Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-04 05:35:10 PM

Willow

That's the sea - Hullabaloo RP

Who:
Gaheris - Skipper of Camp Willow
Aqua - Camp Willow Healer
Taran - Camp Willow Cook/Guard
Baxtor - Camp Willow Guard
Lee - Redwall resident

LOG:
It was a jolly couple of days of relaxing as the ship made its' way down the river but now they were reaching their destination as the trees gave way to sand dunes, the beach and the endless sea all the way to the horizon, sparkling in the sun.

Taran looks around and smiles "Are we close?..Is that the...the sea?"   

Baxtor grins "I think it be the sea...sea onlt thing that largeTaran."   

Aqua looks from where she is on the ship, she has been to sea and ita..well...she is unuse how well she likes being by it again, but she just quietly reminds herself, this is a fun day   

Lee stands beside the railing with his children.

Gaheris has made it up on to the ship, he's a little soggy from swimming on and off most of the way there but with the river turning a little choppy as it joins the sea it was either get on board or get out of the river and walk the shore. He picked the ship and stands at the bow of the ship, happily letting the cool ocean breeze blow his whiskers around "Aye, tha's the sea, all f'it an' then even more beyond" as he's talking the crew's steering the ship just off the river to anchor it by the shore.   

Taran nods and whoas "It's...very big"   

Baxtor chuckles "Thats all ya can say its big...hee...your like, trust me and should be seeing other otters soon enough..gonna be a fun filled Summer time"   

Aqua just holds onto the railing a little, she been on rough seas and....well worse as she scans the area and relaxes a little seeing its fine, just the wind blowing some reeds off to the side.   

Lee points out the horizon. "Out there, children, is th' edge o' th' world... Some beasts claim th' world is round... But we otter's know th' truth... It's flat."   

Gaheris takes a deep breath. Even the air smells different here. It's refreshing. He finally looks to she shore and spots a few unfamiliar faces in the group gathering. The crew start getting some row boats loaded with stuff and lowered to send to shore. The Skipper barks a laugh at Lee "The debate is wha' 'appens when y'fall off the edge"

Taran grins and goes to help load stuff onto row boats, he looks excited about this trip and eagar to start to have some fun!   

Baxtor says, "I love the ses, tis been too long since been here. This is fer sure gonna be enjoyable this Summer and maybe we can learn some new stories too""   

Aqua shrugs as she looks to the sea quietly "Maybe, I just want some fun and good times, and this should cheer some up who think are still a little jumpy."   

Konrad's and Rosepaw's faces display awe. They'd never considered there might be an edge. "Wow, it is much bigger than I imagined, though," replies Konrad, and his dad nods. "Aye, that it is, son..."

Gaheris chuckles at Taran's enthusiasm and starts to help too, getting all the stuff they brought to the shore is the first job along with setting up camp "It's bigger than anyone can imagine, so big it won't even fit in y'brain" he says as he shifting stuff "Learn some new stories, with a bit f'luck make some new ones too. Now, we need all this t'shore an' then we got tents t'put up an' a bonfire t'make. There's braggin' rights in it if we can get it done before the other Skippers arrive!" though it's only a matter of time before more ships and otters will start to arrive by sea, along the shore, by the river. There's otters everywhere and pretty much all of them are happy for an excuse to go to a party.

Taran smiles as he nods "I can help, I am good at helping with a lot of things!"

Baxtor smirks "Well we need ta win then and just wave to the others and ask em' what took so long. it will be funny"   

Aqua decides to see where she can help "Anything I can help with?"

Lee is quick to offer his help with setting up a tent. "Right-o... Konrad, c'mon an' 'elp yer ol' Da' set up this tent... Rosepaw, ye 'elp, too..."

Gaheris laughs at Baxtor "Tha's the spirit! We can be sat by the fire with a drink before they set foot on the beach!" He starts helping to lower a full boat down to the water "Y'can load boats, row the boats t'shore or swim an' push 'em there if y'like. There's also a few f'our lot who can't go swimmin' much, can 'elp 'em int' a boat an' out again at the shore. When y'get t'shore y'can 'elp with the tents an' gatherin' wood too. Lots t'do!"   

Taran smiles, he is surely helping with getting supplies loaded, he is in a good mood and seems excited to start this adventure very soon and looks around "Wow...this is truely great..I may end up liking the sea shore"   

Baxtor chuckles"Who may need some help into a boat and then back out then?"   

Aqua helps where she can, she is with dibbun after all though its not due till towards the end of Summer, but she does help a little anyways."Wonder how long we have to set up everything"   

"Shouldn't take too long, I wouldn't think," Lee says, as he helps where he can.   

Gaheris values his existence too much to suggest his mother needs help but thankfully Hallow slowly makes her way over from another part of the ship "Don't ye think I need liftin' about but I'll allow someone ta row me over...an' ye can hold the boat steady" she's old and can't swim like she used to, she'll take a boat. Gaheris says nothing to that and quickly squints out to sea "Probably less time than y'think. Might just be me imagination but I think I see sails" a small pause and he quickly turns and jumps over board "We'll unpack later! Tents an' beasts t'shore!" he yells on his way over, only continuing when he's resurfaced and pushing a boat to shore "We only 'ave t'look like we've been 'ere ages!"   

Lee and his two kids jump overboard quickly and swim to shore after Gaheris.   

Taran blinks but he can swim, he just doesnt too often as he jumps into the water and then is soon ashore and shakes some water from his fur.He will get a tent and start putting it up.He has put a tent up before, though its been a couple seasons and it was just one night in the woods, but he can place a tent fairly well."I could help start the bon fire maybe?"   

Baxtor smirks "Bon fire be important, as is getting tents set up..both are important, tents take longer though." He manages to sit up an area for a couple tents and nods"And if all work tagether, this wont take long at all"   

Aqua sighs, she shakes her head no boat for her she can still swim, even if it is a little slower as she may as well enjoy some swiming while she can.She makes it to shore in a short while and looks around and looks to the sea as she studies it " Least its a calm sea, I seen it really story beforre, not fun at all"

Lee is already setting up a tent with his kids helping. "'Urry up... If we get this done, there'll be more time f'r games later!"   

Gaheris is not competitive at all, nooo, never. He quickly gets the boat to shore, at least patiently waits for a couple of older otters to get out of it then quickly jogs over to help with tents "Aye" he says to Taran "We 'ad some wood on the ship but there should be plenty washed up an' around the dunes. Don't wander too far. The stuff further away from the sea should be dry enough. Make sure y'set it up well back from the tide line! Tha's the line where y'can see all the seaweed an' stuff's gathered...An' nobody put any tents lower than tha' or y're goin' t'be 'avin' a very wet nap next 'igh tide!" he glances back to Aqua as he's setting up the tent "Perfect startin' day! Though I ain't against a storm while we're on the shore" he grins "They're good f'shoutin' at"

Taran nods as he goes to gather up any driftwood.

Baxtor says, "I can put up tents in record time" And he does get one up fairly fast too as he grins "See...its easy""   

Lee has his tent finished as well. "At this rate we'll be done in no time!"   

Gaheris is quick to finish a tent then move on to another and another. They're not neat and they might fall down before night but he could fix them later, this was all about appearances "Get a bit lit then keep addin' t'it!" he calls over to Taran "Y'can leave anythin' wet by it t'dry" there's definitely a ship in sight travelling their way from further up the shore now.   

Taran nods and does as he is told, getting a fire lit and steps back as he smiels and gets more wood and sets some close to dry.He is good at fixing up a bon fire and makes it look really nice in the amont of time he has to work with it.   

Baxtor looks over and gets a 2nd tent up and even fixxes a couple of Skipper's tents so they stand better and look strighter, and taller.He can still work fairly quick and a couple other otters help as well as they get the idea of, yeah lets do this, tents up and good, and also good to not fall over.   

Aqua gets a tent up that will act as a infirmary area and even manages, with help, to get a couple cots in there as she smiles and mutters a thanks, her tent is very secure and looking good.

Lee moves over to help with the fire. "C'mon, let's get this better lit."   
Gaheris slows down a bit as the camp is taking shape with tents dotted all over and the fire starting to take "Lookin' good" he stops to watch the ship getting closer and spot a couple more out to sea before he chuckles "Maybe we should break out the drinks ready"   

Taran smiles at the help with the fire and nods, "Thanks" He gets more wood ready and sets it close by and smiles, he glaces over at the tents but he wasn't help with them just yet.   

Baxtor checks a couple tents, fixes one that was leaning a bit and smiles "Maybe...some good ale would be nice, just helping ta double check the tents is all Skipper....all seem good...checking some others" He helps a couple otters get a tent up and grins, this is good to help with."As Skipper said we can get some supplies out 'ere soon"   

Aqua finishes her tent and yawns as she looks around"I say we are doing well so far"   

Lee smiles widely. "Ah, now yer talkin', mate! Let's break out th' drinks, lads!"   

Gaheris waves his paw at one of the otters near the row boats "Grab the ale an' the tea an' we'll start this off properly" he says, chuckling as he heads for the fire "It's enough tents t'start with an' they'll bring more with 'em" he gestures towards the ships as he sits down by the fire "Righ' now there's nothin' t'do but relax until they get 'ere" and unload the rest of the ship but he's decided that can wait.   

Taran smiles, he double checks the firepit and smiles, he then goes to check his own tent, its ok so he sits back by the fire.   

Baxtor grins as he goes to find the ale and that tea, he hmms as they do have tea he just has to find it and likely a couple different kinds of tea.   

Aqua sits by the fire and looks around, a small smile "I am looking forwards to some fun, its been a while   

Lee is happy to relax as well, as are Konrad and Rosepaw, though the younger otters seem a little restless and eager to have some fun. "Gaheris, me ol' mate, I never asked ye... Just 'ow is bein' Skipper treatin' ye?"   

Gaheris just relaxes by the fire and closes his eyes as he awaits drinks. Soon there'll be others, otters from all over who only see each other at events like this. He enjoys the quiet for now until he cracks open an eye at Lee's question "Y'know when y'been trainin' f'somethin' y'whole life an' y'still feel woefully unprepared?" he chuckles "Kinda like tha'. It just kinda 'appened. Mum disappeared in the vermin nonsense an' suddenly y'never been so busy in y'whole life...I'm just lucky not all the otters in camp are a massive pain in me tail, it's only most of 'em!" he laughs, clearly joking.   

Taran smiles "But ya found her and that was good and I think your a good skipper"   

Lee nods his head. "Aye, I don't think I envy yer position, mate. Runnin' th' 'ole camp? Not my cuppa tea, hah." He laughs.   

Aqua says, "He is a good Skipper, end of story and the camp has done very well , even after some hard times..the camp made it through the hard times and.."She smiles "Some of the lost otters returned home thanks to some beasts looking and when the lost otters returned you did well in...helpoing us feel at home again""   

Gaheris chuckles at Taran and Aqua "Well look there, 'igh praise, I must be doin' somethin' right" he nods to Aqua "I wanted t'go an' find everyone m'self, march the lands an' bring everyone back but wha' was left at the camp needed me there. I trusted Lutea t'go f'me an' I'm glad she was able t'get as many as she could 'ome" he holds out a paw for an ale as it starts getting passed around "But, t'appier times t'come!" he raises his drink "Let's show we're still the best camp out there!" "Y'were never the best!" comes a joking voice from the dunes as the first group to join them comes from the land instead of the sea. Gaheris grins "Well y'certain can't claim it was y'lot! Where y'been? We've been 'ere ages. Y'get lost?" and so the banter begins and it will probably continue for hours.

Board footer