Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-20 10:41:34 PM

Leon

Helping A Hare

Redwall Log October 25-2016
Leon-Brother Leon and Master Healer of Redwall Abbey
Alise- Visitor to Redwall Abbey
Thorn-Rat and lives at Redwall, Adopted daughter to Abbot Benar

RW Abbey: Second Orchard
Verdant green has swept across the orchard, taking over from the icy hand of winter, long since passed.  Blooms and leaves have sprouted on the mature trees that dot the orchard and give it its name.  Trees mostly of the apple variety dot this area of the immense orchard, though others of almonds, peaches, oranges, apricots, walnuts and others are spattered throughout.  Why in the minority?  /Their/ area of the orchard is a little ways closer to the pond.  Grass sprouts as if on a mad quest to cover anything and everything with its pleasant, gentle emerald spreads across the ground.  Soft to the footpaw and not so tall as so you have to wade through it, it's one of those plants that's taken for granted, even beneath the shade of the leafy orchard trees.
Sunlight lances down through the translucent leaves and patterns arrive on those blades of grass that let little specks of sunlight through, though the whole air of the forest is cool and green, a vision in jade.  Against that jade, little specks of color of flours and fruit can be had whilst wildflowers can be seen scattered about the orchard floor along with the soft, springy carpet of grass.  A shady/sunny portion of the abbey that's farmed and sat under, lunched and played under and an integral part of the abbeybeast's lives.

Alise sits by one of the trees, the harvest is in so it’s not busy here, it’s sort of calm empty of beasts for now and she seems fine with that. Her shoulder is bandaged from her injury but its recovering nicely.   
Leon walks over to the hare maid and nods a hello" Hello there, I do hope your being careful with your injury. I heard some of what happen and no need to repeat it"   

Alise blinks as she looks up "Oh.....yeah being careful, I was just looking around your abbey, it’s nice. My parents were here for, well a short time .....but couldn’t find much out of them." She frowns deeply.

Leon listens "Well, did they live here or passed through? I am sure they may be in the records we would just need to know when it was they visited is all and names"   

Alise sighs "They...didn’t live here, but they did ......die here, well in the abbey fighting some horde group that had taken over around 8 seasons ago or 7 seasons maybe...Sara and Mike were their names and they may well be buried in your graveyard but didn’t see or find them"   

Leon frowns "A horde.....hmmms, may of been...yeah" He remembers one time very well, "As for if they are in the graveyard, maybe...there is some marked and unmarked graves there, most marked unless we didn’t have a name and usually we tried to find a name, or they could be buried in the woods not far from here it would depend on where they were from, as some did take any dead to other places also"   

Alise says, "They are not buried elsewhere, my Aunt and Uncle would of...told me.”

Leon frowns “Well, maybe we could check the library, we don’t have an active Recorder right now, but the records are in a good order by date and seasons, we could check I mean it wouldn’t hurt to anyways.”

Alise smiles a little “Sure I would like that led the way sir”

RW Abbey:
The library has never looked better in seasons as shelves have been
repaired and so have tables and chairs. The once empty sleeves now
have more books in them and not only that the books are in an ABC
order and arranged by subject  to better find what one is looking for.
The beautifully crafted windows are well cleaned.

This gives the library plenty of light during the daylight hours. The
room has a high vaulted ceiling. The flagstones of the floor are cool
and smooth, and echoes are sometimes heard when beasts walk. Brass
lamps containing short, fat little white candles provide enough light
for reading. Some books are still being mended but being working on
getting on the shelves. The backroom is even very clean and organized
as well. Books were found in the attic and some from Ferravale were
added that the Ferravale beast had maybe two copies of something so
gave Redwall one of the copies for the Redwall library, all in all a
lot of hard work has done wonders for the library.

On an Oakwood desk is the charter laying inside a clear glass case for
all to see. The glass case keeps it safe and clean. Some other chairs
large and small, wooden and soft, have been placed in varies places
in the library and a pile of covers and blankets sit in one corner
with a few pillows

Contents:
Abbey Charter

Leon leads the way to the library and to a side shelf " You said it was 7-8 seasons ago?"   

Alise nods as she looks around "Nice library sir, good amount of books and guessing records are very well keep”   

Leon looks at a couple rows " So what happen during that time, it will help to find what I was looking for"   

Alise answers "It was a time a stoat took over the abbey for like a season, a group of Redwall beasts managed to get out before then and get to the Western Shore and get the Long Patrol to help. My parents went, my father Mike and mother Sara, he was a runner but could fight very well and her, a healer. I forgot the stoats name as my Aunt and Uncle didn’t like talking about it, they took me in after that. My Uncle spoke of it some. His name was Dax...they lived in Halyard, my Uncle was in the LP but quit that season when the Patrol got back home..too many bad memories I guess"   

Thorn enters the library, now that she can read better, even if still slower than the rest, she loves it here. She nods a hello to the two beasts “Hello"   

Leon listens “I...remember that, I was here for part of it anyways till....well that’s a story for another day. Our Abbot went, he want abbot at that time, he was an Elder in the order, also a Sister Zinnia, a squirrel named Anomen and Lacota went as well, and someone named Treesong or Treesing...something like that." He finds a couple scrolls and lays them out as he waves to Thorn “Hello Thorn"   

Alise steps back and frowns "A rat...a rat is in your abbey, why is a rat in your abbey?" She don't seem scared just serious curious, as if it’s not something one would expect from this place.

