Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-03 01:01:20 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Maintenance

Yo! I am doing maintenance on the wiki today. It's "read only" right now, so no updating pages. I'll update this thread when finished.

#2 2022-03-03 02:10:41 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Re: Maintenance

Don't want to count my chickens just yet, but so far the update seems to have gone smoothly.

So our wiki has been migrated to the newest version of Mediawiki (wiki software we use). It was several years overdue for an update. Ideally it'll be quicker and more secure.

The most obvious change is the skin. It LOOKS different, but I promise it is the same site with the same content. Your logins should be the same, etc. The markup for editing articles is the same.

Unlike the old skin this one is mobile friendly, for those who like to browse the wiki from their phones.

If anybody has trouble locating something or working with the new format, post here or in the Wiki Help forum and I will help figure it out.

Apart from the software upgrade and skin change, the wiki moved to a new server.

DNS (service that tells computers where to look for things on the web) can take time to update and is not the same for everybody, so if you're still seeing the "original" wiki in read only format, hold tight and it will update soon. Using the refresh button on your web browser may help by clearing your local cache.

Please post any problems or errors you encounter!

Board footer