Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-12 09:15:21 PM

LeeJ

Need Hare Names

Doing some brainstorming for a potential new character.
I can't say too much else at this point, but if ya'll could toss out potential first names for a male hare, that'd be great.

Characters: Lee, Lacota, Thomas, William, Adrian, Varus, Abel

#2 2018-10-13 12:30:41 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Need Hare Names

Well, I think starting with questions would be good.  You don't have to answer them on here; they're just to help get thoughts flowing smile

What colour is his fur?  His eyes?  What weapon does he prefer?  Is he a Runner, Fighter, or Healer?  Where is he originally from (i.e. Salamandastron, Southlands, Northlands, etc.)?  What does his voice sound like?  What are his strengths?  His weaknesses?  His preferences and dislikes?  Is he short or tall?  These and more can help come up with a name that fits him and describes who he is, a little.

Or just name him after your pets, like I did with Dora, Rose, Lily, and Felicity.  That would work, too wink

#3 2018-10-13 05:26:14 PM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

When I brainstorm names I use Wikpedia lists for inspiration. Like List of Greek Mythological Creatures or List of Jazz Musicians or List of Latin Names of Rivers.

#4 2018-10-15 04:40:15 PM

LeeJ

I'm leaning toward Varus, Trinius, or Visurgis...

Characters: Lee, Lacota, Thomas, William, Adrian, Varus, Abel

#5 2018-10-23 04:05:11 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

....I would suggest a name that is easy to spell and difficult to riddle with typos.  So I would think the first one of those 3 would fit in that category.  But whichever you like best smile  I just know how frustrated I get when I keep mispelling the names of my characters and the characters of others....

But all 3 of those look cool, and unlikely to have been taken already (which is always a worry of mine, is that I'll try to use a name that's already been taken O.o)

Board footer