Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-21 09:57:51 AM

Leon

Jedrick Log-Some Plans Don't Always Go as Planed

==This log happen right before this log http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=17=

( In this Log Jedrick murders an abbey beast, and then demands his “weapon” be returned to him or else, afterwards Jedrick heads to the Black Gull where plans are discussed and possibly heard by a beast who shouldn’t of heard them)

==North of Redwall Abbey on the road==

Jedrick was healed up and he even was slowly gathering a small group, with one thing in mind, he was getting back what was rightfully his and he was doing that soon. With him as a couple rats, a ferret  and a couple weasels .   

Thorn had left to get some clay, but she was almost home now and slowed when she seen the wildcat and frowned, she decided to go to the side of the road, maybe use a side gate to get into the abbey if someone was nearby.   

Jedrick saw the rat maid and snapped his fingers and made sure her path was blocked "Excuse me, going somewhere? First I have an offer you, if your listen, a chance to join me and my group as I gather more forces, a group hopefully one day feared....and help me acquire my weapon at the abbey, they stole it from me" He smirks "I aim to get him back"   

Thorn frowns and backs off, "I..don't think" She looks at the blocked path "Weapon?..Him?" It then seems to dawn on her "Your..your Jedrick! My father would NEVER let you even place half a footpaw in the abbey and no way in heck I would join some evil group"   

Jedrick eyes narrow as he draws out a blade, "Why would a rat care who is in the abbey and why would a rat have a say so....your father must be some sort of power huh...I know enough, that abbey isn’t run by any vermin, its woodlander place"   

Thorn keeps alert herself "My father adopted me, he is the abbot of Redwall and he is a squirrel...but whats that to you and that so called weapon is my friend ya jerk, and you’re a slaver so ...may will just tell them whats going on" She goes to make a run for it and bolt between a couple rats, if she can.   

Jedrick rolls his eyes “I hate no as an answer and I also hate beasts who want to ruin things..." Unseen is a ferret in the trees, one he hired for a body guard, he raises a paw and an arrow is fired at the rat maid, barbed wire it appears and maybe , maybe just a hint of poison on it.   

Thorn manages to almost make it to the road, when she feels the arrow go deep into her back and stumbles against the tall grass with a weak groan, she tries to stand and then her eyes flutter shut and she goes  limp. She won't be getting up again. The rat known as Thorn is dead.

Jedrick watches as the ferret jumps down and checks the rat and nods "Dead..." The wildcat nods "Good, now let’s let the abbey know they have a deadline to give me my weapon..or someone else might die also" He walks on down the road, towards the abbey.   

RW Abbey: Main Gate

--------------------------------------------------------------------
You are at the main entrance into Redwall Abbey. The gates are a  massive, double-doored wooden affair, reinforced with iron, and with a heavy latch and crossbar on the inside to prevent would-be invaders. While the gates almost always stand open, you get the impression that the builder of this portal designed it to be nigh impregnable. The entrance arch is amazingly thick, denoting the strength and thickness of the ancient walls themselves, which, despite the upheavals of the past, and numerous cracks present in the rose colored stone, still stand tall and strong. Uncountable pawprints can be seen in the dirt, leading both in and out of the Abbey. Along the bottom of the wall on either side of the arch, weeds and wildflowers can be seen in plenty. 
It is dark, though torches have been  lit on either side of the gate to light your way inside. Things are quiet apart from the occasional buzz of night insects. The walls are a darker shadow against the sky.

Jedrick arrived at the gate, with him a ferret, two rats, and a couple weasels, the beginning of a small group. One of the weasels carried a limp rat maid and dropped then at their foot paws near the gates. “I demand attention now!" He called up to the walls.   

Cynthia was on the wall top with a fellow novice and smiled, well least till she hear and then seen the wildcat and the others.   
The mouse Caleb was on the wall top, "Cynthia I wanted to..."He was interrupted as the shouting was heard and looked down, a frown forms "Cynthia, get off the wall tops, and get a guard or something...or someone"   

Cynthia nods and quickly goes down the stairs, she isn't sure whom to get but she will get someone.

Benar walked up the stairs and carefully looked down at the wildcat" What is it you need sir?" He stayed calm and beside him was a couple guards.
Jedrick smirks and then speaks "it's simple, my weapon needs returned to me, or else " He nods to the limp figure of Thorn ." I hate to have any other beasts from this place die, least she claimed she was from here, it could of been a lie but still a death is a death and I could easily have any of my men wait till an order beast left and...well they could have a similar fate as the rat"   

Benar lets out a small gasp but manages to stay calm, "What is this weapon? Why would we have it?"   

Jedrick narrows his eyes "The badger cub! He is mine and I -WILL- have returned what is your reply?"   

Benar answers "Simple, it’s a no...we will not be letting you enslave any beast, nor let you inside this abbey" He then goes to walk down the stairs, the couple guards keep an eye on the wildcat and the vermin.   

Jedrick hisses as he draws his blades "Wrong answer! Your regret that decision more than you already have, no one says no to me, NO ONE!"   

An arrow flies through the air, and aimed to hit the wildcat in the shoulder, and the one firing it is none other than a hare, "I believe he said no chap, and that was a warning shot next time it won’t be a warning. I am Zolomon and I can shot a fly off a  weasel's ear at 500 yards scum and the next one is aimed at somewhere more vital!!"   

Jedrick hisses as the arrow buries it’s self into his shoulder and he looks at the hare "I hate long ear fools.....well I aim to be back" He nods to the ones with him "We leave...just remember my words and tell your abbot as well" He then walks north, he seems smarted that he looks and tonight most likely wise to leave when he did.   

Benar has made it to the gates and watched the wildcat leave, quickly heading to Thorn to check on her.   

Zolomon waits till the vermin are gone and walks over to the abbot and frowns "Someone you know sir?" He looks at Thorn and then asks "And whats this about a badger cub the wildcat  wants?"   

Leon was called to the entry by Caleb and pushes through the varies beast in the entry. "Thorn is his daughter" He keeps it simple and checks her over, healer mode and then after checking a pulse a couple places he leans back looking to bolding back tears "She’s....she’s gone, I'm....s..sorry"   

Benar holds Thorn close as tears are not held back, he looks up at the hare and clears his throat , letting a otter guard take Thorn inside after a few moments " I...I need to get inside" He says quietly “Your welcome to come in sir hare, its most likely safer inside" He then heads to his room, a little early but he needs some time alone to grieve over Thorn and then have a meeting about the wildcat.   

Zolomon nods and frowns sadly "I offer my help if ya would like it" He then goes to follow the others inside, handing off his longbow and quiver to whomever takes those while he is in the abbey.   

Leon sighs and speaks, "I am sure any help would be greatly liked, and that wildcat held a badger cub as a captive for a couple seasons, we recently got him rescued and returned, he is with one of his uncles for now, trust me safe"

Zolomon says, "I see...well" He makes a mental note, and a growling changes the subject "SO where is your chow at, I am mighty hungry...to the kitchens as one can't think straight on an empty stomach"

Leon frowns, a hare in the friar's kitchen....that could be worse than news of a wildcat, he goes to follow the hare, he best make sure not too much is ate.

Zolomon arrives in the kitchens, he soon has a whole apple pie, a large mug of October ale, some cheese, couple apples and a half loaf of bread “Just a snack before bed, good night’s sleep is wise as well sir mouse"   

"It’s Brother Leon and I am Master Healer of the abbey" He sighs as he watches the hare eat. "Just....it may be better to wait till breakfast to eat anything else, least feel the Friar's  wrath"   

Zolomon shrugs as he gets more ale and just a slice of peach pie, "If ya say so..." He finishes the snack and bows "Till morning L...yeah I like that, Brother L goodnight" He then heads to bed.   

Leon blinks "Brother L.?..Wait...." He sighs as the hare is gone, he shakes his head and goes to check on the abbot, then he will head to the gatehouse to be with his mate and kids.

The Black Gull - Tavern
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An ever present combination of smells greets any new arrival upon entering the Gull. Various ales and grogs, rums and wines; of course, the scents and aromas of liquors would be there. It's a tavern. But along with those airs, the underlying odor of unwashed bodies and unclean boots can be detected. It is this joining of scents that gives the Gull a very well-loved and oft' visited personality.
That, and the state of the inner commons, as well.

The scuffed floorboards beneath ones footpaws will guide anybeasts' eyes to the simplistic layout that the Gull was designed in. The east wall opens, narrowly, its mouth for a well-lit vestibule to settle uncomfortably. Light, both from the outside, and the two lanterns hung there, casts a revealing glow upon the entrants, giving the patrons within a rather decent visual. Slipping further into the Gull, the light grows dimmer, and far less frequent. With no windows to the outdoors, the tavern is held in the palm of eternal dusk.

Across from the entrance, the bar has been placed upon a, slightly, raised platform. Being open on either end, it's not uncommon to see the tavern's wenches and 'tenders hustling about, passing one another as they go about their duties. Reflecting, poorly, the goings on about the bar is a large, dusty old mirror. A few beasts have traced various crude pictures in the gathered dust around the border, but for the most part the mirror (the middle of it, at least) remains clear. Cracks of time and stains from thrown drinks stripe the looking glass in a few places. Various racks and shelves with bottles, labeled and not, settle on either side of this mirror above casks. Two doors, abused and slightly battered, rest behind the bar; One faces the west and to the barn and paddock, while the other, North-facing, gives way to the kitchens. To the south is a platform consisting of drenched, copper-brown wood (mainly from spilled blood, one might assume).

With the season changing once again, the open hearth nestled against the northern wall, along with a staircase, has roared back into life. A steady fire can almost always be seen and heard crackling lazily over dead wood. A few run-down garlands are strung about the mantle; somebeast's attempt at making the Gull a little more festive, perhaps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jedrick pushes open the tavern door and walks in, beside him a couple rats and a couple ferrets, a weasel as well as he goes to order a drink and sits down, the others sit down close beside him.   

Patch is already here in a booth close by, and sipping a cheap beer, and by the looks of it losing a card game to another rat who thinks it’s funny.   

Jedrick snorts as he downs his ale, he narrows his eyes at a ferret that gets to close and they do the wise thing and go to another table, " I need to do something to show I refuse to give up.....I will not be thought a fool or one who backs down easily"   

A hooded cloaked figure makes their way into the tavern, the cloak is oversized and hides the ID well of the beast, including the thick mask over his snout, which also helps him disguise his voice, He scans the room and walks up to sit beside the wildcat.   

Patch glances over, hooded figures tend to creep him out a little, he looks back to the one playing cards and grins as he lays down a winning hand "I win ya punk!" The other beast grumbles and leaves as Patch celebrates with an ale.   

Jedrick tail wags behind him " That abbey will pay, that abbot of theirs will regret telling me no." He smirks as he speaks to the beasts he entered with" I just need to gather some...things, then we get our weapon back soon as I take someone out." He hmms "Just how to get something inside" The others shrugs "They not stupid boss"   

The hooded figure chuckles, "I could easily provide you with weapons my...-friend- or take out any beast in the abbey, I have my...ways"   

Patch also listens, but keeps his back to them, he is good at pretending to not pay attention, sides whoever thinks they can do anything to the abbot is a fool, well in his eyes and gossip is always nice and can come in handy for beast like this rat.

Jedrick looks over at the figure " And you are? And it’s not a weapon such as a blade, no it’s a beast..a badger cub, and I want him returned to me and the abbot of Redwall seems to not like that idea, so I wish to show him...show them all you don’t mess with me." He smirks "I once made a poison for my brother, he used it on the chieftain of Ferravale at the time...an odorless, colorless, tasteless and slow to work at first poison...news spreads fast seeing as it worked, out the only thing my brother did do right, then again without me making it...selling it to him...he would of failed."   

Patch suddenly seems to find his ale going down the wrong way and falls from his chair, quick play the part of a drunk as he fakes a really good sounding   giggle and sway as he walks and then is quickly leaving the Gull when he is close to the door and looks north west and starts jogging.   

The hooded figure pays no mind to what seems a drunk rat as the Gull is full of them "I see....well perhaps I can help, as I said I have my ways, I get it into a drink or food and sit back and watch, trust me I have done this sort of thing for a while and not one has caught on or learned who it was or even how something happen. I can help with other things as well sir wildcat and help get this badger back to you, and maybe still offer any other needs you a of your group has or needs, or wants. How many days do you acquire to make this...poison?"   

Jedrick grins "Maybe 3-4 days once I get whats needed and that’s 1-2 days, we can even meet here in say...a week? Same time even"   

The hooded figure  nods "A deal then, I must get going I have things to do and beasts to talk to" He heads out silently, when a beast starts to stop him they suddenly fall over dead, as he exits its seen a marten has a dagger stuck in their throats and a look of surprise locked on their face. They are also dead as a doornail.   

Jedrick watches as the figure leaves and smirks "Come boys we have work to do" The two rats, two ferrets and weasel follow Jedrick, he even gains another ferret, the wildcat group slowly slowly  grows, its small now but all things start small do they not?

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer