Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-04 04:29:01 PM

Ol'random
Website

A great idea to slap Cole. In front of officers. - Long Patrol 5/28/22

Sgt Adrian, Pvt Cole, MSgt Terrence, Cpt Velm, & spoofs

Having taken advantage of the late spring weather, Terrence had all the hares of the mountain patrol organise themselves and go for a run - they aren't due back for at least another hour or so, leaving the master-sergeant by himself on the shore waiting.

Velm had decided to go along with the group, and it was good to get out of the mountain for a change. The fresh air and the space helped him to think as he had spend a good deal of time inside or in the infirm with checkups and tending to the recovering Lt. as well.He wasn't one of the fastest hares but he didn't seem to mind that too much.

While the captain's presence was a surprise, Terrence hadn't said a word when Velm joined his hares. Having an officer along would probably keep them more on track, and he won't complain. Can't guarantee the same for the various privates and nco's running with Velm, though, but none of the hares near the healer would dare breath anything about that. Instead they mostly keep to themselves in their groups, squads and companies sticking together in a (mostly) ordered fashion. With Velm being part of the Homeguard and not the Mountain Patrol, he can kinda do as he pleases - especially because he's a captain.

Velm needed some time away and a run did help, besides there was a couple privates acting up earlier, and one private  twisted his ankle when they tripped over a bit of covered drift wood in the sand. Velm keeps an eye on a now slightly limping private. "I say just rest the rest of de day and ya should be fine tomorrow young chap."

The private nods silently as he tries to keep up with his unit, face scarlet with embarrassment. "You 'eard the captain!" Calls the sergeant leading the troop, "Rest up and I'll have you back out 'ere by dawn."

Privately, the private is deeply thankful that Velm's presence as a commissioned officer means that any jokes at his expense will be held off for now.

Velm walks over to Terrence after making sure the limping Private is doing okay "Hallo Sergeant, how are you doing today?"

Terrence looks up, rising slowly. "I'm well, thank you," he says as he dusts off his paws. "How was the run?"

The private and the rest of the hares, now back, go about finding places to take a rest until they're called to attention again.

Cole seemed to dislike joining in on the run, but he did and got there just in time, barely avoiding being yelled at... again. He sits down with the others now quietly.

Velm nods "It was good, tis good to get out of the mountain sometimes. I been a little  too busy, also a good run helps clear the head and makes one less stressed."

Having already sat back down against the rock, Terrence nods as he listens, saying, "Yes, yes, that's good. I can imagine it can." His eyes are gazing northward up the shore as he speaks.

Cole frowns "Why so many runs lately though sur? A day off be blooming good, right?" He even smiles, a smile always is good to have after all.

Velm frowns towards Cole and hmmms as he notices the gaze northwards "Something in your sights Sergeant or worried bout something? The beach seems mostly clear today."

"An extra run a week is to make up for all the setting about the Patrol did in winter," Terrence wryly addresses Cole while still keeping his eyes northwards. "The hares are supposed to get at least one good march in per week, unless your footpaws forgot that." He shakes his head with a snort. "As for- no, captain. Nothing yet, at any rate. Simply thinking."

Cole frowns but nods "True, sur... ya be right as we hares got to stay fit and stuff."

Velm speaks "Expecting someone?"He asks  as he studies the same direction a moment, he even glances at the sea a bit.

"No." Terrence replies with a shrug, "My mind's simply on the town, that's all. I suppose I am expecting something to happen, in a way."

Cole listens a little, another private speaks "A lot happens in Halyard sur and has fer a while. I say some be too worried 'bout it cause no one can go to Halyard as much as they did before'and de tavern is a great place ta go... usually"

Velm nods slowly, a glance at the Private speaking "Don't always have ta go to Halyard on a day off. Could relax and have a day on the beach maybe." He hasn't heard too much of what has been going on in Halyard since that's mostly, except for major issues, something the main patrol deals with.

"Now may be a good time to remind you all," Terrence turns to face them, "The order for the battalion to stay out of Halyard except for official business still stands. If I find anyone has gone to get even a drink there," he eyes the private who had spoken earlier, "Well, I'm certain you can guess."

Cole ears droop slightly as the Sergeant speaks, "So... when can we like go ta Halayard again?" The other private sighs and even pouts and a couple seem worried but all look to be listening to what is said.

Velm says, "I am guessing thar is some new updates that need to be heard. I know we still get some supplies from Halyard, though I think one time a small ship came right to de beach with some supplies. "Likely one of the merchants that are still friends with the patrol and doing their best to avoid anyone they rather not  run into."

"As of the moment it seems to be if a patrol hare were to wonder on into that town," Terrence sighs, "You'd be about as likely stabbed as offered a drink, and frankly I don't trust hares to not be hot headed and start a brawl. The merchants though - those have slowed down."

Cole frowns "I wouldn't fight or start one that would be bad. I remember when  someone like bumped into a rat and that started a fight  and like with the whole tavern and it was wild." He goes on and on about the day, likely a while ago and then another private slaps him, "HEY!" He gets a glare and looks down at the sand.

The look Terrence gives Cole when he begins to mention that incident is unamused, to say the least - which morphs into shock then anger as Cole is slapped. The master sergeant leaps to his feet and launches himself at the offending hare with a brutal shove. "YOU DO THAT AGAIN I'LL LOP YOUR BLOODY PAW OFF, YOU UNDERSTAND, PRIVATE?"

Adrian arrives from the direction of the mountain to see how the runners have fared. "Hoi. Wot's new wi' you lot? Did y' run fastah th'n yahr grannies this time?"

Velm steps back letting Adrian come towards the group as the Healer is part of the Home Guard, he looks to see if Terrence needs any help when it looks like a small fight between a couple Privates is about to start.

Cole takes a deep breath and does start to shove the other Private but stops when Terrence comes over. The Private that slapped Cole glares "He started it, going on and on and he wouldn't shut up, he talks too much." Cole mutters something under his breath and looks down, he resists the urge to punch the other private, a calming breath as he lets some sand run threw his fingers, it seems to calm him a little.

"Private, the master sergeant hisses as he steps in between them, his back to Cole and looming over the other private. "Are you an idiot? You think that justifies a slap?" he spits, "And you dare don't talk back - you're already in a world of trouble." Terrence looks more furious than any of the hares present have likely ever seen him.

Adrian oh mys, and he raises his paws, taking a step back. Clearly this was a bad time. so he starts to back away slowly, letting Terrence handle... whatever it is that he's handling. "Y'know, tell me latah, wot!"

Cole stays quiet as the other private speaks "Well... I... ummm..." Okay the Sergeant looks really really mad and it seems the poor Private is starting to notice and no one is helping him either as they decide it's best not to even speak as the Private gulps a little. "Well... sur, ya see... well wot am I supposed ta do? Hmm... let him be annoying?" Cole  glances over now but  is still silent, which is likely wise as he likely get himself in trouble too.

Velm frowns, not wise to make an officer upset and Velm has  seen some Privates get into trouble before. He has dealt with  stubborn privates before as he  did have a small group of  hares  when he went to Mossflower seasons ago.A frown, only one of those hares are still around, then a lot of  hares were lost that day.

"What you're supposed to do," Terrence's voice is dripping with scorn, "Is whatever you're told to do. So, yes, let him be annoying. It's my job to tell hares to shut up, not yours, cleah?" The hare glares at the private for a long moment, letting the words sink in.

"Sergeant Adrian!" He calls as he turns on his heel, not having missed the way the sergeant was slipping away, "You can be in charge of this private's punishment if you wish! They don't seem to understand how the patrol works, so teach them as you see fit."

Velm quietly heads back into the mountain letting the other officers deal with the Private.

Cole sits quietly, he is doing a fairly good job not to punch the other Private back, it may be wise to have the hares head inside, well except Private Miller, the one that's in trouble for slapping Cole.

Adrian ohs, and he turns at hearing his name. "I think scrubbing all the floors in Salamandastron with a toothbrush from cellar to level three might be a good fit for a punishment, wouldn't you agree?"

"Until next summer, yes," Terrence dips his head. "Well, I'll leave Miller in your paws, Adrian. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna get the rest of this lot indoors." With that he stalks off and begins getting the rest of the patrol on their feet and moving.

Last edited by Ol'random (2022-06-04 04:29:24 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer