Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-16 04:10:42 PM

Elbio Hare and Alts

Shrews At The Firepit!!!-GUOSIM LOG

WHOM:

Vilfred- Log-A-Log

Lyra- Fighter, and Mate to Log-A-Log (Spoofed by Vilfred)

Berwin- Main Cook in GUOSIM

Vlora- Fighter in GUOSIM

Leigh- Healer in GUOSIM

Oswald- Fighter in GUOSIM

LOG:

RW Abbey: Firepit
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a small strip of land between the pond and the orchards which is bordered on one side by a portion of the Abbey's southern wall. This particular section, while well built and sturdy, is obviously much, much newer than the sections to either side of it. The ground is clear of almost all grass and weeds, and is somewhat uneven, still bearing deep ruts and impressions that have not yet been worn away by the rain. The center of this area contains a large firepit lined with flagstones and encircled with log benches.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vilfred was finally able to get out of that room and over to the fire pit. He had a cane to help him walk and his leg was still tightly wraped in bandages, but the broken leg was healing well from the fall weeks ago.He sat down and grined "It is being good to be out of doors my friends!"

Lyra nods and smiles "Just take it easy my dear, will you."

Berwin was already here making some famous stew, rolls, and some baked apples. "Yeah we don't want her complaining that ya don't listen Log-A-Log"

Leigh chuckles as she sits down."I wonder when spring will come and if all the snow this season will  affect the camp? You know..flood it?"

Vlora hmmmphs "And I yet to see de camp, and along rivers do flood, thar has been a lot more snow this season and it came earlier too..Winter of the Deep Snow indeed...whats next Spring of the Flooded River?"

Vilfred shrugs "We shall we my friend, we shall see. We can have a friend maybe check here in couple weeks, make sure log boats are ok and that smoke pit is ok as well so we can still make smoked fish and smoked shrimps"

Lyra smiles as she leans against the log bench, a paw on her midsection "Being here for winter was good dear..." The shrew was with child,that was clear now.Even though she kept it mainly a secret from others with baggy clothing, but her fellow shrews she had told.

Berwin starts to pass out bowls of stew and rolls, and some baked apple "Ya know...telling the abbey of the child would be wise, I know we like to keep things to ourselfs...but we only have one healer"

Leigh frowns "He has a point, we lost Moss when that one vermin attacked the camp before winter hit"

Lyra sighs and stands to head on inside, "I need to go inside...chat later"

Leigh stands "I will make sure she is ok Log-A-Log"And make sure she gets to the room they are using as steps have to be annoying right now.

Vlora hmmms "Find more healers for group"

Vilfred hmmms "Not always being easy."He glaces at Lyra as she decides to head back inside and looks back to the others "She is being ok." As for other things "As for possible of flood in spring, we deal with if comes"   

The gentle tinkling of bells announces the arrival of Oswald carrying a large wooden steamer in his paws, he glances over the top of it at his fellow shrews and grins, "Hola mates, so that Friar of theirs let me make something in their kitchen, just need to pop this over a cauldron of boiling water and let it steam for a bit."   

Berwin sits down and hmmphs, he looks up at Oswald"Make what?""He was grumpy, but what was new he was grumpy a lot of the time.

Vlora waves to Oswald "Hello there" is just here, sitting.

Vilfred smiles and waves "Oswald..do be joining us for a bit of lunch prehaps, it is good day so far...cold but still good day"   

Oswald grins at Berwin, "An assortment of vegetables wrapped in a light pastry then steamed, aye used to make these back south," He glances from one shrew to the next then moves over to set the steamer down and stir up the fire, "Why all the long faces and serious sound discussion?" he glances between Viora and Log-a-Log, "Why we worrying about future floods? When we have rebuilding to deal with first."   

Berwin says, "Not too much rebuilding, mainly the storage building..the huts were ok...for the most part juts need to make sure they are warm enough next winter as cant always be 'ere"

Vlora says, "That is true. The abbey was nice enough to let us stay this winter"

Vilfred says, "Abbey is allys of us shrews, are our friends. Yes storage building was main thing messed up, huts....maybe add something to keep cold air out is all, or make a large building we all use as sleeping area in winter times, have large fireplace"

Oswald nods at Berwin, "Aye, but we have a whole year to build something sturdier, that recorder of theirs was telling me there is good rock in the woods we could use for sturdier building material." He hauls a cauldron over and hangs it on a tripod above the flames then pours in a jug of water, "What Log-a-Log says makes some sense, making individual huts for ourselves probably wasn't the best move, we split our efforts. We should make a proper stone and log cabin, we can build in extra bedrooms and the like."   

Berwin says, "I like that idea, and be like a ...meeting room and have a hallway for our own rooms and would be much warmer in winter, and less space for anytime"

Vlora asks, "get stone from where? And could use the wood from the huts for a large building, we have a mess hall building already"

Vilfred smiles "Yes we do....prehaps infirm be good..just in case..but inside a main building, we can get help if be needing, storage building still outside close to smoke pit we use, and log boats still have their area as well, we are thinking much and this is good my friends"   

Oswald says, "There are several large outcroppings of stone along the riverbank we could quarry out," He taps his chin, "We could build off the mess hall, shore that up, make it a bit more permanent... it's odd having to think about building something to last."

Berwin asks, "Why is it bad thing to be in one place? We can still explore up and down de river and allies are always complaining about not finding us when they want to and seems the last couple places we had turned to be all bad luck"

Vlora just quietly listens, she hasn't been with them too long to know of much moving around yet.   

Vilfred sighs "Yes yes camp south of church was bad location and old camp by river was....clearly torn up by something, is why found the camp we have now..better area by river, better hidden...even better area to have the smoke pit too, much room too"

Oswald exclaims, "Aye it is a good location," he shrugs," I am just not used to staying put! So i am glad we can move up and down the river," he peers into the cauldron then fits the steamer on top of it to catch the steaming water, "But a larger communual home sounds like a good idea."

Berwin says, "Maybe once its late spring we can explore some, get back to log boat rides up and down the river, always leave 2-3 at the camp to keep eye on things"   

Vlora says, "I like exploring and helps to know who possible neighbors are...good and bad ones, and who usually is along the river..something new happens you keep eye on things, maybe even explore the woods some"

Vilfred says, "we will still explore of course..i be knowing Camp Willow is close to camp and they are friends....Ferravale is close to, though...mixed feelings on them....the chieftain she is...ok and trustworthy and maybe couple others, some..unsure of...they do have their main healer, he seems....odd at times"

Oswald says, "Aye I don't know what to make of that Ferravale place myself.... it is... well I don't feel safe going there, some of them seem ok but you hear stories so... I'd rather avoid it myself, let them visit us on our terms."

Berwin says, "No..no vermin in the camp at all. I dislike vermin"   

Vlora says, "who would want vermin in the camp, arn't vermin usually..someone that wants us dead? Why trust any of them"

Vilfred speaks "Nardo...a ferret did save my life when the mill floor caved in, he pulled me to that tunnel when everything came down and helped me find my way back out, got me to abbey...my leg was broken and I would not of been able to do anything on my own...I do believe another vermin, not from the vilage caused the cave in of mill and the fire of mill"   

Oswald glances at Berwin then Viora, "You'll learn in time that not all of those we'd call vermin are out to kill us, some of them can be your friends, and some woodlanders would do better off being called vermin themselves."   

Berwin says, "I have yet to meet an evil woodlander, though did hear of an insane hare that was around but that he died"   

Vlora asks, "insane hare? Ok..then, anyways maybe SOME are ok and if this Nardo saved Log-A-Log ok we can trust them, but still we make sure they are trustworthy before they step foot in the camp, like the chieftain of Ferravale maybe can come...maybe, long as we know I say that is ok"

Vilfred shrugs "Think name was...hmms forgetting but no matter."   

Oswald says, "Ask the abbot about the mouse who kidnapped him and tried to stage a coup by pretending to be everyones friend and stabbing them in the back," he shakes his head, "some beasts are just bad, but it isn't based on what species they are."

Berwin says, "true true....I knew a rat thats was a bit...odd in the head, not many liked him but got along...poor fellow thought he was a shrew I think, not sure what happen to him and..a mouse kidnapped the abbot? The more recent one..when was this?"

Vlora yawns and decides to take a nap, but she listens a while to the talking before she falls asleeep.   

Vilfred asks, "Hmmms not heard of mouse that to fake being freind, who was it? Thinking was before we came back to area"

Oswald says, "Aye I heard the tail off the recorder, I think it was a mouse, don't recall the blighters name, it's probably in the records someplace."

Berwin says, "maybe will read it but yes saddly some can pretend to be a friend, hopefully that wont happen again...speaking of bad beasts, I wonder..if the beast who caused the fire at the mill...was one who tried to burn down a part of our camp"

Vilfred shrugs "Is not knowing...could be and not knowing if still around they could of left the area"   

Oswald says, "Life itself is always full of surprises we can only do what we can to make the most of it" He uses a hook to lift the lid off the steamer, filling the air with the smell of dumplings, "These are nearly done."

Vilfred smells the air and smiles "Does smell good yes....a lot happens in life yes..some planed and some not planed"   

Berwin chuckles "That is true Log-A-Log....maybe we can get more members for group also...we have few, though few don't mean weak and helpless..i do believe we are far from that!"   

Oswald says, "Aye more shrews would be nice," He hooks the steamer off and sets it on a rock and then takes the lid off and uses a large leaf to pop three dumplings in and hands them to  Log-a-Log, "We are never weak and helpless Berwin, why even one shrews is enough"

Vilfred smiles as he gets the dumplings and smiles "Well...we will have one new shrew here in 3..or so weeks.."He smiles, he is happy.   

Berwin nods, he raises an eyebrow and then ohs "Oh yes...of course almost forgot" He nods "You are right Oswald...size matters not when one has skills"   
Oswald offers Berwin the next batch of dumplings then nudges Vilfred, "I heard congratulations where in order Log-a-Log! Go you two!"   

Vilfred chuckles "Lyra wanted to...keep it secret but has not been so secret now since will be coming soon"

Berwin nods "And they have good healers here who likely know how care for beasts about to have a child...I am sure they have had newborns here"    He gets his dumplings and smiles.

Oswald says, "Well if we were back in camp you two could probably have kept it a secret for months," He bites into his own dumpling and sighs then grins, "But this is Redwall abbey, this place is full of beasts w ho love to gossip"

Vilfred says, "I have noticed, I wonder if the Badger Mother helps with newborns...but yes is not so secret now, maybe all shrews can help think of a name for a boy...or maybe girl"

Berwin grins "A furture leader will need a good name after all"

Oswald laughs, "Well any child of the log-a-log's is in for a good shot at being elected replacement when he and Lyra do a runner for the sunny south once the kids old enough."   

Vilfred chuckles "I do hope to be Log-A-Log for a long while. I am unsure if Log-A-Logs retire though...."   

Berwin smiles "Not to worry...of course we want ya around for as long as possible Log-a-Log."   

Oswald grins, "I don't think they do, I know of one story of the Log-a-Log being murdered by a shrew and the shrew who hunted down the murderer and took vengeance on them became Log-A-Log, but usually we have a good old argument and elect who we think is best," he grins, "Technically chief we should never mention your name, you are Log-a-Log and your old name is never spoken again"

Vilfred Nods "I know that..I am Log-A-Log. "He smiles as he relaxes"And think I am good at job"   

Berwin nods "You are Log-A-Log...a good leader, and wise too to of found what we call home by the river..camp by church was good to leave...bad camp as it was"   

Oswald grins, "You are doing a bang up job Log-A-Log," he settles back, nibbling on a dumpling, "You listen to everyone but then make a decision and we follow it," he nods, "You've not lead us wrong yet chief,"

Vilfred smiles at this, "Thank you Oswald, I do me best...and I did decide to come here, though I know a couple didn't like the idea at first, was good idea to be here for winter"   

Berwin smiles "Abbey is friends and we have not had trouble at the camp by the river...maybe a small one here and there but was always solved and will always be solved"He smiles and nibbles his food, he grins "We need some October Ale"   

Vilfred smiles "October ale fer what? Speaking of which maybe get some to take with us...hee heee,just a little bit"   

Oswald says, "Well I think once spring hits, we take a keg of their ale and that Foremole of theirs and see about building a larger building off the mess hall for us all to live in."

Berwin says, "To celebrate our leader of course, and the future"

Vilfred smiles, he nods "Moles are wise for making a building safe and strong indeed."   

Oswald exclaims, "Aye we need to have a celebration of your good fortune Log-a-Log! What say we see if we can snaffle some of the abbots famous Apple Brandy and toast your good fortune!"

Berwin grins "I like the idea, the abbot is a good fellow...I am sure he can let us have some...celebrate a good leader and future dibbun that will be around soon as well"   

Vilfred smiles "We can ask then, maybe de Abbot can even join us yes?"

Oswald chuckles, "Well then I'll drop him a word when I see him later and see if he will share!" He stands up, "For now though I should get this streamer back to the kitchen."   

Vilfred exclaims, "Yes we can have a small celebration tonight at the firepit!"   

And later that night,  there was celebrating the fire pit!!!!
Per page: 100 150 200 500

Last edited by Elbio Hare and Alts (2020-02-16 05:12:09 PM)

I play
Elbio-LP Hare
Vilfred-LOG-A-LOG

Board footer