Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-20 03:00:16 PM

Willow

Talk in the infirmary - LP Log

With:
Zolomon
Gregorian

Zolomon is awake. He did have the Badger Lord down already to chat with him, basically try to chat anyways but the badger gave up and had to tend to other important matters of the mountain. The corporal was alone now, having passed out due to stess, not eating well and lack of sleep.He stares at the wall right now.

Gregorian heard of the incident pretty quickly and gave it a while for Zolomon to actually rest before he finally made an appearance. A quick greeting nod to the healers and he heads for the corporal's bed "Yah should probably be sleepin' right now"   

Zolomon looks up as he shrugs" Sleep is hard sur, sorry...would take a run but can't yet, guess they are afriad I will not come back"   

Gregorian pulls a chair over to sit as he talks "Yah passed out from exhaustion lad, a run is the last thing yah need. Yah need tah rest. Eat somethin'. Doesn't do for a hare tah starve. Practically against the blood"   

Zolomon frowns as he hasnt really acted much hare like. " Not been hungry really and they are gonna make me stay in here couple days likely...wot ever not like doing much."   

Gregorian sighs quietly "Yeah, well they're worried. Beasts aren't supposed tah faint like that...we're all a bit worried. I...undahstand wot yah goin' through. Sometimes work helps. Sometimes it doesn't. Just take some time off for a while"   

Zolomon says, "Time off and wot...maybe should just work...or..quit" HE frowns, his mind full of a lot right now." Cant train no one right now...supposedly I need a break from it""   

Gregorian shakes his head "No, I don't think yah should quit. Yah a good hare but yah mind's not in it right now. Undahstandably so. These things take time tah get past"   

Zolomon folds his arms over his chest " And it could bally well get worse, wots next on de list of things to happen...wot next" He refushes to cry, he had one small breakdown so far but it didnt last too long." I can quit...and..and go be a hermit somewhere "   

Gregorian flomps back in his chair and stares at the floor for a moment "...She didn't die. That's somethin'...And, well, if she went off like this it's probably best yah didn't marry her first...Eh. Hermitism gets dull fast and usually results in drinkin'"   

Zolomon sighs. " Maybe...no idea, knew a beast that was a hermit...he sort of turnee out ok...well msking friends helpedxhim gues."   

Gregorian gestures vaguely at the air "Exactly. Hermits are miserable sods until someone comes along and forces them tah be their friend...Seems easiah tah be done with beasts sometimes but it nevah really makes yah happy"

Zolomon nods " I...will think on staying, I mean would it effect the patrol or would i be missed"   

"Both. We need good hares, good archahs and yah bring a little personality tah the place when we get a bit stiff in the ranks sometimes" Greg shakes his head "I hope yah don't really considah leavin'. Friends is wot yah need right now"   

Zolomon frowns " I have few friends...and most high ranks,seem tA dislike me. I..." He keeps the frown " Will let ya know,by tomorrow night if I..stay or go elsewhere, maybe I will rejion de Defenders "   

Gregorian frowns slightly at the floor. It felt like one conversation and he'd somehow made Zolomon consider quitting. Of course Greg was blaming himself! "The highah up yah go the hardah it is tah make a friend of them...Sergeant seems tah be the limit, everythin' ovah that seems too...responsible" a little shake of his head and Greg sighs "Just think it through. I know yah've had a bad time of it sometimes but the patrol still does good here and yah can still do a lot of good with it...Just don't decide anythin' too fast, eh?"   

Zolomon is always one thats honest " Not gonna make any promises sorry, surprised they even made me corporal even."   

Gregorian shakes his head "Yah handled yahself well with the toads. Got out tah tell us where tah find everyone. Yah've had a few good, shinin' moments and if yah taught everyone tah use a bow like yah us front line brawlahs like me wouldn't have anythin' left tah do, all the vermin would be shot before we got tah them"   

Zolomon says, "I...have taught some classes on longbow and some have gotten a lot better and not like can teach the higher ups...that be...odd " He looks at the celing again." Sides...there is others to protect everyone, your still have 1 fast runner." He Closes his eyes as he is tried now."   

Gregorian grunts "By the time yah get tah be a highah up yah might be too old tah learn new tricks" he looks a little worried but nods as Zolomon looks tired "Just...get some rest and think on it...don't rush intah anythin'" a little sigh and he gets up, heading for the door.

#2 2020-04-20 09:11:55 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Talk in the infirmary - LP Log

Gregorian now needs to go tell Dom the same stuff he told Zolomon wink

In all seriousness, I like how Z's player is handling the psychological aspect of this.  It seems realistic to me smile

Board footer