Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-24 06:13:03 PM

Mother Krisha

Peaceful Afternoon-REDWALL ABBEY

WHO:

Krisha-Badger Mother

Jasmine- Abbey resident

Caleb- Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Thomas-Blind mouse

LOG:

Krisha is sitting seeing one of her abbey robes and looks it over to make sure the tear was fixed well.

Jasmine has been enjoying her time at the abbey, helping to clean in a couple of places and even volunteering to help with the feast in a couple of weeks.

Caleb would be cleaning up around the abbey, wanting to make sure everything was alright. The feast would be coming up and he was going to help make tea for it all. He does wander over towards his mother and sits down for now, resting his tired arms.

Krisha smiles as she folds the sewn robe." Well the robe is fixed now, still have a stuffed toy to fix later on as well."

Jasmine glances over and asks "Mother Krisha, would it be ok...I mean...could I help with the feast or did they have enough beasts already to help?"

Caleb smiles some as well at Krisha as she finishes up the robe, seeming to mimic her actions cause he was wanting to learn to sew someday.

Krisha hmm" Well, I suppose so.The spring feast is in n couple weeks.(April 10th) at the GUOSIM camp." she nods to Caleb" You helping in the feast Caleb?"

Jasmine sits down "I seen the shrews the one day they visited, they are an interesting bunch of beasts"

Caleb does nod towards Krisha. He was always wanting to help with the feasts and if he wasn't then he'd stay here to protect the abbey. He does shy up a bit as Jasmine comes over but doesn't say anything, rubbing the soreness away.

Krisha smiles. " I think Caleb was helping make sure the path is safe. I know some novices are heading there on 6th or 7th.I might go and could show Caleb where the Mossflower Mossflower Defenders base is."

Jasmine glances at Caleb and smiles slightly.She nods to Krisha "Sounds nice...but what is Mossflower Defenders?Are they like the GUOSIM..a group to protect and defend Mossflower?"

Caleb just nods towards that, still mimicing his mother as he was wondering what he could do to learn to sew.

Krisha watches Caleb and smiles." You want to learn to sew? I could teach you, its fairly easy...though Xander never figured it out too well and gave up." She smiles faintly at a memory.

Jasmine leans back in her chair"Different kinds of sewing ...I think."

Caleb takes a moment to clear his mind as he looks back towards his mother. He does nod before writing out a note. "My mom never actually taught me. She wanted to but then... well, you know. I always wanted to learn to fix my clothes while out on the road.

Krisha says, "sewing is a good skill travel or no travel. And shoildnt take too long to learn."

Jasmine frowns a little looking at note but then just relaxs,or tries to in her chair."I use to travel but decided to live here now.I use to be part of this trveling enterining group"

"I traveled after my parents died. Spent a good bit of time looking for Salamandstron but eventually settled here. Krisha and Xander, gods rest his soul, adopted me and now I take care of mom here and my brother." He looks towards his mom, eager to learn.

Krisha sighs then replies" I can show you a simple stitch Caleb." She gets to where she can show him with some cloth she has.

Jasmine smiles."You have a brother Caleb?" She does notice the sigh and frowns deciding maybe it was not a good idea to ask right now.

Caleb was going to answer but decided that it was probably not the best thing to talk about at the moment. He does watch what Krisha does, not wanting to miss a beat

Krisha shows Caleb the stiching and then goes to hand it off to him."Here Caleb you give it a try"

Thomas makes his way into the Great Hall through the grand front door, guiding himself with his cane. He pauses in the door, trying to hear who else is about.

Jasmine watches curious to how Caleb does with the sewing. She smiles a little now.

Caleb definitely isn't as good as his mom. He understands the stitching and manages to do it most of the way... but he fumbles with his hands somewhat. Seems he was nervous to do. it.

Krisha says, "Your doing good Caleb..." She nods to Thomas." Hello Thomas how are you today?"

Thomas ear-perks, when he's addressed. "Ah, Krisha... It's good to hear you out and about." He approaches the direction of her voice. "Cannot complain. Spring is here, you know. The sun is warm, and the air is clear... For now. Perfect time for my daily walk..."

Jasmine ask, "Hello sir" She listens and chuckles some"Yes, oh the abbey is gonna start getting ready for spring planting soon, arn't they?"

Caleb whimpers somewhat and some tears come to his eyes as he remembers his mother. However the mouse just continues and eventually gets the stitch down pat.

Krisha says, "I have to get back to daily life, not just stay in my room and..well be depressed, I still have faith one day my son will be back. And if not...then I will accept  that as well." She nods." Soon yes, still some snow in places but  it's melting finally."

Thomas seems to only now notice Jasmine's presence after she speaks. "Eh? Oh, hello..." He doesn't turn to face her. "I believe they are, at that. The weather is growing much warmer."

Jasmine nods"Hi..oh sorry I am a bit new, my name is Jamine."She notices Caleb and the tears and goes over to him, if allowed will lay a paw on his arm"Are you ok Caleb?"

Caleb puts the cloth down and writes out a note, trying not to stain the notepad with some tears. "This just reminds me of my mother, the mother that gave birth to me. I miss them a lot but I couldn't ask for a better mom with Krisha."

Krisha glances over at Caleb and Jasmine and smiles, she for now stays in her chair. She will get up if needed.

Thomas nods toward the vague general direction of Jasmine. "Ah, well met. You may call me Thomas." He also apparently only realizes Caleb's nearby after Jasmine addresses him. "Oh, hello Caleb..."

Jasmine reads the note and nods "I..don't have a mom either....."She frowns "Or a..dad now"She doesn't go into details,she just smiles weakly to try and cheer up Caleb"But remembering good times help and friends help too"

Caleb does nod at that, seeming to smile just a tad s he remembers some good moments from his life before the abbey, before he even started traveling. It seemed to cheer him up.

Krisha says, "By the way the Spring Feast is at the GUOSIM camp this spring, Log-A-log and his shrews are hosting it and cooking and the abbey is supplying food and some novice to help."

. "I can't imagine Friar Lacota is very happy with that," Thomas notes. "He takes particular pride in his feasts..."

Jasmine  says, "maybe he can make the summer one extra special or see if he can still help some"

Caleb eventually hands the cloth back towards his mother as he watches everyone, not really knowing how to respond.

Krisha says, "Maybe Lacota could speak to Benar, guess they figured he may like a day off from a feast."

Thomas doesn't really seem to look anywhere in particular. Just leans on his cane. "Quite possibly. I can't pretend to know his thoughts, I confess. Fortunately I can find my way to the Guosim camp pretty well."

Jamine sits by Caleb and smiles."I only seen the shrews once...they are..well intresting and they have a new Log-a-log"

Caleb would nod to them all then get up, writing a note that he'd be off for now as he needed to do some other chores. He heads out.

Krisha says, "Yeah..Xavier is Log-A-log now."

Thomas frowns. "I heard the sad news of his predecessor..."

Krisha says, "Yes its sad..Xavier was a little worried he wouldn't be a good leader, I assured him he would be, yes he is young but.." a frown and she speaks more." When Xander was first leader of the mossflower_defenders he was a young age too and he learned and did well."

Jasmine excuses herself and goes to help somewhere.

Krisha stands "I should go as well, the dibbuns will need to get read for bed."

Board footer