Thorn smiles "Hi---" And then the smile is gone "I live here, I am not some...evil rat. I wouldn’t harm any beast"   

Leon frowns faintly before speaking "Thorn is a friend, and adopted daughter to Abbot Benar. Please do not worry miss Alise she speaks the truth on not harming anyone. And she helps around the abbey also." He debates on mentioning that a small family of foxes live in the abbey and decides to not mention that just yet.   

" Rats are vermin, my Aunt and Uncle says all are evil and..and to stay away from them, I did in Halyard...course more were there and claimed to get along with woodlanders...that wasn’t always so, trust me" She takes the two scrolls and goes to the other side of the room to look them over, its clear Alise rather not be near Thorn.   

Thorn ears go back a little as she looks to Leon and then the hare, she is not sure what to say as tears threaten to form, "I..I think I will just check up on some reading lessons later with Caleb..in..in another room" And she quickly heads out of the library and down into the Great Hall.   

Leon raises a paw "Thorn wait......" He sighs and walks over to the hare "Your gonna need to give her a chance and besides the abbey wouldn’t let an evil beast within its gates"

Alise frowns "Maybe they would if they didn’t know...vermin can trick others ya know" She soon seems to find what she was looking for "I am writing down what I remember and trust me a lot of it is not easily forgotten. Me and a guard named Anomen, he’s a squirrel, were told by Martin the Warrior himself to seek aid at Salamandastron to help recover his sword and to help aid Redwall from an attack by a horde led by an evil stoat named Marek. The sword was stolen from our Champion Flicktail by a squirrel named Oak who drugged him and another guard. Oak lost the sword to Marek who used it as a symbol of power and took over Redwall. Redwall fell that day and those still there were now captive and under the power of Marek and his horde. Sister Zinnia..." She is quiet before adding "That..that’s the stoat my Uncle told my Aunt about" She looks for more writing on the details of what happen.   

Leon stays quiet for now as he listens, he has his own memories of course and even read some of what happen during the season.   

Alise reads more "Here it says the abbey was freed...." She looks over at Leon "Was this Marek slayed then?"   

Leon doesn't answer, least right away "Well....he escaped, but a lot of things have happen since then and even with Marek...Marek sort of changed and sort of...well he has helped the abbey a couple times, some trust him and others don’t but he isn’t a horde leader now and lives...well he lives elsewhere now"   

Alise frowns "Vermin don’t change...they NEVER do, its probably a trick" Hey it’s her thoughts"8 seasons ago killed my parents and almost my Uncle, that is EVIL in my book" She walks over to another scroll and opens it, scanning it and soon finds another line she snorts at "ya..helped.....so well this is interesting and where he lives" As she reads out loud "Some other things around the area is Marek is back, but he seems to have changed and maybe is trying to be good. Marek lives in Ferravale for now and even helped me and Scioto as well as himself when a beast tried to poison us. The beast was after Marek and Scioto more than me, guess I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But things turned out ok and I am fine as well as Marek and Scioto."

Leon sighs "Yes he killed a lot but he was evil then...and finding out where he lives is not going to help you" He decides to put the scrolls back where they were as he listens, he also brings up "You also wanted to know if your parents were in the graveyard here, we do have a list of whom is buried there whether they are from the abbey or not, did you want to look at it? We have a list of former abbey beasts and others whom were not abbey beasts"   

Alise crosses her arms over her chest" SO he lives in Ferravale and whom is Scioto, dos he know where Marek is? And Ferravale is that town by the bridge isn’t it?" So many questions and she barely hears about the list of graves her ears droop, "Yeah I....would like to know.Sara and Mike ...from the Long Patrol if that’s on a tomb stone at all"   

Leon nods as he looks through a list he finds, he quietly speaks "Scioto was the chieftain of Ferravale, he was killed and his daughter Blisa took over as Chieftain, so your need to talk to her . I would suggest you be careful, it is a vermin village and I also would suggest you not go there all revenge happy without fin current facts first, not base all on things of the past as things change...sometimes for the best and sometimes for the worse but sometimes for the better as well, think about that"   

Alise is listening somewhat, but only a little as her mind races on what happen in the past and that she needs answers and one way or another she is going to find them,"Yeah...yeah" She mutters.

Leon watches the hare looks over the list before speaking "Your parents are in the graveyard here, in a section to the back and to the left, its marked...maybe 3nd row back from there"

Alise makes a quick note of this and nods "Thanks sir." She starts to head to the stairs to leave.   

Leon nods "Welcome and...Alise, please think before you act on anything. Marek is not the same beast he was during that take over, I am not saying instantly trust him but...just don’t go into that village with plans to kill, it won’t end well for you..?"   

Alise just shakes her head and walks on out of the library, it’s hard to say whats on her mind right now.   

Leon watches her go and sighs, he mutters quietly to himself “Hope she makes the right choice"

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer