Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-16 02:36:53 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Expanding the Wiki and OOC TP

I've logged on to address two interesting proposals.

1. Our Wiki is abysmally small. We need knowledgeable beasts to update it with past events, characters, places and organizations. Doing so we must notice what is already there so we don't make doubles. I have no idea how to code a wiki page, so If someone could make pages for my characters, that would be greatly appreciated

2. Recently, I have thought that an OOC TP would be fun to do and have created a basic outline for a plot involving alternate universes.

The Plot:
Everything is peaceful in Mossflower, suddenly Redwall is visited by the badger warrior known as Cole Winters. The only problem? Cole Winters is dead, and what's more this beast claims to be the Champion of Redwall. It is soon discovered that he is from an alternate version of Mossflower that he has dubbed Earth-2.

Using a device to travel universes, Cole needs the help of not only his universe but our universe as well to liberate a 3rd universe (dubbed Earth-46) from an alternate version of Marek who is far crueler and was never reformed.

I am still in the process of writing, but I hope to launch this TP in November if possible. Any who are interested or have ideas let me know.

#2 2017-09-16 03:28:42 PM

Henry the Poet

Re: Expanding the Wiki and OOC TP

GREAT...But I have a question, is there a universe where Redwall is totally evil? In that Universe was Martin a conquering warlord who swept in from the north and took over the peaceful MossFlower Woods?

This are important questions.

Last edited by Henry the Poet (2017-09-18 01:53:16 PM)

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

#3 2017-09-16 03:47:03 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Here is a cheat sheet for making wiki edits. There's links at the bottom of that page to a full markup guide, a sandbox for testing, etc. It looks intimidating at first but you'll get the hang of it.

I know some wikis get picky about page formats and things, but ours is small enough right now that none of that matters. Good opportunity to learn something new!

#4 2017-09-16 05:00:52 PM

The_Brony_Marek

To answer your question Henry in short: No

Earth-2 is basically a slightly altered universe where certain characters who are alive are dead and certain characters who are dead are alive, just enough to make it very noticably different.

Earth-46 is a dystopian universe where Marek was never reformed and instead rules Redwall with an iron fist, but most of the people who were good are still good.

I'm s till working on most of the details.

#5 2017-09-16 05:14:31 PM

Karth Riverbark

OOC could be fun to do, we would need a special room for it and always title a log OOC PLOT.

Not sure where my ranger sea otter would fit yet

sounds cool

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#6 2017-09-16 05:20:12 PM

Karth Riverbark

Earth 10:
Martin married Rose and she and he both came to Redwall. See in this earth Rose never died....course just be in the history books as something learned

Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare

#7 2017-09-16 05:42:11 PM

oz

1. I t would be good to update some things like if one has a group...yes a groups section maybe. Like Ferravale is still run by my OOC alt Scioto and they have a new Master Healer-Rayen
Also Redwall finally has a Recorder- Brother Gorvenalus

2. As for an OOC TP..Oz would of course be in it, Cole was his son and in my character's history Oz watched as his son Cole..1/2 season at time and Oz's wife Northstar died in an avalanche in the snowy northlands. And yeah an OOC room would be best and someone could always be there to log and yeah have OOC TP on Log..for example Log Name Whatever(OOC TP)

SO...yeah

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#8 2017-09-16 07:14:25 PM

Leon

Leon shall help with OOC...not sure where Flint and Caleb would fit in, then Flint is with the LP

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

#9 2017-09-18 02:36:11 PM

Henry the Poet

Sorry, I originally mis-posted.

I was asking if there was a world, Earth 13 say, with an evil Redwall founded by Martin the Warlord. While in our world we have the peace loving and cordial Redwall Abbey. In that world, they have the dark fortress, Blood Redwall! Which is named after the ichor of the poor beast how have tried to scale it's sandstone walls.

Last edited by Henry the Poet (2017-09-18 02:40:17 PM)

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

#10 2017-09-19 05:56:23 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Potentially yes, but for the sake of not making things too convulutated, the story would focus on just the three earths with other earths only potentially being mentioned.

However, I'm now realizing that this is still pretty complicated and writing a plot is taking a while.

Anyone have an idea for a different OOC TP in the meantime? Or just a good OOC RP?

#11 2017-09-28 12:18:54 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Dude.  Marek.  Bandit and Wanderer and I are, like, the rulers of being able to make up OOC RPs.  I do crazy random stuff, and the other 2 are better at actually making plots.  If ever you wanna do something OOC, just let me, at least, know.  I don't have permission to volunteer the other 2, so I won't.

Wiki:  I found it confusing, so I ignore its existence.  Sorry that I can't help sad

Alternate universes: I may not join this, but if I do, I'll really only be able to RP DoraRose's little sister, LilyMoore (whom she named her daughter after big_smile ).  Hmm.....hey, Oz, would Maxx still be alive in that alternate reality?  I could spoof him, since Blisa wouldn't be around.

I vote we mention an Earth where cookies grow on trees wink

There's my random and probably not very helpful thoughts tongue

(OOOOH!!!!  I could have Lenore still be alive!!!!!  Like in this OOC TP I tried to get going: http://rwmuck.limitless.org/rwmuck/cont … s-ooc-rp-t .....that's literally the only RP we were able to do for that plotline sad )

#12 2017-09-29 10:08:01 AM

Karth Riverbark

Cookies and cake, why have cookies and cake be mentioned lately tongue

#13 2017-10-05 03:17:28 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

#14 2017-10-06 05:32:35 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Still working on the OOC TP. Not too worried about the OOC plot and woking more with IC plots. Got a lot going on with school, a job now, and helping my dad. Also a once in while smaller OOC role play may be nice to do once in a while

Board footer