Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#51 2021-11-25 10:22:18 AM

Proud LP

Re: A Snake in the Sand - LP Mission Mini Plot

Elmef has a point

Velm thoughts are who ever this mystery group is...it's some reason working very hard to get the hares out of Halyard and maybe even threating some villagers in Halyard to say they hate the patrol now or if they tell the patrol what is going on, something bad happens.

As for the plot with hunting Zolomon:
I did a brief roleplay with Elbio and Elbio is now at the infirmary in the mt. and Velm has updated Quinten about zolomon and how zolomon killed the 4 rats,killed slaw and killed  teddy.....so least one thing to  tack onto the list of  what zolomon did and take off the list of what this mystery group did...

Ya for more than one problem:P

Also noted-Terrence mentioned some in Halyard secretly still giving the hares supplies...why would it have to be secret? All the more reason to believe whoever this group is.....is up to no good.

Last edited by Proud LP (2021-11-25 10:24:30 AM)

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

#52 2021-11-25 01:42:46 PM

Ol'random
Website

Alright, so I'm busy today and tomorrow however I'll try respond - but I will probably be inactive until Saturday after this reply, so please be patient with me.

I wish to say several things.

An important distinction to make. It has never been my intention to ban players from Halyard, please understand that - only characters temporarily and purely in character (IC). Some might not see or even care about the difference, but it does matter to me.

The LP characters- in IC -  would be barred from the town temporarily until January. The reason I'm going for 'banning' characters from Halyard is because I wanted to create conflict and stakes without fighting and killing off characters and it seemed the easiest way to do that. Plus it gives the LP a reason to do secret missions sneaking around in the dark trying avoid being caught by certain groups in Halyard which I thought would be fun RP (which i should say nothing as of now has to be done in secret), but that's besides the point

As for what is happening inside Halyard:
I've always thought the relationship between Salamandastron and Halyard to be more like a warlord over seeing a village in say the 7th century - the LP and Halyard don't really have complicated governments. Also, Halyard has a mixed population of vermin and woodlanders and the LP has a rather strict no vermin policy, which I doubt helps things between the Mt and the village.

Over the past few years of RP - which I have spent a lot of time RPing as Terrence in Halyard possibly more than anyone else in the LP - a common theme has been slavers, pirates, and other villainous creatures running rampant in the place, and that Halyard itself has been doing really, really badly and basically falling apart. If people want, I'll add the relevant logs later via an edit.

This past winter the LP went to fix up Halyard which was somewhat successful, but it was undercut by how a sergeant - a hare in a position of power - repeatedly aggravated Halyard citizens and tried to start fights while drunk as well as some of the villagers expressing their dissatisfaction with the LP with a rat heralding the end of days. After that, in May, all that work the LP did was more or less undone by the vermin horde that took over the place and forced the LP and villagers to flee. I assumed that not all of those villagers returned and settled elsewhere.

In that TP the LP lost a lot of hares - over half the number that was in Halyard (which was around 100). For the past few years, since my character Terrence has been more or less in charge of training the LP, I've been trying to keep my RP consistent that the LP has slowly been rebuilding to around 200-300 active fighting hares, and we lost around 70-90 in May between the attack on Halyard (around 50) and the Siege of Sala (around 20-40) that took place afterwards. So I've been assuming that now the LP has around 150-200 hares fit for duty.

It would be reasonable to assume that some villagers are semi aware of this and some feel the LP can't do much to help Halyard any more

Also also while I have made vague references to the mayor I didn't want to do anything more than that because Elmef controls him.
I fully admit it did not occurred to me until now that I could have asked to do something with the mayor, but that's on me.

Now, the LP has not done much in Halyard since May/June and that's mostly because we all were semi inactive (at least I was), and I was inspired to use that time gap in this plot. Some citizens of Halyard started grumbling the LP hasn't really helped much in their recent troubles and some feel that one of the main reasons Halyard was attacked in May - regardless of the actual reasons - was simply because the LP was nearby. Halyard is not of one mind on this and nearly every beast that has joined the group that has shown up in Halyard did it is mainly for protection that many feel the LP can't really provide now. Others have done it for money and better trade options, and others have done it to gain a bit of power, while others have signed on because of pressure from the beast around them. Some others simply have been disgruntled by the past few years.

Now the group that controls Halyard - they don't quite yet, at least not in the traditional sense. They are not really lords - they've presented themselves mainly as merchants, inviting the various merchants in Halyard to join them for things like better trade over the sea and access to foreign goods like spices and stuff like that (as well as bribes in a few cases, but that is kept under wraps).
Some of this information was revealed to the LP by the baker, but he didn't know everything and was a bit distressed at the time so some of his stuff was exaggerated and some was hidden.

Also, the vast majority of the mercenaries are more or less native to Halyard or at least known to them. Some are (or were....) characters like John who helped defend Halyard, some are clearly former pirates, and some are vermin looking for a new start. But the reason there hasn't been much pushback against them is because they ask very little in payment and do their job well. Merchants and shop owners who sign on to this group have been doing better for themselves with so far few problems - except for now the LP. Nothing really has happened yet but tensions have been rising, and I have been intending to address how Halyard feels about all of this.

I've had this group (not necessarily the name) in my head for years, and have made references to them since around 2018. My vermin character, Atticus, has been an agent/scout for this group in nearly RP he's took part in (including his involvement with the plot up by Noonvale and Marshank (that IC'ly takes place last spring), and he might make an appearance on the Western Shores in January as someone who has encountered the LP before...).  The group is not in control of Halyard, yet - and has been doing a lot to try and convince creatures in Halyard that a lot of this stuff is their own idea. The LP's attitude also has not helped much.
Over the next few months depending on what happens and how hostile the LP is the group might openly try to take over or they might back off, or they might become friendly with the LP and try and work together (for now).

The reason I've not really explained much on what exactly I intend in IC on the forums is because in most of my experiences in RP, when players know something OOC they tend to not be as engaged or interested in finding out IC'ly - I've been trying to avoid that and I was experimenting with that this plot.

There's probably a lot of stuff I've missed but I can't really think of anything else to say in the moment, but I'll try and answer questions and concerns on Saturday, hopefully. But please understand my main goal in all of this has been to provide an interesting and hopefully a bit unique jumping off point and situation for players in the LP to roleplay.

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-11-25 01:43:57 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#53 2021-11-25 04:09:07 PM

Proud LP

Sounds fun! Exciting!
And hopefully, the patrol works things out in the role plays in Halyard.

As for hunting down Zolomon, trust Velm hates him too, he is debating on going back to the mountain sooner after he gives a message to Terrence, he is unsure yet. If Velm did head off, it would leave Greg and Terrence still be be in command of what ever happens on the beach/camp etc for the next week till everyone is completely back at the mountain again.

I am :

#54 2021-11-25 11:21:12 PM

Log-A-Log

Well Lt. Elbio is now at the Mountain.

Elbio has by now has given the badger Lord a brief update on what happened, nothing really added except maybe a last know location of where Zolomon was seen.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#55 2021-11-26 12:01:38 PM

Log-A-Log

Left an update for Lt. Elbio on the  when roleplaying post and updated it so the log ( unexpected report) happens ICLy on dec 2nd, so it helps with the timing for the  rest of the camp to be sent back home to the Mountain on Dec 4th.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#56 2021-11-27 11:44:18 AM

Log-A-Log

Ol'random wrote:

The 4th is the soonest-not-busy Saturday for people to be online (because the RW feast is this Saturday), and I really want everyone to be there for the end!

The Schedule for the the Snake in the Sand plot is as follows:
Tonight, 24th 6PM or 7PM EST, if people show up there will be a small RP to set up some stuff
This Saturday, the 27th, will be another small-scale RP because I do not want to distract much from the Redwall feast but SOMETHING will happen, I just don't want to say yet

Next week, Monday, Nov 29th, Tuesday, Nov 30th, and Wednesday, Dec 1st, will be dealing with what happens + setting up for the end
and the final will be Saturday, Dec 4th- when the plot will hopefully end.

The last RP will have to be a bit long, as there's about three scenes that will have to be RP'd out:
1. There will be a confrontation between the LP and the group that semi-controls Halyard that has the potential of turning into a fight or not - the outcome will probably be that the entire LP is banned from Halyard, but whatever happens will be interrupted by Rufus (who I talked with and they agreed to be the messenger) bringing orders from the mountain that the current mission is to be abandoned and that entire company immediately returns to Salamandastron

2. The LP will have to destroy the defences and/or abandon some of the equipment while they're being watched at a distance by the group from Halyard

and 3. when the entire company of hares (Greg, Velm, Felicity, Terrence, Varus, Cole, Donica, Rhonwen, Zywie, + Elbio) reach the mountain they will barely have time to breath before being asked in the meeting hall with the rest of the LP. There, an officer will announce the full details of Zolomon's return and his killing of Slaw and Teddy and attack on Elbio to the LP as a whole.  Then the plot will end.

I will probably be spoofing Locke again or use Paisley at this point, but Quinten and Ciocan are very much welcome to be there IC (because they're in charge after all) and share their thoughts. The plot will have a lot of loose ends left over but that's intentional on my part - I've been planning on using a lot of the story beats for stuff in the future.

Once the plot is over, there are three things that need to happen: 
1 Donica's and Velm's wedding
2 the hunt for Zolomon
3 The LP potentiality meets with a few merchants and villagers in secret to set up a way of smuggling supplies regularly to the Mountain - Rufus suggested/inspired this idea

4 In January, after about a month which will hopefully be after the wedding, a three masted multi-decked ship will suddenly arrive in Halyard and an envoy will be sent to Salamandastron that claims they wish to speak with the badger lord or one of his representatives to negotiate with the LP. It might be innocent or it might be trap, no one can really tell.

This'll happen any day that the majority of the LP can get online in January, so probably another Saturday. 
Depending on the choices made by the LP, there are several outcomes I've planning for that range from the LP being welcomed back in Halyard to work alongside the villagers and the Merchant Band to fully rebuild Halyard to the LP being TOTALLY banished from Halyard with the threat of a fight looming- and with many villagers in Halyard becoming disgruntled that the LP is no longer around at all, possibly leading to more secret meetings between villagers who like the LP and the LP..........

Whatever happens, I have a lot more story threads to explore that I'm intending to adapt to whatever the choices other players on the MUCK make.
My intention with Snake in the Sand and any plot/rp thread I run going forward is that I want  (and kinda beg) players to make the choices that their characters would make, not the choices my plot needs them to. If I wanted all the characters to act in only a certain way to fill a plot I'd just be writing a book.
It's waaaay more fun for me to react to developments people make without me in RP - which is why the stuff with Zolomon has been so integrated with the Snake/Sand plot. I didn't plan that at all, but honestly I've found it far more interesting to explore in RP because it's collaborative story telling, and has given me an opportunity to develop Terrence more
Oh, and the creature that might be a snake will be making a reappearance at some point, but I want THAT to be a total surprise wink

Ok,
Hope this helps some on what was to come up  in next like...month and a half I guess

I already updated how Lt. Elbio is already at the mountain and any meetings they have he will ICLY be there,in the back roll(proudly in a wheeled chair) listening as seems something he would ICLY do, even if he can't help out do to recovering fully from the ambush he had.

Ok thats all.
But it may be good still to make a separate post for other roleplays after Dec 4th.

Last edited by Log-A-Log (2021-11-27 11:50:37 AM)

#57 2021-11-27 11:23:15 PM

Proud LP

I will not be able to role play on the 11th of December at all.
So I am wandering if one of these dates for the wedding is good....

December 5th- A sunday
December 10th-A Monday
Decmber 12th- A Sunday

Another day even that's before the 12th December.

Then focus on finding Zolomon.

For wedding I would really like to try for the 5th if possible

I am :

#58 2021-11-28 12:36:26 AM

Ol'random
Website

Alright, so I can't guarantee I can be online on any of those days, but luckily terrence isn't exactly important to the wedding XD

Regarding plots and stuff, Catgirl, I have absolutely nothing planned until at least after New Years (and hopefully after Zolomon is resolved), when I'll do another mini-plot continuing off of the story threads left in the Snake in the Sand plot. However, I'll still be online and RPing on Saturdays and weekdays as I'm sure most people will be as well, so there will be semi-regular RP - just not planned by me or really anyone; so it'll be more slice of life RP in Salamandastron as winter settles in so things will be a little more chill

(except for what Oz/Cole has in the works with the hunt for Zolomon, but I'm kinda just along for the ride with that and don't know much tongue)

#59 2021-11-28 09:13:49 AM

oz

The plot with zolomon I see as maybe 1 or 2 roleplays after the meeting.
Likely not on a Saturday but we will see.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#60 2021-11-29 05:00:29 PM

Proud LP

Maybe just worry on Velm and Donica's wedding till after they find and deal with Zolomon, that would be more important. Find a murder that's running wild and deal with them, then after that small little mission is done, there can be the wedding of Donica and Velm and it can still be before New Years.

A possible Saturday for the wedding could be Dec 18th, maybe we shot for the 18h for the wedding:). That way the plot with Zolomon should be done.

I am :

#61 2021-11-29 06:39:27 PM

oz

Makes sense to find Zolomon before the wedding happens

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#62 2021-11-29 06:52:24 PM

Ol'random
Website

Alright, good to know!
I am going to be online for the next few hours (from about 7pm- 9pm EST)however I'm moving furniture, books, and other odd ends around so I'm semi afk

#63 2021-11-30 06:11:39 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

as far as i know, i can make the 4th, 11th, and 18th for rps, lp and otherwise.

(terrence, were you going to log that rp from saturday, or does one of the rest of us need to?  i can probably get it on thursday if necessary.)

i also feel a curiosity about what books you're rearranging, but you don't have to tell us that.

#64 2021-12-01 04:22:24 PM

Ol'random
Website

I got the log up! Sorry about the delay. Kept thinking "Oh yeah i need to do that - eh, later" XD

So tonight I will be online at 5pm MST (my time)/6pm CST/7pm EST/12am GMT to do some RP before Saturday. I might be online tomorrow night as well, but I am unsure. I will let people and encourage people to get online tomorrow (Thursday) and RP regardless of me being around or not.

As for the books - since them middle of July I've been living in a very temporary space with most of my stuff in boxes/messily stacked, but the past week I've finally been able to move back into a personal space and for the first time since 2017 really I've been able to set it up to my liking. Which includes a large bookshelf where i can put my history books from uni and the other books i've collected/been gifted over the years, like my Tolkien books

#65 2021-12-04 01:28:33 PM

oz

What time today?

I play:

#66 2021-12-04 02:37:53 PM

Ol'random
Website

I am hopping online right now. So at the turn of the hour - 1pm MST, 2pm CNT, 3pm ESt, 8pm GMT - people will hopefully be online to rp

#67 2021-12-04 04:44:16 PM

Ol'random
Website

Hey, so a change of plans! Because I am unable to be online for as long as I'd hoped for today (I only have a few hours) and I want to give the plot some breathing room, the end of the plot will be split between taking place on both Thursday night at around 5pm EST & Saturday at 2-3pm EST so that everyone can have a chance to get online and RP!
This will also hopefully help the RP to not feel crammed/rushed as well

Today we're doing a smaller scale scene of asking Rioko some questions

#68 2021-12-04 05:51:55 PM

oz

I am out of town the 10,11,12th...but can be on that Thursday.

As for finding zolomon, well....that can be worked out in 1 or 2 roleplays.

I play:

#69 2021-12-08 07:03:34 PM

Ol'random
Website

Hey! Just as a reminder, the first part of the final RP for this mission will be taking place tomorrow:

Thursday, the 9th of December, at 7pm EST, 6pm CNT, Midnight GMT

The second half of the rp will be starting on this Saturday, the 11th, at 3pm EST

I might not be able to get online on time tomorrow and might be a half hour late, so I encourage everyone to start RPing WITHOUT me.

To set the scene, just simply paste the following Pose(s) at the start and go from there!

To the north gulls wail incessantly, their cries having started just after dawn (much to the chagrin of the hares) and have been growing steadily louder. The sentries have just finished switching and with them is a change of pace. Nothing has happened for days at this point, not since the band of debt collectors came for the vixen - who is still condemned to her repurposed storage tent - the rumor spread from the earliest risers in the Mess tent that several beasts had been seen lurking about during the night and that a fire had been spotted far off once the chill night air (presumably) became too cold to go without.

To add more fuel to the fire Msgt. Cadwallader has volunteered to take the morning watch with the other sentries; he left orders for the enlisted hares to continue on with their day as usual and enjoy their early morning meal.

In the mess tent most hares are now gathered around the tables eating, drinking, laughing, & waking up. A clatter followed by loud swearing comes from the far end of the tent as a sleepy-eyed Konner bumped Pvt. Harold's freshly brewed tea pot to earth, but the grumbling directed at Konner from the now tea deprived table is muffled somewhat he offers to fetch another fresh pot.

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-12-08 07:06:20 PM)

#70 2021-12-16 01:53:50 PM

Ol'random
Website

Hey, just wanted to say that I won't be online until the 18th, probably. We've had some pretty nasty wind storms here for the past few days which made my power & internet cut out a heck of a lot + I've been busy because of the holidays + trying to cut back on my time staring at a screen has all amounted to me being lazy and not touching my laptop since Saturday  tongue

I'm intending to get the log from last Saturday up today or tomorrow at the latest - for all intents and purposes, this mini-plot is done with! Thanks everyone who took part

Also also, to address something discussed at the end of the RP last Saturday, the IC meeting at the mountain - I suggested making it an RP on the forums and most people seemed to like the idea. I'm gonna try and start that later today/tomorrow as soon as I can figure out a good way to explain how forum RP works in a simple & understandable way for people who might not be familiar with the style. 

