Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-22 07:51:40 PM

Elbio Hare and Alts

Sometimes Life isn't fair-GUOSIM LOG

Who:

Vilfred-Log-A-Log

Lyra- Mate to Log-A-Log,Fighter

Leigh- Healer Shrew

Berwin-Main Cook of Guosim

Vlora- Fighter Shrew

Gorvenalus-Abbey Recorder and part time Healer

Bandit- A Fat Hrmless Fox

Random Infirm Healer- Spoofed

Some other GUOSIM SHREWS-spoofed

LOG:

The infirm was a buzz of activity and trying to make since of it all, was Log-A-LOG as he had a worried expression on his face.

Leigh stood beside Lyra "Ok...Lyra just rest, and take deep breaths if you can" She sounded worried, in fact she has sent one of the shrews off to get a couple abbey healers.

Lyra was  and in pain, she was also so very pale and seemed barely awake "It..hurts..and I'm...tried, maybe a rest for a little while" She noticed pain in the middle of the night, that got worse and it was only assumed the baby wanted born, a couple weeks early but that shouldnt be an issue after all, what was an issue was it was almost dinner time and she still had not given birth to the child.

Berwin peeked in and  then went back to the hallway and shruged "I do not know, I am no healer"

Vlora hmmmms"Something's wrong or does having a child take this long, if so count me out on ever having a dibbun..I will just adopt a child"

Vilfred stands and goes over to her again and takes her paw"Lyra, please do be saying something to me, I am here..it will be..being alright yes?" He looks to Leigh not liking her worried look.

A couple abbey healers come in, along with them they found Brother Gorvenalus who has helped deliver dibbuns before, well at his old hom in Willowbark he helped and frowns when he sees Lyra "Alright who ever is not a healer, please exit and we can come chat with you later."

Lyra shivers and her grip on Vilfred's paw is weak,even though she seems in a lot of pain.."Vilfred...." She only uses his name when its important or  when she is very stressed and worried.

Leigh looks to the beaver and others "Leave..."A couple shrews mutter and leave, she looks to the healers "I am the only healer of the GUOSIM...I stay"

Berwin puts up his paws and is into the hall with Vlora,"Come Vlora we can wait in the Great Halland maybe have tea and scones,I am sure all is well"

Vlora nods "Tea is fine, but not scones....maybe little cakes,with mellocreame"

Vilfred frowns"I am being right here love, what is it"He smiels a little "We will be being parents soon."He gets a rag and lays it on her forehead.

Gorvenalus looks over at Vilfred and sighs "You can stay, for now but if its needed we may have to ask you to leave"

Lyra smiles weakly and whimpers, but she sounds so weak, when a wave of pain hits her, she shivers and goes to grasp his paw but its not much of a grasp "I'm......s....sorry...."

Leigh looks more concern and nods to Lyra "Ok Lyra, lets do this...ok?"

Another couple hours pass but the newborn shrew is born, it's a boy and appears healthy, which is good news. The not so good news is soon after the newborn wasborn, Lyra had seemed fairly silent.

Vilfred smiles at the newborn "Is girl or boy?" He grins, happy "Lyra look look it is..."He frowns"Lyra?"

The healers go to cheak on the Lyra and frown.

Gorvenalus frowns,"Oh no....."He looks to Vilfred "Your need to leave a little while...I will get you in a few morments, we...we need to make sure Lyra and the baby are ok"He sounded concerned and tried not to sound so worried.

Lyra laid very still, she was breathing but not too well, she was so pale and quiet, she used what energy and stregth she had left to bring the newborn into the world and while they were checking the baby had slipped into a faint.

Vilfred frowned but agreed to go to where ever his shrews were, he found them in the Great Hall and sat down in one of the soft chairs watching the steps

Berwin walked over "Log-A-Log is congrats time?"

Vlora gives a smile "Hello...so what is it...a boy?A girl?"

A couple other shrews seemed intrested as well.

Vilfred speaks quietly "Is not knowing, healers send me out of room...is being worried not, so no answers have I for you, is sorry"

Berwin nods "Its ok Log-a-Log I am sure Lyra is fine, she is a strong shrew I mean..she is a fighter after all"

Vlora chuckles "Yeah and fighters are  always tough beasts , for sure in the Guosim!"

News came but a few morments later, Brother Gorvenalus walked silently towards Log-A-Log, he always hated when he had to do this, but he took the task of it, he would let others know but first Log-A-Log and it seemed, the shrews that gathered around him. He clears his throat "You..have a son, he is fine....but...I am sorry, his mother...she"He sighs and speaks the rest as he looks at Vilfred "I am sorry, Lyra has...passed on to the dark forest, the healers did all they could but....we are sorry"

Vilfred listens, it's then it seems he suddenly can't think, can't breath...the room is spining out of control.He then bolts as fast as he can towards the entry and out of the gates without so much as grabing his rasiper even.

Berwin frowns "Oh....that is..."And then thier leader rushes off"Log-A-Log!" He quickly rushes after him.

Vlora sighs and looks at the Shrews "Ummm..stay here me and Berwin will be...back soon"And she is off to help find Log-A-Log.

===== TO THE ROAD AND WOODS=====

Berwin scans the road "Well not like Log-A-Log could of gone too far, am I right?I mean camp is not so good to live in right now"

Vlora hmmm"Maybe just give him space, a lot has happen in one day and this is his way of...thinking on his own?"

Vilfred was not too far from the other shrews, sitting on a lone tree branch half way up a tree. He enjoyed climbing and could see the road fairly well from here.It also gave him time to be by himself as he wiped his eyes and leaned into the tree trunk.

With the roads open again, traffic along the road has increased too and from the abbey. It's unclear which direction the fox is came from, given that he is this far off the road. Armed with only a walking stick, a burlap sack, and his wits, the vermin beast is not too far from where the shrews are.

The abundantly rotund brown fox pauses in his hike to take a deep breath of fresh air. He finds a nice shady spot and with a struggle, eases himself onto the soft grass below the cannopy of a tree. "Vacation is grand!" The fat baker says outloud. Little did he know there were shrews about a hop jump and a skip away, or else he might never have fallen into a nap...

Berwin sighs"Ok so we....look"He becomes fairly alert as he frowns "Tis too quiet right now,why is it quiet?"

Vlora lays a paw on her rasiper "Not a good thing thats fer sure friend" She ventures on ahead and of course sees the fox and narrows her eyes, a fox and no sign of Log-A-Log and to her that means trouble.

Vilfred is close, in fact in the tree that the fox currently decided to nap under as he looks down and hmmphs softly "Is just wot not needing right now...is not"He frowns, he seems in a bit of a depressed mood and not in the mood for any possible fights.

The fox snores quite loudly, completely unaware of the shrew-y dangers around him. His swollen stomach rises and falls slowly, making him resemble the big bad wolf of lore after devouring happless beasties.

Berwin slips closer as well "You think he knows where Log-A-Log is?"

Vlora says, "That or he has him, he is a fox and foxes can't be trusted.I say we stab him and ask him questions."

Leave it to shrews to stab a beast and then ask him questions. To be fair, Bandit is a fox and quite stabable, laying there in the open.

Vilfred sighs as he debates on coming down the trunk.He decides to slip down, since he still has a bandged leg he slips and falls beside Bandit, luckly something breaks his fall, so he is not hurt,maybe a bruise but thats all.

Berwin starts to go forwards as well and then stops as something....or someone appears "Log-A-LOG?"

Vlora is beside the fox about to wake him with a good stab to the arm when she sees Vilfred and blinks "sur?...Are you ok..did the fox have you as a captive?"

Vilfred stands, "I am being ok and not knowing who fox is being,but seems fox broke fall..."Yes he landed on the overweight fox it seems and is smart enough to back up a little, he has had a bad enough day today and its now starting to get dark.

The shrew landed on Bandit's head, he is knocked out so his nap is even deeper now.

Berwin looks closely at the fox "So what do we do with him?"

Vlora smirks "Can we stab him, please..he's a fox"

Vilfred sighs and shakes his head"Just leave him be, we be going back to the abbey."He turns and heads to the gates.

Berwin follows "LOog-A-Log...are you ok my friend?"

Vlora is concerned as well she just sint good at showing it."Abbey is better" She frowns "I wanted to stab the fox though...you could stab him Log-A-Log."

Vilfred shrugs as they head head inside "Why doing that...sides..."He frowns "Sides...I need to....get inside before teh others worry..."He slows and just sits on the steps leading to the walltops, and tears flood now, not they hadn't while in the tree.

Berwin sits by Log-A-Log and looks to Vlora "Vlora..tell the others Log-A-log is ok, he's safe"

Vlora nods and heads on inside the main building to tell the others all is...well bacially well for the most part.

Vilfred leans agaist Berwin "She's...gone...Lyra is gone...wot am I goonna be doing now?"

Berwin thinks and answers "Be thar for your son Log-A-Log,  things will..somehow work out..we should get inside, sides you need to meet your son..right?"

Vilfred nods and heads to the infiirm, he stops at the cot where they laid Lyra, says a few quiet words and kisses her before walking over to a crib thats in the infirm, inside the tiny newborn shrew. He picks them up and looks down at his son as tears fall, but he does manage a smile "Will be needing to figure out name..."He holds the newborn close and just stands there for a long while till a healer comes to take the newborn and make sure it gets some milk to drink and is laid back down to sleep, they check on Log-A-Log to find him asleep on a nearby cot so they leave him there to get some needed rest.

Last edited by Elbio Hare and Alts (2020-02-22 08:00:15 PM)

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

Board footer