Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-13 02:46:04 PM

oz

A Journey Begins

*** I spoofed a ferret and stuck around to log***

Who:

Random Ferret- spoofed by Oz

Vonda- hare maid

Kelp- Dibbun otter

Rufus- Messenger, winged fighter

Log:

Vonda had volunteered to help out at Halyard and she had some healing skills. Most of the afternoon she helped with organizing supplies, some basic first aid and cheered up visitors but after dinner she took only enough for 3 days, she could fish once by the river and she knew how to forage for wild foods.

Kelp walked quietly beside her, " You sure this is a good idea?" He frowns." I didn't get a say bye to Oz."

Vonda frowns." I don't belong there, I don't know where I belong."

" Does anyone sometimes?" A voice came, a ferret stepped into view,over his shoulder a small pack.

Kelp hid behind Vonda.." See...no..not.s..safe."

Vonda got out a dagger." Back off..I mean it."

The ferret raised his paws." I am not one of those scum.." He pulls up both sleeves.No tattoo.." See..I just decided sea port, nope..so gonna head elsewhere. "

Kelp still looked unsure, he has heard how bad beasts can trick other beasts.

Vonda still stays alert, " Ok...so are we,  so we will get going now. "

The ferret shrugs." Avoid de swamp, bad place, and if going by that river, go upriver a little before crossing it, use ta be a log but de horde set fire to it, it broke in two and went out ta sea."

Kelp frowned but kept quiet.

Vonda nodded and took Kelp's paw, "  Come on" She decided to just jog off a little ways.

The ferret waved goodbye and went along his merry way.

Kelp sighs, Where we going? Its dark and king of spooky out here."

Vonda nods.".We can stop once by the river." They do find shade for a couple hour nap, Tben head more upshore.

Kelp got a little more cheerful after a rest and they were making good time.He then asks." You think we will ever see Zolomon again,  I liked him."

Vonda shrugs ." Yeah I liked him too." A lot she had decided, she had remembered seeing him a few times,  from a distance before she finally was face to face, watching the Patrol Hares was always odd to her but familiar and then she learned her parents were patrol hares that died on a boating trip,  she washed up further upshore and was assumed lost to sea, till she was led back, by...,Zolomon .

Kelp watches her. " You like him a lot, lot don't you?"

Vonda smiles, " I…" she sighs a little." I do but the world is a large place and for all we know the horde may of killed him when he dashed off."

Kelp pouts." But I heard de one seagull found him...and he got past all de bad beasts. "

Vonda stops, she looks at him." He's..alive?" She smiles, happy and then." Where?"

Rufus picks the best moments as he flaps past and lands." Where going?"

Kelp grins." Ask him." He points to Rufus.

Vonda backs up at first and then.." Your..your that sea Gull that lives with the patrol...well on the crater."

Rufus nods." Ya ya...making sure no badfurs round, ya ya."

Kelp smiles." Yeah if was I kick em in de nose." Sure he would.

Vonda smiles." Rufus..have you. Have you seen Zolomon? If so..where, please tell me."

Rufus perna a wind and speaks. " He go upriver Moss...go up and find someplace, maybe Abbey of the Redwall."

Kelp tilts his head." Redwall?" He asks." Where that? I'd it bigger that Salamanstron?"

Vonda waits on a reply as well.

Rufus speaks." No...Bunny Lord home much MUCH MUCH Much bigger ya ya...much much much taller." H bops his head." Abbey nice, haveum good candy nuts."

Kelp giggles at the bird, and smiles at Vonda. " Maybe Zolomon is there, we need to go..let's go."

Vonda smiles,  if nothing else this Redwall may know where to find Zolomon.And he did mention hiding there before he got kicked out of the patrol." Yes, let's go Kelp."

Rufus follows them as far as the river, a couple day trip but heading back it's only a little under a day for him to get back to his cozy nest.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer