Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-08 02:03:03 PM

oz

Look He's Back at the Abbey- Redwall Log

Who:

Zolomon- Archer and BodyGuard when needed

Benar- Abbot of Redwall

Krisha- Badger Mother

LOG:

Zolomon sneaked out of the infirm, put on his cloak, hood up and walked around the orchards in deep thought.

Krisha was outside when a couple novices pointed out the cloaked figure,so she went to have a look.Upon seeing them she slowly made her way over to them."Hello there."

Zolomon has his back to her, hearing her speak he shakes his head and turns to face her as he speaks. quietly." Hallo Mother K."

Krisha tilts her head and goes to push the hood off him and get a better look at him "Zolomon.....well explains why Elbio was so moody yesterday." She  is surprised to see him"So your back in the area..anything I should know?" It is good to give an answer,even a simple one will do.

Zolomon allows the hood to fall to his shoulders.." Elbio can go soak his head in the pond.." He muttered as he sits under the nearby tree." Wots ta know...I went back, got my punishment and left..kicked from patrol. striped of all rank, not welcome inside de mountain...later added not allowed on de shore or halyard..blah blah.." He frowns." the shores and halyard mainly for my safety...stupid archers."

Benar is inspecting the orchards with Elmef, the squirrel and field mouse walking together and talking quietly as they inspect various trees for their incoming crop of fruit. The pair of them chatting together and pausing to climb a tree every now and then to get a better look.

Krisha shakes her head"You and him need to get along if your going to be here any length of time."Paws on her hips as she talks."Not going to have possible fights break out"

Zolomon snorts,." I plan to stay away from him." Or try to.He leans back and tries to relax ,eyes closed.

Benar turns his ears toward Zolomon then drops down out of the tree above the hare, hanging from his tail and stares at the newest addition to the abbey, "Welcome back Zolomon," it's quite a sight, the Abbot just hanging from his tail like that, "Krisha is right, you can't just ignore each other... or i'll put Krisha in charge of knocking sense into the pair of you"

Krisha smiles"I could do that if needed," She speaks "I will have a chat with Elbio and you will too. Maybe an update on how things are doing."

Zolomon is quickly more alert when he sees Benar suddenly appear. He folds his arms over his chest."  I didn't pay that much attention. Most of them hate me at Sala..at Halyard...like maybe 3 don't..Felicity..maybe Ciocan doesn't hate me..and.." He frowns now ." And..Vonda, then my luck she does now."

Krisha is curious "Who's Vonda? One of the hares in the Patrol?"

Benar says, "Well no one here hates you Zolomon, you are welcome in the abbey, but I do encourage peace."

Zolomon glaces up at the abbot, he doesn't answer right away, but finally." Yes sur..I know." He does reply to the name." A hare maid that helped me the past few weeks...but she might join de patrol,  I don't know. She was my friend not sure she still is." He misses her." And..other than that nothing...really going on on western shore.." He knows some of the events but has decided not to share.

Benar says, "Even if they do join the patrol, no reason why they would suddenly hate you Zolomon, please do try to rest now you are here. It sounds like you have had a very hard time of it since you were last our guest."

Krisha nods"I don't hate you either, and would like to help you, if you let me. I know you been through a lot and  I know part of it...."A small pause and she finishes " Is missing Xander..I still miss him too"

Zolomon shakes his head." You have no idea." He  looks away when a name is mentioned.He then speaks." Rest is good, I..did not rest much on the way here..and probably shouldn't have..well basically go so fast most of the time. "

Benar says, "Well you are here now and safe, the abbey is secure and peaceful. Might I offer you some new clothing? You can freshen up with a swim in the pond or a bath and some new clothes might help you feel more comfortable."

Krisha stays where she is for now letting the two talk a little while.

Zolomon shrugs, he then slowly stands." That would be nice...I only have this cloak, and outfit." He adds." Not that I need it any more, the Long patrol of course kept uniforms and I only had a couple..things of my own, kind of lost some things in the swamp..long story."

Benar says, "Swamps are never fun," Benar pulls a face, "I had to travel through one a couple of times when I was young and travelled the world.... weeks of being covered in mud are not fun."

Krisha  say, "I never been in any samp lands, was in the south but not an area of like...swamps, unless it was when I was very very young, father may of traveled threw one."

Zolomon says." Trust me..ya don't want to."

Benar says, "Yeah Krisha, you really don't want to." Benar lowers himself to the ground  and looks up, "ELmef can you finish off?" The fieldmouse assures the Abbot he can and Benar holds out a hand, "Come along then, let's get you some new clothing, you look like a tattered ragamuffin."

Krisha just nods,she will either stay here or go where the abbot is going.

Zolomon glaces at his outfit.." Yeah..suppose I do " He doesn't sound too concerned  with his outfit really.He allows the abbot to lead him elsewhere.

Benar is gone for about an hour, getting Zolomon a much needed bath and new clothes. Fresh cotton trousers, a new cotton shirt with lace ties. A heavy linen waistcoat and a new cloak for when he needs it along with the offer of sandals. He returns to the orchard and looks up Krisha, "Our hare friend should be back soon."

Krisha  speaks, " do hope his mood betters. All is probably well on the shores."She glances around."We should have a late Summer feast Ithink. More time to plan for it that way."

Benar asks, "Possibly," Benar frowns, "I was thinking August maybe? Mid August, nice and late once harvest is complete?"

Zolomon does return, his new cloak he kept in a room he was given.The hot weather is not good for cloaks after all. He stays off to the side, looking more relaxed and not as stressed out.

Krisha hmms, a smile"That will be nice..beasts can be more relaxed for a job well done. Maybe the tree house will even be done by then"

Benar says, "Well the Tree House repairs are coming along nicely, it should be finished in about a month, Foremole won't be rushed. But your help has been invaluable Krisha."

Krisha nods, a thought comes to mind"Maybe  Foremole could use an extra paw." She glances over at the hare, sometimes doing stuff gets one mind off troubles.

Zolomon arches an eyebrow." Help with wot?" He asks,  his mood is a lot calmer now than earlier  .

Benar says, "We are rebuilding the tree house," He motions to the construction area nearby where the new foundation in the oak tree is nearly finished and several moles are working, "For the dibbuns."

Krisha  says, "It was blown down during a blizzard, some other things have been repaired."

Zolomon frowns,  he then decides." I..can help for sure. I do know some about woodwork now." Not that he helped much." A storm messed up the docks in Halyard, the patrol rebuilt the docks, even..made a base "

Krisha listens, a frown"Maybe the same storm that came here, I am glad repairs were done with the docks, it likely made everyone happy"

Zolomon says, "Well, villagers were..I know they got them all fixed..saw them before  I left the shores, I never want to see the shores again..can't anyways suppose..fine with me." He calms before he gets too grumpy, its then his stomach growls. He lets out a small chuckle." Is..lunch soon?"

Benar says, "Well we would greatly welcome your help  Zolomon," The Abbot said with a smile, "We can always use an extra hand with woodwork around the abbey." He pats Zolomon's arm and chuckles, "Lunch is in soon yes, in cavern hole."

Krisha smiles as she shakes her head."Hares always want to know when there is food"

Zolomon smiles." Of course...food is important  Mother K..one most important part of the day..I can lead the way thar to make sure we are not late." Of course lunch would cheer him up

Krisha laughs as she speaks"We better make sure  he doesn't get there too fast...and may be good to warn our friar he is here."

Benar nods in agreement as they follow the hare.

Zolomon of course beat them to lunch.Food will cheer most hares up!

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer