likely gonna need aa drink after thuis and some food is always welcomed.The stoat frowns but at least he knows how to cook and him and otto both know how to run the tavern,they were taught by Patch for days he wasn't there .   

Xavier frowns and heads on into the village to see where they can help "We can also see what happen and tell like de abbey, they gonna want ta know"   

"Where--WHERE'TH BLITHA??" Ferdinand shocks awake, jerking up into a sitting position on his cot, then holding his head and trying not to vomit as the world spins and he almost blacks out. The rest of the living bodyguards groan as they awaken. Basil has yet to wake up yet. Hank the fox hasn't woken up yet....and is he not breathing?   

Otis walks over "I..I don't think anyone knows...." He frowns not knowing the chieftain was missing "P..Patch is dead, by the way."Likely the head guard will be here soon too.   

Kage tends to a regular town guard who has a burn on their arm as they were in the town hall" I have not seen her recently"Recent being now" Maybe she is elsewhere, the town hall and her home was burned"   

Xavier is careful, very alert as they are in the village"Stay close ya two" The other two shrews obey and act like they rather be elsewhere.The log-a-log looks around "Something makor is goin' on here. Let's hope it isn't elsewhere too"   

Ann appears with her usual suddenness. "Who are you?" She asks Kage in her deadpan voice. Ferdinand stands, almost falls, and wobbles his way to Valerie, who has just sat up. "We....we need a headcount of...of the bodyguardth and....and then go find her." Valerie nods, but they're interrupted by a Healer. "Valerie...your brother, Hank...he's gone. He had an allergic reaction to the knockout smoke..." Valerie rushes over to her brother to check for herself, but it's true: he's gone. The vixen's wails add to the chaos of the village.   

Kage nods "I am Kage a healer who is helping your wounded" A simple statement,thats true as he is helping in the infirm.   

Otto decides to help by getting things settled at the tavern for those needing or wanting food and drink.He will even have some tavern workers bring food and drink over to the infirm.   

Xavier looks around, the Town Hall is a burning smoking pile of wood and stone, th chieftain's home is half gone. He looks in the infirm,he looks at the roof.Maybe the shrews could fix the part of damaged roof over the next week or so.   

Ann nods and makes a mental note to have the guards keep a lookout on the newcomers. She approaches the shrews. "Hello, friends. I'm sorry we can not offer you the welcome we usually would. Have you seen our Chieftain? She is missing." Some brave villagers have entered the Chieftain's home to make sure Blisa isn't there. Basil starts moaning and whining as he wakes up with a splitting headache. It's almost loud enough to wake the dead.

Xavier shakes his head"I am sorry I have not seen her. She could be anywhere...wot happen here anyways?"   

Kage watches the Head Guard Ann carefully, he stays calm and he stays where he is,helping when asked to help.

"We were attacked," Ann answers. "My guards managed to kill most of the intruders, although a few escaped." The villagers who had explored Blisa's home come running up. "The Chieftain is nowhere to be found!"   

Xavier listens closely"Any idea by whom?" The other two shrews look worried,he has one go back to camp to make sure there is no trouble there.There won't be as the camp is hidden but iits good to update whom ever is theere still on what happen.   

Kage quiely listens, he only knows some of the events,not all but he stays quiet and calm .a small frown forms, some concern must be shown after all.   

Stumbling slightly, Ferdinand comes up to Ann and Xavier. "We will find her, and bring her back if....if the ith able to." Ann shakes her head. "How?" The Head Bodyguard points to Basil, who is unhappily accepting some medicine. "Thnaketh have better thmell than we do. If anybeatht can find her, Bathil can." Valerie comes up, her face streaked with tears. "I'll come, too. I don't care if we're leaving right away. I want vengeance on my brother's murderers." Ferdinand nods. "Ath thoon ath Bathil ith well enough to move, we go." Clarissa and Valerie head off to gather up enough supplies for them and salvage what possessions they can from the wreckage of the Chieftain's home.   

Xavier watches and speaks "Maybe some beasts from de abbey can help as well"   

Kage listens and adds "But the beasts who have your chieftain could be anywhere, any direction" Does he know the way they went? No he doesn't sadly or he lkely would of tagged along with the group of bad guys that did escape.   

Ferdinand smirks at Kage, despite his throbbing head. "Bathil can thcent her out. Blitha raithed him from a ropelet of a youngling. He knowth her thcent better than anyone elthe. He can find her." Basilisk starts to slither towards the Infirmary, hissing mournfully. Beasts scatter in panic. Ferdinand descends the steps to meet him as he starts to speak. "Basssssil will find Blissssa and *eat* the beasssstsss who did thissss, hissssss. The will pay for ruining *everything*!"

Xavier even backs up when the snake shows up. He looks around at , well some are still in a panic "I will have me GUOSIM keep a look out as well"   

Kage resist the urge to try and slap the ferret for the smirk,but manages to remain calm.He looks at the snake and gets slightly uneasy,he always did fear snakes.   

"Ferdinand, not all of us trust that snake. We'll make our own search parties and look in whatever directions he doesn't go, just to be on the safe side." The Head Bodyguard nods. "Thoundth reathonable." Various villagers start assembling their own search parties. Valerie and Clarissa return. "We have all we need." Ferdinand turns, and all the surviving bodyguards gather around him, shouldering their packs.

Xavier watches, he looks to the one sherew with him"Lets update de abbey"And so he goes to do just that.

Kage watches as others start to look for the chieftain.He knows the beasts that took her and knows they likely know how to hid well, or maybe they don't.He decides he best slip off somewhere, maybe the tavern for a drink of ale before he is asked any questions.   

The bodyguards head off, following Basilisk, who picks up the scent trail just behind the Chieftain's house and follows it East, ever East. The other search parties spread out in other directions. Ferdinand and his group will end up being the ones to find Blisa, but not without some peril along the way... (Thanks for the decade of RP, everyone!)

Last edited by Proud LP (2022-08-20 09:11:59 PM)

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

Board footer