Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-28 07:33:39 PM

Proud LP

Lovely Chats and Tea-Redwall Log

**My first log with Jaison. He doesn't come in right away**

WHO:

Jaison-Healer at Redwall

Elbio-A LT in the LP,Fighter and Residential Redwall LP Hare

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Log:

Elbio has been back a couple days, it surprisaed a lot of beasts and now he was getting some needed quiet time, well almost as a couple privates stand in front og him,one clears thier throat.The Lt. opens his eyes and sighs "Ya got in trouble with the Friar didn't you?" He gets a nod"Well I say head back to the base..before the Captain sends out a serch party.you were to make sure I got here ok and I did"They nod and sulate and head off to the base,Elbio would of walked on here alone but his Lordship forbids any hare to go alone, also the reason for two privates to head back to 67th.Elbio yawns and sits up better,a quick glace and he sees his walking staff he uses when needed.   

Benar walks down the steps from upstairs, the abbot is deep in conversation with Matilda the two discussing the harvest it sounds in depth as they move toward the kitchens. The abbot slows and looks at Elbio, "Hello you, what brings you back to the abbey?"   

Elbio looks over at the abbot and smiles"Greetings Father Abbot it's been a while"He frowns "Bit too long, sorry fer that but I am now back"

Benar asks, "It has been awhile, welcome back, did I hear someone mention the 67th? Are you taking control of the outpost? Or are you staying here still?"

Elbio nods"Yes a group of hares have come to the 67th, Captain Lucia is in charge of the group at the 67th. His Lorsship and some higher up hares decided it would be good to have a Long Patrol base in Mossflower again, just in case of any trouble and to keep the area safe."He smiles as he stands up slowly,he lets the arm of the chair support him before fully standing up "I will be here and if a message is needed I can send a runner from the basse at 67"

Benar says, "Well that is nice to know, I will have to invite this captain Lucia to drop in and say hello, it will be nice to have the Long Patrol around again."

Elbio nods "The Captain does have some news to go over with you sur so that would be good." He is quiet a few morments before speaking" I..had planed to be back before winter season..the past winter season, but I was ambushed"He doesn't say by who."I was in a wheelchair for a while, I didn't think I ever walk again but I slowly started to heal and"A smile "I can walk, long distances is a bit of an issue and at times I do need a walking staff, but not too often"

Benar says, "Well I am glad you can walk again, but you must not push yourself, especially if you still need a walking staff," he frowned, "You must take care of yourself now you are back in the abbey."

Elbio smiles,a nod "I know and I have done"A chuckle"A LOT of walking the past couple weeks....no plans to do that much walking again"   

Benar asks, "Well you are home now, I trust your old room is how you left it? Do you need anyuthing else now you are back?"

Elbio smiles "My room has been kept very nice and I am glad of that.I am happy to be back and it seems all is well at the abbey. Unless there was news I missed"   

Benar asks, "Well I am glad, it is nice to have you back Elbio," he looked around Cavern Hole, "Now I really should get out of here before the kitchen staff start setting up for dinner, What are you doing down here anyway at this time of day?"

Elbio replies "Had a small meeting with a couple Privates before they went back to the 67th."He sighs "Seems they faced the wrath of the Frair...I did warn them and they had to help in the kitchens with dishes,sweeping and mopping after breakfast and lunch...and just before you came in I sent them back to post 67"   

Benar says, "I see... well that should teach them not to have a run in with the Friar, but do try not to use Cavern Hole for military meetings please. I don't want to see Redwall full of saluting, marching hares, it is quite against the whole ethos of what Redwall stands for."

Elbio nods "I will keep that in mind sur. Hopfully thar won't be a bunch of hares.......though if thar is a feast coming up for Summer I likely should warn the Frair"

Benar smiled softly, "Whoever said I was inviting the 67th to our Summer Feast?" he grins wider, "Quite sure such an invitation would leave us starving all winter long after you walking stomachs eat all our harvest

Jaison makes his way down the stairs and stops a morment as he listens,catching the end of the talk"There is a group of hares somewhere in the abbey?"   

Elbio nods"Then I won't mention it..."He glaces at Jaison and smiles"Just one hare in the abbey, me"   

Benar turns to look at Jaison and smiles, "Oh only Elbio, he has returned but the Long Patrol have re-opened their station at the 67th which is nice. And Elbio I was joking, everyone is welcome to our feast always, do extend an invitation to the Captain."   

Jaison nods as he comes the rest of the way in and sits down "I..oh yes I remember Elbio now.Welcome back good hare"   

Elbio smiles "Good to be back"He nods to the Abbot"I will, when is it by the way?"   

