Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-28 12:59:05 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

IC FV RP March 26th, 2022 (slaver plot)

SCENE:

LOG:
The fox had been in the area for about a week and had learned very little of the area.After some thought he had decided he was going to head further south, his 3 slaves and 2 weasel helpers in tow.   

Patch frowns as he watched from a distance and taking a deep breath he steps into view, after all they did meet in the tavern so what could go wrong "Hey....thar, remember me? From the tavern?"   

Bossfox nods as he studies the rat "I remember, also remember ya said ya give a message to your chieftain, it seems ya failed and lost me a slave"He smirks "Then again likely would of slain the hare soon anyways."   

Patch gulps a little "Yeah....well ya know, chiefie been busy..sooo"Think fast "She sent me toi buy the slaves"The words tumble out before he can think and it was too late to take the words back.He only hoped this didn't go badly.   

Bossfox hmmms, "Well,that so?" He points to the 3 slaves(2 mice and a mole).."Had a sqyurrel but they tried to escape and that led ta death.soo"He glasces at Patch and after some thought" 20 gold each, so 60 gold for the 3. Maybe I can get more,it is spring now and beasts tend to start to wander about more "   

Patch nods "I...I see ummm"He looks at the 3 beasts and frowns as he looks in his pockets and finds what he has with him...and its short "45....maybe?"   

Bossfox narrows his eyes "Is this a joke to you?"A deep breath,"50...the mole is old after all"   

Patch puts up his paws "Not a joke, no no....not a joke"He is trying to stall it seems as he frowns, darn.....darn...."I have 46 gold, and....and.."He tries to not panic,what could he use....ohhh,he takes off a gold earing "And this.."   

Bossfox rolls his eyes"No deal..goodbye"He says as he turns away to head down the path that will lead south.   

Patch eeps, ok what now as this is bad...he shouts out"Wait...why the rush? we can chat...make a better deal...I can find more gold"   

Bossfox turns to look at the ratt."I think not...why the wish ta get me to make a deal, are you up to something? Are you an idiot?" One of the weasels whispers to him,the fox gives a quiet hmmm"Maybe we can...fix this and make, well"He smirks "My day better anyways."

Even as the fox turns to go, up the road comes a pair of beasts - a ferret with a monitor tailing, both cloaked. Atticus raises a paw upon seeing the other creatures, calling out: "Hail!"   

Patch listens and gets that...this may go seriously bad feeling "Ummm.....and what would make your day better?" He asks slowly.He jumps when he hears the shout and lets out a soft whimper,ok maybe it is getting bad after all.   

Bossfox smirks"A new slave..."He glaces at the claoked beasts and the lizard and looks a bit board"Go away this don't concern you." The two weasels slip out daggers, not to far by the path is 2 mice and a old mole,in chains so clearly slaves.   

Disregarding the fox, Atticus marches right up to Patch and holds out his paw. "Hello, friend." He says with a plastered smile, "I daresay the weathers pleasant enough today, especially or a stroll." The monitor follows close behind, a bit of metal glinting out from under it's cloak- but unlike the ferret it watches the slavers unblinkingly.   
"I'm glad to see you today, truth be told," Atticus continues to Patch, speaking as if they're old friends. "I had a question about the vintages in your tavern - how far back they went and the like, and which you'd say were the best, eh?"   

Patch is just...surprised and blinks, "I....what..."He frowns,"Not de best time right now and.."He looks at the fox,a frown "New..."He frowns more and backs off and behind the ferret,yeah that will help right?   

Bossfox folds his arms over his chest,"This is an intrestingf turn of events but maybe I should get going...besides I know better places to get coin than here clearly."The two weasels look ready to defend the fox in a fight, the 3 slaves start to shiver a little as they are unsure what is going to happen, or maybe not happen.   

From the path leading to Ferravale, a weasel woodcutter comes strolling along, his wood axe over his shoulder, whistling as he looks for dead trees to take back to the village. However, when he turns the corner and sees what's going on, fear etches his face, and he turns around and runs back to the village, shouting for help. Obviously not fighter material, that one.   

"Bad time? However do you mean?" Atticus, still smiling even as Patch blatantly uses him as a shield, finally deigns to to acknowledge the fox and his cronies. "Before you go, my kind sir, a word of caution - it's bad business to try and enslave your customers. After all, who else would buy?"   
The ferret bows his head. "Of course, forgive me- I have yet to introduce myself. I am Tarn Vidug, a very rich beast with coin to spend - might I ask how much the rat offered?"   

Patch frowns "It may be wise to be carefull...or just let them leve even,we can find them later...or not find them"   

Bossfox looks at the beast offering coin "I have sometimes enslaved one looking to buy, heck got a fair price for a gold fured hamster once, the fool that he was...so rich and foolish to free some felllow woodlanders."He chuckles "60 gold for the two mice and the mole.Ih ad a hare but...welll its lost to anyone now"   

Raising a paw to still any protests, Atticus says, "Please ignore my rat friend. I have the coin on me to pay," to prove his point, he reaches a paw into his cloak, "So 60 for the lot? Do you happen have any more? I'm in need of several beasts, friend, and I care little of their current state as long as they're alive! I shall take good care of them, as well, so do not worry." That same smile remains. "A pity about the hare, perhaps, and yet maybe it was for the best."   

The path to Ferravale is quiet, but inside the village is a whirlwind of activity as Head Guard Ann musters the guards to protect the walls and lead a contingent into the woodlands. Blisa comes raring out of her house, Ferdinand and Valerie struggling to put her armour on her as she runs. Within minutes, the Chieftain is standing before a group of guards, flanked by 4 of her own bodyguards as Clarissa and Hank join the others. They're prepared to go on a rescue mission -- "And use Patch's tail as a necklace if he's gotten himself captured," mutters Blisa.   

Patch jaw drops as he looks at the ferret "Ummm....excuse me....."He tries to point out how this looks bad byut at the same time he wants to trick the fox.   

Bossfox stdies the rat "It sees your...friend here is an odd one."He nods to the weasel to get the 3 slaves as he chuckles "Oh slaves dont need cared for that much....they are slaves,here to work for whomever owns them,to follow orders, do work...that is all"   

All the guards force Blisa to finish putting on her armour before they leave, but she insists on buckling her helmet on the way. The group of about 10 heavily armed Ferravalians rush down the path after their Chief. They quickly come to the place where the exchange is occuring, and Blisa slows when she sees that, in fact, Patch is /not/ captured like the woodcutter said he was. However, they keep advancing until they're within arrow range before the cat calls a halt. "And what is happening here? Patch, are you alright?" She refrains from adding 'you idiot', although she's certainly thinking it.   

"My friend, rat -" Atticus says with his back to Patch, closing his eyes as he hears the guards come. "Please, stay nearby - you are not in any serious danger, and I need you as a witness for this transaction." Outstretching both arms in a pacifying gesture, three bags are in his left paw. "Be that as it may, once I hand off the coin and you the beasts, their condition and treatment matter little to you, no? Are they nearby?"   
The monitor turns its gaze to the chieftainess, nodding slightly and stepping to the side of the road.   
"There is 70 in total in my paw here - think of the ten as an extra sign of good will, hmm?" Unnoticeable by all, the ferret's heart is racing despite his calm demeanour.   

Patch looks at Blisa "I..I am fine...the fox is back,he has two friends the weasels....and 3 slaves.."He stays calm,barely.   

Bossfox glaces at the armored chieftain and back to the ferret as a grin goes across his face "What ever you say....70 gold sounds nice , yes yes...they are by the stump,chained so thy don't esape."Indeed two mice,young adults and an old middle aged mole are indeed chained, looking tried,scared and clearly wanting to be elsewhere but here.   

Blisa watches the exchange closely. 5 of the guards melt into the woodlands, perfectly camouflaged in their green uniforms. This leaves the Chieftain with her 4 bodyguards and 1 other village guard. As the guards in the trees circle around to try and get on the other side of the slavers, the cat says, "You apparently are unaware that slavery is illegal in all of Mossflower country, and any citizen of the forest has the right to kill any and all slavers they find." Maybe not an actual law, but many of the creatures of the area would agree with it, so that's close enough, right?   

"Good!" Atticus brings his left paw forward, offering the three bags to the fox, his right paw is once again hidden under his cloak. "Here, friend-" but the chieftain ruins it. Chucking the coin in the fox's face, a sabre is swept out from beneath the cloak. "ENJOY! VISIL, GO!" He yells, and the monitor moves between the slavers and the slaves producing a spadone sword from beneath the cloak, facing the three vermin. The guards are ignored for now - the ferret lunges forward at the nearest weasel, the swish and flash of his blade unmistakable as he aims to kill quickly.   

Patch whimpers, oh and now the fight...well least it's not him getting stabed but he does back up a little "Ok...that happen a bit too...quickly"   

Bossfox listens at the chieftain as ears pin to his head,a growl as the coins are throw to his face. One weasel is killed rather quik and the other doges the move.The fox kicjs out and barely avoids a blade from another beast, and the slaves....well the 3 slaves scream and panic as they have no clue what is going on....can you say Choas!   

Blisa is genuinely surprised. It had looked like an actual sale, and she was prepared to arrest the ferret (and try to arrest the monitor, too, but that was less likely to succeed) in addition to the slavers. But the cat can adjust to new situations quickly. "PATCH, YOU IDIOT, GET OUT OF THERE!!" she hollers, then charges in. The guard and bodyguards follow closely behind. Blisa heads to the slaves to see if she can get them loose quickly so they can be hurried to safety. The guards in the woods pick up the pace to cut off the slaver's retreat.

Patch backs off and clears his throat "Yes.....I will be ...at the tavern if needed"He quickly gets the heck out of the area,so much for a nice walk..more like a almost die walk, he gets to the tavern and gets a very strong drink and gets ready for the night tim crowds that will soon come.   

The kick catches Atticus in the leg, bruising him. The ferret repays the fox with a heavy blow - savagely aiming the hilt at the beast's face. The monitor lumbers forward brining it's two-pawed sword above it's head and swinging the great blade at the remaining weasel when the cat heads to the slaves.   

Bossfox seems to care less for his weasel friends and seems more intrested in getting out of the area quckily, he yelps as an ear is cut off and his snoat is now pouring blood.He goes to stab the ferret,but gets a blade on his shoulder blade.The two mice and mole whimper.The two weasel friends of the fox are dead now.   

Blisa goes to make sure the chains aren't snagged to anything. "Hey, let's get you out of here," she tells the slaves in a soothing voice. "We aren't going to harm you, and once we've broken these chains and gotten you fed and bathed and in clean clothes, we'll take you to Redwall. But right now, we need to get you safely away from here." She grabs the chains and goes to lead the slaves away from the fighting, up the road. The 5 guards emerge from the forest and block the escape route for the boss fox dude as best as they can. The other 5 stay with the Chieftain, who has decided she'll confront the ferret after she's sure the slaves are safely away.

The sabre flashes again with a nimble strike aimed at the fox's throat. The stab is foiled and turned harmlessly by the cuirass beneath Atticus' cloak. The look on his face is that of disgust. The monitor stands by now that the weasels are dead, setting the massive blade over one shoulder in a resting position.   

Bossfox tries to flee,but one last move of a blade, he falls dead on the path.The two mice and mole at first are unsure of the cat and then let her led them to safety.   

The guards pause once they see there's nothing to do, but they quickly obey their Chieftain's command when she tells them to get the slaves to the Infirmary. Once the 6 village guards are gone, Blisa turns and faces the ferret and the monitor, her bodyguards close behind her. Keeping her distance, the cat stares at the ferret for a minute. "...your voice sounds familiar. But I suppose I should thank you for killing these monsters before they could kidnap anymore innocent creatures from their homes."   

"I do not enjoy killing," Atticus responds as he wipes his saber clean with a cloth. "Even such beasts as they." He kicks the fox's body over so it lies on its back. "Nor do I like deceiving even slavers..." He stares at the coin scattered on the road with a shake of his head.   
"But forgive me," he says louder, for the first time showing his genuine emotion - a cold anger. "But did you not once say something along the lines of slavers and such are a needed evil to keep your village reunited? So you all have some common enemy to fight? It seems to me in poor taste to thank me for preventing these miserable creatures capturing others."   

"I said that they needed to be allowed to fight, and if a slaver shows up, what else should I do but allow them to kill said slavers, who, yes, are the enemy of all?" Blisa hisses. Ah, yes, this /is/ the same ferret. How lovely. "I did not say that we needed the slavers. If they did not come around, I would find other ways to allow my citizens to express their vermin nature while still maintaining our peaceful standing with the woodlanders around us. But they all despise slavers with a vengeance. Just as I do. If you detest slaying and deceiving the slavers so much, then why did you even come out here? That was obviously your plan all along."   
The newly freed slaes are luckly elsewhere now   

"The truth will matter little to you, no doubt," Atticus responds as he passes a paw over his eyes, calming somewhat, "So slay me if you will, if that follows your law. If you cannot understand how such a creature like has a distaste for bloodshed - be they slaver or slave - then I pity you." He bends down and slowly collects the coin, speaking as he does. "I came upon the slavers and that rat by chance, and that rat was in a bind. I'm certain you can imagine as you probably know him much better than me his /unique/ skill at upsetting dangerous creatures. They meant to take him as a slave as well before I stepped in."   
With the coin collated, he moves and ties each of the three bags around the three necks of the dead beasts. Atticus rises to his full hight and holds out his paws. "Let it be known that anyone who touches the money bound to their bodies is cursed, and fated to an evil end. Money spent in deceit and collected in blood is worthless."   

Blisa listens, then tilts her head in acknowledgement. "Forgive me. I should not have jumped to conclusions in regards to your motives. Yes, Patch definitely has a talent at getting himself in tough situations. Thank you for ensuring he wasn't captured himself." She watches him, her jade green eyes intense. "Then I shall accept your pity. Ferravale has survived through harsh suffering, as have I. Perhaps it has hardened us too much. We have no patience or pity for those who harm those weaker than themselves for the sake of profit. Far too many times have we suffered the wrath of those wishing to conquer this area. I doubt we'll ever learn to be softer until the next generation rises up, not having lived through war." She turns to go. "That is a good curse. I shall warn the Ferravalians to leave the bodies be. Be wary out here in the woods. There are far greater dangers than slavers out here." And with that she is gone, her bodyguards trailing after her until they get home.   

Atticus bows his head. "And forgive me any words of mine that have seemed rash," he says, quietly. "And that hardness is understandable - nearly all beasts have it in this time, I should say, as this land has suffered much at large, be it your town or those to the north or east or west... One day that will end, I hope, and the need for hardness gone from the earth."   
He raises his paw. "Farewell Chieftainess," he calls. After a moment - and when he and the lizard are alone - he waves the monitor over and speaks quietly with him - they both then begin to carry the bodies off the trail and into the woods in order to bury them.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!

Board footer