Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-11 08:25:01 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

All good things...

I have been a member of the Redwall MUCK since March 1st, 2012.  I have seen many players come and go.  I know that seasons change, and many good things must come to an end.  So it is with sorrow that I must inform you that my season of life has changed, and it is in my best interests to leave the MUCK.

It is not the fault of any players.  No way.  Actually, I stayed despite 2 certain players who literally almost destroyed the MUCK.  They were attacking everyone because we weren't doing things their way.  They are now gone (thank God), but they drove away a number of other players that I still miss to this day.  No, I'm not going to let any players make me leave the MUCK.  And neither should you.  If someone on the MUCK is bullying you or sexually harassing you (both of which have happened in my time here, although the latter one never happened to me), don't up and leave, and don't just ignore them; both of those things let them win and communicate to them that their behaviour is perfectly fine.  Instead, email Otter/Brian Jones (y'know, the guy who actually owns the MUCK) at brianj@otterspace.com so he can deal with them appropriately. 

Please email redwallmuck.help@gmail.com for any issues with the forums, wiki, and radio.  The people in charge of each of those respective sites has access to it and will help you as quickly as their real lives allow them to.

If you use MudPortal (http://www.mudportal.com/play?host=redw … me=Redwall) to connect like I do, you can contact them here: https://www.facebook.com/mudportal via Messenger; they respond very quickly.

Don't rely on anyone else to help you or try to get anyone else to do it for you.  You have to be your own advocate.  Only you can protect yourself, and leaving just because someone is being a jerk will never protect you or the people around you.  A life lived in fear is not a life worth living.

Also, don't just automatically trust a returning older player.  Make them earn your trust.  The people I mentioned above (who should remain unnamed unless they return and start causing actual problems again) were older players who had joined long before I had.  Just because someone has been on the MUCK before doesn't mean they're a healthy person.  Give them time, but also for the love of everything, be kind.  I've also encountered my friends ostracizing a new player just because they didn't know the rules.  Don't be like that.  Please be a good human.

Now, in regards to my leaving: I'm not killing of my characters.  I have a plan on how to remove them from the areas people play in, make a cool story out of it (that maybe I'll manage to write out and put on FanFictionDotNet), and not kill off my characters.  I really don't want them to be dead, y'know?  Because who knows?  Maybe my season of life will change someday and I'll be able to return. 

Because that's all that happened:  my season of life has changed in the past 10 years.  I am now in college, I am a student worker in the tutoring lab, and I have so many RL friends.  Y'all, when I joined the MUCK, I had no true RL friends...at all.  I'm not even kidding.  My internet friends were my only friends, and my friends here on the MUCK were my main internet friends.  There were days, weeks, months, when the RPs on here were truly the only good thing I had to look forward to in my life (that and my kitties).  I remember a few times when the knowledge that I had people on here waiting to RP with me, expecting me to log on, was the only thing that kept me from killing myself.  The ridiculous RPs on here gave me joy and laughter in some pretty deep darkness.  But I now have good, true RL friends, and my life is only going to get busier the farther into college I go.  I may be a part time student now, but I am aiming for a masters degree, and to be getting that I'll have to be a full time student, probably interning, and my end goal is to be a practicing clinical therapist. 

My life is probably only going to get busier, and unfortunately, that means I have to start saying no to things.  And the MUCK is something I have to say no to....at least for now.  Again, my seasons of life may change again and I'll be able to return.  Which is why I'm going to be starting a few plots that will ultimately lead to my characters going to DoraRose's homeland, Tuscani.  I'll need some help getting Felicity an honourable discharge from the Long Patrol since I'm not sure how to go about that.  I have it planned out for all my other characters, though. 

This shouldn't conflict with anyone's plots, so don't feel like you need to rearrange how you're doing things to accommodate mine.  I need to have this all done by the end of August, though, so I'm gone by the time school really ramps up again.

Thank you all so, so much for being my friends and for all the years we've played together.  You're more than welcome to ask for advice via forum email or the various social medias y'all are connected with me on.  Please know that after I leave, I probably won't have much time to keep up with the forums and logs, so you may need to summarize things for me if you're wanting advice on a certain plot or whatever.

May we part in goodwill, and remain friends evermore <3

I'm not gone quite yet; we have until my plots are resolved to RP smile

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2022-08-16 03:27:22 PM)

#2 2022-06-11 08:56:47 PM

oz

Re: All good things...

You will be missed sad

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#3 2022-06-15 03:13:33 PM

Log-A-Log

When does your planed role plays start? My guess is soon.
As for  Honable Discharge guessing that be  ICLY Quenten and Ciocan department.
I am glad no one is dying off abnd I hope top do some role play with your characters before they head off to where ever

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#4 2022-06-16 08:42:30 AM

Mother Krisha

We NEED to have the  Summer Feast before you leave!!! And name it something to do with your characters I think smile

#5 2022-06-16 10:46:26 AM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Mother Krisha wrote:

We NEED to have the  Summer Feast before you leave!!! And name it something to do with your characters I think smile

This is a really wonderful idea! Summer of the Rose, Summer of a Strongheart?

Thank you for your many years of RP and friendship, Blisa!

#6 2022-06-16 11:58:30 AM

Proud LP

YES!!!!

Summer of The Strong Heart
Summer of A strong Heart
Summer of Strong Hearts

One of these yes!

Lets do this Summer Feast soon like begining of July on a saturday that Dorarose can be online smile

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

#7 2022-06-16 12:04:45 PM

Catgirl

I have not been roleplaying on here much BUT
I agree Blisa,Dorarose and  her other alts are great to Roleplay with.She is a great role player and the Redwall Feast does have to have her be able to be there.
I hope all goes well for you in the furture and...cool a Masters Degree is really really big and hard to get, so it will be even more awsome if you get it!

#8 2022-06-16 01:51:21 PM

oz

Sounds awesome for Summer Feast

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#9 2022-06-16 04:29:17 PM

Willow

You will be missed greatly. I've always enjoyed the times we've played together but to needing to leave because life is going really well is an excellent reason. I've been through the need to step back, my life is completely different to when I joined the muck and I've come and gone a couple of times over the years but never completely left because of the impact being here has had on me and all the fun I've had along the way. I hope college goes well and that you achieve all your plans and they're everything you hope for. Hopefully at some we'll both be on at the same time before you go but either way I hope you have a great time in college and feel free to stick your head in the forums from time to time.

#10 2022-06-16 06:31:31 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

i plan to start the rps the next time I'm able to get online and rp.  again, they will be happening in concurrence with the plots already happening, so except for a little thing I'm discussing with Terrence, not much of what y'all have planned will need to be changed.

I'll get back to you guys about when i can be on for the summer feast.  i am so touched that you'd name it after dorarose.  thanks, friends <3

there's a chance I'll be on on some extra days in july in addition to some Saturdays, but I'm not fully sure yet.  I'll have to see as i get closer.

I will miss this place and you guys.  i do hope at some point in the future, even if it's years from now, i can come back to rp once again.  I guess I'll see.

#11 2022-06-18 02:32:45 PM

Ol'random
Website

As everyone's said, you will be missed! It'll be weird on the muck without you because you've been an active presence since more or less when I first joined (and I've always viewed DoraRose and John being roughly the same age/generation). Your characters have always been a very good anchor when I've been absent from the Muck in the past, as what's going on with them has been a pretty good way to figure out what was going on with the wider muck in general + what the feel of the day is IC'ly, plus your consistency over the years was also a great way to tell how the Muck was doing OOC'ly. Hopefully the rest of us can fill a similar role if/when ever you decide to pop back on or check in with this place.

(Also even if you're gone, please feel free to keep up with the Muck Wiki especially if you want a nostalgic trip ever - my current plan is to slowly get all the past plots/tps on there and organized so they read kinda like a RW book, with each individual log acting as a chapter and arcs within the TP acting as the different parts (because every RW book has 3 parts). All with slight editing to fix spelling & grammar to help readability, of course, but nothing more than that).

If you do have days off in July, please let me know! I can't be that active in the first half of August (I should be active again around the 16-18th) and I'm looking to have the current plot I have going (and my characters) reach either a good stopping point to be resumed when I have more time later in the summer. I've been planning on being more active in July because of this, and if you have extra free days that would be great!

Last edited by Ol'random (2022-06-18 02:33:37 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#12 2022-06-19 06:39:43 AM

Elmef

It'll be really sad to see you leave Blisa!

But I understand the trouble and trials of life getting in the way of MUCK time.
I honestly struggle to find time to get on the MUCK after work

When I am WFH I can have it on to the side but often no one is on due to time zones sadly
But I try to get on when I can

But you will be very much missed when you do head on out Blisa

#13 2022-06-19 03:50:48 PM

Leon

Your be missed. I wish you well.

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

#14 2022-06-25 03:50:17 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

okay, so, life happened today (actually this last half of the week).  it's not bad, but it has prevented me from being able to come on today to start my leaving rps.

however, you guys can start doing reactions to some things i was going to start showing today. 

dorarose has been spending an inordinate amount of time on the eastern wall top, not just when she's on guard duty, but when she has free time, too.  she seems distracted by something, but no one knows what that something is (except for angela, but whenever anyone asks, she just gets more cranky and basically tells them to not be gossips and that they should ask d.r.).  so far d.r. has denied that there's anything wrong, but it's obvious something really big and serious is on her mind.

felicity also seems out of sorts.  she hasn't been sleeping well recently, and her usually perfect uniform has been wrinkled the past week.  she is distracted, and even though she's been helping find everyone's socks, she also sometimes can be found in the catacombs, by the underground lake, or in the crater on top of the mountain, thinking (although she only does this when she's not on duty).  her paperwork is not as pristine as it used to be.  she's obviously also distracted by something big and serious, but no one knows about what it actually is.  (if an email conversation could get going with elmef, oz, and myself in the next couple days, that would be helpful in discussing what the badger lord has discerned from the carvings in the walls of his secret chamber or some badger script books or something.)  the only thing Felicity isn't absentminded about is taking care of her sister and rioko. 

none of my other chars are acting strangely.  but your chars can be reacting to and talking about the info i just shared above smile  hope to rp soon!  hopefully i can actually come on next Saturday *facepalm* I'm going to try!!

#15 2022-07-09 02:20:41 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

For clarification:

ALL of my characters are ICly going with DoraRose to Tuscani.  Even if I end up not being able to RP out their reasons, they are leaving.  NONE of them are staying behind, and no one is allowed to spoof ANY of them in any way, shape, or form.

I also have inherited some other people's chars.  Here is what is happening with them:

Zarok and Terfil will be staying behind in Redwall.  However, if you want to spoof them, you must contact Wanderer directly yourself beforehand.

Emyuil, Basilisk the snake, Rioko, and Nissaya are all joining DoraRose on her trip.  They are not coming back unless I do, so no spoofing them under any circumstances. 

My last day here on the RWMUCK must be August 27th.

#16 2022-07-09 02:34:35 PM

Log-A-Log

Welll Rinko and Felcity traveling togather will be good. Always use the buddy system they say  at Salamandstron...also  my guess a lot of hares will be like Ya the vixen is gone! Get out some Cake! But also will be sad to see Felicty and Julia go:(

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#17 2022-07-09 03:00:07 PM

Log-A-Log

If the feast at the abbey is a saturday
Maybe2nd or 3nd saturday in August? I know on another post you said your offline the next like 4 satuerdays.

#18 2022-07-09 03:12:12 PM

oz

Well Saturdays after August 6th are

August 13th
August 20th
And course
August 27th

I play:

#19 2022-07-09 05:02:11 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

It'd be helpful if I can have everything wrapped up so my last day can be August 20th since the school semester is the 22nd.  I just gave myself a week of leeway, just in case.

#20 2022-07-09 07:04:38 PM

Log-A-Log

so Summer feast like Auguest 13th or 20th then smile

You should make a small log 0f your Redwall characters  and one of your characters  on the shores disccussing going to where ever.

Please keep us up to date

#21 2022-07-12 07:30:56 PM

Proud LP

A suggestion,
I say create a couple of the more important characters you spoof, why? To prevent the names from being made one day and then that causeing confuision. This way when you give Otter the names of your characters to prevent pwipeing...those nams will also be on there.

I know know at one time there was a Caleb on here and then when he was pwiped another person made a Caleb and I saw how that confusied people and I would hate to see that happen with any of your characters. You wouldnt even have to make a desc for them, just create them, put some simple desc on them and  ya!

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

#22 2022-07-15 01:00:07 PM

Sarnith

I remember when you first came around, I had been here for a little bit then. I've mostly been around since then if not all that active in the last few years. It's always sad to see someone go, small a place as this is, good luck in your endeavors.

#23 2022-07-17 07:51:28 PM

wallace

We didn't run into each other much, but good luck out there. Take care.

I play Wallace and Adyna, and spoof many more. Page me if you need help.

#24 2022-07-22 10:01:25 AM

The_Brony_Marek

You will be missed you are an awosome role player

I sadly have not been active for a long while but when I was active I very much enjoyed our roleplays with our characters.

#25 2022-08-16 03:27:54 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I have updated about how to contact aeysin, as well as Riverdale.  See original post at the top smile

Board footer