Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#26 2022-02-24 03:26:36 PM

Proud LP

Re: Some LP Updates & Suggestions- 2022

My idea is not too big of one.
I may make another hare for patrol duty outside of the Mountain.

Yeah swim with jellyfish, hee hee...., maybe late spring?

As for my idea, still working on it. A small little  plot that  should be intresting

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

#27 2022-03-19 10:40:16 AM

Proud LP

as they  still doing something with post 23? Just  curious

I am :

#28 2022-03-19 10:42:31 AM

Proud LP

2. Hmmms, a group of  sea otters and a group of pygrmy shrews are fighting over who  gets to live in the area where the cliffs and sea cave is( an area off the halyard trail) and one from each some reason decide to go to Salamanastron because the  LP hares andf thier  wise Badger Lord  tp ask them who should have that area to call home?No one gets hurt or anything just a sort of different,fun and think deeply sort of  role play smile(And funny too maybe)

Maybe we should  do this one  soon

I am :

#29 2022-03-19 02:20:32 PM

Ol'random
Website

Concerning the 23rd - because of both my own and Varus' player's general inactivity over the past few months there's not been much RP in the area (or the LP as a whole). Both the IC and OOC plan was to fix it up and make it a new headquarters for the LP to keep an eye on Halyard. It's been over two months since the work started, so we could do stuff with hare characters being sent out there for a week or two.

As for any other RP idea: If you have an RP that you want to do, a heads up is great and all but most importantly please just RP it! Don't feel like you have to wait on me or someone else to do stuff with the LP (...as long as you aren't killing off droves of hares).  For the past half year it feels like most RP in LP has been almost exclusively because I start it/prompt it - especially since the new year. There are a few problems with that: Firstly, I'm only around so often and it seems almost no one else in the LP gets on on Saturdays any more.

Secondly, it's honestly tiring and not really that fun to always be the one running things! My hare characters are basically glorified spoofs at this point XD (this is mostly my fault, tho, I'll admit - in an effort to get others to RP I tried having my characters taking a backseat and encouraging role)

Lastly - because of how I can pretty much only do a few RPs with the LP a month, the amount of RP happening with the LP isn't much! We need people to RP, please, and do not feel like you have to have me or someone else present to RP.

To hammer home the point, Velm is a captain - sure, he's a healer, but the player is highly encouraged to run their own plots and TPs!
To quote the LP Rank Page:

OOC: Captains are encouraged to run their own TPs, plots, and missions with the IC understanding that the orders 'came from above'."

So please feel free to make RP in the LP happen! Also - anyone in the LP in general is highly encouraged (by me at least) to start RP and run plots if they want! As long you aren't doing something like killing off droves of hares for no good reason or doing something OOC for the LP, I'll be happy to see RP taking place. So please, just start RPing!

(Also also, if anyone is trying to avoid getting in the way of anything I myself have planned in RP, please don't! Pretty much everything I want to do for my plots would actually benefit from having other people's RPs happening at the same time - be they serious, light hearted, or whatever, it doesn't matter! I can adapt tongue )

Anyway, I am currently online and I am hoping to do a scouting mission with Lossow today- as he's basically the closest thing the Lp currently has to a scout, he's leading a small group of volunteers (ie anyone who shows up XD) to do some observation stuff in Halyard. And who knows, there might be some surprises.

Last edited by Ol'random (2022-03-19 02:27:35 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#30 2022-03-20 11:21:22 AM

Leon

So,
Is there like some future horde in Halyard like a takeover? Or something bigger? Kind of confused.

I know an otter is mayor by reading some info and logs, is the mayor like in trouble maybe?

I plan to make a hare for the LP, I think anyways.What is needed if I do make a hare or maybe a character for this...what ever TP going on.

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

#31 2022-03-22 06:47:52 PM

Ol'random
Website

So, to explain what I've been trying to do in Halyard (and on the MUCK), I am trying to establish an IC group that can act as a reoccurring antagonistic force to player characters on the MUCK without becoming such an IC issue (like hordes and villains on here tend to be) that characters (and their players) feel forced to get involved if they don't want to. In addition, it's a plot that is a little more open ended - I have done my best so far to adapt, change, and develop the plot in response to character's actions and involvement almost as if the plot itself were a character, if that makes sense.

Because of this I've been avoiding using TP, as TP at least to me means something far more on rails and less RP driven that can often lead to feeling like certain player character choices are ignored or sidelined (not all the time obviously), and I want to try and avoid that if at all possible.
TPs are also relatively short (hence the "tiny" part of tiny plot) and I want to do something that lasts longer than just a season (which is why I want to take care to keep players from ever feeling forced to take part if they don't want to be involved).

I also hope to make a dynamic/group/place in RP for more villainous or just less good aligned characters to exist for long periods without feeling the need to kill them off/being totally ostracized from the IC side of the MUCK within a few months of them being created.

On the IC side of things, what does this look like so far? Well, the group that is currently in Halyard is not a horde! They are a group of trained and armored professionals similar to the Long Patrol - which is on purpose. They are also building up a local militia (which was what was primarily seen in the Snake in the Sand plot) by training them and equipping them in a similar fashion to themselves. Other goals for Halyard include building substantial walls, expanding the port, and one day making a new road to connect Halyard and the Sea to the great dirt road in Mossflower to better connect the world (which would also have the OOC benefit of giving non LP players more of an opportunity to travel between the different places on the muck - I would love to one day have say John start a caravan that maybe spends about a month around Redwall and Ferravale, then goes and spends a month around Halyard and Salamandastron, and then from there goes to Southsward or Aclida or other places on the MUCK, with characters joining him for part or the entirety of the journey). Part of this also includes discouraging pirates, marauders, or bandits from being around the areas the group is - either by force, or by paying them off to go after each other (or maybe in the future after their enemies, if things go badly....... ), or even outright assimilating them and making those groups a little more lawful (in theory)

The mayor is a sea otter named Harlond, though I've more or less avoided mentioning him so far as he isn't really a main character (and i felt uncomfortable using him myself)!
He is not in any danger, and has been in fact treated very well and respectfully. He probably has a lot private misgivings about the whole thing, but I imagine as long as it benefits Halyard he is alright with going along with it for now. This could change in the future if people want though!

I do want at some point to have the mayor accompany the diplomats to the Long Patrol and take part in whatever IC discussion takes place, if possible.

As for the plot itself right now, it's honestly little more than establishing things for the future! I've not explained in much detail about the group that is the antagonistic force, but I hope to be able to reveal that stuff in RP-

In the meantime though, I did name the group "Band of Merchants of the North & West Sea", and my major inspirations for them was historical entities like the various trading companies of the 18th century (like the East Indian Trading Co.), medieval Italian city states (mainly Venice and Florence), and late medieval/renaissance mercenary groups like the Swiss Mercenaries and their rivals the Landsknechts (which coincidentally the new character Snarlfang is also inspired by, according to their player!), and a little bit of Rome sprinkled in. The name is subject to change, but the idea is that a bunch of cities in the wider world of the MUCK (like Dartania, something myself and Bandit made up years ago, or maybe Aclidia depending on if anyone cares if I use that place XD) came together in a loose union with a semi democratic leadership/council, and right now they're looking to try and expand to Mossflower and maybe Collinsel beyond. They fueled by profit and want to avoid fighting if they can help it. Anything more'll hopefully be explored in RP. smile

Tl;dr
Haylard was sick and tired of vermin hordes and pirates and all that they haven't really objected much to the 'Band of Merchants' coming to town with promises to deal with the problem, which so far they have (and have been doing their best to make Halyard be able to deal with the problem on their own, too).
How and where the LP fits in with these changes, though, and how this will affect the Western Shore and Mossflower in the long run is unknown..... Hopefully it will be decided by the player characters on the MUCK no matter what exactly happens by the end.

Last edited by Ol'random (2022-03-22 06:51:18 PM)

#32 2022-04-03 10:54:35 AM

Proud LP

Ok,
I have decided Captain Velm is gonna take some recuits and healers on a few day mission. In the mission they will ID plants both good and bad for healing purposes.Also plants that are safe to eat or not safe to eat. This will be a short distance upriver on the River Moss. The river moss and sea meet at a point that is a couple days trip upshore from the mountain,then they would  go upshore maybe half a day...

This role play(propally 3-5 sessions) will sort of combine ideas had ealier and this role play will have nothing to do with stuf in Halyard.The group will encounter a couple problems but not from Halyard stuff,and ambushes either from anyone. In fact they may even get to help some beasts while they are by the river area.

I like to try and start this this week,should be fun and as said a problem that comes up doesnt always have to  be  oh no we are ambushed smile

I am :

#33 2022-04-04 12:41:00 PM

Proud LP

Ok,
So read some info on recruits and yes recruits can, if with an officer, go outside the mountain. So Velm's little group will have some recruits(spoofed by me and Oz) and some privartws (also spoofed). We also have Prv  Rhonwen along.
Knowing herbs and good and bad plants for healing and food is good for all,for those times if a hare gets into the wilds and it helps to know to make rasions go further or if  they ever get lost...

Anyhow this  should be a cool roleplay and has training and learning in it smile. Not all role play needs to be scouting and fighting someone.

I am :

#34 2022-04-21 08:28:09 PM

Proud LP

Ok,
Capt Velm and who ever went with him is now ICLY back. They let those who needed to know  they were ok, and the only problem they had was a thunderstorm and a flash flood. No one was hurt or injuried, and they even made friends with a cat family( 2 adults and 1 dibbun). The cat family went to live in Halyard. Velm is also gonna take a 1 day break.

I am :

#35 2022-05-09 02:11:00 PM

Catgirl

Any updates?
Maybe make a post for the =end of quest= role play going on.

Reading the one log post is very long sad Maybe a short summary can be made on a post saying main events happening thats known icly,maybe some other things thats happening or happened that is only know to some characters.

I play Zywie btw but thinking she may or may not of disappeared prehaps(If thats a thing  going on, it could work  out well since  I been  VERY busy oocly, could expalin why she  is like...not seen lately)

#36 2022-05-10 11:31:11 AM

Ol'random
Website

Hey! I'm glad to see you're still around! Others have also asked for an update so I finally made a post: https://rwmuck.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2308

As for Zywie, if you don't really want her to disappear/have disappeared, the LP as a whole has been kinda inactive save for the 23rd/Halyard plot and Velm's stuff, so you could just say she's been around and just join in if you want tongue

#37 2022-08-27 10:20:17 AM

Proud LP

I wonder if the Jellyfish role play could still happen

Also maybe anothr like training session on the beach

I am :

#38 2022-09-05 02:11:34 PM

Mother Krisha

any updates or  roleplays  coming up?

#39 2022-09-18 04:25:01 PM

oz

I did some updating of the Long Patrol wiki page.

I also decided since Elibo isn't around anymore..Ciana isn't either.( she was his adoptive daughter that I spoofed at times.)

I also have Decided Cole has decided the Patrol life isn't for him and so left. He is alive still just headed off....well guess to explore the world? IDK..

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#40 2022-09-20 02:24:54 PM

oz

Ciana is alive btw

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer