Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-24 07:51:20 AM

The_Brony_Marek

Willowbark Abbey Falls-Log Of The Past

*** Wasn't sure where to place this, This happen ICLY but 8 seasons ago, the only ones who have full knowledge of this horrible day is Minsc and Gorvenalus as they were there and sadly watched this happen.This is posted as its important for the Willowbark TP to know what did happen that day, yes some of the story was told...not all of it ...and surely not some of the aftermath, so read and enjoy some history from a far off abbey*******

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19G0I7xHQBM
The above is good to listen to, to get a feeling of some of the feelings this day so long ago…when Willowbark Abbey…fell………..

Minsc was enjoying the day, it was sunny and clear…perfect as he smiled. How was he to know such a perfect day would end so far from perfect at all.

Meanwhile at Willowbark Abbey, a squirrel..Quade walked into the infirmary and stood behind the Master Healer as she worked and hummed a tune, he cleared his throat and waited.

Alice gasped and sprung around, she then looked relieved “Quade how dare you scare you like that, so what brings you to the infirm?” The hamster waited for a reply.

Quade just stood there as he walked closer “I came to inform you of grave news Alice.” His voice oddly calm and monotone.

Alice frowned and started to back up, but the desk prevented that ”Quade..your acting very odd, please stop before I report you to Abbot Gorvenalus or Champion Minsc”

Quade just smirked “It’s too late for that, you see my plan starts now but I can’t let the Master Healer…” He goes to grab her throat and shoulder, he knows he is stronger than her and tightens his grip and then breaks her neck, he then let’s go of her. It’s a simple quick move. “Live…” He finished

Alice started to fight back, to kick and scream but she didn’t get the chance to get a scream out before she fell limp to the floor.

Quade picks her up and carries her to a bed and makes it appear as if she is sleeping and then takes the key from her and starts  raiding the infirm of herbs, bandages, vials and even poisons he walks out.

The squirrel makes it outside and joins up with a large group of rats, weasels, stoats, even a few squirrels that work for him and other varies vermin. “We enter at Nightfall. There is a feast tonight, let them enjoy it, or least part of it as it shall be their last I have waited long enough to take this place and their Master Healer is dead, and the couple novice they have are hunting herbs as we speak” He smiles at an archer “Do make sure they don’t get to the abbey.” The archer salutes and leaves.

The feast was to start soon, no one seemed to be worried about the Master Healer, after all she did need to check on infirm supplies and take stock and the note was still outside the door to not disturbed, and they had been told she may be a little late and to not worry.

Gorvenalus smiled as he stood before the beasts, “It has been a good season. Let us start then my friends.” He lifts up a glass of a light colored wine.

Quade sat in his chair, and lifted his own glass and took a sip, everything seemed normal though he was concerned, that annoying Champion was late…where was he? No matter, his plans would still work, he had planned too well…..right down to the fact his wine was just slightly a different color than most others.

A couple elders sipped their wine and then moments later started coughing and gaging for breath, another one also acted as if they couldn’t breath and then fell limp with the other two. The abbot stopped himself from taking a sip and his eyes widen as he dropped his own glass, and panicked voices started to be heard. ”Whats going on?”

“Oh my seasons their dead..”

“ Is other drinks poisoned too?!”

A Brother and Sister had took a sip, only to die as well….but others stopped in time. Suddenly there was the smell of smoke, a fire! It came from the upper rooms and the bell tower!

Quade just stood and walked to a doorway as well as 2 other squirrels with him and cleared his throat as he spoke “Let the Chaos begin!!” And so it did! As a horde of evil beasts came into the room, weapons drawn and right  away slicing and stabbing.

Minsc was late and he hated it, so he had slipped into the office of the Master Healer and smiled as it appeared she was asleep so he went to wake her, but then he jerked his paw away from her shoulder, he felt her neck, her wrist and lifted her to listen for breathing “Alice?....ALICE!!!!????” Tears went down his face as he held her in his arms and then he smelled the air and heard the screams and laid Alice down carefully and quickly went to get his bade, Furyblazor and made his way downstairs to see….rats, weasels, stoats…all manner of armed and armored evil beasts. He scanned the room and stabbed a rat that came close, beheaded a weasel in his path as he tried to find who was in charge.

Gorvenalus cupped a paw to his mouth and stared in shock and horror, he then felt a couple beast start to pull him aside “Abbot Gorvenalus this way! Come on!”

Quade was fighting a tall sea otter who was blocking a door, he grinned as he stabbed forwards and buried his blade into the otter and then ripped it back out.

The sea otter coughed up blood and then was dead before they hit the ground.

Minsc saw this and rushed Quade ”Quade!!!!” His eyes looked blood red, “Away from that doorway!!”

Quade spun around and barely avoided a slash to the neck, he smirked and him and the hamster fought till he finally managed to knock him out and then took his blade “Furyblazor is now…mine” He opened the door "Hello little ones....your caretaker has died."

Gorvenalus follows a couple Brothers out and frowns as he looks to where the abbey, his abbey, burned..the bell tower and the main building and shaked his head “No no..we can’t just leave, we have to find survivors!” His eyes widen “The dibbuns, where are the dibbuns…where is the caretaker?!”

“Dead….surround them” Quade said as he smirked ”Well the caretaker is dead as well as many,many others…your abbey has fallen Abbot Gorvenalus.”

Gorvenalus frowned “Quade what is the meaning of this. I demand an answer!” He had gone from shock and fear  to being furious.

