Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-30 07:50:59 PM

Mother Krisha

The rat's Plan..Backfired-Zoltar TP

Who:

Shadowlight-2nd in command of Crimson Shadows

Pete-Old Major in LP

Terrence- Master Sargeant of Lp

-spoofs of hares and horde beasts

log:

Shadowlight glared towards 15 slightly hidden horde beast off to the side. She went towards the gate waving a white flag. The others stayed behind her, but not too close.

Pete was doubling checking the sentries on duty when he saw movement and laid a paw on his saber.

"Bows at the ready" Terrence mutters having seen the beasts approach as well.

The hares about the Master-Sargeant and Major notch their arrows and prepare to fire out the cracks in the rock. "Konner-go down and prepare the hares by the gate, in case they try breaking through, dought they will considering how many there are, but just to be careful"

Shadowlight waves the flag, "I only come ta talk...a peaceful talk on how to solve some recent issues that have come up, for both of us."

Pete studies the rat maid but he doesn't open the gate. He folds his arms over his chest" I can take a message."

Terrence raises an eyebrow looking sideways at Pete, "Sah, I don't trust them-she has a rathah ill-favored look about he'h" He mutters quietly"But that is the flag of truce...Should I have the hares ready to attack, just in case?"

Shadowlight puts on a face of shock and disbelief"Oh and why is that?" An idea comes, of course, no hare in sight" I could give news of one of your own hares my master has captive now...we can talk..that's all"

Pete listens as he nods to Terrence, he then looks at the rat maid. If  she was being truthful, they shouldn't fight or out right attack her."Are they with you?"

Terrence looks about in case Slaw is nearby, if he is a gesture to stay quiet-and every other hare beside the Major, who's doing the talking.

Pete seems very unsure, but then again he can quickly shut the gate back. They have a chat and he simply kicks her right back out she would be seriously outnumbered.

Shadowlightc edges closer"No but better to let me inside, just me in, the others will stay outside" yeah for now" I call a truce"

"Sah" Terrence is /very/ alarmed, "I must protest-do not open that gate o'h let he'h in. Even if there's only a few, we can't risk the dangeh of them getting inside, o'h losing you, sah. We can't lose two majahs within a week."

Pete frowns as he looks at the rat maid."Perhaps not lass." He smirks, "Your being rude."His paw was on the gate and now it's off, the gate was not opened, even a fracture, it stayed totally locked. So no danger of her getting inside. The old hare turns away from the rat.

Shadowlightglarees at the old hare's back, this is not working. She slips a paw down, drops the white flag, She aims carefully with a throwing dagger, flicks it towards the old hare's bacK! She is quick and silent. She is Zoltar's 2nd on command and has decided ..no..was the wrong answer!

Terrence speaks"Should I speak to her sah?" He has a loud enough voice to talk from where he is from.

Pete  nods to Terrence" Maybe, the gate is locked, she won't get in Sargeant Terr..."He tenses up suddenly, a look of shock on his face, pain as he stumbles now and collapses.

"LOOSE" The order came from Terrence's lips the moment he saw the dagger hit the Major, and he would try and catch old Pete before he hit the ground. A volley of arrows fly out at the band of fifteen horde beasts, landing among them with deadly accuracy and at least two hares aim at Shadowlight-in vengeance for the fallen officer.
"FAITHLESS!"
"YA BROKE A TRUCE!"
The shouts can be heard from the rocks above the vermin, the hares outraged.
Terrence for his part is kneeling down by the wounded Major" Sah-SOMEONE GET A HEALAH, NOW!"

Shadowlight quickly sidesteps, she gasps as 9 of the beasts she had with her fall to arrows. An arrow hits her shoulder as she draws her blade."Stupid hares! my master has 400 beasts..you are doomed!!!! He will come and take this place as well"

Pete is still alive, barely alive as his eyes focus on Terrence and then flutter shut.

"SOMEONE PUT AN ARROW  THROUGH HE'H THROAT! SHUT HE'H UP!" Terrence rises as a healer comes to help the Major, his anger flaring-he refuses to let a 2nd Major die without repayment."AND KILL THE REST OF THE VERMIN, FIRE AT WILL!" Another volley is loosed, and more than just fifteen.

Shadowlight glares"Idiots fire back, fire back! They try to, the last cou[ple bolt. The rat is hit in the leg and tries to crawl off. Fear floods her now.

The healer looks very worried as they tend to the major. They try their best to help him.

"DON'T LET A SINGLE ONE ESCAPE! The return fire of the vermin harmlessly off the stones, as none of the bow-hares can be seen-but even more arrows whistle out in answer! The rat crawling away is pierced several times over and so are the rest of the bodies. Terrence draws his saber, seeing the looks of the healers, and nods to the hares around him.

"Draw swords., I want that one alive-maybe to ask he'h something, o'h simply toss he'h from the top of the bloody mountain!" The gate opens and several hares stream out to surround the creature.

"Don't move vermin, oh'h I'll  skewer yo- and leave you'h body  fo'h the gulls"
Terrence's voice is cold as he raises his saber, pointing it at her throat"More than ya deserve, I say, flith, o'h I'll cut you'h togue, o'h tail."

Pete is carried to the infirm, but it's feared he won't last the night.

Shadowlight tenses up, 15 of the horde...all dead, she has arrow wounds. She looks up at Terrence, and is afraid, for once in her life...afraid.

"Good, you're silent." Terrence practically spits, his gaze  burrowing into her."But I'll make sure-"And with that, he brings the hilt of his sword down upon her head in a savage strike."Bound he'h and lock her away. I don't want  he'h to ever see the light of day again"

Shadowlight goes unconscious and is taken to a cell, tied and locked up.

With that done, he and the other hares outside kill any vermin that remained wounded or otherwise, and remove their bodies to pile them up high away from the mountain to burn.

The smoke rising into the clear blue sky could be seen from Halyard for several days afterward.

And yet, when the grisly work is finished, Terrence is exhausted, leaning against the stones just inside the gate. A second Major lost in a little over a week. He wipes his eyes, going deeper into the mountain for a long drink. It has been a rough couple of weeks, and he finally had a moment to let everything sink in-the Deaths of Varus, Greenhill, and the other hares in Halyard, believing Felicity was dead only to have her return and break up with him, and now the old Major himself being wounded. He wasn't going to make the Sargeant Major have no doubt, and he breathed a heavy sigh" Damn shame"

Board footer