Benar says, "I've not settled on a date yet," the grey squirrel said as he moved toward the stairs, "I am negotiating that with the Friar and planning the scaffolding that is going to go up to help us access and repair the roof."

Elbio says, "I heard about the roof from the GUOSIM. Fixing the roof is indeed imporant."

Jaison nods"Yes, it is..some, I say, very brave beasts are going to the roof...the veru high roof "   

Elbio chuckles softly "High up places don't brother me, use to climb the side of mountains. Can't now really."He smiles "I managed to climb the abbey wall...ell with a grapping hook when I first ever was in the abbey."   

Benar says, "It is not that high Jaison," the squirrel laughed as he settled down in a chair, "I mean compared to some things I have climbed it is practically next to the ground," he smiles softly, "I will admit though my usual route to the roof is inside up the side of the Great Hall"

Jaison frowns "Well squiirels are use ta high places."   

Elbio smiles "I know the Log-a-log loves being up high, supposely his father liked high places too and thar is some very tall tree close to the GUOSIM camp he can use as a lookout tower of sorts"

Jaison says, "I shall watch from below and be there if a healer is needed, which I hope a healer won't be needed"

Benar says, "Well Jaison I won't push you to climb that high," he smiled at the hamster, "I know you prefer the infirmary and being on the ground. But we could do with a healer around at least ont he ground whilst we are building it so that is a wise precaution to take."

Elbio says, "Sounds like you have a good plan in place then so it should go well.And the feast could be a way to celebrate a job well done." He smiles"I am sure the sparra would like that. Last I remember thier queen is..Chestnut right? and she has a son named Anal?"

Jaison hmmms"I am unsure sorry.I don't know too much of the Spaara and they stay in the lofts most of the time."   

Benar says, "Chestnut is her name yes, though I do not think I have met her son, they do not come down here with us Abbeyworms very often. But I spoke to the Queen about fixing the roof."

Elbio says, "And the Sparra dislike any beasts to be near thier nests or the lofts.Very few have premission but the Sparra are always thar to help the abbey if ever needed."

Jaison nods"I suppose I should learn more of the sparra, least a little bit about them."He hmms"I wonder if they have thioer own healer of sorts ot do they come down here for healing needs?"

Benar says, "I do know Elbio," Benar says with a soft smile, "I've been dealing with the Sparra for seasons. But it would be good to stay on their good side really."   

Elbio nods "I have never had an issue with them, and thier speech is very easy to learn so I can also speak to them if I do see them"   

Jaison chuckles some "To them everyone is worm this or worm that. Its intresting"   

Benar says, "Well their language is an interesting one, but not that hard once you get the hang of it"

Elbio says, "I am going to havr to learn mole speech, since I am here to stay..thier speech is a little more hard to learn."He yawns as he is starting to get a little tired."

Jaison smiles"I know mole speech...well fairly well.The foremole was in the infirm a few weeks ago, he injuried one of his digging paws.It's better now though."   

Benar asks, "Molespeech was one of the first I learnt as a Novice, the real challenge was Badger Script, I still am not the best at reading that, it always makes my eyes water," he stood up, "Now then who is joining me out on the breezeway for afternoon tea?"

Elbio smiles "I could Benar, sounds nice and I didn't know you knew some Badger Script."He gets his walking staff to follow the abbot outside for afternoon tea.   

Jaison nods"I..I suppose I could have tea as well.The weather is nice today"

Benar heads upstairs and out onto the breezeway, the sheltered colonade walk along the edge of the great hall has a snug metal table and a set of large wicker-work chairs set up. Benar settles down in one of the chairs and smiles at Jaison, "Join me, I like to work out here on my papers inthe afternoon, but company or tea is always welcome, how are things inthe Infirmary?"

Jaison nods"I have done a inventory report and we are good on many herbs, a couple may need found in the woods and we can harvest some in the herbal garden we have. I been helping a good deal since Angela took some time off or was made to I suppose."{He frowns "I wonder if she is ok, Dorarose seems upset about something but not been able to find out what...you think everything is ok with her family?"   

Benar says, "Everything seemed fine last time I spoke, she's been looking off into the woods a lot lately, but we have not had time to talk in depth recently. I may hunt out a keg of October Ale and go invite myself over to dinner in the Gatehouse soon."

Jaison nods,"Sounds like a good plan.Its good it's been peaceful lately at the abbey and around the woods."

Benar says, "I do like it being peaceful," he shakes his head and pours himself some more iced-tea, "It is when things get violent and disturbed that it starts getting harder to go on."

Jaison sips his own tea" Let's hope the peace stays.We need a good long peaceful time in Mossflower."Another sip of tea" I di hope other areas are peaceful as well,that will help keep the peaCe longer in Mossflower    "

Benar says, "It sounds like things have been exciting down at the Mountain as well, my last letter from Lord Ciocan was full of news. But things are peaceful here so this is good in my book."

Jaison hmmms thoughtfully "I suppose that's why some Long Patrol hares came, to make sure things stay peaceful in Mossflower. That's good to know.I didnt even know there was a Long Patrol post in Mossflower."He sips tea "I really should read more of the older history I guess."   

Benar says, "The 67th has a varied history, sometimes it is manned, sometimes it is left for seasons, othertimes there have been sad losses and well it has been closed down. The Badgerlord likes to keep it open when he can do so."

Jaison listens as the abbot speaks"Well seems to be open now, so thats a good thing. Haveing hares around is a good thing, well most of the time a good thing"   

Benar says, "Indeed, though the Friar is bound to depsair when it comes time to feeding them all, they sure do eat a lot," he pulled a piece of paper out of its case and checked it, "Also I need to talk to Foremole about the wood for the scaffold."

Jaison nods" That be good. is there anything else we should check on before winter? As I said we should be good on supplies and herbs for the infirm though winter. I could go with someone if any supplies are needed for something at the market up the road, it should be open till late authumn"

Benar says, "Check with Angela what we may need," he looked through his paperwork, "Elmef says the harvest is coming along nicely and we shoul dhave plenty of food for Winter, so mostly it is building materials we need, clay for the new tiles"

Jaison offers a smile"I could help get some clay by the river, take a group of novices and maybe like Matilda or the Badger Mother maybe, if they want to come that is. And if we get a lot and its getting too dark to get all the way to the abbey we can stay in ferravale for the night and finish heading back tomorrow"   

Benar says, "Sounds good to me, though the best clay is actually east toward the river and not really up near Ferravale, I can lead the way I am still the abbey potter after all. But it'd be good to go out on a proper trip, maybe camping or staying at camp willow before coming back"

Jaison nods "Could be ...fun but won't beast worry if the Abbot goes that far from the abbey?"   

Benar says, "I go out that far all the time," he chuckles, "I collect the clay for the kiln all the time"

Jaison frowns, he had not know that"Well guess its fine and it's not like your be by yourself.We could maybe get some tomorrow and some more after the scaffling is done"   

Benar says, "Oh yes I never go out on my own," he smiled, "We could do that or do it after the scaffolding is done, we have time"

Jaison leans back"Oh, ok I was a little worried we didn't have much time. Still likely in the next couple weeks as of course likely busy with planing for the feast and getting the scaffling safely set up too."

Benar says, "We have plenty to keep us busy that is for sure, harvest too so it will be good to have a trip out planned to give everyone a break"

Jaison smiles"Breaks are good for all. Yes we are collecting clay but its still a nice trip and time by the river"   

Benar says, "It's always a nice trip to the river to collect clay, I do it several times a season, and the otters are usually around or the GUOSIM, itis a good trip"

Jaison says, "And the GUOSIM was away a while .Its good to see them back as well.I wonder what they did all the time they were away"

Benar says, "Well from talking to the Log-a-Log they where travelling the rivers, camping, journeying, exploring, just enjoying life in their log-boats."

Jaison says, "maybe they found new intresting places. I have been along the river, some of the herbs are sometimes found by the river or woods if needed."

Benar says, "Well I am sure they will be back in a few days to help with the scaffolding, we could ask them to share their stories with us"

Jaison nods"Oh the GUOSIM, I think they are in the abbey now, maybe by that firepit area . " A smile"Stories be nice to share one day."   

Benar asks, "Oh they are back? I know Log-a-Log went off to extend an invitation to them to join us here. I didn't realise they had made it back"

Jaison says, "I saw a couple of them, not sure if Log-a-log was one of them or not.They were by the firepit"

Benar says, "AH I will go out and say good day to them later, join them by their fire tonight"

Jaison says, "I wonder why beasts like the firepit area so much, it's either abandoned for days or really busy for a couple days like a couple times a season"

Benar says, "Welll some beasts like to stay outside, I guess it just depends on the type of visitors we have at the time."

Jaison chuckles"Visators come and go, ones we know well like the GUOSIM usually stick around longer and I know those.."He paulses for th e right words "Umm, slightly crazy squirrels I know was around a while, they left thank goodness. To me they seemed, well, some manners would of been nice to teach them"   

Benar says, "The squirrel visitors where certainly an interesting bunch, but they are nicely settled back into the forest now"

Jaison says, "yes intresting is sort of them. I am unsure if they are friend or foe or like something in the middle"

Benar says, "Well I should get back to my office for now," he smiled, "Have a good day Jaison"

Jaison waves and finishes his tea.He then heasds to the infirm after getting the teapot and cups back to the kitchens.

Per page: 100 150 200 500

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

Board footer