Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-08 04:58:13 PM

Mother Krisha

A Letter or Two-Redwall Log

Who:

Krisha-Badger Mother

Benar-Abbot

Rufus-LP Gul,Messenger

LOG:

Rufus was able to fly, though he did take a few breaks and then the last couple days it got annoyingly colder, but he had a message in his pouch and knew it was important so he braved the cold and finally made it. Right away heading to the fireplace in the Great Hall as a couple of gasps and shock from Abbey beast that he was here, some mutters as some had no clue of the bird, a small few knew of him though at least.   

Krisha looks up from where she sits in a large chair and studies the seagull, then she seems to remember him from elsewhere, she looks over at the bird."Rufus?"   

Benar comes wandering down the stairs and into the Great Hall, the Abbot has heard some muttering that a bird has arrived and his tail sways from side to side as he sees Rufus, "Rufus... what on earth are you doing here at this time of year?"   

Rufus answers as if it's fairly clear," Rufus be freezing feathers off...but Rufus promise he bring message, all bunnies be busy, busy bunnies...busy Bunny Lord."He fixes a feather and looks at the abbot. He does reply to Krisha "Tis Rufus, who else be but Rufus?"   

Krisha listens as the gull replies and sighs, she shakes her head and asks "Message?" She is a little curious," And why are..."Oh yeah, he likely just say busy.."Message about what?"   

Benar walks over to the seagull, "Surely it could have waited until Spring? It can't be that important that it could not wait?"   

Rufus seems to think on this, he puffs out a little and smooths some feathers down."Rufus would of liked better, but Bunny Lord said important to know so no worry"He undoes the strap on his pouch and pulls out a couple of sealed scrolls, one is from Lord Ciocan and another from Lt.Elbio.   

Krisha lets Benar take the letters, a slight look of worry on her face. She was not sure why they would worry about, well there is the fact the lt. was late but maybe it was just for a simple reason, she clears her throat "Maybe Rufus can stay here till spring?"   

Benar takes the letter and moves to sit in his chair by the fire and opens the letter and starts to read, adjusting his glasses to get a good look at it.   

Rufus nods"Rufus like that ya ya, stay where warm..fly in winter is cold, not so cold on Western Shore or in..nest." He looks around as he seems to think"Rufus stay, where Rufus stay at in Red House?"   

Krisha hmms softly,"We could ask the sparrow but they are..a little picky and..well can some getting use to,they don't come down from the lofts much and I would suggest not going to the lofts yourself. We can..think of someplace I am sure"   

Benar says, "I am sure we can find you a room down here, no need to bother the Sparra in their loft," he said softly as he continued reading the letter."   

Rufus nods "Ya....find warm place for sleep.Rufus stay till spring then fly back to shores where big waer is."   

Krisha nods"Maybe the cellar or some unused room." She glances at Benar."Is all alright at Salamanstron?"   

Rufus says, "Rufus say...unused room,notta cella"

Krisha nods "I will look into it then here soon. "   

Benar says, "We have bedrooms upstairs, they are pretty warm,"

Rufus nods"Tis good ya ya."She watches the abbot read a while before yawning "Rufus need sleep..."He gets cozy on a blanket he drags over to the fireplace, not too close of course, and settles down for a short nap.   

Krisha sighs as Rufus just ends up sleeping by the fireplace, she looks at Benar "I will make sure he is in one of the unused rooms upstairs by evening"

Benar nods as he reads the letter, and looks at the 2nd letter as well."I need to speak with the elders and a couple of others."He looks at the badger and lets her read the letters before he gets them back to share the news with others, quietly excusing himself.

Krisha blinks but reads over the letter, a soft gasp as she sees if she misread something, she then hands it back to Benar and frowns, she heads to the library to sit in quiet for a little while.

Board footer