Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-25 08:16:57 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Fight In The Woods

*This happens near Ferravale, just off a little path*

Xander decided to sneak into the fighting pit, hey no one was here to tell him no after all, he had already fought a weasel and the weasel lost as they left with a black eye “He..so any other beast want ta fight?”

Patch smirked as he watched the fight from the sidelines, he had of course bet on the badger, hey he is a badger and they usually win.

Zee walks into the fighting pit and folds his arms over his chest ”Time to exit we need to have a talk.” He didn’t sound too happy.

Xander shakes his head “No, I want to stay, we can talk some other time when I am not doing this.”

Patch orders a drink and chuckles “Hey the two stipedogs should fight I say!”

Zee just grabs Xander by the ear and goes to led him out of the fighting pits, “We talk weather ya want to or not Xander”

Xander lets out a mumble, he decides to not argue, least much, “Hey your hurting my ear, the ear ring is in that ear.”

Patch sighs as he watches them leave and shrugs, he orders another ale and decides the day is young, something is bound to happen in the tavern before the day is up.

Meanwhile outside the tavern Zee releases Xander’s ear and sighs, “Why? Why the fighting pit, ya supposed to stay out of it boy. Thar be better ways to learn fighting skills than that.”

Xander rubs his ear as he takes a few steps back, “ Does it matter? And I am use to it, sort of feel at home in there. I am mature for my age, very mature for my age as I have grown up even if I am just some teenager.”

Zee sighs “Walk with me lad” He starts to walk down the path, walking staff in his paw. He leans on it once to wait on the younger badger to walk beside him, then starts walking slowly again.

Xander puts his paws in his pocket and walks beside his uncle silently, looks like he rather not talk.

Zee walks to an area of woods off the Ferravale path and then turns to Xander, ”Xander, I want to train you, though I will need some help on that as I can not fully train you,  you are next in line to wield The Blade of The Northwind Storms, it’s been passed down for many seasons, it’s a blade older than I am.”

Xander’s eyes light up when the blade is mentioned, “Your giving me grandfather Zork’s blade today?”

Zee shakes his head “No ya have to earn it first, Zork had to earn the right to wield it as well and he did, and so will you. In de mean time” He takes off his cloak, showing a finely crafted blade that he takes off his back and hands to  it to Xander ”I had the blacksmith here make it, specially made for you,  perfect height, weight, and feel to it. You will train with it, it’s your sword and in training with it you will one day wield The Blade of The Northwind Storms.”

Xander  frowns, but takes the blade as he studies it “Where  is The Blade of The Northwind Storms at then? I thought I was getting it as my blade. You even said I was next in line.”

Zee answers “It be somewhere safe, not to worry but this blade is yours and yours alone. Anyone who has wielded The Blade of The Northwind Storms has had another blade before they wielded it, just as ya grandfather did you should learn to use all blades, not just one. Do you know how to use any weapons, did that wildcat teach you?”

Xander nods “I can use a dagger and a cutlass fairly well, and my paws when needed. I am stronger than I look and quicker also.”

A rustling is heard and a voice, “ Maybe we should see how well de stripedogs fight” And then a tall greyish fox steps into view, and beside him is a black weasel who grins “Yeah, should be fun.” They both have long swords and are clearly ready to fight.
Xander rolls his eyes and then raises his new sword. “Are you two beasts serious right now? You’d pick a fight with TWO badgers? My Uncle Zee is the toughest beast I know, and I’m getting there myself. What chance do you have by yourself”

Zee shakes his head. “Tis’ not a good idea to get arrogant, Xander”

The fox smirks. “Perhaps you are right, we’ve seen how well you can fight; that’s why we brought friends” He snaps his fingers about seven other various vermin join the fray, ready to jump the two badgers.

Zee growls. “See what I mean, boy?”

“Just hands over yer stuff” The Weasel says in a dumb slow voice. “And nobeast gets hurt”

“You heard my associate” The fox says menacingly. “Hand over your gold and valuables, like that sword…and while you’re at it old stripedog, hand over that real nice sword that you were just talking about”

Zee pretends to think for a moment. “How about I gives ya….THIS sword” With a small click his staff has broken off to reveal his signature thin rapier blade, which the fox has only a split second to duck as it beheads one of his “associates” that had gathered up behind him.

The fox shakes his head “A pity…..I really liked Grossclaw. Anyway….surely you can see that you are clearly outnumbered, so kindly show us to your fancy family blade before you have a dagger in your throat”

Suddenly an arrow comes flying from a distance and the weasel falls dead to the ground. “Yes, but are you are clearly outmatched, wot”. As the voice gets louder, a hare jumps down from a nearby tree, with bow poised to strike, it’s Zolomon.

Xander seems speechless as he watches the event, trying to figure out what emotion to display.

Zee speaks up for him. “Yer’ a lifesaver lad, thank you for your assistance. What be yer name?”

Xander snaps out of his semi-dazed state and ends up yelling at his uncle. “We don’t have time for introductions! We’re in the middle of a fight”

Zee ignores Xander, and even the vermin pause momentarily out of dumbfounded curiosity at the badger’s behavior. “There always be time for introductions, Xander, don’t be rude”

Xander’s anger seems to be rising. “But they have daggers pointed at our chests!”

Another weasel raises his paw and the fox, forced to take notice, sighs. “Yes, Bloodface?”

If at all possible, Bloodface seems even stupider than the previous weasel. “Duh….maybe we should let them introduce themselves, boss”

The fox growls and throws a dagger in Zolomon’s direction. “I DO NOT CARE WHO THEY ARE…KILL THEM!” and the fight resumes, Xander and Zee find themselves up against a rat and Bloodface respectively, while the other six vermin stand around trying to figure out what to do and yet another one of them is felled by an arrow.

“Three down five to go” Zolomon smirks, before being corrected as the rat Xander was fighting falls limply to the ground. “Umm…make that four”

Suddenly, the fox’s eyes widen and he begins to turn around, leaving Bloodface to die at the hands of Zee (“You better make that three, lad”) and he gestures for the rest of the horde to follow him. “RUN!!!”

“Um….why boss?” asks a stoat.

“B-bec-BECAUSE I SAID YOU SO, NOW LET’S GO!” Suddenly, the stoats question is answered for him as a large CAW! Is heard and the stoat finds himself thrown onto the roof of a nearby home and then falls back to the ground and his death.

“That’s two!” Zolomon shouts before realizing that a large presence has joined them, a large eagle with black and white feathers has landed on the ground. “AH! IT’S A BIRD…..RUN!!!!!”.

Xander too seems freaked out and begins to run in a zig-zagging pattern, hoping to confuse the eagle. He does not want to get eaten.

Zee starts chuckling. “Ye don’t need to be afraid of this bird friend, this is Thunderwing…I’ve known him for a long time”

Zolomon slowly backs up as Thunderwing tilts his head in confusion. “Uhh….long time huh? Jolly good for you, but I should probably get going, wot?”

Thunderwing makes a motion with his beak that one can only assume is a smile. “Am Thunderwing. How friend Zee doing?” He looks back and forth between Xander (who has now stopped running) and Zolomon. “Who badgeregg?, Who bunny?”

Zee smiles and gestures for Xander to return, putting his arm around his nervous nephew. “This is Xander, Zinnia’s son” he turns to Zolomon. “And you are…?”

Xander is a bit nervous but goes to be beside his Uncle “H..Hi”

Zolomon takes a deep breath to compose himself, and then tries to speak as dignified as possible. “A jolly pleasure to meet you, wot wot wot? I am called Zolomon Arturo Garrick Anderson IV”

Thunderwing’s eyes light up when he hears that Zinnia had a son, that Zee’s family is managing to continue despite the unfortunate news he has recently heard, he then tilts his head after Zolomon states his name. “Name too long….you are bunny”

Zee nods slowly as he puts the hidden blade back into his hollowed out staff and a click and its shut “Let’s get back inside de village, to the tavern!”

Zolomon smiles at this “I could use some jolly good food after a fight, wot” He decides to follow the two badgers and eagle.

Board footer