Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-24 07:01:13 PM

Lutea
Website

LP Updates - 1/12/2019

1/12/19
It's been awhile! With all of the various holidays, whatever you may celebrate, if anything, things have slowed down considerably. But now we can get back to hijinks and the occasional butt kicking. I apologize for being so absent; I moved, started a new full-time job, and started classes again. It's been a lot, but - BUT! Here are some updates for the new year:

1. Adrian and Monty have been sent on a recruiting mission. They are set for many adventures! If anyone is looking to make an LP alt, they have many opportunities to meet up with those two.

2. Sergeant Tarsa has been found dead - this is an understandable blow to an already weakened patrol.

3. Jacenta has left the Long Patrol. I was not given an IC reason, so I think it is safe to assume that she simply left, unless her player returns to say otherwise smile The website has been updated to reflect these player changes.

4. We have a new Patroller! Everyone try to grab a scene with Marriana if you get the chance! She has joined the ranks as a fighter.

5. I will be running a large-scale TP within the next couple of months, once the Blackrose stuff is over and my RL settles in a bit more.

11/21/18

1. With everyone (that survived) back from Mossflower, things are returning to normal on the Mountain... Well, as normal as they can be. Obviously, we lost a lot of hares and that loss will continue to be reflected.

2. The haunted fox plot is now complete! The menace of those ghoulish presences on the Western Shore have been eradicated, though the legends will likely live on in the hearts of superstitious beasts. Even though the roots of the fox 'magic' had explainable sources (hypnotism, like in Pearls of Lutra, multiple poisons, logs for vocal echoes, other common magic tricks) it is likely that a medieval village of largely uneducated worker-beasts will be spooked for seasons to come.

3. Things are starting to get a little weird over in Halyard without the Long Patrol influence - how will this seaside hub evolve under their own leadership? What dangers and challenges will this cause for the Patrol moving forward? There's only one way to find out!

4. A recruiting mission has been planned. Everyone love on Monty and Adrian until they leave on an epic journey!

5. Gregorian, Salamandastron's legendary Master Smith, has been re-instated to the Patrol and is considered to be apart of Jinora's unit, though he will largely remain in the Mountain itself.

6. Everyone say "hi" and "welcome" to Feanor, an old player returning, and Rudolfo, a new player!

11/2/18
Hey! Couple updates for the LP here.
1. The fox plot will be winding down soon! There are 2 or 3 main scenes left before that wraps up.

2. Dominik was injured and is at the Halyard Clinic, after being saved by Saja the fox. Rumors are drifting around Halyard that the hare was killed by the ghosts, but they are only rumors. On this mission, one of the "ghosts" was killed, and it under examination in Halyard. News of this would have traveled through the Mountain by now.

3. Website! I continue to make minor updates and clarifications to the website where they are needed. I've made some descriptions of roles and specifics more clear on the Roles and Positions page, among a few other minor fixes.
People continue to send in their information for the 'Hares of the Mountain' page, so if you haven't checked it out in awhile, I'd recommend it! There have been some new additions.

10/26/18
The Mountain has lost a large majority of it's fighting hares. As such, the IC authorities have decreed the following:
Halyard is no longer under Patrol jurisdiction. Feel free to play around there, but on-duty hares are focused on beach patrols, training, and the mountain itself. With such a thin force, it spreads the LP too thin to police a wild village on top of their own issues.

Varus is now major of the First Patrol. This means that he may be running some TPs and the like for those in his patrol! He is also in charge of promotions for the hares under him. Snaps for Varus! Jinora has been promoted to major of the Second Patrol.

Zolomon has been promoted to Private First Class.

Hanzi and Isla have joined as recruits! They will be returning with the other hares from Redwall, while Ewan will be staying behind.

Two hares will be sent out to travel the map in search of LP recruits!   These beasts will be able to RP... Well, anywhere within a reasonable travel time, and can expect to have some GM'd madness and adventures along the way! Edit: Monty and Adrian have volunteered for these positions! This is now closed. However, if you have been wanting to make an alt for the Long Patrol, this is a good chance to have them be recruited along the journey! I am excited for this, because it will mean breathing some roleplay into areas of the MU* that may not be used as often.

It can be assumed that training has become more severe and lengthy. Hares are on duty more and training more.

We are aware that the Patrol units seem very slanted - there is a reason for this! We are trying to establish and encourage roleplay in the most productive and natural way. We also want foster and encourage the many styles of roleplay that the players embody, without making anyone feel stifled or out of their element. Filling up the first unit is more of a priority, right now! So please don't worry too much about that second one.

You may want to read this cutscene: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=928

Plots:

The Vulpine Voodoo TP is still in full force until the end of this month, important updates to it are found on its thread in the Logs forum. Because of the dangers posed from these mysterious foes, all night-patrols must include no less than four hares - and only if going out at night is incredibly necessary. Travel between Halyard and The Mountain, on or off duty, the officers have decreed must happen during the day.

Stay tuned for more moving forward.

Last edited by Lutea (2019-01-12 12:39:33 PM)

Lutea, Aden, Samara, Mary, Nautch, Jinora, Kympa, Isla, Rionach, and Jion
Avatar is a free base from Ace_Coyote on FA that I edited over

#2 2018-10-26 10:23:07 AM

oz

Re: LP Updates - 1/12/2019

Gonna add this..

