Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-29 07:06:58 PM

Melvina

They Are Back!-LP LOG

**Reva left before the end but I got the rest of the Log...your welcome ***

whom:

Reva- Recruit in the Long Patrol

Zolomon-Private First Class in the Long Patrol. Archer and Runner

Gregorian- Blacksmith and Sargeant in the Long Patrol

A couple spoofed hares in the room

Log:

Reva is glad to be back, and once back got cleaned up and got into some normal clothing, least for now as, she hopes anyways, she has a day or maybe two off before back to training. She also missed good food and has a plate piled with salad, some rolls, some pastries....hmmms...shrimp is ok and something to drink before sitting down.

Zolomon walks in slowly, he has on some normal tunic and pants. He looks tried still but also glad to be back as he gets some soup, a couple rolls and a lot of salad, the fish..is serious avoided and he has his reasons and will stay with that. He gets some juice and some pie before sitting down again close to where Reva is and eats quietly.

Reva looks over and decides to speak "So..who is in charge of when I become a private and who would I be under? Any ideas sur?"

Zolomon walks in slowly, he has on some normal tunic and pants. He looks tried still but also glad to be back as he gets some soup, a couple rolls and a lot of salad, the fish..is serious avoided and he has his reasons and will stay with that. He gets some juice and some pie before sitting down again close to where Reva is and eats quietly.

Reva looks over and decides to speak "So..who is in charge of when I become a private and who would I be under? Any ideas sur?"

Zolomon finishes his soup before replying "Not sure..His Lordship I suppose as for wot unit...Major Jinora or Major Varus most likely, one of them and tis not like its up to me which one"

Reva nods "Oh, so think I will be a Private soon or, gonna have ta wait longer?"

Zolomon says, "Well thar is a lot of Privates, your need to figure out a skill to stay with also, I mean all learn some healing and fighting, some can run good and some can't run as well..so thar is that, Private is lowest rank..well guess recruit is and you could be at Private a long while, Private first class is just ..a little higher than Private and I got it by...well...returning quickly with bad news""

Reva eats a little food "Bad..news?Wot sort bad news and when was this?"

Zolomon frowns but replies after a little while "Where thar was a large horde at the Redwall  or they were thar when the Long patrol got there...before they has like taken over Ferrvale and destroyed the Mossflower Defenders base..took out most of the Gussium...not sure where they bally well are now, I joined on the way back to aid Redwall and since I was the fastest runner..well that they had left...I took the needed info back to here"

Reva says, "Oh..I read about that...300 hares went with Lord Ciocan and like 19 hares and him was the only ones ta Return and like 50 hares were still here...so""

Zolomon nods "And...thar was 2 recruits...one is still around and the other...well sort of left and got all evil, that was Hanzi no idea where or wot he is doing now" If he only knew the update but he does not " And of the 19...a healer Jacenta..she left cause of depression and..."He frowns as his ear drops.."Sargent Tarsa..was killed in a fight on the beach and heard today one other private..Rudo..he left to live in Halyard."

Reva frowns "Oh..s...sorry if brought anything up I didn't mean too and..sorry, guess its just being in the Patrol can be dangerous at times but not always,right?"

Zolomon says, "It's...ok. And yeah sometimes bad things happen...though I don't think they were ever thinking that so many would lose lives that day..I mean vermin found the camp and even attacked it..ambushed it..some slipped off to attack hares coming down the road and the fighting in the entry of the abbey, least it didn't go further than the entry and the open ground area, that was good at least"

Reva says, "Well...could of been worse then"

Zolomon says, "could of been a lot worse....the abbey could of fallen, they got there just in time to prevent it..at a great cost but good won over evil"

Reva says, "I liked the beasts at the abbey, they seemed really nice and it was sort of neat to see badgers there..Lord Ciocan is clearly taller than all of them and probably stronger""

Zolomon says, "Most likely..yeah..Xandy is leader of the Mossflower Defenders...Krisha is his mate and thar is Northstar their cub, I don't know much on Invar...and thar is..."He sounds worried but speaks "Ozzy...badger mother, least right now he is""

Reva asks, "Why would he stop being that? I like seen him once, spoke to him a little but that was all, he was always busy. He is blind I found out but he sure don't act it""

Zolomon says, "He...was ill or something, I didn't ask just knew Xandy was worried but Ozzy seemed fine when we left so maybe it was just a bad day or something""

Reva says, "They would sent a letter right, if..ya know..."

Zolomon shrugs "I...don't know, maybe they would and I like to think thar be no need cause he is around many many many more seasons"

Reva just nods and finishes her meal,"On another note...you think those..umm cloaked rats are something to worry about?"

Zolomon says, "Lets bally well hope now, we did save the leaders dibbun so maybe he spoke the truth and will leave us be, long as we leave them be ""

now=not

Reva says, "They did say they are not allies but also that yeah...they wouldn't bother anyone long as we like...didn't stay around them or what ever, seems they like the edge of that swamp place right?""

Zolomon nods "Not like we go into the swamp, dunes maybe at times but not the swamp...no reason to as the toads...which may mention as being awake, not that they leave the swamps either...still unsure of those cloaked rats but a said we did save his kid and he did...decided to not feed us to his pets and he was clearly about too before Millie and that Flip ran in and stopped him"

Reva nods, "Yeah...she was like most dibbuns...guess we were in the right place at the right time"

Zolomon says, "yeah"

Zolomon is back, along with Reva and the two have been quietly eattting and talking a little.

Reva looks around, getting a little more pie and smiles, "This is good...lot better than..wot ever those rice...mushroom cake things were we had last couple days"

"I'm tellin' yah it doesn't work that way!" Greg yells as he enters the room clearly mid argument with the hare following him "Yah bought a plan from a rat. Wot yah got was a lesson in savin' yah money. If yah go stuff yah face with food and stop talkin' I'll look at it but I'm tellin' yah it won't work" Greg says as he snatches a bit of paper off the hare and turns his attention to the room, quickly spotting the absent faces "Zolomon! Thought we were supposed tah get warnin' when yah were gettin' back so we could pretend tah not be in" He jokes as he heads towards the pair.

Zolomon shrugs "Sorry sur...decided ta...come back early suppose"He frowns at Reva "Don't remind me lass...last couple days was no fun."

Reva salutes and nods "Hallo sur, yes we are back....and last couple days been ok.....we helped save this dibbun a week ago and cause of that we didn't become lunch for theses...I don't know what they were but they were not rocks, they were fish but with tiny tiny teeth and thar was a lot..I mean A LOT of them and they ate the toad and then this grayish black rat guy with a bone in his nose was gonna be like..we were next but then the dibbun, the one we saved which was his, like wow huh and she came and said was like no feed them to the fishes and he didn't and then he like let us go but they had these mushroom rice cake things which are gross so very very very gross"And then she finally takes a breath, wow.

Gregorian opens his mouth to say something but pauses when Reva starts speaking...and then slowly closes his mouth when she doesn't stop. He waits. Silent and blankly staring. His ear twitches slightly at one point but he just lets her run out of breath before even trying to speak "I expect a map location and that report in writin' by tomorrow"

Zolomon sighs as Reva..well goes on and on and sips at his juice, he then speaks "Like edge of de swamp..supposedly they will ignore us but yeah...we can get a map or show it on a map of de area sir...they did let us go, they seem to hate toads and...beasts on what they call their lands, but claim they would let hares pass through long as they like, don't stay."

Reva nods"Those fish were evil....and see first the toad tried to get us and these those rats came...thee knocked us and the toad out and the toad became fish chow..that was a bit..scary..."Her ears go agoasit her head"Like toad skeleton in 5 minutes or less, if those fish live in the sea remind me never to swim again, these were in some closed off like pool they made"

"In writin'" Greg repeats with an extra stare for Reva before he finally glances away to scout out some food "Best we know wot they considah their lands if we need tah worry about bein' on it. I've heard of fish that can eat yah though. Pike get pretty big and dangerous sometimes. Don't think they like the sea though...now sharks, they like the sea but I don't think yah'd get one in a pool"

Zolomon frowns "These were smaller than a pike, a pike could eat them likely, they did sort of look like rocks...at first, clearly not rocks..trust me we got a good look at them hanging upside down before we were sort of saved at the last possible second."He will save the rest for the report as he sighs"Other than that...a good march back and all is well at the abbey"

Reva smiles "I liked the abbey, it was nice and the food is good and there was some other badgers there that were nice."

Gregorian takes out the bit of paper he snatched off the other hare which seems to have a crudely drawn picture of a hare breathing fire drawn on it. He quickly flips it over on the table to show the blank side and pulls a bit of charcoal from his pocket "Draw it" he says before grabbing a drink and roll quickly "Yah survived and made it back, can't beat that" he nods at Reva though "They're good folk. Cooks round 'ere try tah remake their stuff but it nevah quite comes out the same"

Zolomon blinks "Ummm... I can try to."Not like he has really drawn before but yeah he will try as he can remember simple looking fish, sort of a hump looking back and some dots on it"Grayish brown...tis not perfect but sort of close..."And of course the teeth in the mouth of the fish..some fins, he hmmms and makes the one on top a little bigger fin and then draws the eye "Tis eye was sort of orangeish red...black center....makes me never want to eat fish again"

Reva shrugs, she looks at the drawing, "Maybe make it a little fatter looking......and more teeth"But enough of the fish, the abbey is cooler "Yeah its big too...the abbey that is, and the dibbun caretaker is like ...skilled or something cause he is blind and doesn't act like it at all and has like 40 or more dibbun around him, and he is old..like by a lot..."

Gregorian frowns at the drawing thoughtfully "Hmm. Vaguely familiar...don't think I've seen any around here though. I'll ask an ottah sometime but I think we'd notice if there were a lot around here" his eyes focus on his food again "Mm, I remembah a blind badgah the last time I was ovah that way. He looked old then but badgahs do tend tah live long"

Zolomon says, "The...cloaked rats had these fish in like a ...pool of water and had a like board over it, maybe they got them somewhere...no clue.."He nods and changes the subject "Oz....he is the badgermom and he is old..but he is in charge of de dibbuns...."He sighs a little"And..hopefully for a long while yet but...don't know. ""

Reva says, "Though not yet have I seen a badger as tall as his Lordship....and he probably stronger than others too, my guess.""

Gregorian chuckles "If the competition is the old dibbun keepah at the abbey I think his Lordship wins that fight easily...or were there whole scores of badgahs around the abbey these days?"

Zolomon says, "Ozzy not the fighting type...well one time he did fight off a marten....or stoat that tried to kill the abbot and the vermin threaten the dibbuns...so yeah bad move on the vermin...and thar is Xandy, he's a badger and..think..forgot the name, there one other that helped some otters think he said, de only other badger is a dibbun....oh and Krisha who is like badger mother in training""

Reva smiles, she remembers "His name was Invar...sort of....guess badger like. he probably would slam a vermin into a wall if one attacked..he was at Camp willow though cause we were there for a couple days"

Gregorian does a little mental head count "That is a lot more badgahs than yah usually get...I pity the horde which decides it's a good time tah attack the abbey now, badgah like or not hittin' walls hurts...how is the camp these days?"

Zolomon says, "Didn't see much, sorry...rebuilding a little I think, we were there helping a friend..Hawkeye, and yeah he is fine now and guess gonna stay in Mossflower with his son. Maybe we can...don't know..send a letter there and find out if ya curious""

Reva says, "Why do beasts even try and attack the abbey, the vermin always lose...there was like one who had it a season but he lost still""

"Greed, stupidity...an assumption that the last one tah try was stupidah than they are. Hell who know wot vermin are taught about history, I doubt most of them are readin' books" Greg replies before nodding to Reva and saluting back quickly "Soon as yah can" he replies before looking back to Zolomon and shaking his head "Ah it's fine, I can write a lettah myself sometime. They're still there, that's the important thing"

Zolomon nods "Yes it is..and the abbey stands and Ferrvale is still thar as well sur, all is well...well mostly well anyways"He isn't as depressed as he was but still maybe a little bit as he gets some more to drink and sits down again.

