Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-16 07:32:02 PM

Mother Krisha

What's going on?-Redwall Log

*got asked to post this, so here it is.Mother Krisha shows up towards end *

Who:

Krisha-Badger Mother

Oz-teen Badger

Dochas-DAB leader

Spuce-Novice

-Also a couple others beasts spoofed by Spurce

LOG:

Oz had been restless the past couple of weeks. Ever since Saro gave him the idea that he likely could be just fine on his own. So after some thought, it was decided, by him, to slip outside or at least try to while most were busy or at lunch. He even had a small knapsack on his back.

However, the badger hadn't gone entirely unnoticed. Dochas had spotted his empty seat at the table and managed to slip out of Great Hall before the food was served. The young squirrel trotted along the paths, looking around for him. She soon spotted him by the main gate, and broke into a run. She leaps into the air and tries to pounce on him and wrap her arms around his shoulders, above the knapsack. "Ozzie!"   

Oz looks at the gate, a slight frown as he didn't think on the just how to leave part once at the gate,a look at a guard who seems tired and bored.He then jumps slightly and looks behind him to see Dochas and frowns more"What....I just...ummm" He adjusted his knapsack.   

Dochas puts her paws on her hips and stares accusingly into the badger's face. "What are you doing? Are you trying to sneak out?" She's done her fair share of escape attempts, so the squirrel knows what they look like. "Why on Earth would you do that?"

Oz shrugs,he then speaks "I can...explore on own."He says this slowly, He is basically a teen...the squirrel is older than him.   

Dochas scowls and crosses her arms. "Just because we /can/ do something doesn't mean we /should/. How would your mom feel if she found out you had run away from home? Where would you even go, anyway?"   

Oz sighs, he then tilts his head "No run ways....just.."He thinks on this a moment and then sits down "Not like other dibbuns like me.."And a couple don't like him, and then there is "Unless they wants ta reach something like cookies or what ever"

"And this is the gate," a mouse, a novice says loud enough for everyone to hear. "Jerome," Spruce dryly responds, "I think he knows that."   

"No, no- very good to have comprehensive refresher." The other mouse speaks quickly, barely older than his two guides, "Thank you, novice Jerome." The trio are slowly making their way over to the the dibbuns. There's a moment or so when Spruce sees the DAB leader that he falters in his step, but she's older now and hopefully more mature - plus she seems occupied by the badger.   

"Heyo, Ozzy! Dochas! Whatcha up to?" Jerome waves, smiling broadly. He was counted a dibbun up until only a few seasons ago.   

Dochas suddenly droops and goes to hug the badger. "*I* like you! Gracie likes you! A bunch of us like you, just the way you are, just because you're our friend! Besides, I'm the best climber in the Abbey," (not really, but she thinks she is) "I don't need help getting cookies or whatever. Have any of the other Dibbuns been being mean to you?" The squirrel starts to secretly plot how to punish them -- bullying is the biggest thing she refuses to tolerate. She suddenly jerks upright when her name is called, and waves at the approaching group. "Hi. We're just talkin'." She won't tattle and get him in trouble, that's for sure.   

Oz frowns "A...couple dislike me."He whispers the names and then spots Spuce and gives a short wave.   

"Good day for it," Spruce grunts, not bothering to introduce the guest. With a sideways glance Jerome picks up the slack: "Dochas, Oz, this," he gestures to his fellow mouse, "Is Urtas. He came here from far away a few days ago and me n' Spruce've been showing him 'round the abbey. Urtas, friend, this here's Oz - the son of the badgermother, and that there's Dochas. She can speak for herself, eh?" Jerome grins. "I hope you two aren't getting up to any trouble!"   

Urtas for his part bows at the waist to the two dibbuns. "Pleasant to meet you. You're lucky to live here, I'd say- it's wondeful."   

Dochas stares defiantly up into Urtas' eyes, kicking at the badger slightly to try and get him to stand up when the newcomer bows to them. She files the names of the bullies in her mind so she can mete out punishment on them later. After he's done speaking, the squirrel informs him, "I'm the Ringleader of the Dibbuns Against Bedtime. We call ourselves the DAB, and we don't like grownups." She is suspicious, and for good reason -- she still remembers the kidnapping and enslavement they experienced, and how a newcomer hare was to blame for it. She's not a fan of strangers from far away lands.   

Oz doesnt remember much of the kidnapping, least the ones who took all the dibbuns.He does remember the wildcat though."Also...not like...bedtime"   

Urtas is slightly taken aback at the squirrel's expression, his smiling failing. He opens his mouth to say something, stuttering, "I-I'm sorry?" But Spruce cuts in - "Dochas." He speaks firmly, "The mouse's barely older than me or Jerome. I doubt Mother Krisha would be happy to hear you be so impolite to a guest... but luckily," he adds, looking at Jerome, "None of us are planning on telling her about this, right?" He nudges the novice with his elbow. "Right?"   

"Uh, right Spruce." Jerome mutters, his lips set in a thin line. "Honestly, Dochas, I'd say Urtas is friendly enough. Doesn't my time in the D.A.B. mean anything?"   

