Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-15 03:16:50 AM

Ol'random
Website

A Snake in the Sand - LP Mission Mini Plot

An explanation: I'm making this thread to serve as a catalog/q&a/announcement/place to yell at me if the snake plot doesn't happen/all things related to the snake plot mentioned in this thread.

To start off, my goal for this mission mini plot is to give the LP something to do for a month or so and act as a pilot RP for more mission stuff like this. Everyone who is in the LP/wants to join can join, and if you have a character around the west coast you want to dust off and use feel free! (John the squirrel will probably be finally making his appearance during this since the siege arc)!

Alright, now for the snake plot mission itself!
Since the summer battles in Halyard and around Salamandastron, despite the overall friendliness to the Long Patrol from both woodlander and vermin citizens alike, the town has been in an even rougher shape than before, with half the place empty - and with many unsavory individuals moving into the open spots to take advantage of what they can.
The problem is, though: quite a bit of them are sneaky about it and fighting a single band of villains ain't gonna cut it this time. Be it a merchant making underpawed deals, pirates being hired as bodyguards, certain town beasts disappearing into the night, or even some hares of the Patrol doing some 'business' on the side the result is the same: the half-deserted town of Halyard is in a rough state.

And that's not even mentioning the rumors of something that likes to hang out under the docks when there's a full moon. Some say it's a great monster that came down from the north to escape the cold, some say it's a snake that came out of the sea. There's no proof of course, and every sighting boils down to "my cousin's brother-in-law's friend's aunt's grandfather saw it".

Yet the rumors have persisted long enough to spread into the ranks Long Patrol as a spooky story to tell over a warm mug in the mess hall, but there's probably nothing to them. Right?

The first RP will be a simple and probably short meeting/briefing RP in the (surprise) meeting room at 2 EST (noon my time) this Saturday the 16th, which will hopefully be early enough to work for Quinten and Greg if they want to join in.  I'm not planning on doing much else this Saturday as there's the trial of a certain former lp sergeant planned that day, but I'm hoping I can get this in before that starts or afterwards, if need be. I can also do another meeting RP later in the day (say around 5-7 est) if some people can't make the first one!

What to expect: for the meeting, I'll be making *light* use of Colonel Locke (the officer Jinora used in this log) as he's technically Varus' direct commanding officer, and since Varus thinks he's a private the colonel's been pulled out of semi retirement to try and help the patrol in the meantime. The Colonel and Msgt. Terrence called the meeting, open to everyone in the Patrol, to talk about the situation in Halyard. Feel free to ask questions both in RP and OOC'ly.

Also: the meeting can and probably should be taken as common IC knowledge to everyone in the mountain even if the characters aren't there in game. Maybe they were quietly in the background, or maybe someone told them about it later. Feel free to do whatever!

And again: anyone who wants to join can, and I want to make clear that once this gets going everyone is welcome to RP and people do not need my permission to talk about the plot or interact with it! In fact, if you feel like RPing a day in the life of your hare that's been assigned to Halyard or RP a day on sentry duty or have new subplot popping up, I encourage it! Breath some life into the Western Shore's world! big_smile

That's all for now, though I'll add more as stuff occurs to me tongue

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-10-16 01:36:54 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#2 2021-10-15 07:22:33 AM

Log-A-Log

Re: A Snake in the Sand - LP Mission Mini Plot

Cool

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#3 2021-10-15 03:12:47 PM

Proud LP

I will try and be on.

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

#4 2021-10-22 02:10:26 PM

Ol'random
Website

Plan for Tomorrow (10/23/21)

Alright! So tomorrow I will be on from around 2PM EST (6PM GMT) to probably 6PM EST (12PM GMT). As we on the muck are not beholden to the time of the world, the scenario for the RP will be starting pre-dawn before the LP company has left Sala, making the last preparations they go (I want to kinda capture the feeling of prepping for a long hike up a mountain).
After a little bit of that, we'll set out and the LP will probably reach the area around Halyard around 9-10 o'clock in the morning to start setting up camp outside of town. And who knows what might happen then? wink

I am also planning on being more active during the next two weeks, and I want to ask everyone who is or wants to take part in the mini plot what times and says besides the usual Saturday works best for you? please either send me a page mail in game ([page #mail Terrence = [msg]] or reply here. Hopefully we can get several RPs in the next week, whether or not I'm actually there.

I also encourage LP members who are online more times a week to feel free to RP in the LP camp, on patrol in Halyard, or any scene they want - you do NOT need me to RP! obviously you might need me for some of the 'bigger' plot points, though I still think Saturdays work best for those tongue

Here's a list of potential stuff to start RP with (and anyone is free to use these as a starting point for their own little plots and RP ideas!):

Patrolling Halyard!

In groups of 2 or 4, hares of Company A (the main company player character hares are a part of as seen here on the divisions page for the LP) have been assigned to patrol the town at all times of both day and night. They work in shifts so all get sleep, so don't worry about that! All hares on duty or off are required at least one other hare with them in Halyard, and must always tell their superior officer where they are going when leaving the camp.

Ideas:
Usually there aren't problems, but every so often the patrol comes across crimes: an attempted robbery, a mugging, maybe a deal between the baker and a former pirate in an alleyway about something...
Maybe hares go encounter a less than helpful shopkeeper who is hiding information, or maybe doesn't much care for the Long Patrol.

Or while on patrol a squad of hares have an encounter with the mercenary/body guard group that's been hanging around town - there probably won't be violence, but there won't be much friendliness either. It's clear a lot of the group have chips on their shoulders.

The night time is reportedly a bit less busy though more unnerving in the town: Halyard seems deserted in the dark, and the few non-Patrol beasts that are up and about aren't ones anyone really wants to tangle with. And what creatures that apparently lurk in the dead of night EVERYONE wants to stay clear of. Rumors of more tangible threats like armed vermin gangs who murder and kidnap are whispered alongside fears of ghosts, monsters, and even worse in the streets and the one remaining bar....

Speaking of the bar/tavern, maybe hares on a break go to have a drink - all hares on duty or off must have at least one other hare with them, and must always tell their superior officer where they are going.

Maybe they have to start investigating disappearances, going to citizen's homes and asking after who went missing, or maybe beasts come up to the LP to tell them about it.

Camplife!

In the camp, at least a quart of the company remains at all time - be they on guard, on leave, or sleeping and eating. A very brief guide to the LP camp can be found on the wiki here. 

Ideas:
Maybe hares on sentry duty are trying to whittle away the hours with their guard partner with games like cards.

Maybe hares who are getting ready for bed have an impromptu poetry or scary story contest...

Maybe they're just having breakfast in the mess tent and preparing for their shift in patrolling the town or on sentry duty.

Maybe a hare was placed on kitchen duty and are helping the cooks cook.

Or maybe a squad of hares are just relaxing during their break...

These are just some stuff off the top of my head - there's probably a lot more you can do, and don't feel as if you have to strictly follow any of this: it's meant to be an inspiration for RPs, a jumping off point to explore your own ideas, and NOT a rule set at all.

If you have more ideas for RP to add, feel free to page #mail me in game with them and I'll add to the list!

If anyone wants more details about anything, feel free to page mail me in game (again) and I'll do my best to answer any questions!

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-10-22 02:11:02 PM)

#5 2021-10-22 03:15:43 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

well, I'm usually on on Saturdays at about 3 or 4 pm central time.  tomorrow i won't have (much) homework, so i am going to try to be on earlier. however, I won't be on on October 30th; I'm going to a women's event at my church all day.  i **might** be on on the 31st, though, although that's not set in stone.  i also won't be here November 13th because I'm going to a comicon.

i don't know about you people, but Felicity is going to be investigating the monster rumours.  she thinks it might be a mystery creature from across the ocean that escaped from slavers, and if that's the case, she wants to help it not be scared.  but if i come on and people are rping something else, that sounds fun, too big_smile  i also plan to appof rioko some during this tp, so that'll be fun (bandit gave me permission).

but you don't need terrence or i to rp and have fun.  if two or more of y'all are on and neither of us is, please just rp.  the muck is dying, but you guys can keep it alive, even on the days when the two of us can't make it.  please help us keep this little area of the internet and the redwall fandom alive.  please?

#6 2021-10-24 03:35:34 PM

oz

A scary event by the campfire hmmms....and would not. And  would not need  be dangerous either...

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#7 2021-10-25 02:39:21 PM

Mother Krisha

so where do we...make camp? Right by the entry to Halyard off the beach?

#8 2021-10-25 03:03:58 PM

Proud LP

That's my guess just be at that area of the beach, unless Terrence had another idea

I am :

#9 2021-10-25 03:41:24 PM

Ol'random
Website

I imagine the camp is outside of the town - far enough away so that anyone coming from Halyard can be easily spotted and prepared for. Off the beach too, though as far as I know it's just sand dunes in that area.

Here's a map layout of what the camp probably looks like (based off of the LP camp page)

LP-Camp-map.png

As for telling scary stories, you guys should do that either tonight or later this week, and maybe do multiple RPs around it! Unfortunately I have a headache and might not make it on today, but tomorrow and the day after I plan on being on around 7pm EST

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-10-25 03:41:39 PM)

#10 2021-10-27 11:07:19 AM

Log-A-Log

They likely will spot Elbio on  monday November 1st, though no plans to arrive at the mountain till either 5th,6th,or 7th...maybe ealier will depend on how many are online, only need Ciocan on...maybe Quinten so it could also be a day between 1-4 of november and Elbio goes to the camp afterwards to share some....interesting info (But remember no one will icly know till after elbio speaks to ciocan and then ,and only then, will elbio let others know at the LP Camp.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#11 2021-10-28 03:48:27 AM

Elmef

I'll be on for the remainder of the week

Last edited by Elmef (2021-10-28 03:49:29 AM)

#12 2021-10-29 03:44:32 PM

Proud LP

anything planed for tonight?

I am :

#13 2021-10-29 09:25:35 PM

Ol'random
Website

Unfortunately not! however, I'm going to be around tomorrow for the feast and after if people are willing to stick around!

#14 2021-11-02 05:00:52 PM

Ol'random
Website

Alright, so for this Saturday (Nov. 6th), I'm hoping to do the next big RP for the plot. If there are enough people online, I'll have the hares split into two groups to patrol Halyard at the same time - and one or both might run into different trouble.

I realize this is at the same time as the Redwall feast, so I'm planning on being on for longer than usual if people want to do one RP at a time.

#15 2021-11-03 06:56:23 AM

Proud LP

I will be on saturday

I am :

#16 2021-11-03 04:09:30 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

#17 2021-11-04 09:19:11 PM

Ol'random
Website

Cool! In light of the recent log (http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?pid=6330) with Slaw's death/disappearance, my plans have shifted slightly to address that:

The snake plot will be taking a back seat this Saturday as the disappearance of one of the LP's hares is much more pressing, so if RHONWEN* not krisha im sorry about the mistake is okay with it and has Renee mention Slaw going alone (and if IC'ly terrence gets his way, she probably will be demoted back to recruit for LEAVING a fellow hare alone in the first place which was like the one the lp was told not to do around halyard- especially if the LP finds Slaw's body).

Even if Renee doesn't make a reappearance, there will be a search party as soon as Slaw fails to report back -  with the general assumption he got drunk somewhere and passed out.

If/when they find him and the rats, if the bodies are still there, the LP might assume they killed each other, and Terrence will suggest several things:
1. sending Varus with Olivia back to the mountain as they do not need the confusion of an officer who keeps changing his rank every other day as well as needing to send a report of what happened back to Salamandastron,
2. Putting the camp on high alert,
3. Halting all patrols in Halyard,
4. Stopping any hare with leave from leaving the camp and mountain,
5. Making sure all hares understand that they are REQUIRED at all times to have at least one other hare with them, on duty or not, and must always notify their superior officer where they are going and when they expect to return,
and 6. sending out a specially selected squad of eight or so hares to search the murder sight for any tracks or clues.

As Terrence is not in command these are not orders but suggestions, and each one will be the call of the officers in charge (So Greg, Velm, and Felicity)

If Oz is okay with it, I also had the idea that the dead rats could tie into the Guard plot with them being from the totally-not-pirate mercenary group which will launch their OWN investigation into the dead rats, and might accuse the LP of picking a fight... With one of their independent investigators happening to being John the squirrel, so he can bounce off the LP again wink

Terrence will be on the war path probably against whatever the rats were a part of. He liked both brothers, even if they are trouble makers and honestly had hoped they'd do better in the future D:

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-11-05 03:33:30 PM)

#18 2021-11-04 09:27:22 PM

oz

I can be on Saturday

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#19 2021-11-05 09:15:58 AM

Mother Krisha

didn't spoof Renee, I think Rhonwen did. BUT I will have Donica on this Saturday.

#20 2021-11-05 11:53:44 AM

Log-A-Log

Maybe we can go ahead and have Lt.Elbio help on Saturday, maybe even run into Zolomon (If that's a plan?)

I should be on this Saturday, but gonna be busy for next couple weeks and likely offline a good deal, so might be good , if we can, to do that run in with zolomon BUT Elbio is not taken captive, maybe a fight or something..IDK. Heck who knows if Elbio is injured maybe he has to spend the winter in Salamanstron...it can be figured out.

Also I can help Spoof rats smile. The idea of them being involved with the Snake in sand thing sounds sort of cool and in the one log me and Zolomon both sort of spoofed the rats so tongue.....

#21 2021-11-05 03:44:43 PM

Ol'random
Website

Mother Krisha wrote:

didn't spoof Renee, I think Rhonwen did. BUT I will have Donica on this Saturday.

Whoops! I'll correct that then
my bad

Log-A-Log wrote:

Maybe we can go ahead and have Lt.Elbio help on Saturday, maybe even run into Zolomon (If that's a plan?)

IC'ly, there's no reason Elbio can't be there, and I don't think anyone would object to another set of paws to help.
As for Zolomon, though:

I personally would prefer Zolomon not to appear on Saturday, as I feel like that would rush everything too much if that makes since? As well as the fact that if Zolomon appears in front of a group of LP hares, they'll all jump him regardless of knowing he killed Slaw or not. They can't just let him walk freely on the Western Shore after all.
Plus I really, really want to get into an investigation RP, where the exact details and the culprit are a mystery to all the characters (regardless of everyone OOC'ly knowing what happened). And of course the IC drama that'll hopefully slowly unfold as hares like Terrence have to accept that a hare killed another hare, which will be difficult for everyone to handle, and the fact that Zolomon - who regardless of everything he's done in the past year - WAS somewhat respected and liked enough to be a sergeant

I've also had a few thoughts on something Terrence might potentially do depending on how Ciocan and the LP as a whole react when/if the details of Slaw's death and Elbio's injury are found out: If he feels Ciocan and the LP isn't doing enough to deal with Zolomon, Terrence might resign his position in the LP (or if that's refused he will just go AWOL) with an open invitation to anyone else who wants to help to go and hunt Zolomon down.
There's a part of me that's interested in exploring that a sit would be very much in character for him, though the other half of me hopes this doesn't happen and things go a bit more smoothly in the LP XD

#22 2021-11-05 04:19:29 PM

oz

I say maybe part way do the plan for the snake in the sand as Slaw WAS at the mountain,  not camp. I say instead just  find Slaw and be like wot de....

And  yeah no need to find out it's Zolomon yet...hee hee.

Still like to do a Lt. Elbio and Zolomon fight,  maybe one day during next week....hmmm but how to not know  zolomon is to blame,  least right away.

I play:

#23 2021-11-05 04:26:24 PM

Log-A-Log

Hey
I could go for a fight with Zolomon since it's mainly Elbio he wants to try and, as he said, get rid of. As for how not to know it's Zolomon right away...simple Elbio is unconscious a few days, he wakes up and tells the others what happen.

As for what the LP does....I would think the badger lord and others be like....yeah, go make zolomon pay. It was said if seen he be....well...slain after all.

SO I say Satruday find poor Slaw, then a day next week I can have Elbio run into Zolomon and end up hurt and unconscious as a result. I could always spoof another hare thats with me......gee Zolomon gonna be in deep trouble if he  kills another hare(NPC one that is, but still ICLY its a fellow hare. And he could THINK Elbio is dead.)

How many role plays will the snake in sand be? I mean, if needed, some hares could still hunt down a murderer while others finish up the snake in sand thing.....=shrugs=

#24 2021-11-05 04:30:25 PM

oz

Cool,
Yeah it was indeed said....zolomon would be slain if seen...so yeah. As for when they find out Zolomon is around....he doesn't plan to be too far and he likely have his own injuries to tend to and heal so he would be around.

Maybe in Halyard as some sort Claoked Assassin/ bounty hunter type.

This gonna be cool

I play:

#25 2021-11-05 05:20:15 PM

oz

Also,
As said in a pmail...I have made the place they can find zolomon later smile. More details later

I play:

Board footer