Reva yawns "I am..getting a nap in, then can write a report since likely want one from both of us"A salute and she is off..for a nap.

Gregorian raises his drink briefly "Time goes on and Mossflowah still stands...so does this place for that mattah" he's not asking because picking at old wounds may not help "Can't say yah've missed much here. Thankfully no more large bands of vermin attacked, if anythin' it's been surprisingly quiet"

Zolomon nods "Quiet is good, need some peace..course still train and do drill, running on beach...gotta stay in shape."He sips his drink" Hope all stays well at de abbey too, like no ill news anytime soon or like at all."

Gregorian chuckles "Sometimes no news is good news is good news" he says before drinking a bit "So...was she that talkative the entire way back?" he looks slightly amused.

Zolomon frowns, it shows she was.."On the way there too....she could likely hold her breath for a good long while....but yeah lass talks a lot..sometimes not a good idea to talk a lot"

Gregorian starts laughing loud "Everyone has tah have one of those trips. I had tah go deal with some iron ore thing once, had three hares with me, they nevah stopped. Nice guys but I almost wished for vermin"

Zolomon smiles a small little bit.."Reva...can likely make a good long patrol hare...one day...just got to know when its ok ta talk and when its not..."He yawns a little and sighs, "But as said lucky not too much trouble...we did run into one beast though, no clue where he is now"

Gregorian just smirks for a moment "Get her in the right group and they can talk each othahs ears off. I recall at least one of the recruits is a chatty one. We should get them tahgetah and see who lasts the longest"

Zolomon chuckles, he rarely chuckles anymore"Could be..intresting..."A small smile "The trip had some good points, seen some friends and maybe some time see them again"He seems to think" Though....not sure how long Oz is gonna be Badger Mother, he was like...something or other was wrong with him, I didn't ask or ask Xander...Xander is his nephew and..well Xander was crying one day....I wasn't sure to ask for details, he didn't really share them....and then there was the feast"A smile again "Feasts are nice at the abbey and there was music and good food, dancing and me and Reva left like couple days layer"

Gregorian hmms and scratches his beard thoughtfully "Sadly time takes everyone eventually but yah said yahself he's old, that's a good long life lived and helpin' the dibbuns at Redwall seems a pretty good way tah spend the time. Yah have tah remembah the life...I remembah the last feast I went tah there though, had tah dress up nice and everythin'"

Zolomon nods "I did too...even if didn't feel like it at de time, but still end as no one misses a Redwall feast, its uncalled for"

Gregorian smiles a little again "Even if yah don't want tah dance or talk much yah still have tah go for the food. It's literally the stuff of legends"

Zolomon smiles "It is, de one thing I miss..bout the abbey..food and..yeah friends"He sips his drink, he is tried it sounds like then he didn't sleep long when he got back.

Gregorian chuckles quietly and looks a little thoughtful again "Food and friends. Wot more could yah need?...Well, that said yah look like yah probably need sleep too. Have yah even rested since yah got back?"

Zolomon frowns "An..hour..think" He tried to rest he really did as he looks to the door and slowly heads that way."Think have at least a day off before back to the...yeah stuff..training and all that"

Gregorian gestures to encourage him towards the door "Go, sleep. If anyone tries tah stop yah considah it an ordah. When yah more awake yah can write a report too"

Zolomon nods and gives a tried salute, and nods as he heads to bed,"Yes...report..after sleep...sleep is bally good..umm jolly good."He almost walks into the wall and then backs up, finds the doorway and lucky makes it to his dorm room.

My Alts since seems all post them......
Reva-My LP hare
Melvina-My healer rat maid,she lives in Ferravale and helps out the Mossflower Defenders sometimes so...goodish

Board footer