"Excuse me," Urtas speaks up finally, "But," he smiles, raising his paws and stepping between Spruce and Dochas in a pacifying gesture, "But peace, peace - I mean no harm, and you seem a rather feisty beast, no? And I would wager being against bed time is a rather noble cause!" He laughs.   

Oz steps back a little as he watches the newcomer,he then looks at gate again as if still debateing going outside the abbey or not. He sighs a little.   

Dochas raises an eyebrow at the 2 young Redwallers. "That hare who drugged all of us so we could be kidnapped and taken to that stupid island to live in slavery seemed pretty friendly, too." However, when the newcomer interrupts the rant, the Ringleader smiles. "Yeah, bedtime is boring, and baths are stupid 'cause the adults get soap up your nose an' in your ears. An' school is boring. An' stealing pies is fun." School would be more fun for the squirrel if she could just figure out this whole reading thing.

Spruce raises a brow, ignoring Urtas' attempts to calm things down - "Dochas," he asks, quietly, "Do you intend to become a novice like Jerome?"   

"Please don't drag me into this more than you have, mate." Jerome squeaks. Throwing up his paws, Urtas gives a dramatic sigh. "Alas! Spruce, please, leave it be. But," he turns, "I have stolen my share of pastries before. Truly, I never really have had a pie before I come here. Nor sweet things as a whole, excepting on high feasts of course. Though I suspect the cooks let me, of course..." Looking at the ground and recalling those days for a moment, he sighs again. "Sadly I believe I have always been allowed much, and rarely struggled for pies like you, looking back."   

Oz decides that while they are arguing, he will slip ever ,ever closer to the abbey gates. And the one guard is..yeah he should be fine  s he just kind of looks at the ones inside and back to the road, sort of, he is bored.   

Before Urtas starts trying to calm them down, Dochas very calmly answers Spruce's question with a "No." Then the newcomer is talking, and the Ringleader is listening, although her gaze wanders around to look at various and sundry things as she rocks back and forth on her feet. "Why would you be allowed to get away with a lot? That kind of sounds boring....and rules are rules for a reason, even if you don't like them and break them a lot."   

Krisha has headed out of the abbey building and over to the entry, mainly to see what was going on. She notices the mouse,he does look familiar to her and a closer look shows why."Is all alright here?"   

Spruce nods, replying nonchalantly, "I figured as much, considering your respect of the charter..." Jerome takes the moment when Krisha appears to nudge the squirrel with is elbow back. "Spruce, stop it..." He whispers, before slapping on a bright expression. "Mother! No problems, really. Just introducing our guest to the dibbuns and discussing pies - /not snatched,/ of course!"Rubbing the back of his neck with a paw, he laughs. Urtas gives the badger mother a polite bow. "Hello."   

Urtas turns back to the younger squirrel, "As to answer your question - I like to think it was because I was the only babe around when I was young, and the soft hearts of the staff."

Oz sighs,he manages to slip away before the Badger Mother comes into view. He is a bit stronger than the other dibbuns and so slipping out could be easy,that and a random order beast is returning from, it appears to be a walk to the market up the road as they don't have much, just a small bag of some sort of candy nuts. Oz takes his chance and....towards the road he goes while everyone is busy.   

Dochas frowns at the newcomer's answer. "I'm sorry...you were the only Dibbun? That would be lonely." She hears the Order member come through the gate and greet the guard, and the squirrel can't help but look back at them....and see that Oz isn't behind her anymore! "Ozzie!" The Ringleader darts out the gate, desperately looking around. "Ozzie!!" She takes off after him, forgetting that she's now breaking the rules, too.   

Krisha nods a hello and then catches sight of Dochas as she zooms off"Dochas get back here right now young lady!" She looked at the others and then the path leading to the road.A grumble is heard.   

"It was not as bad as one would think," Urtas says in the moments before Dochas runs off, "But then again I do not have much reference-"   

"WAIT OZ, DOCHAS!" Spruce shouts as well, rushing after the other squirrel and badgers too. Jerome blinks, looking from Urtas to others running. "Uh, what?"   

"Come on," Urtas gestures to the other mouse as he begins following all the others out of the gate, "I believe we should help!"   

Oz only speeds up once he is more out in the open and gets to the road.He stops a morment as he tries to figure out weather to go north or south on the road. It's clear he doesn't have a real plan om just where to go yet.

Dochas is pretty fast for someone her age and size! She zooms to Oz's side. "Ozzie, stop! You can't go!" She tries to grab his arm so she can lead him back into the Abbey. Ignoring the shouts from the adults, the Ringleader adds, "Your mom will miss you! She's the only family you have! Why would you leave her?? I would never do this to my parents, if only I had them back!"   

Krisha takes a deep breath and exhales as she steps out of the abbey and towards the others, he focus on the two young ones Oz and Dochas.sHE DOESN'T LOOK TOO HAPPY EITHER.   

Spruce seems to rethink the idea of running ahead of an enraged badger, and slows down to simply follow Krisha. A little way behind him Urtas is with Jerome, moving at a slower pace.

