Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-02 12:51:05 PM

The_Brony_Marek

No More Bows!!

Outskirts: Clearing
Any hint of overgrown vegetation has been eliminated from this area to the point where you cannot see any of it in your immediate sight. Standing here are a large amount of bricks and what appears to be the foundation for some sort of building.

Zee walks into the clearing not too far from Ferravale, about an hour’s walk though some vegetation that Marek has trimmed back. He glances around “Well Marek be somewhere lad”

Xander is with his uncle, his new sword on his back, “So why did we walk this far? What’s going on?”

Zolomon follows the two badgers, in his paw is some sort of pastry, “Walking is good exercise Xandy, keep in shape and all that” He finishes the pastry and takes a swig of something from a flask.

Marek leads the way through the cleared-off path, Zaram in tow. “Of course, the explanation” He gestures to a pile of bricks. “As you can see, I am currently in the process of building something. I have brought you three here to discuss that. You see, Mr. Zee, after the FORTUNATE demise of Mr. Jedrick, I thought to myself that not every problem in Mossflower can be solved through lucky happenstance. Therefore, I am getting together a group of beasts who are willing to find these threats and put a stop to them before they become an issue. I am calling this group the Mossflower Defenders and I want you three to join”

Zee nods as he listens “I am unsure on joining, but I can help best I can, perhaps not as much as I would like due to…well issues, and thar always be allies to help the group and not be like a direct member of it.”

Xander looks to his uncle “Can I join? I can fight fairly well and I am quick on my foot paws, plus I can learn what I need to learn .”

Zolomon grins “I bet Xandy could learn to use a bow, maybe a short bow as no one but me touches MY longbow”

Marek raises an eyebrow. “Yes of course, I wanted Xander to join…if it is okay with Mr. Zee” He gathers a few herbs for Zaram to place in his pouch and then awaits further response.
Zee glances at Xander and back to Marek and nods “I…I also wanted ta ask and may as well now, if you could train the lad, Marek.  You’re a beast I trust fer the job”

Xander blinks “Why can’t you just train me Uncle Zee? You’re a great warrior, but yes I would listen to Marek also and yes I still want to join the Mossflower Defenders”

Zolomon gets a short bow and then leans on a tree to listen “Sounds like a jolly good cause and ya have me Mr. M as a member, me and my longbow is at your service”

Marek nods. “Of course I’ll train the boy, we’re happy to have him on the team…and you as well, Mr. Zolomon” As Zaram wanders back to Ferravale he lays down a few bricks. “I completely understand your decision, Mr. Zee, one’s fighting days can only go on for so long”

Zee simply nods, he doesn’t go on to explain to Xander, he looks a bit confused “Where you get the short bow?”

Xander  sighs, but is interested in the short bow” Cool a bow, bows are neat as one can attack from a distance, Jedrick  had this body guard that was an archer, ooooooh maybe I can learn archery. I bet it’s easy to learn”

Zolomon shrugs “Made it for Xandy and SEE he wants to learn and I am just the beast to teach the skill, just like my grandfather I am the best archer in Mossflower…maybe in the world in fact. I could teach him how to make one and arrows to go with it as well!”

Marek looks to the younger badger, “Well, perhaps learning the bow is good, but you will also learn the blade, more paw to paw and maybe use of a staff”

Xander nods in understanding, “And I am good with paw to paw sir and I have a blade now, not the blade my grandfather wielded but I hope to have it soon”

Zolomon grins and hands Xander the bow, “And you can shot de target I made!” He picks up the target and sits it down, it has the bullseye like most archer targets do, “Easy right and arrows can be fired up to a, well great distance based on long or short bow and strength of the archer, give it a try Xandy”

Marek frowns “That may not be the wisest move Mr. Zolomon, one must learn to use a weapon, learn of the weapon, not just be handed one and told to give it a try”

Zee looks back and forth between the two beasts, and frowns a little at Xander eagerness,
“Be careful with that Xander, please lad. Do not expect great results at first”

Xander nods and goes to fire off an arrow from the longbow, it sails to a tree and gets stuck, he selects another and fires towards Marek  by mistake as he gasps.

Zolomon watches from where he is and calls out “Look out Mr. M!!”

Marek was placing a brick down and turns, luckily the arrow misses anything vital, it’s also lucky his boots are thick when the arrow sinks into one of them, he grumbles and looks at the arrow and back to Xander, “Aim for the target, not anything else Mr. Xander”  He goes to get a couple more bricks, he is running low on bricks and will have to get more soon, but he has a couple beasts he knows he can get more from.

Zee eyes widen as he watches “Umm..maybe bit ta the right and up a little lad, or maybe stick with something else….like your blade”

Xander frowns “Sorry sir, won’t happen again sir” He selects an arrow again and takes a deep breath, he aims and the aim is seriously off. In fact  he is sort of walking sideways and backwards after he is trying to figure out the best way to fire. He holds the arrow in place as he looks at the target and being drawn back so long his fingers get tried and he accidently let’s go and  looks up quickly at the path that’s sort of sideways towards the  archer target and gulps, he also stepped back a bit too far and that arrow could clearly hit some beast” Marek duck!!!” He has one last arrow and holds it in the bow pulling back just a little “I..I can try…try again..” He then gasps in pain as his nervous paws loose the last arrow…into his own foot paw.

Zolomon looks up at about this time, he was standing by the target’s side and then screams, the arrow misses him, well most of him it goes through his ear and yanks him downwards and the arrow is sort of sideways, but also stuck right in the center, just barely but the hare’s ear top is stuck to the target as well, “I say…ouch….”

Marek hears the word duck just as the arrow grazes his check and ends its trip by going into Zolomon’s ear, he slowly turns to the hare and  back to the badger and starts to walk slowly to Xander. A closer look shows that arrow missed his eye by mere cm’s . His next move is to yank the short bow out of the badger’s paws before he can do more damage.

Zee quickly goes over to tend to Xander “Lad are you ok?” Yeah let’s forget the hare and stoat for now.

Xander tenses as the bow is yanked from his paw and steps back a couple feet and tenses up in pain from the arrow still clearly in his foot paw. Tears form “I..I am sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt anyone. I am am..will never be any warrior at all”

Zolomon whimpers as his ear is still very stuck to the archery target and may be hard to remove very easily. “Chaps?” He says slowly “This bally well hurts, wot?”

Marek takes a calming breath, “No more bows of any kind” He says as calm as he can and in fact breaks the bow and drops it to the ground, “Now the abbey is closer, so let us go. It appears as though we will have to take Mr. Zolomon target and all to the abbey, this…should be enjoyable” Not really by the sound of his voice “And Mr. Xander one should not give up easy, all beast have a weakness and it appears as if yours in the use of bows, you fight well in the fighting pits when you were there, you are quick on your foot paws as well. You are young and still have much to learn, a warrior does not become a warrior in a few days, it takes time…seasons to be the best in fact, now let’s go” He will help the hare walk, and carry the target and Zee will get on the other side of the hare “Come Xander, to the abbey”

Zee helps the hare and nods to Xander “Its ok, all will be well. Your grandfather Zork was not good with bows, he shot his own foot paw first try….and broke a window in an inn, decided bows was not fer him either.”He offers a smile and ruffles the younger badger’s headfur. Let’s get your foot paw looked at also, walk slow.”

The walk feels longer than it is, as Xander is  trying to not put pressure on a foot paw is hard, the young badger borrowed his uncle’s staff to walk in fact.

The group of beasts soon arrive at the gates of the abbey and it’s a strange sight indeed. A hare with an arrow through his ear, in fact pined by that same ear to the archery target. Marek has an arrow in one foot paw and a line of red right beside his side going to the side of his head where an arrow clearly grazed him and clearly barely missed taking his eye out. Marek also has an arrow in his own foot paw, but it’s not too deep as his boots are thick.

Redwall Abbey:Entry
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
You stand on a grassy sward between two cottages.  To the south you see a small, calm pond.  To the north lies an open space where the Abbey has its feasts in the warmer seasons. To the east is the Great Hall, a massive structure that rises far above the abbey walls and is completed with large towers that pierce upwards into the sky.  The main building is completed with a large, iron banded door that would allow one into the Great Hall. 
Coolness has swept into the air now, bringing with it the autumn leaves of the orchards.  Coating the trails that lace and move through the dying grass and flowers.  Regardless of the death of plants, the area is beautiful in it's gold and orange season.  The abbey is sporting the colors in full pride.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Leon is passing by the entry on his way to the gatehouse when a guard taps him on the shoulder. He arches an eyebrow and listens “Say…what now?” He follows them to where the three beasts are and frowns “What the seasons?!” He shakes his head and quickly makes a decision “Marek, go inside the gate house…..Zee , Zolomon and Xander sit down on the grass, in fact Zee watch Marek let me tend to the hare first.”

Marek sighs but slowly walks into the gatehouse and sits down, he slowly removes the arrow, then his boot, and uses a bit of bandages he carries with him to hold pressure on the arrow wound. He frowns at the boot with the arrow hole ,”Seems I will need that fixed soon “

Zee nods and gets the staff from Xander and leans in it looking very tried from the walk and fact he just helped carry an archery target and a hare from the clearing north of the abbey. He slowly sits down and at first it looks like he has trouble catching his breath, but after a few moments his breathing is back to normal, but he still looks tried.

Xander sits down “Uncle zee you ok?” He calls over to his uncle sounding worried, he has never seen his uncle seem so tried before. He glances at Leon and sighs “This is all my fault, they probably hate me now, you probably hate me too. ”

Zolomon  frowns “My ear, me poor poor ear.” He also is acting like a dibbun” Am I GONNA DIE Brother L? Tell me the truth I can take it!” He frowns “Tell me, tell me now, Will it hurt when the arrow is out? Will I be in the infirm long? Will I lose a lot of blood, bally well need my blood ya know. I  will run from the tunnel…my ear hurts, me poor, poor, poor , poor ear…….”

Leon listens to all that’s said and sighs “No, but the top of the ear will need to be clipped off, no other way.” He pulls out some strong smelling herbs and places them right against the hare’s nose, “Breath normal please”

Marek  keeps the pressure on his foot paw and rolls his eyes at the hare,”Mr. Leon please get Mr. Zolomon to be quiet.”

Zee frowns, he then answers Zee, “ I be fine lad, not to worry just tired is all, helping Zolomon made me tired and I still need to talk to Dorarose. And no one hates you Xander.”

Xander nods slowly and hugs his Uncle” I love you Uncle Zee.  Your always be around for me won’t you Uncle Zee?”

Zolomon at first panics and then drifts into some sort of sleep, well that didn’t take long.

Leon then goes to carefully take off the top part of the hare’s ear and places the archery target and arrow aside, he nods to a guard to take it out of the abbey, which they do, and then he  sews the wound with skill and speed, applies herbs to the wound and bandages it. He nods to another guard “Take him to the infirm” Now to Xander, he carefully works the arrow free and as he applies pressure with his hand stub, he uses his good paw to sew the wound, apply herbs and bandage. He does fairly well with one paw and his tail. “There Xander I suggest you take it easy for a few days and stay off the foot paw…please” He glances at Zee “You sure you’re alright Zee? And you need to talk to Dora about what?” He then walks into the gatehouse to tend to Marek, “Well your wound is not deep, you’re lucky your boots are so thick. No need for stitches, but…” He applies needed herbs and bandages the foot paw, “ Maybe stay off it a day, you can rest in the infirm I can let Abbot Benar know”

Marek waits till the foot is bandaged and places his boot on carefully “No thank you, I was invited to the Winter Feast and will come then, as promised.  I have some things to tend to with my new group The Mossflower Defenders. I will be fine and Zaram knows healing as well Mr. Leon” He then stands and walks out of the gatehouse and then leaves through the gates and up the road to Ferravale.

Zee watches Marek head off and shrugs to Leon, “Probably for de best lad.” He looks to Zolomon “I can carry him to the infirm, and Xander come with me as well ok boy, ya need some rest. I will be up to check on soon as done talking ta Brother Leon” He picks up Zolomon and carries him to the infirm. He will tuck Xander in and come back down the stairs slowly, with a small chest; he sits it by the steps for now and sits down on the steps to rest a few moments.

Xander yawns and nods “Ok Uncle Zee.” He smiles as he follows him upstairs. He will go to sleep as soon as he lies down.

Leon is waiting by the stairs, ”Maybe you should be resting too Zee.” He sees the chest “So she has a chest too then, ok.” He has his own, so he doesn’t ask what it is about” But please rest afterwards”

Zee nods “I promise Brother Leon. I may be….dying but not like I am dying tonight, still have some days left in me…ok?”

Leon sighs but nods “Fine….talk to my wife and then you best get some rest…or else”

Zee frowns a little and nods, he then heads on to the gatehouse area.

Board footer