Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-13 03:12:30 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

The wiki is down! Halp!

When I go to the Wiki, an error page pops up saying that the site is experiencing technical difficulties and that it can not access the database.  Halp!

#2 2020-10-15 05:38:45 PM

Log-A-Log

Re: The wiki is down! Halp!

still down

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#3 2021-01-30 03:37:15 PM

Ol'random
Website

Time to revive this thread as the wiki (via the 'official site' link at the top of the forum index page) has been down for the past few days due to experiencing technical difficulties

Last edited by Ol'random (2021-01-30 03:42:47 PM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#4 2021-01-30 03:39:36 PM

oz

Radio still down too,though radio is separate  I know.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#5 2021-01-31 01:27:43 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Fixed.

Sorry y'all. Dog had puppies and I was too preoccupied to realize the server ran out of space again.

Moved some things and it should be okay for a while.

Here is a puppy pic as an apology!

poopies.jpg

#6 2021-01-31 06:58:15 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

baby animal pictures always work as an apology.

glad it's fixed!!

now if only the same could happen for the radio...

#7 2021-10-10 11:17:15 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

#8 2021-10-15 03:52:52 AM

Ol'random
Website

i promise i'll try and actually do some work for the wiki outside of just the lp if its fixed and feel free to hold me to that

#9 2022-01-24 05:50:43 PM

Ol'random
Website

Hey, so the wiki's once again down just when i wanted to be productive and work on it some more rip - attached are relevant screen shots of the error:

Redwall-Wiki1.png

Redwall-Wiki2.png

#10 2022-01-25 03:56:00 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I get the same error screen on my laptop, and also on my phone, whether I'm on WiFi or my mobile data sad

#11 2022-01-26 12:13:24 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Fixed. Server ran out of space. I’ve been on a fishing trip in the Gulf and didn’t have phone or laptop. Should be all good until it runs out of space again in a few months ;P

#12 2022-02-02 12:06:04 PM

wallace

aeysin wrote:

Fixed. Server ran out of space. I’ve been on a fishing trip in the Gulf and didn’t have phone or laptop. Should be all good until it runs out of space again in a few months ;P

What's it filling up with?

I play Wallace and Adyna, and spoof many more. Page me if you need help.

#13 2022-02-02 07:11:48 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

wallace wrote:

Not working with much storage to begin with and there’s a lot of old junk on there. It fills up every so often with mysql dumps and other backup and log files that eventually get sent elsewhere. Some day I will write a more efficient script to handle it in a way that won’t crash the server when it fills up, but I’ve been living on a mountain with only 3G phone data and a 500mb/month hotspot limit since last April. I fix what I can by tunneling from my phone, but I’m wary of doing any major overhauls without access to a computer with a reliable internet connection tongue

#14 2022-02-21 08:05:30 PM

wallace

aeysin wrote:
wallace wrote:

Not working with much storage to begin with and there’s a lot of old junk on there. It fills up every so often with mysql dumps and other backup and log files that eventually get sent elsewhere. Some day I will write a more efficient script to handle it in a way that won’t crash the server when it fills up, but I’ve been living on a mountain with only 3G phone data and a 500mb/month hotspot limit since last April. I fix what I can by tunneling from my phone, but I’m wary of doing any major overhauls without access to a computer with a reliable internet connection tongue

Glad you're still kicking, but oof, that's pretty rough.

I'd offer to help but I don't know if I'd be much more effective, I'm still spending a day every 3 months trying to remember how I got my Let's Encrypt certs working last time lmao

Last edited by wallace (2022-12-18 01:15:41 PM)

#15 2022-03-08 02:05:04 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

wallace wrote:

I'd offer to help but I don't know if I'd be much more effective, I'm still spending a day every 3 months trying to remember how I got my Let's Encrypt certs working last time lmao

Got a couple weeks off in MO and stealing wifi from the business next door (don't tell!)
Hoping to fix everything before I am "off grid" again.
Beefed up the server. Wrote new backup scripts to delete old files after they've been moved to object storage. Maybe we won't run out of local storage 3 times a year now tongue

certbot is a lifesaver for Let's Encrypt. I run it as a cronjob every day so I don't have to panic and furiously google things every 90.

00 4    * * *   root    certbot renew --post-hook "systemctl reload apache2"

#16 2022-03-12 11:47:09 PM

wallace

aeysin wrote:
wallace wrote:

Got a couple weeks off in MO and stealing wifi from the business next door (don't tell!)
Hoping to fix everything before I am "off grid" again.
Beefed up the server. Wrote new backup scripts to delete old files after they've been moved to object storage. Maybe we won't run out of local storage 3 times a year now tongue

certbot is a lifesaver for Let's Encrypt. I run it as a cronjob every day so I don't have to panic and furiously google things every 90.

00 4    * * *   root    certbot renew --post-hook "systemctl reload apache2"

I have a tiny virtual server so I use lighttpd, which seems to be mortal enemies with certbot. acme.sh isn't much better -- its favorite thing seems to be to pitching a fit and making .well-known/acme-challenge/ stop working. (It's not that the bear dances well, it's that it dances at all.)

How's the farm life treating you? I haven't been on one in decades and I mostly remember (1) the cold, and (2) the lack of running water.

Last edited by wallace (2022-12-18 01:15:08 PM)

#17 2022-03-16 06:18:20 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Aaaah. I have not worked with lighttpd… now you got me interested, but will save that for the next major overhaul in five years hahah. Stuck with ol’ trusty this go-around to avoid time sunk constantly fixing / fighting with things.

Farm life is good! Had a brief winter break but headed back out shortly. You get used to the weather. Running water hasn’t been a problem so far but potable water can get tricky.

#18 2022-03-26 11:34:20 AM

wallace

aeysin wrote:

Aaaah. I have not worked with lighttpd… now you got me interested, but will save that for the next major overhaul in five years hahah. Stuck with ol’ trusty this go-around to avoid time sunk constantly fixing / fighting with things.

It's pretty stripped down and sometimes I wish I had features like .htaccess, since lighttpd only has one big configuration script loaded at startup and you have to do vhosts and url matching yourself... but I'm on a low-memory system so I'm trying to stay minimal.

Farm life is good! Had a brief winter break but headed back out shortly. You get used to the weather. Running water hasn’t been a problem so far but potable water can get tricky.

Nice, glad it's working out! I've lived with pretty sulfurous water, and drinking water is kind of important...

Last edited by wallace (2022-12-18 01:14:24 PM)

Board footer