Quade grinned as he looked at  the chaos, smoke and fire as some beasts were putting it out, there was dead among the good and the bad beasts but the bad beasts far outnumbered the good. He nodded for the foxes to take the abbot and the 2 order beasts with him to the grounds. Also at the  grounds was Minsc and a couple others. A group of very scared dibbuns whimpered surrounded by rats.

A tall fox  with a longbow bowed “We have killed many sir, some managed to fight back but very few. Exits were blocked so I do not think any escaped.”

Minsc started to awaken and groaned “Headache…nightmare…”But the smell of smoke made him fully awaken and he gasped, seeing Quade he glared as he struggled against his ropes. “I will slay you Quade!”

Gorvenalus frowned” Quade…we were…friends.”

“We were NEVER friends you fool, I tricked you, tricked you all!” Quade chuckled. He smiled coldly” Watch your abbey’s last moments Abbot Gorvenalus….starting with the future!” He nodded and the dibbuns, all of them, were killed. He grinned and signaled to grab the two order beasts with the abbot, he slit their throats, killed them and chuckled as he did so.

Minsc struggled and tried to get free, He screamed and then broke down in tears as…he was broken, he failed as tears flooded down his face.

Gorvenalus watched in horror, tears down his own face “No…no.”

“Yes..yes” Quade grinned “How does it feel Minsc, your own sword no less is helping to end all this, all this before you..gone, gone in less than a day no less…wow and I was here but 3-4 weeks, no one saw this coming…well one did, your Master Healer…Sister Alice, I enjoyed watching her die I broke her neck and laid her in bed as if she was merely sleeping, yes sleeping forever in death.” He took victory in Minsc’s tears and broken sprite.

Gorvenalus looked to Minsc and frowned more “Minsc…son please look at me, please don’t let your light flicker”

Minsc looked at the abbot, he looked hopeless…lost…like someone who fell into a dark dark lonely pit, his joy, his life, his hope faded in his eyes. He was defeated in mind, body and soul.

Quade grinned “You know…I think I shall keep you two as trophies of my victory…yes, as living and remembering this is far worse than death.” He turned to the horde as a weasel came forwards.” Any survivors?”

“None sir..just Abbot Gorvenalus and Minsc sir.”

“There is one dibbun sir, we found it but its arm is broken and its seriously wounded.”

Quade shrugs “Leave it, it will die..take those two and let’s leave this place, oh and Bolt…make sure any good food and drinks are taken, the horde could use some.”

Bolt nods and orders a group to get the supplies, it wasn’t like the abbey needed them now.

Gorvenalus didn’t struggle as he and Minsc were led away from his beloved abbey. He took a look over his shoulder and that only caused heartbreak. He turned away as tears fell freely.

Minsc just walked, walked to where ever they were taken.

Walking was part of it, so was a long boat ride, but Quade didn’t just go to any shore, he avoided some coastline, sort of a full circle of some land when he was away from the island. He grinned, after the abbey he had destroyed nearly 2/3 of a seal and sea lion camp. Yes the sea lions and seals were fighters and he did lose 1/3 of his own beasts, but he still won and then he left, his victory came when he killed their chieftain in front of them, then simply sailed away to leave them in their suffering, their dens were ruined and they would have to leave a coastline they knew for seasons if they were to survive and winter was…oh too late as snow hit his nose and he chuckled coldly.” I wonder whats next…”

Quade would later get to Mossflower, he would manage to kill all of a small village. The village was very small, he then heard of Redwall and set his sights on it…and that’s where Quade meet his end finally, even some of his left over followers meet their ends as well. Gorvenalus and Minsc got freed and now lived in a land not their own. Gorvenalus had accepted it, learned to love Mossflower and new friends…Minsc also loved new friends, and Mossflower he would protect with his dyeing breath if need be as he once more held HIS blade Furyblazor in his paw….but deep in his heart this place would never…truly…be home…..

Seasons…8 in fact has passed since that horrible, horrible day when Willowbark Abbey fell. The main building, the bell tower, food and medical supplies and so much death. 85% of beasts died that day and another 5% to infection from wounds and from low food supplies. A mere 15 survivors and we were lucky, we ran and hid in some caves behind the 3 waterfalls close to our beloved abbey. We later went and tried to find survivors and found but one, a small dibbun hamster named Chip and the poor dibbun lost an eye, lost a paw, lost a tail, he would have scars on him all his life, he also had an ear clipped. Only but a newborn, lucky he would not even remember the horrors of that day, he knows yes as we have told him as he is 8 seasons just about now. The first couple seasons was the….toughest….I should go Sister Elma is beating on the door, she is annoying…more later
Brother Ulraunt-Recorder of Willowbark Abbey.

===OH! Survivors! Course no one knows this ICLY..not till whoever goes to the Willowbark –runes- sees for themselves..16 lone survivors out of 100’s.  This is OOC info only as said, for ICLY its believed only 2 survived and they are in Redwall now, Minsc and Gorvenalus. What of the sea lion and seal camp? Who survived? Did they try and find Minsc and Gorvenalus? Was a new abbot voted in? How were the 16 beast not found? Did anyone help them and who if so? Questions will be answered in the Willowbark Abbey TP ! ===

Last edited by The_Brony_Marek (2017-10-24 08:19:27 AM)

#2 2017-10-26 06:12:05 AM

Karth Riverbark

Re: Willowbark Abbey Falls-Log Of The Past

Looking forward to this TP. Karth will be going, as well as Flea....but Flea may be staying once he gets there.

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#3 2017-10-26 03:27:26 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Willowbark Abbey Falls-Log Of The Past

This is gonna be a fun TP!

I'm sending LilyMoore, and I will have decided by next week if I'm sending Angela....but they'll both come back tongue

Thanks for posting this little backstory! big_smile

Board footer