Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-25 04:49:08 PM

Proud LP

Checkups and Some Worries-LP Log

= Sorry took so long, also the small bit at the end some reason wasn't on logger, anyways enjoy=

who:

Velm-Captain,healer,Chief Healer in Home Guard

Julia-Hare dibbun

Ciocan-Badger Lord

LOG:

Velm finally got a break, not that he was in the infirm a lot, in fact, some of the busy time was paper work and then he finds out he is going to be a father, at first he was happy, and then he got to worrying. Things could happen, and it seemed time off was not so welcome for officers but it would be needed in a couple of months or so maybe.

Julia has been having a good day, actually. She's enjoying what she's learning in her classes, she's getting a lot of quality time with her sister and her friends. However, rule breaking is a hard habit to stop, especially when she forgets that something is a rule. The leveret has forgotten that she's not allowed in the crater without an adult, and so here she is, up in the crater without adult supervision. She is behind a boulder, drawing and humming to herself.   

Velm's ears perk and he scans the top of the crater and listens carefully.He walks slowly till the sound is louder and then spies the dibbun hare "Hmmm, not quite old enough ta be up here alone lass"   

Julia jumps, startled. She stares up at the Captain, her ears drooping as she realizes he's right. She gives him her best pathetic look. "Please don't tell anybeast. Lissie'll 'ave a fit if she finds out."   

Velm hmmms, "Well I am here, so I suppose tis fine. But in de future do ask,in case thar was trouble we would know where you are" He is glad the weather is good today, it rained some yesterday.   

Julia nods solemnly. "I fohgot. Grown ups usually ah stupid an' tell me no when I ask, anyway. They nevah 'ave a reason, they jus' don't want to go outside, even when I promise t'sit quietly an' read oh somethin'." Julia would've been just fine with it raining. The leveret enjoyed puddles immensely.   

Velm shrugs "Busy suppose...I been busy, check ups and paper work" He frowns a small bit"But check ups be important"   

Julia scowls. "No, they just think they're jus' bettah than us leverets. Lissie comes outside wi' me when she 'as time, but othah grown ups 'ave plenty o' time an' jus' don't cahe." The leveret sighs, weighed down by a sudden thought, but she doesn't mention it. "You seem nice, though. Not gonna get me in trouble like /they/ would, wot!"   

Velm frowns, "Well perhaps his Lordship should have a chat with some hares on being nice to the younger hares, you and the other younger hares are future Long Patrol members....unless one decides to not join and that's ok."He hmmms in though and then nods muttering something to himself.He sighs "I came out for fresh air...helps one think better and have less stress".

Julia shrugs, then nods. She listens, her ears flickering at his mutterings, then she looks up at him. "What do /you/ have to be stressed about? You're a grown up. You can just fix it."   

Velm chuckles "Can't fix everything just cause i am a grown up."A small smile "A couple things, one more worrying....lot more..."He takes a deep breath to calm himself, worried bout Donica... de other issue isn't stressful..."   

Julia blinks. "But I thought grown ups could do /anything/." She looks flabbergasted. "An' why would you be worried 'bout Donica? Is she okay? Why can't you fix it?"   

Velm sits down "Well...she is with child though not to be born till autumn sometime and a lot could happen before then, she will need time off near autumn, weather she wants it or not."   

Julia is suddenly up in the Healer's face, excitement making her look like she's glowing. "A baby??!! She's going to have a baby??!! I love babies!!!" The leveret starts bouncing on her toes at the very thought of there being another baby in the Mountain.   

Velm smiles "Yeah.....but I got to make sure Donica doesn't like get hurt or over worked, so another Corporal will need made before she takes time off."   

Julia's nose is just inches away from Velm's. "Theh's plenty o' 'ares who c'n do it. I wanna 'ear 'bout th' /baby/. What names 'ave y'thought of? D'y' want it t' be a boy or a girl? Or is it /twins/?? C'n I 'elp take care o' it? I'm really careful wi' babies, I promise." That last part is true. The leveret caretakers always let her help with the babies...under supervision, of course.   

Velm backs up a little "I..I don't know, I just recently found out during check ups and she felt ill a couple days, so no names yet sorry and not sure on girl or boy yet"   

Julia sighs and plops back down to sit by her sketchbook. "Well, c'n I at least 'elp wi' it once 'tis bohn?" She pauses, then adds, "Aren't y' excited? I would be excited if I was married an' 'avin' a baby."   

Velm says, "I mean....being a parent is ...well, alot of things and more responsibility to have and such. I want to be a father yeah...just thought it be like later on" He hmms "And as fer helping ya will have to ask Donica about that"   

Julia still looks a little confused. "But 'tis a good thing. Babies are always gifts. Tha'a what Lissie always tells me. Even though they're a lot o' wohk, they're always to be celebrated."   

Velm nods and sighs, he needs to change the subject somehow."Yes...they are..maybe we should head inside now it is getting late and ya sister may be looking for ya"   

Julia nods and gathers up all her drawing supplies. "Yeah, an' I think 'tis dinnah time." She heads inside with him when he's ready, and they find Felicity in the dining hall. Dinner is being served, too, so that's a bonus.

The Next Morning(After Breakfast)

Velm was checking his papers before he turned in a report to the Badger Lord, he went to knock on the door and waited.

Ciocan speaks "Enter Velm, your a bit late but I will forgive you. Things have been a little busy around here. I have a report for a group to go to the old 67th base, and some more work that needs done on the 23nd base." He offers smile"Hope your day is well, I heard your to be a father, congrats."

Velm enters the room and oddly shuts the door.A nod"Yeah, not tilll middle or end of Authumn though." He glances at his papers "All paper work done, expect fer one and I plan ta dget it in today,this morning in fact as just one more beast has a check-up ta do."

Ciocan nods"Well then I say go ahead and get that done and be back by lunch"

Velm chuckles as he lays a stack of papers down and picks one one on top,he checks off the last name and puts down the paper,"Tis you sur....."He grins "Your check up is late, oh no worries I will wont tell anyone your late doing your yearly check up good sur."He watches for a reaction from the badger.

Ciocan snorts, he then sighs "Fine, but I am well...and I have been busy you know."

Velm nods and proceeds to do the checkup "Always good ta have one sur, even if one is well...."He checks the normal things for a checkup and nods "Well ya be in great health  for your age sur..."He backs up just a little,a smile"Now that this is done,I should go check up on Donica":

Ciocan seems glad the yearly heath checkup is done and nods "Yes, your dismissed Captain."He looks threw the papers and hmmms, then a chuckle"Oh and you did forget one other checkup Velm." Its his turn to grin now

Velm frowns and blinks "I did?..But I got everyone, in the patrol and those here thats not fully in de patrol...let's seee...ummm"

Ciocan smirks and heads to the door to call over Koda as he whispers to him and points to Velm"Do make sure  our Chief Healer gets his yearly check up, thank you." He smiles at Velm."We need to make sure all are healthy after all, and that includes ALL within the mountain."

Velm blinks and then gasps, oh boy he did forget about himself, then it's not like he can really give himself a check up. He salutes  the badger and then goes to do the yearly checkup, the Chief Healer gets a very good bill of health and afterward, he takes the 2nd half of the day off to spend with Donica.

Last edited by Proud LP (2022-05-25 04:50:19 PM)

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

Board footer