Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-23 05:05:22 PM

Elbio Hare and Alts

Talk In The Infirm

Who:

Vilfred- Log-A-Log

Xander- Leader of Mossflower Defenders and Owner of Redthorn Tavern

LOG:

Vilfred had sleep a lot but was now awake and holding close his newborn son.He was learning h0w to give him a bottle, he had some troubles but what was important is he was learning.

Xander had not heard much of what has gone on in the infirm, then he been in and out of sleep himself and after a few days here could sit up finally as he looked over at Log-A-Log and noticed "Your dibbun was born?" Least he is assumeing it's his.   

Vilfred nods, "Yes..."A simple reply as the infant cries a little and Log-A-Log rocks them slightly making a shhhhhing noise"Is boy...a son, not named yet but will." He decides to walk over to where the badger can see the tiny shrew newborn.   

Xander glaces over and smiles "You and Lyra must be happy, parents...it gets easier later turst me...well sort of "He chuckles a little "Where...is Lyra anyways?"   

Vilfred stands there, quiet and silent before he speaks "Lyra is.....is gone" A single tear falls, he has cried enough in the woods and once he was back.He sits down in a chair by the bed,holding the newborn close.   

Xander frowns at this news "Gone?" It takes a few morments till he figures it out and it only makes him frown more.."W..wot?" He looks at the tiny shrew and back to Log-A-Log.   

Vilfred frowns "Is not...knowing fer sure...baby took..while to come, she lost....lot of blood, not supposed to lose so..much, some yes but not...a lot"He sighs, he is tried,"She was..so pale...weak....she said my name, she never used that unless she was worried or...grumpy, she seemed...scared maybe."He shakes his head"She rested and then used what engry had to..deliver son and then she passed out and the healers made me leave"   

Xander frowns "They...knew something was..wrong.I know the healers here tried thier best, they had to of...to try and save her"

Vilfred says, "Healers did what could....yes but she died....she seemed...fine just maybe tried day before but was fine...then next day pain and then signs of baby coming....then...."Well the rest is known."

Xander frowns, this makes him concerned for someone else now, "If..you need to..t..talk about it..talking helps..sometimes"

Vilfred says, "Is knowing..."He watches the badger. "I am ok....and not want make you worry fer anyone else"

Xander nods, but he still worries"Had..she had problems before?" He frowns "Sorry...you dont have to answer that..I just know....Krisha had been with child before....lost it before it was even born, she had been tried and that day was ill and..things happen really fast, I was told she could of died had we not been at Willowbark...but traveling at the time may of caused problems."

Vilfred answers "No...no issues..first child"He frowns as its the only child now."I am sure Krisha will be ok..she would know if problems were to show up again yes?"   

Xander says, "Yeah..she would and she isn't gonna travel outside the abbey and she avoids steps when can and she isn't lifting anything, even dibbuns right now."

Vilfred says, "Likely wise idea"He looks down at the sleeping newborn "Still will need to figure out name."   

Xander nods "I am sure your come up with a nice name, that fits the son of Log-A-log"He smiles "Furture leader many many seasons from now"   

Vilfred smiles a little "Yes. one day strong leader but not for long while is hoping.I plan be around long time yes"

Xander says, "I hope so, I hope I am around a long time too...weather its as a warrior or...who knows maybe an order beast"   

Vilfred says, "You could be order beast maybe....could make good one never know"He yawns and goes to place his on in his crib and sits nearby"I wil have to see when healers allow me to take son to where shrews are"   

Xander says, "Maybe, but then...welll we will have to see I suppose as I dont think I could not be a warrior, its too much in my..way of life."

Vilfred says, "one never knows what life brings us, sometimes it is surprise and that surprise is not always being good one"

Xander frowns "No, your right on that and sometimes decisions can not be so.....wise"Like his back and top of his head now, one claw barely missing an eye, even if it was the one already damaged it still hurt alot.He could of make it worse even if he had paniced or fought back, he did neither.He was not sure what the punishment the old sparrow was gonna give him but he figured it was some sort of pain, he was lucky it wasnt death and by the way it begun it very likely could of been death.   

Vilfred says, "So..what was..happening with sparra....one of my shrews seen and told me, but not many details."

Xander frowns "They...thought I ate..sparrow and I told them no it was woodpidgion...it was still a bird they said..I needed punsihed they said and Lilymoore came and I believe she saved my life..cause I think they wanted me dead not...."He sighs "Seriously scared down the back and on the top of my head"   

Vilfred listens "I do say...ouch...but yes could of been worse yes"   

Xander says, "Krisha is upset with me and...I dont blaime her."   

Vilfred says, "Well likely she will not be mad forever"   

Xander nods "I...I just worry,maybe more so now since..."He shakes her head "i dont want Krisha to die in childbirth, she could of easyly before..she could...this time....I worry about it, a lot.A lot of beasts though Northstar was our child, I mean she was but we adopted her very close to the time Krisha lost our first child."   

Vilfred says, "I am remebering Northstar...a small bit yes and try not to worry many many beasts have newborns and not die, yes some...do , it is true and some get till and recover, sometimes the child dies...sometimes both but worring about what may or may not happen will not be of..helping you out. correct?"

Xander lays down slowly "No it wont help to worry and the healers know so...they can be ready and she is being extra carefull as she can, so maybe her leaving the room when she was getting...mad at me was good, a way to calm down..stresss is not good"   

Vilfred says, "Stress is never being good thing, for any beast.I say we get some sleep..you and me....and my son,is good idea?"

Xander nods "Good idea Log-A-Log...sounds like a plan"   

Vilfred nods and lays down to sleep, he will likely need a nap and then he can check on his shrewss and maybe get to take his son to the room the shrews have been useing.

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

Board footer