Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-03-03 06:57:55 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Long Patrol - Casual Scenes and Events

Ah, but he'd only be able to be in with the leverets for half of the thing; he'd be forced to at bare minimum leave when the 2nd caretaker squad came.  We could say Felicity somehow (with her friendship magic?) convinced him to go for part of the ball, if you'd like to still RP there, but you're not sure if Dom would go or not.  **Shrugs**

#27 2020-11-20 12:57:38 PM

Mother Krisha

I have been thinking of an idea for Donica...just not sure how it would happen  BUT be different and interesting to play........

She ends up paralyzed waist down ....she ends up in a wheelchair like the rest of her life but she still is a skilled healer and useful for her healer skills, and maybe learn some other helpful skill. So any fighting days be ended BUT would not mean she no longer be a patrol hare, wouldn't think anyways.....thoughts?

#28 2020-11-20 02:03:55 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

while the idea of such a horrible accident is sad, i like your idea that she could still be a lp hare big_smile  i wonder, though, at the fact that Salamandastron is full of staircases; if she was stuck in a wheelchair, that would confine her to only that one floor/level....forever.  but it's still a cool idea that a healer could still actively be in the patrol even if they were disabled big_smile

#29 2020-11-20 05:27:56 PM

Ol'random
Website

It would be rather difficult around the stairs...
Now, as for when or how it could happen, I have been thinking of starting up semi-regular training trips for the LP to take with the end goal being a smallish scale TP where once the LP is strong enough again, they try to retake Halyard via building a fort there as a base of sorts to clean up the town as its currently (at least from what I gather from RP) well, obi-wan says it best. The locals and the less than savory sorts I can't imagine would be all that happy to have the LP back again, so it probably would cause conflict, plus having a base for the LP to garrison would give us the option of eiether sending hares there for a couple weeks either as town patrollers (as a sort of punishment after the town is fixed up because it'll be boring as heck afterwards) or on leave - instead of hares having to make the nearly half-day trip there (and nearly half-day trip back), they can stay in the town itself safely for the night.

Donica could have any number of things happen during the training trips, any fighting that happens in Halyard later, or even if the fort is ever built an accident while helping out with construction.

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

#30 2020-11-22 02:47:46 PM

Mother Krisha

maybe not then on Donica

#31 2020-11-22 09:58:42 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

rps we need to do:
1) a training one where i finally introduce whisowski, male chauvinistic pig, to the world!
2) one where terrence is left in charge of the leverets for no apparent reason...and of course this would/could be the day the lp dab decides to get up to shenanigans >:D

any other ideas??

#32 2020-11-23 11:45:12 AM

Mother Krisha

Not relaxing but......a hurricane like storm hits Westen Shores with high wind..ice cold rain....then goes up river to visit mossflower as Blizzard...late December, and read post explaining in redwall group too.

#33 2020-11-23 01:25:15 PM

Log-A-Log

yes.....gonna be neat. It could do damage in Halyard

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#34 2020-11-23 01:52:32 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

#35 2020-11-24 02:38:32 PM

Elmef

I was talking to Krisha about the Storm on the shore and blizzard
It should be a good fun one

#36 2020-11-24 10:18:36 PM

oz

Yeah hits the shore and goes upriver in like 2 days...and heard we might find a traveling hare that gets stuck in all this ...course we will have to figure out how Lt Velm is even known to be out there....guess Velm can work on that part..there is always random beasts that could find him and be like...yeah the abbey is best to take him too or someone sees him while on the wall...why is someone on the wall?...ummm...they are  dumb?:P IDK!

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#37 2020-11-27 04:21:28 PM

Mother Krisha

I just read some stuff on hurricans....floods happen..the shore could get sea surge..not sure it would  affect the mountain...though could affect the catacombs maybe? I don't know..you know like that lower level where catacombs are...the boxing chamber..cellar is there BUT things in cellar could be good and sealed so again I don't know if would get to the Mt. or not...then again the beach and sea is  like....right there very nearby (shrugs)...parts of Halyard flood  near docks for sure....also Rufus wants his nest on the cracter to be destroyed and maybe a couple loose boulders  trap him as he said he has it under a sort of underhanging area.

#38 2020-11-27 05:36:37 PM

Mother Krisha

Elmef wrote:

How about Tuesday 8th December for the Storm on the Western Shore

And Thursday 10th December for the Blizzard to hit Redwall.

Some ideas I have are:

-------

Storm on the shore front: Storm is violent, throwing sand and rocks all over. The mountain has to batten down the hatches and prepare.
But a ship sailing out to sea is driven onto the rocks just off shore. Normally people would wait for the storm to be over to go help but the Hares in the mountain can see the ship is stuck on the rocks, and it is being broken apart.

So they have to mount a daring mid-storm rescue during the storm!

------

Blizzard at Redwall on the 10th
It is a howling storm, snow and ice,

The tree house can be knocked out of its tree
The weathervane is knocked off the highest roof
The abbey is buried under 10 feet of snow and entirely cut off from the rest of Redwall so everyone in the Abbey is stuck.
Velm can be rescued/found buried in the sow just outside the main gates.

So we have a bit of a "Snowed in" episode of Redwall.

Put here so those who might just look on the redwall  post  seen here for western shore part! Gonna be  awsome...well OOCLY..not ICLY

#39 2020-11-27 05:56:42 PM

Log-A-Log

cool

I play:  Xavier ( Log-A-log of GUOSIM) Elbio (Lt.,Archer, and Fighter in Long Patrol and RW Residential Hare)

#40 2020-11-27 08:58:47 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

i can not tell you guys how happy it makes me when y'all do real research!  excellent work, my friends big_smile

i think the idea of part of the lowest parts of the mountain getting flooded makes a lot of sense.  maybe that's how they discover that there is a tunnel they need to seal?  and it wouldn't have to wreck anything; there is that underground spring thing.  maybe just it could get flooded -- i believe it is the lowest level of the entire mountain, so that could work while also freaking out the poor hares and ciocan.

we need to figure out who finds poor rufus.

#41 2020-11-27 10:09:57 PM

Log-A-Log

the water could come in main entranceway from beach maybe wouldn't have to be some hidden tunnel as that is likely already sealed.  Or they just avoid flooded lower level.

#42 2020-11-27 10:25:27 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

i think the flooding coming in the main entrance makes a lot of sense, too, especially if it has an exceptional storm surge.  would that ruin their food?  idk.  this has a lot of interesting factors to take into consideration big_smile  i like all these tiny details to consider (i think).

#43 2020-11-28 04:48:22 AM

Elmef

There are store rooms full of food and water barrels down in the basement
So we could end up with the mountain short on food for the winter

The training room is also down there so we could lose a bunch of equipment as well. Especially if a storm surge rushes in through the escape tunnel as some people have suggested. It could flood the basement before anyone really notices.

We should also consider what this will do to Halyard as well.

#44 2020-11-28 08:13:22 AM

oz

there is boxing chamber and archery  range in lower level...springs and celler and catocomes...training area would be safe from surge . Hmms hates raison food hee...they would be fine as could lose like 30% of food supply so not a lot.....hares may think so though, ha they just have to eat less this winter and be REALLY glad come spring. As for Halyard maybe some damaged boats. flood REAL BAD there as they right agaist water. Maybe part of taven roof comes off..fish market be messed up for weeks. that's all for now I can think of.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#45 2020-11-28 11:32:41 AM

Log-A-Log

yeah
they would lose some archer stuff looks like and some things in boxing area.
Also if we save the beasts on a ship...we should lecture them for going out in a storm....like we had to save you morons tongue

#46 2020-11-28 03:23:14 PM

Ol'random
Website

not to rain on everyone's parade (no pun intended) but I feel like there's one major thing being over looked when it comes to the flooding: Salamandastron is a literal mountain tongue

Here's artsy map of it from the Wiki, though I'm not at all sure how accurate it is: Rwsalamandastron.jpg
A mountain is usually at least 1,000 feet above sea level (though that would just mean a large hill according to some ....and me), though I'd imagine it's more like 2,000-3,000 feet as it is an inactive and mostly un-eroded volcano - why is that important? because from the descriptions in the books and on the MUCK, it seems that nearly all of the interior of Salamandastron is clustered near the top which makes sense as, the further one tries to dig/build underneath a mountain, the harder and harder it gets, and it isn't dirt or sand - it's solid rock. To get below sea level would require pretty much modern machines which we can safely rule out anyone in RW having ever. Maybe the oldest/deepest/longest parts of the old tunnels of Sala would be able to flood as they do go down (but more than likely all run close to the surface sloping down instead of straight down). i might try and make a simple map of a normal mountain to try and show this later...
Even the largest surge of water from hurricanes don't go higher than roughly 30 feet (usually) - it would break upon the slopes of the mountain long before reaching anything within Sala. Mountains are massive and no matter how much digging the LP has done over the years, I doubt it would be deep enough to be affected by flooding from a storm surge, plus any flooding that did occur in the tunnels would more than likely drain out almost as quickly as it would come (n account of everything being high up and sloping down towards sea level).
Perhaps rainwater coming in from the crater could do the trick, but considering the time of year - December - it'd be snowing up there.

That also touches on the other thing I wanted to add: the temperature. Considering that it's winter it will be freezing, though not as cold as it could be due to the sea (as large bodies of water regulate temps of coastal land) - except once again, Sala is a mountain. Even a change in roughly thirty feet (~9 meters) can have a drop in temperature as large as 20 degrees, especially if there is a mountain involved, so we shouldn't forget that. Pls mountains do weird things to weather as even a lone one like Sala is basically an unmoving pillar of stone that will block a lot of wind, rain, and whatever else a storm has to offer reaching high up into the sky (compared to the land around it). Think of it as kinda how a rock effects stream current and can make drastic changes to the flow of water, the wind and rain of a storm act somewhat similar around massive objects like mountains as water does flowing around rocks, just on a far far bigger scale.
tl;dr:
Sala is too tall to flood any of the living areas, the storm surge couldn't make it up that far, if flooding were to occur it wouldn't last at all, and while the temperature around Sala and the sea might not be as cold as somewhere inland such as Redwall, it would still be freezing out as it's is winter (the water might not be frozen but it would still kill someone trying to take a dip - if the waves and rain didn't get them first).
sorry for the wall of text I just felt we all forgot Sala is a literal mountain and that mountains are freaking HUGE and since i've lived near mountains for most of my life i needed to say something XD

Edit: also considering the rescue mission, I can safely predict Terrence will advocate leaving the sailors to their fate because not only is the water extremely dangerous due to the cold, wind, and rain, but that the sailors did arguably one of the stupidest things in non-tropical water: going to sea in the winter, especially in late November/December. It would waste too many hares for sailors who shouldn't be sailors

Last edited by Ol'random (2020-11-28 03:29:20 PM)

#47 2020-11-28 04:07:58 PM

oz

I dont think Sala is very high...dont know though. Also not too far to the beach at entry...yes most things are higher up of course. I was always told winters in western shore are mild usually...a little snow maybe but not a lot. And mainly ice be around.  Maybe no flood then..as for helping a ship...(Shurgs)

I play:

#48 2020-11-28 05:24:34 PM

Log-A-Log

I have no clue how tall it is...but there is mountains close to sea shore in places. I say avoid most flooding...could  flood some lower levels as said maybe from some sea side  forgotten entry ...or not, we can decide.

Halyard likely in big trouble with a hurricane like storm and high winds on shores all over.

No deaths need to happen....unless say some beasts in Halyard died they didnt know that they hear about.

Hmmms not sure on ship..boat either we can figure that out too...but yes get inside and stay safe....exciting.

#49 2020-11-28 05:28:31 PM

Ol'random
Website

I should clarify what I said about the ship rescue was purely how Terrence will react IC because I think we should do it tongue

#50 2020-11-28 05:47:37 PM

oz

Ha....Terrence can lecture who ever is on the ship...now a couple of crew could die still...no hares need to die as we have had enough deaths of hares....couse could have some recovering in the infirm couple weeks .

Also there is Rufus....hope a healer knows how to tend to a bird...oocly chated with him and he might end up with broken wing....that should be intresting  , grump...hurt...wet cold bird no hare wants near...like someone find his Lordship...yeah.

I play:

Board footer