Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-19 05:13:40 PM

Ol'random
Website

A prelude to Cleaning - Long Patrol 2/19/22

Lossow & Cpt. Velm, hares
+ Lt. Redford & a recruit as spoofs

Redford was coming up from the lower levels and the storage rooms carrying a box of various supplies for the infirmary. He'd roped one or two hares to help him, including one Walter Lossow who trailed behind the other officer with his own box. They were both silent. The third hare was the same - a rather small recruit who felt rather sheepish.    

The dust down in the storage rooms had been positively dreadful and actually finding the blasted non-perishable medical supplies had been a nightmare that had taken up at least an hour. There was more down there and they probably had to go back, but both Lossow and the private were actively looking for ways to ditch the young medical officer! Even though both Walter and Redford were the same rank now, the former felt ditching the medic without a good explanation MIGHT be a bad look for him. But that didn't change the fact that he technically didn't agree to help, either...........    

Velm had heard they were cleaning up some old areas of the mountain, he in fact did some cleaning of his own in the infirmary.He made sure things were a lot easier to find,which was good in case of future emergency.He sees the others and nods "Hallo all"    

"Hullo, sah!" Redford beams. "Got some of those old bandages and the like from down below, captain."    

Behind him Lossow and the private come to a stop, the latter unable to salute on account of having a box in their paws.    

Velm nods as he goes to inspect one of the boxes, "We will have to make sure they are still usable of course, some herbs down thar are likely not usable now, some may be though. Any old books found by any chance? I know records were keep somewhere on healing lessons and some of the past battle injuries and how they were treated,and if anything else that could still be good knowledge." A smile "It is still helpful to look at old records, sometimes one may find a solution to something,even if it might seem a strange solution, also at the same time learn of what didn't work"    

"No books or records to be found here, captain," Lossow states flatly. "We didn't touch the many piles of them that were stacked in the back room, wot." Redford nods. "Er, sorry about that, sah. I was going to go through them after dropping all this off, of course."    

Velm says, "Tis fine, tis fine. I do wonder who decided to do basically a deep cleaning of rarely used rooms, one never used from wot I saw"    

Redford blinks. "Well, sah-"    

"Cleaning may be a bit generous, captain!" Lossow laughs as he cuts in. "Daresay it was a simple retrieving operation of these lost supplies, wot. And rarely used is an understatement. Utterly abandoned and forsaken might fit the bill better, I'd say - isn't that right, recruit?"    

The recruit nods, "Er, yes sah..."    

Velm chuckles a little."Seems deep cleaning be a good job for a punishment also. But not always, cleaning does need to be done and who knows maybe start to use a room again for something new"    

"Right sah!" Redford nods to the box in his paws. "As soon as I get things put away I'll go see to it, wot!"    

Lossow raises a brow. "Perhaps that's a job better suited for an entire company..." He mutters to himself.    

Velm says, "True, cleaning does require a lot of work if it's to be done right."    

"Indeed, captain." Lossow nods, handing off his box to the private - who disappears behind the two crates in their paws, swaying slightly.    

Redford doesn't notice, instead stepping into the infirm. "I'll just go and deposit this and I'll be right back, sah. Come on you two!"    

.... Only the private follows now that the officer of the 67th's paws are free.

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer