Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-10 04:54:53 PM

Montamillion

An Extra Cookie - Long Patrol RP, 6-9-20

Characters:
Dominik - LP Private   
Julia - Leveret, Felicity's sister
Koda - New LP Recruit

Scene: Two friends search for and find each other in the mess hall, conversation ensues, and extra cookies are handed out! big_smile
----------------------------

Koda is fairly new to the mountain, he has gone threw some training and now its time to eat some food, he isnt sure if its lunch or dinner but he is hungry and he knows that.

It is lunch time in the Mountain, and the leverets are in the Dining Chamber with their Caretakers. They have been behaving for the past few weeks, which is usually a very suspicious thing. But for now they are continuing to behave. Julia in particular is being good and eating her food like a lady, but her green eyes move as she continues to look around the room for someone. She hugs her hare dolly close while she eats with her free paw, not noticing that their matching blue dresses are both quite wrinkled. The auburn-furred Dibbun is more worried about finding whoever it is she's searching for to worry about trivialities such as wrinkled clothes.

Dominik ducks into the room, the massive hare pausing near the doorway to take a look around the mess hall. Eyes scanning all the various faces, he too seems to be searching for someone. As large as he is, he always tended to make an entrance whether he was intending to or not, and once again eyes turn in his direction as he steps in. Quite used to it at this point, the stares go unacknowledged, and the others simply return to whatever it was they were doing. He does notice how well behaved all the leverets are being, however...it was the same situation in the classroom as well, there had been no major incidents for quite awhile. Hmmm. Koda is spotted as well, seemingly a new face, and Dom gives a nod in his direction, before his eyes return to scanning the room.

Koda steps back a little and nods "Ummmmhallo thar..sur" He says as he gets more food and a drink and is sat down to eat his meal.

The leverets are at the same table as the new guy. Julia waves to Koda after stuffing the rest of her pastie in her mouth, then she waves more vigorously at Dominik as he enters. "Dommy!" she says through a mouthful of food, then is chastised by a Caretaker. "Don't talk wi' y'mouth full! Swallow it first!" Scowling, the little doe hurriedly chews and swallows her food, then waves at him again. "Dommy! Dommy, come sit by /meeeee/!"

Dominik's expression lights up in a grin as he hears the familiar voice calling out his name, his eyes falling on the table of leverets. He makes his way in that direction, the large hare hearing Koda's greeting and giving a low, rumbling chuckle in response. "Sir? Is not sir. Only Dom." The buck smiles, before he takes Julia up on her offer and maneuvers his way towards where she is sitting. "Hello, leetle Julia!" he replies, his tone making it quite obvious that he is very fond of the much smaller leveret. "Vould sit down, but...bottom is too big..." he jokes, crouching down to gently give the small doe's ears a playful ruffling with a large paw. "Is having lunch, yes?"

"Den pull up a chair dat fits!" Julia instructs him, nodding and grabbing her fork to attack her salad with. She actually likes her veggies, so that's helpful. "Lunch is yummy," she informs him, taking a bite of salad. "I lookin' for /Lissie/, but I no /see/ her. I wish she was here," the doe becomes sad. "I /likes/ it when she eats lunch wif me....I miss her." It's literally only been 4 hours since she last saw her sister, but I guess time means nothing to Dibbuns.

Dominik finds Julia's simple advice quite helpful, and so the large hare's eyes scan the room for a chair that is adequate enough for him to sit in. He spies the largest chair in the room, which he'd made for himself awhile back to give him a place to sit...and he heads over and grabs said chair before bringing it over and plopping himself down on it. "Yes, is very good idea, Julia!" he replies with a smile. "Lunch is usually alvays yummy, am glad nothink has changed..." he chuckles. "Lissie is busy, she has grown-up things to do, remember." He notes that sad look, and so the large hare makes his best silly face, sticking his tongue out at the leveret and crossing his eyes. "You know vat? She has told me -many- times, that her most faaavorite time is getting to eat lunch vith her sister." The buck gives a sage nod, looking serious, before his expression dissolves into a smile. "You know vat else? Is Dom's favorite time, too...!"

Julia watches him get his chair, which rivals only Ciocan's in size. (It's a very big hare chair.) She looks up at him, her eyes big and round. "/Really/??" She is filled with wonder! "You /like/ eatin' lunch with meee?" She then remembers something, and frowns. "Bu' whot about /Grace/? She annoying."

Dominik laughs, the sound booming yet cheerful. Which is much better than his growl, at least! And much less terrifying. "Yes, -really!-" he confirms to the leveret with a firm nod. "If is not true, vhy vould Dom even be here now, hmmm?" he chuckles softly. "Julia has -very- good manners, and is very good at listening, and so is a very good vun to eat lunch vith!" As Grace is mentioned, the buck hmmms. "Leetle Grace...yes, she sometimes can have temper, but...vunce you get to know her, she is very sweet." He thinks it'll likely be wise to change the subject, and so his attention turns to Julia's plate. "So, vat is leetle Julia havink for lunch today, hmm?"

Changing the subject is probably a very wise thing to do, yes! Julia was about to comment on that, but then he successfully distracts her. She points to each thing in turn. "I has a salad wif croutons an' these things" (sprouts) "an' sconesies an' pasties an' soup wif /cheese/!" She picks up the last thing, a cookie. "An' I has to eat /aaaallllll/ of dat afore I can has my cookie." She sets down her dessert and holds up her cup. "I also has peach fizz. It super yummy!!" She takes a drink of it.

Dominik looks over the leveret's spread, the large buck's eyes shifting to each food item as Julia points it out. "Wow, zat is a lot of foods for such a small hare. But, you know zat if you eat it all, you vil one day grown up to be as big as Dom, yes?" The hare gives her a grin. "Zen you can have as many desserts as you vant, before dinnertime!" He leans down to almost-whisper in Julia's ear. "But, vil make you deal. If there is things Julia does not vant to eat, Dom vil help. Zat vay, can get to cookie -faster-. How about it, yes?" He sits back up again, fixing her with an expectant look! And he's supposed to be one of the adults in the room. Feh! wink

Julia's eyes widen. "I cans be as big as /you/?" She tries to imagine it: would she be able to rip trees out by the roots? could she arm wrestle Ciocan into submission? could she swim and swim and swim and never get tired? could she hide in the catacombs for days on end and not get in trouble? So many possibilities run through her mind! But she is quickly distracted by the buck's offer. She gets an offended look and proves that she is pure hare, through and through. "NoooOOOooo! Gets you own food, Dommy! Dis is miiiiine!!"

Dominik gives Julia a serious nod at her question. "Mmmhmm! If Julia eats allll her foods, and makes sure to do allll her chores...vun day, she can be as beeg as Dom!" As she refuses his offer to sneak food from her, he gives the leveret a big grin. "Is good, vas only a test, Julia. Must eat -all- her foods, if she vants to grow up to be like Dom..." he nods. "Vil get extra cookie now, too, for behaving so vell!" The large buck didn't have any particular confirmation of this, but...if he has to make it happen, he can make it happen.

Nibbling on the last remnants of her food, Julia thinks for a minute, then nods. "I wants ta be big like you an' Lissie, so's I'll eats /aaaall/ my food!" She has finished all her real food and can now finally move on to what is obviously the most important part of her meal: the cookie. "I can has extra cookies???" She looks positively thrilled by this prospect. "I been good! I even no fight with /Grace/." That's because she's been refusing to talk to her, but this is probably for the best.

Dominik gives Julia a nod, "Yes, Dom make promise to Julia. Say to eat all of food, and vil get extra cookie, and Dom vil not break promise. Is a hare of his word..." He reaches up and places a paw over his heart, wiggling both his ears at Julia with a grin. "Julia eat all of food, so...Julia get extra cookie." The buck reaches down and produces said extra cookie, before he slides it over to the leveret. "Oh, Dom beliefs leetle Julia. No fighting vith leetle Grace is good thing, is very proud of you..." The buck gives her a smile and a nod. "Is sure Lissie is proud of, too."

Julia pounces on that extra cookie like she'll never see another one in her entire life! The buck knows how to get to a leveret's heart, that's for sure. "Fanks, Dommy!" She sets it down on her plate and hopes up to give him a biiiiig hug. Accepting his praise with a huge grin, she sits back down and eats both of her cookies, sitting a little taller and a little straighter as she practically glows with joy! And when they get back to the classroom, she sits as far away from Grace as she possibly can to continue avoiding fights with her....

“You will find joy, frustration and sorrow in your quest. Never forget that friendship and loyalty are more precious than riches...Happiness can be brief, but it knows no time in the land of dreams.”

Owner of: Monty, Dominik, and Grau

Board footer