ICLY: Lord Ciocan and what ever hares are coming back with him have left the abbey as of the moning of 10-26-18 and thinking fully arrive back at the mountain around November 12-14th. They have a boat to use on the river part and weather they keep the boat or not can be decided, its not a very big boat but big enough for 19 hares and a badger, and a couple random beasts, ( Lets say an otter and a hedgehog) to ster and get boat to sea shore smile.
There is a room called Boat Role play to do a couple travel logs in smile

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#3 2018-10-26 11:33:44 AM

Lutea
Website

Level Three is under construction. Please excuse the mess.

Edit: fix is complete. As you were!

Last edited by Lutea (2018-10-26 01:02:11 PM)

#4 2018-10-27 10:57:06 AM

oz

Also...Orphan dibbun hares...think of it those 300 hares had dibbuns or least some may of,  the ones who died won't be back for thier dibbuns sad So thats something to role play also. Not sure how many hare dibbuns there is but...well...some right? So we have little orphan hare dibbuns sad

Last edited by oz (2018-10-27 10:58:32 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#5 2018-10-27 12:19:56 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

94% casualty rate!  The horror!  The horror......  (I did the math like some kind of nerd, so that is actually exact O.o  Well, okay, I rounded it up to 20.  But still.)  But why??  The LP is usually not that crappy; what happened? D:  I request that we come up with an IC reason! yikes

I was thinking it might be fun to have the Recruits and some of the Privates (all NPCs, unless someone wants their character to get in trouble) to have a food fight in the mess hall.    With all the news they've received, tensions would be high, and it wouldn't take much to break them and make food fly!  Perhaps we could introduce all the orphan hares in that RP and cause even MOAR chaos! big_smile  Besides, the Mountain branch of the DAB hasn't done anything for a while, so this would be the perfect opportunity to show that they're still active and just as crazy as they were before!! big_smile  I was thinking Thursday November 1st might be a good day for that.  Everyone is free to join in on that insanity. smile

I'm not sure if I'll be here on November 15th, but I may be able to be here on the 14th, so I can hopefully RP some 'after they get back' stuff smile

I'll come up with some reason for Felicity to not have left Salamandastron this month....maybe have it involve the DAB, since her sister Julia is the Ringleader x'D

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-10-27 12:21:00 PM)

#6 2018-10-27 12:31:37 PM

oz

The horde was still fairly large, and they were ambushed in camp, and ...well the horde was ready for them. There is a role play where 2 privates that told horde beasts where the camp was, and then the 2 privates died.

I play:

#7 2018-10-28 03:59:31 AM

Montamillion

Hey everyone, Monty/Dominik here! I just made an account for the forum today after having been on the MUCK since oh, I dunno, 2000-ish? Better late than never as they say, right? big_smile (My profile pic is actually a drawing of Dom that I did awhile back!)

I'm really looking forward to the RP potential in Monty and Adrian questing for new Long Patrol recruits. It's a very Redwall thing to do...and I am a huge fan of the books, so it definitely makes me happy and I appreciate the idea! If any of you would like to cross paths with Monty and Adrian in our travels at any point, please let us know and we will try to arrange something! I am also looking forward to what the GMs are planning on tossing our way, haha. I think it will be a lot of fun!

Last edited by Montamillion (2018-10-28 04:01:37 AM)

“You will find joy, frustration and sorrow in your quest. Never forget that friendship and loyalty are more precious than riches...Happiness can be brief, but it knows no time in the land of dreams.”

Owner of: Monty, Dominik, and Grau

#8 2018-10-30 05:02:24 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

I am okay running evil cannon fodder NPCs...... wink (Assuming I have time, of course tongue  If that plot or one similar is running on Valentine's Day, I'll definitely be open to murdering innocent NPCs, be they mine or skmeone else's.  I hate Valentine's Day......)

Typed on a touch screen device whose autocorrect i had to turn off.   I apologize for any and all typos.  Also, Windows 10 updates mske mevstabby.  Whee.....

#9 2018-11-03 02:16:02 PM

Lutea
Website

Minor updates (edited into top post).

#10 2018-11-21 12:44:12 PM

Lutea
Website

Updated edited into top post.

#11 2019-01-12 12:39:48 PM

Lutea
Website

Updates edited into top post.

#12 2019-01-12 01:21:50 PM

oz

Yes...De Blackrose shall cause some...troubles smile

I play:

#13 2019-01-20 01:00:54 PM

KenyaAndJacenta

Hello

The player that placed Jacenta won't be back. I am not sure what to say happen to Jacenta  and hate to say she died since they did lose a hare to death recently. Let's just go with she left one day, going with character history here..she did have a brother that died in the fight with the horde that killed so many, many hares in Mossflower....she tried to stay in the patrol to honor her brother's memory and too many things keep reminding her of him so she went to the badger Lord and told him that sadly she quit..and walked out of the mountain and never returned, no one knows where Jacenta went, she didn't tell anyone one else she left..it was sort of a sudden thing, even turned in her uniform......so there your update for Jacenta.

#14 2019-02-05 07:37:07 PM

LeeJ

An update from Varus: He has selected a temp Sergeant to fill the void left by Tarsa's death in his unit. The character is an NPC named Maxim who was pulled in from the reserve unit to help the Major manage his patrol for the time being.

Last edited by LeeJ (2019-02-06 04:02:49 AM)

Characters: Lee, Lacota, Thomas, William, Adrian, Varus, Abel

#15 2019-02-06 09:45:26 AM

Rudolfo And Alts

I have a feeling some promotions will happen after the Blackrose thing is over.

My Alts: 
Rudolfo-LP Hare Private and Fighter
Jarvis-Camp Willow Otter

Board footer