Oz frowns as Dochas catches up now.He shrugs off her paw and backs up a little.He listens to them and shakes his head"My...fault..."He mutters about family.He just stands there, for now and repeats "My fault.."He glaces towards the Badger Mother when he sees her.This can't be good.

Dochas looks confused. "What's your fault? Your family loves you. I don't understand." She stays focused on Oz, confused and maybe a tiny bit hurt.   

Krisha makes her way over to the two young beasts "Ok what in the seasons is going on..."She looks at Oz and then Dochas"What is who's fault now? What happen now?" It didnt seem like the DAB had done anything lately,they been fairly good for weeks but something was likely due sooner rather than later."lso I would like very much if we went back inside, all of us."   

Slowing to a stop, Spruce says something to the two mice when the catch up to him. "Come on, we should probably move to the other side of badger cub, just in case he makes another bolt for it. Or Dochas, but I'm not sure /that's/ a danger." The others nod and they, as inconspicuous and casually as they can, pass by the badger mother and dibbuns.   

Oz just sits down and hugs his knees to his chest"Dad...gone cause of me. I wanted ta visit the rabbit family...but....but the cat was there ...and" What he saw was the rabbit family they knew was dead...the dibbun and the parents and he was grabbed by that wildcat,that horrible wildcat. He whimpers "Alla my fault, me should go ways....notta be, not be here."   

Dochas flinches when Krisha arrives and starts grumbling at them. She opens her mouth to answer, but Oz already is. She listens, her heart filling with compassion. The Ringleader sits beside Oz and goes to hug him. "I don't believe that. It /can't/ be your fault. It was that /stupid wildcat's/ fault. /He/ made that choice, not you. I'm sorry that happened....I saw my parents and grandparents die, too, and it's the scariest thing /ever/. I'm sorry."   

Krisha listens as Oz speaks,she wasn't there when all of the stuff happen.She remembered finding the aftermath the following morning.A deep breath as now was not the time for bad memories to pop up."We all need to go inside...please." She had planed to send them to the abbot,but not now.She stepped closer to them.   

Oz sniffs and allows the hug,then scooots away from them looking ready to bolt again, but luckly for them he bolts back inside the abbey,his knapsack drooped and he goes to hide somewhere for a while he hopes he isn't easyly found right away.   

Contrary to the compassion Dochas (and himself, moments ago) shares with the young badger, Spruce can't help but roll his eyes when he hears Oz fully, but father like son, maybe. Thankfully he's far enough away from the two dibbuns (and Oz's mother) for them to see - but Urtas does, the mouse narrowing his eyes and filling the moment away in his head. Jerome is oblivious, watching the the scene in front of him anxiously.   
The two mice breath a sigh of relief when Oz heads back.   

"Ozzie!" Dochas cries as she stands to chase after him again, only to pause when he heads back inside the Abbey. The squirrel looks around, gulps, then looks at the ground, kicking a pebble away from her. "I'm sorry, Mother Krisha. I didn't mean t' leave the Abbey without a grown up. I just was trying to keep Ozzie from running away." Spruce is lucky the Ringleader didn't see his eyeroll -- if she had, she probably would've bitten him by now.   

Krisha is silent and then speaks "What...happen?" She looks at all the beasts outside the gates"Lets get inside, ok?"She watched Oz speed inside with a frown, she would try to find him later.She goes to lead them all inisde, and once inside will have the door closed.   

Now that the dibbuns and badger mother are heading back, Spruce and the two mice follow as well - especially at Krisha's urging. The three are quiet as they do so, none daring to speak until they're back inside the gates. Once inside, though, the squirrel simply states, "He's a bit like his father, so it seems."   

Dochas obediently follows the badger as she tells her side of the story. "I didn't see Ozzie at lunch, so I left to find 'im, an' he was at the gate, so I was talking to him, an' he said some of the other Dibbuns were being mean to him, then I was talking to Urtas and Spruce an' Jerome, then Oz ran out the gate an' I followed him." The squirrel is struggling to hold back tears. "I'm sorry, Mother Krisha! I should've watched him better...I...I..." she angrily wipes away her tears. "I'm gonna go eat lunch, then I'm gonna try to find him." (Forget the fact that that means skipping reading class, which is one of the classes she's doing the most poorly in.) The Ringleader dashes off inside to get some food since lunch is still being served.   

Krisha starts to speak a couple times and then just frowns,her attention to Spruce "Like his father? How so?" She gives her attention to the beasts that are left. She has calmed down, it is true her son is even looking almost like Xander,excpet for his eyes, he is like a young version of his father.   

"Well," Jerome awkwardly interjects before the squirrel can answer, "Er, if it's alright with you, Mother Krisha, I think I'm gonna take Urtas inside for lunch."   

Spruce folds his arms, stepping back slightly. "Never mind me, ma'am." He manages, "Just... I seem to remember hearing him do something similar.... That's all. I mean no offence."   

Krisha nods, "Anyways let's go inside and finish lunch."She speaks quietly and heads  on inside with the others.

Board footer