Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#26 2021-03-13 03:00:01 PM

Ol'random
Website

Re: Current LP Members Thread

honestly i  don't really want Terrence to be a lieutenant as I'd kinda be playing two LP hares of roughly the same rank, and personally I think Terrence makes a better NCO/sergeant than commissioned officer tongue
The master sergeant rank is probably the best one for him (and the LP) as it would allow him IC'ly oversee things such as every enlisted hare's training, overseeing how supplies are given out, overseeing equipment, and having the explicit job of telling the major, captains, and colonels the needs and state of the enlisted hares in addition to the regular sergeant duties and giving input on battalion plans and stuff!
As a fun fact, Bann in High Rhulain is the only master sergeant in the books

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#27 2021-03-13 03:23:31 PM

Log-A-Log

make Terrence Master Sargeant then! Be cool!

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#28 2021-03-13 03:27:30 PM

oz

We do need a Master Sargeant...I vote do it.

Also trying to think what for Zolomon...Corporal again...he goes AWOL...or what.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#29 2021-03-13 03:39:15 PM

Mother Krisha

zolomon- That could go badly and get him in trouble if he  goes  awol but could make interesting roleplay

Terrence- yeah vote him for Master Sargeant

#30 2021-03-13 10:00:05 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

...so that makes me wonder what, exactly, Felicity's rank should be with all the jobs of training recruits and privates and (when she's not bonkers) going on patrols would be....

i still think we should give terrence more paperwork, whatever his rank is >:D

zolomon should go awol; even though icly it'd be a pickle for all the characters and get him in ever so much trouble, it'd be fun to rp smile

#31 2021-03-15 11:02:55 AM

oz

What if.........Just idea.

Zolomon was out of the LP?

Old Major Pete could always come out of retirement, maybe even get promoted perhaps.He could help with home guard Division As said just an idea and before you all worry...Zolomon would not die,he still be alive just maybe help the Mossflower Defenders and hang around Mossflower (And when hegets back to being his old self...annoy beasts in abbey,ferravale, elsewhere tongue..)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#32 2021-03-15 11:06:23 AM

Log-A-Log

could be cool

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#33 2021-03-15 02:44:37 PM

Ol'random
Website

Regarding Zolomon completely leaving the LP: While the IC dynamic and potential for IC drama and RP is immense, and honestly a plot line I'd love to follow up on, the IC consequences for Zolomon would also be immense - we're no longer just talking AWOL, it would be full blown desertion of a non-commissioned officer. Historically, the punishment of desertion has always been pretty much death, especially in the medieval period.
As the LP doesn't do executions because honestly military executions are WAAAAY too intense and dark a subject and are NEVER fun nor really a fit subject for RP, plus IC the LP tries to be pretty chill, there has to be a different punishment, but still severe enough for the crime.
Banishment could work, as a sort of self-banishment, but I'd take it a step further: the LP would make it clear to anyone they are in contact (for instance Redwall) that a deserter from the Long Patrol should not be welcomed and sheltered in any place that expects the Long Patrol's friendship, and that any Long Patrol hare who encounters a deserter has two options: A, arrest the deserter and return them to Salamandastron to face whatever punishment the Badger Lord meets out (like formal banishment), or B, make sure the deserter is a banished outcast in any place the LP has a presence in.

The latter can apply to part of Elbio's IC role at Redwall; he's there to enforce Zolomon's banishment from any place the LP watches over, including Redwall.
Also, if Zolomon rejoins the Mossflower Defenders, then the LP will refuse to work with the MD until Zolomon is either returned to the LP or cast out by the MD

All of this provides a heck of a lot of material for RP and IC drama, which is why I like the idea XD

ALSO!
With all of this there should also be an understanding that Zolomon can never rejoin the LP

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-03-15 02:54:16 PM)

#34 2021-03-15 02:50:32 PM

LeeJ

If he comes north, Adrian will not hesitate to arrest him.

This hinges on Adrian, Lossow, and Monty somehow learning the truth, however.

Characters: Lee, Lacota, Thomas, William, Adrian, Varus, Abel

#35 2021-03-15 03:00:46 PM

oz

Think Zolomon is going AWOL then! Should be intresting seeing as he will be skipping out on Quinten lecture time tongue

I play:

#36 2021-03-16 06:43:40 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I don't want all that IC drama for Zolomon.  Having him ICly banished, while making good IC sense, seems extreme, sad, and lonely.  Like, nobody could offer him hospitality or help?  That completely goes against Redwall's charter, for one thing.  That would put the Abbey in a HUGE moral dilemma.  Plus....WOW.  Banishment?  I mean, Marek was banished from Redwall, but that's because he conquered it and murdered people.  I just...wow.  I'm not sure I want that for Zolomon since he's struggling with what honestly is a mental illness.  I'm not sure how to put my thoughts about this into words. 

How can the characters reconcile the Abbey charter with what Terrence mentioned about how Salamandastron will insist that nobody help Z at all??

What all has happened along these lines ICly?  I am sorely behind on my homework, so I've been focusing on that.  I'm a tad behind on MUCK stuff.

#37 2021-03-16 07:04:23 PM

oz

I made a post to discuss Zolomon AWOL...ideas ect can be there,  it's the Zolomon is AWOL post in LP group

I play:

#38 2021-03-16 08:35:22 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

#39 2021-03-18 03:49:16 PM

Log-A-Log

Elbio is a Lt. now....log of it up later

Fighter/RW Hare(Lt)

if needed that info for the lists

#40 2021-07-17 09:27:51 AM

oz

Updated lists on forum page. 

We still need history  and personality  info for
Quinten
Adrian
Sola

IF helps you can forum mail them to me or Terrence

I will will get Cole and Slaw written up

Also Velm needs moved to former members

Last edited by oz (2021-07-17 09:36:17 AM)

I play:

#41 2021-07-17 03:01:37 PM

Ol'random
Website

Did Velm's player leave?

#42 2021-07-17 06:46:44 PM

Log-A-Log

Think so yeah sad

#43 2021-08-25 09:46:46 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

which would you rather run:
fighter?
healer?
runner?

what job do you envision your hare doing?  fighting?  helping the sick and injured?  taking messages and scouting ahead?  what would be most fun for you?  the answers to those questions would be the best way of determining what job your hare gets.  smile

#44 2021-08-27 04:36:12 PM

Ol'random
Website

Hello! New hares are always needed! big_smile

Now, to add on to Blisa's reply, here is the link to the Long Patrol page on the main wiki - from there you can find all the pages that are somewhat up kept by myself and Oz

Near the top is "Joining the Patrol!" which is a great way to start out.

After that, the four main pages I suggest checking out to get a general feel for what type of hare you want to play are the Roles and Jobs page (to get a feel for what role you want to fill + other details), the Rank Structure page (to get a feel for the LP ranks and what each means & does). the LP Training Regiment for Recruits page (to get a feel for what a recruit would go through before becoming a private), and the LP Equipment page (to get a feel for what the LP typically uses in the field and stuff).

All the other pages are worth checking out too, with the LP Uniform Page showing what most hares wear and the Recent History of the LP page being honestly the most fun page that I'm working on for the LP (even if it's basically half-way finished).

#45 2021-09-16 01:06:57 PM

Proud LP

sighs,
sorry I had left. Been in some deep depression and was having a bad day....anyhow
Can...Lt. Velm be back?
If not I would understand.....
if he can that be great....I seen the possible rumor of a snack somewhere? What if Lt.Velm....saw it on his way back to the mountiain?...Thats why he has..disappeared? I don't know....another Idea is he took some time off maybe, the big battle making him have flashbacks of that seige at abbey where they lost like 80 % of the hares....

let me know please as I have missed role play and I am sure you all would like your main healer back...and I am sure Donica would like Lt. Velm back as well.

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

#46 2021-09-16 02:13:30 PM

oz

I be ok with you being back, LP does need a Lt at the mountain and healers too!

I play:

#47 2021-09-18 09:53:50 AM

Log-A-Log

Hmmm,
You could always go with Lt. Velm needed time off and Lord Ciocan gave that.  It be good to have a Lt. back in the Mountain for sure.

#48 2021-09-18 03:17:51 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

yeah, i like log-a-log's idea of he was just given some leave for the sake of his mental health.  that way he's not possibly captured by a snake or anything D:

we can work on him maybe have seen clues of the snake if that plot gets off the ground smile

i'm sorry life has been so hard for you.  i understand.  i was in a very dark place for much of my life, and tried to kill myself many times.  i'm glad you came back instead of letting the darkness win <3

#49 2021-10-01 09:25:57 AM

Proud LP

Lt Velm is back soon!

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

#50 2021-10-02 02:01:47 PM

Ol'random
Website

Welcome back!
also it seems Oz already added Velm back to all the current lists yesterday, so thank you oz tongue

Board footer