Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-20 06:13:50 PM

Ol'random
Website

The Long Patrol in Halyard - RP Plot begininng on 3/27/21!

Long Patrol Members, read on! big_smile
After chatting with Elmef/Quinten in game about what to do next after the LP finished fixing up the docks in Halyard (detailed in this thread), we decided to follow up with ideas Elmef/Quinten had for the docks - with the first RP next Saturday (the 27th of March after 8 pm GMT/4 pm EST).
What will the LP be doing, you might ask?

Why, officially establishing ourselves in Halyard!

How? Well, after the docks in Halyard have been repaired and after a week or so of resting/recovering from the drama and more importantly the hard work at the docks, the hares of the LP will return to Halyard to establish a permanent barracks from which to properly patrol and guard the village! Meaning: the LP will have a base to stay at in Halyard (probably the Harbor Master's house)
Quinten will be spearheading the first RP on the 27th to get things moving up there, and I'll be the following Saturday (the 3rd of April, once again after 8 pm GMT/2 pm EST) to help keep things moving (with hopefully Quinten again)
After that, we'll have more RPs planned!

Meanwhile, in the time between the planned RPs feel free to RP at Halyard once your character is there - have them go on patrol, have them be put on guard duty, have them try to sneak extra rations from the storage- have fun and be creative! (I'll be on to RP during the week too)

Now, everyone in the LP is welcome to show up (and frankly encouraged to, please XD)

All of this also has a wider meaning for the Long Patrol - after the initial RP, a patrol of hares will be sent to Halyard every week to 2 weeks or so to replace the previous patrol there. That way, LP players (particularly privates and NCOs) have something to do other than training while also not being trapped in Halyard forever! Officers of the main regiment (so like Varus and Greg and Velm once he gets back) should feel free to move between the mountain and Halyard as they see fit, and they and the sergeants should feel free to order hares around and lead patrols around Halyard's streets and stuff.
Privates and corporals and sergeants should feel free to spend a week or two at Halyard and then a week or two at Salamandastron if they so wish; basically a cycle of on duty/off duty for the LP!

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-03-24 03:20:10 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#2 2021-03-20 07:48:05 PM

oz

Re: The Long Patrol in Halyard - RP Plot begininng on 3/27/21!

I may just have to make Old Major Pete....and I can spoof Privates Cole and Slaw.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#3 2021-03-20 09:24:59 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

oh, no, the terrible twins!  they need to come to halyard -- it would be funny xD

#4 2021-03-22 01:35:41 PM

Log-A-Log

Cool,
Having a base will be good.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#5 2021-03-24 03:23:13 PM

Ol'random
Website

Soooo I completely forgot about daylight saving time which moves the US timezones ahead by one hour, so the actual time for 8pm GMT would  4 PM EST because eastern time is now GMT -4.
Edited the main post to reflect this

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-03-24 03:23:24 PM)

#6 2021-03-25 03:41:34 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Because Benjamin Franklin had a stupid idea that everyone ran with like a bunch of maniacs tongue

#7 2021-03-27 12:11:05 PM

Ol'random
Website

Yeah, it's one of those ideas that works great in theory but only if everyone uses it- otherwise it's just more confusion to the hot mess that is TZ

As for the RP event thing, if all goes to plan it should start in about 3 hours at 8PM GMT/4 PM EST/2 PM MST
If we need to reschedule please let me know!

#8 2021-03-28 09:38:28 AM

Log-A-Log

Hello

As said before will be good to have that base...might just come in very useful in June.

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#9 2021-03-31 02:54:39 PM

Ol'random
Website

So, next Saturday I''l be on staring at 7 PM GMT (3 EST, 2 PM CST, 1 PM MST) to RP at Halyard, though I'll have to go by around 5 MST at the latest.
AS for RP plans for the base, I draw up plans Terrence IC'ly made for the Harbor Master Building to transform it into a more defensible place (the harbor master building's size/scale was inspired by shipwright buildings):

Harbor-Master-s-House.png
The idea is to build a wooden palisade wall around a courtyard in a fort-inspired design wit the harbor master's building serving as one of the four walls, giving the LP protected space to sent up tents, extra buildings (such as sheds or forges) and an open space to muster hares should the LP need to organize a large group of hares in response to an emergency without fear of being interrupted.

This is admittedly just an idea, but it would a; give ideas to casual RP in the LP as they are building the walls, and b; provide a safe structure other than Sala for the LP to fall back to if needed

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-03-31 02:57:44 PM)

#10 2021-04-01 10:03:32 AM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Once it’s built post here if y’all need it linked to the IC grid.

(edit: Unless there is something already there to @chown / @take and repurpose. Haven’t explored in a while. Let me know what works best!)

#11 2021-04-01 04:01:40 PM

oz

Who is gonna build it?

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#12 2021-04-02 04:57:05 PM

Log-A-Log

Off docks in Halyard...somehow.  I know ownership changed but forgot who now.

As for who builds in maybe Terrence or Elmef or he gives Elmef the plans to built it ........yeah Elmef and Terrence need to discuss it.

#13 2021-04-03 02:12:54 PM

Ol'random
Website

Admittedly I merely made the map to help IC RP and hadn't actually thought about building it as I have about 0% experience with building!
I could probably learn from all the guides on the wiki but it'll take me a while to actually be able to do anything.

Also, I'm currently online RN as Terrence at the docks and will be for the next two hours or so

#14 2021-04-03 11:07:12 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Wrote a new building tutorial to summarize the info scattered in various articles.

Should provide a solid start point for folks who'd like to learn to build.

#15 2021-04-04 09:23:30 AM

oz

I know some basics like @dig and linking rooms...I know Elmef is good at describing rooms and even mentioned maybe making the Habor Master building.

It be good to have this made.

I play:

#16 2021-04-04 09:42:46 AM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

For sure. Having multiple people work on a building project is great. It’s especially helpful that nobody gets stuck writing a bunch of descriptions—unless they want to, of course!

If y’all run into any hiccups, post to the Building and Coding subforum. I will be off grid again very soon, but will try to check in and help where I can.

It’s good to remember that none of these basic builder commands will break the MUCK. They were created to give players autonomy while also protecting the system from “accidents”.

I don’t expect it to happen, but if somebody really goes ham creating things and runs out of those OOC Building Credits, contact Otter and he’ll give you more. I don’t think I’ve seen anybody run out who wasn’t building a Mossflower-sized megastructure though. Characters automatically come with enough to make a home or a fort or a small village. And if you recycle things you no longer need, you’ll get OOC Building Credits for doing so.

#17 2021-04-04 10:19:02 AM

Elmef

I can always build it if we want it built
I don't mind writing descriptions either

I built Castle Floret back in the day and I have built and described plenty of rooms around the abbey as needed.
So I am happy to take the map and write up some descriptions.

Getting a new room linked from Halyard Docks would be useful Aeysin as I am not sure how to just start a new building in that area as I don't own it. I could always just @dig and make something and let you link it to the write place later?

#18 2021-04-04 10:29:48 AM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Yup, I can link to the new building / base area from the Dock once it’s built smile

Drop a post somewhere in the forums when it’s ready and I’ll pop on the MUCK and open the exit.

The region parent for Halyard is #217399 if that’s helpful.

#19 2021-04-04 10:51:42 AM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Halyard Dock is #227188 when you make the exit from the base to the Dock. I unlocked the LinkIn lock for now.

#20 2021-04-04 11:13:45 AM

Elmef

Thanks

I shall start building over the next week

#21 2021-04-04 06:54:41 PM

Log-A-Log

Cool

#22 2021-04-04 09:11:17 PM

Ol'random
Website

Alright, thanks Elmef! Admittedly seeing that guide makes me wanna try my hand at building too, but I'll hold off tongue
However, I would still like to help with the descriptions as I have a few ideas and details!

#23 2021-04-19 12:13:27 PM

oz

Any update on the base being made?

Also Velm wanted me to post that the LP should fo some sort of roleplay in Halyard this Thursday April 22nd.

I play:

Board footer