Basically, instead of taking place on the MUCK the RP will take place on the forums (obviously); the main advantage to this style is how people can take time with their replies/poses and don't need to all be online at the same time! The IC timeframe for the forum RP will be several hours AFTER Greg's company (the entirety of hares who took part of the Snake in the Sand plot + Terrence, Varus, and Olivia) get back to the mountain, so around a week ago - sometime after the 4th of December tongue

You pose using replies on the forums and keep OOC comments either OUT of the forum thread or say them in brackets with OOC: in front, ((OOC: like this)). I really, really want to avoid the RP thread being bogged down by OOC discussion tho, and ask that if discussion is needed it's done in a different thread like this one or somewhere else.
Also, obviously not everyone needs to take part especially if they don't want to, so don't feel like you have to reply to it!

I also encourage people to take advantage of this and take time with their writing, have fun, and experiment instead of simply rushing to post as fast as one can smile

As far as I know, there are really only three major things to discuss: Zolomon (obviously), Velm's promotion, and Olivia's plan to get Varus to the old 23rd base near Halyard. Also some discussion about what happened in and around Halyard, but that's pretty connected to the Z situation

As soon as I have an opening that I'm happy with I'll get it started in the RP chat section, but please be patient with me!

#71 2021-12-16 06:27:50 PM

Proud LP

Yeah
Velm got promoted like right before they all got back to the mountain, he took Lt.Elbio back,with help, on like the 1st icly.
The issue with Lt.Elbio (http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=2229) could also  be brought up as added news .It would of ICLY been around same time,maybe the meeting even was aday after the hares got back,so everyone could rest.
I am ok with a forums roleplay for the meeting as this one DOES have a lot in it to mention as Terrence said...Velm is Captain now, news of Zolomon, any news needed to know of recent/ past few weeks of Halyard and as I said maybe the new info with Elbio and the plan to have him(As said in his post) live in Halyard with his daughter Ciana since there is a few retired hares of the Long Patrol in Halyard(Basically NPCS). and how they can get news to Redwall after a couple weeks maybe as when I talked with Elbio's player he said Elbio  wouldn't go off to Halyard right away,likely be 2-3 weeks and then go.

This meeting is for  sure gonna be interesting

On another bit of news, good news, hoping to have Velm and Donica wedding this Saturday or one day in the upcoming week.

I am :

#72 2021-12-20 08:14:37 PM

Ol'random
Website

I'm going to be fully honest - I've bitten off more than I can chew recently. I've been busy IRL a lot more than I thought I would be, and the meeting itself was never that important, especially now that the Rp dealing with Zolomon is already underway. Anything RP'd in the meeting itself is all information people/characters know, and there's not really much potential for RP that is at the least interesting, let alone fun.
I need to take a break from running stuff I think, at least for the next few weeks hmm

So yeah, the meeting hasn't been RP'd out but it has happened IC'ly- and personally I don't really see the point of RP'ing it out anymore. There's really no IC information I can think of that needs to be shared that hasn't already. One thing to note is that Terrence was NOT present at the meeting as he was more or less out cold in the infirmary recovering and so his thoughts weren't shared or his safety guidelines tongue

Sorry if this disappoints anyone! But tbh I feel like most people didn't reeeaallllly care so hopefully there's no loss XD

#73 2021-12-20 09:32:13 PM

oz

Yeah icly the meeting happened,  sounds  food:).Also not everyone has a forum account.

And there was time to rest and recover,  some may still be healing up maybe.

If Terrence is well enough he could join in the zolomon plot

I play:

#74 2021-12-21 10:30:47 AM

Proud LP

Yeah,
A forums role play could of got confusing. I go with it happen the next morning,so Dec5th after breakfast(Got to make the hares full and happy before a meeting like that).
Velm would of been there and would then update Terrence on what was said, though Terrence knows most of it anyway, except  when Captain  Velm says.."Oh and I am Captain/chief medical in Home Guard"

He would of course advise Terrence to not do too much. Of course, the hares did find Zolomon like 2 weeks after the 4th ICLY,so maybe Terrence could led a group...maybe as would depend on how well Terrence felt.

Also I know Felicity is to not go on missions till she heals and that was of course when they found Zolomon.

On another note Velm  of course will be staying in the mountain so he won't be  heading out.

I am :

#75 2021-12-22 09:03:45 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

One of the things we were going to discuss in the meeting was what to do about Rioko.  They would have had to bring her with them because living in Halyard was too dangerous for her at the moment since some of the other Halyardians had figured out that she's an informant for the Patrol (although as of yet they hadn't realized this about some of Felicity's other informants, but it can be assumed that it's only a matter of time, although I may decide not to).  Would she be forced to live in a luxuriously kitted dungeon cell?  Would she be allowed free roam of the Mountain?  Would they be planning on shipping her to Redwall?  What do you guys think?  I may have her help with some DAB shenanigans because it would be hysterical.

Board footer