Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-20 09:47:18 PM

Leon

LP-LOG

This happen ICLY 10-23-16

Jedrick stands by the boat as it’s tied to a tall, strong tree, "I have business, then we will abandon this boat and head north" The two ferrets with him nods as they listen.

Xander looks around, he had been below deck for a long while. The area seems somewhat familiar to him, but he stays silent.   

Jedrick smirks "Let us go to the shoreline." He looks back to the boat "And there is the issue of that........hare brat, get rid of it"   

Xander frowns, he looks like he wants to say something but has also learned it’s not always wise to speak when not spoken to."   

Cora is unsure what the vermin mean but as she is picked up she wiggles and tries to bite one of the ferret's paws

Xander decides to speak up, knowing he will regret it later "You can't just kill her, she’s only a dibbun and too young to do anything to you...sir," He steps back a little”

Jedrick growls as he goes to slap badger, he then nods for the ferrets to drop the hare dibbun. “You don’t speak unless spoken too...let’s make camp, then get supplies"   

Xander tenses up as he is slapped and closes his eyes, opening them slowly "Sorry sir, won't happen again sir" He then follows the wildcat.   

It was the perfect plan. Using the boat the smugglers provided (aka, it was stolen) to go down the river would save time. It could even serve as cover, to hide away the fact that the long patrol were sailing after slavers. With the foxes new found wealth to provide supplies, and the boat which she claimed as /hers/, it was the perfect plan!   

Save for one small detail...   

No one was really that great at sailing up river...   

"Turn to port I said. How in the blazes doesn't anyone know what port is." The fox says in a grumbling voice as she walks along the river. Her voice sounds tired, as if this conversation has been brought up before.   

Cora is dropped in the river and quickly panics and screams, she somehow lands on a passing bit of branches and that’s not really safe it just prevents her from sinking right away.   

Jedrick is off shore, most likely not seen as he has sent up camp down a path, but there is still the boat...empty and for now abandoned.   

"Because I'm not a sailor, y'alf brained dolt! What possessed you to let me steer, anyway?! And why couldn't you not just talk like a normal beast, for the love...." Felicity also looks and sounds tired, as well as indignant and a teensy bit self-righteous. Who would ever consider making her steer a boat? Seriously.....but then she hears the scream and ducks down, shoving at the vixen to do the same. "That sounded like a Dibbun!" She whispers.   

The fox yelps, face planting it into the mud as she is 'saved'. Tail twitching behind her the vixen replies, voice muffled from the earth, "Fel. You do realize, I have to murder you now."

Cora holds onto the lose branch and cries again as she looks back and forth franticly as panic gets worse

Jedrick disliked even being in Mossflower, but it was needed for now, yes he left the boat on the river by the bridge but he didn’t need it any more. The two ferrets managed to get some supplies for a few more days travel and he planned to go north “We leave soon ya lazies, I do not want to stay much longer in this area."

Xander frowns, he was chained to a strong tree and very unhappy, he had been quiet when he could of yelled for help, but he didn’t want to risk the wildcats anger, the wildcat was nice to him, sort of, most of the time anyways.   

Alise was traveling not too far from camp that her and Flint had, she kept alert and studied the area where she was, when she heard voices she hide behind a tree and her eyes widen when she saw from a short distance the 4 beasts and quickly backed up and bolted to her own camp to wake up Flint, she spoke “Corporal...sir...wake up those vermin are close ta us"   

Flint woke up and looked to the hare maid, "Wot?..Ok ok where lass?" He gets his longbow and stands slowly “Led the way, maybe we can get a rescue done by lunch...hopefully" He seems unsure but it’s perhaps now or never, he would hate to of come all this way and lost the dibbun.

Jedrick was always alert, he rarely let distractions get to him though he was slightly off today as he was more concern with leaving the area, he nods to the two ferrets "Get the badger, let’s go" The ferrets do as he says and then go to follow the wildcat to where ever he is heading.   

Xander frowns, but he lets them take him off down the path. Whatever fight back he used to have left a few weeks ago. He has become, almost...totally obedient to the wildcat.   

Alise watches from some tall weeds and looks to the other hare as she draws forth a throwing dagger, "Sur?" She asks as she listens, looking from him to the wildcat and back again.   

Flint holds up a paw as he whispers "We need ta be careful lass, do this slowly and carefully." He selects an arrow and aims carefully at one of the ferrets, the one more likely to cause trouble, the one with that crossbow...he takes careful aim and then fires his arrow straight and true.

Jedrick suddenly draws his sword as his archer beast suddenly gurgles and falls over dead with an arrow deep in his back, he narrows his eyes and scans the area as the other ferret stands ready, "Someone needs ta die before we head on northwards!"   

Xander gasps and looks around getting worried, this could be a friend or foe as o knows in this area.   

Alise decides to jump out and flick one of her daggers at the wildcat, "Release ya captives ya vermin slime bag!!!!" She looks serious as she is in a fighting stance and her aim is fairly good as she has practiced a lot.   

Flint tenses and barely contains a yell at the hare maid to wait. Gripping his longbow he gets ready to help if needed, but then long distance may not be best so he gets his saber out and goes to get ready to help fight the wildcat.

Jedrick growls, he gets the dagger in his knee and yaks it out quickly advancing on the hare maid "I killed one hare today may as well kill another! And this one will be more fun ta kill!" Twin blades out and slashing he means business. The other ferret has a cutlass and stays close to the badger captive.   

Zee is walking back from Ferravale, having helped with the harvest. Beside him is a stoat, Marek and the two are talking, that is till Zee hears fighting and frowns, "Think we best save catching up one wot each other been doing later and see ta that fighting, just in case one needs some help"   

Alise finds out quickly why  it’s important to have good fighting skills up close as well as far off as she panics and backs up, tripping over a loose tree root prevents her from being beheaded but the other blade cuts deep into her shoulder blade as she screams in pain, she uses her powerful leg to kick out at the wildcat in hopes of hitting him somewhere so she can get away and what does he mean he killed a hare already today, no not the dibbun she thinks. Its unknown right now if the dibbun was saved or not.   

Flint goes to charge the wildcat while its distracted, he has the same feelings if this wildcat killed Cora then this wildcat needs to die.   

Jedrick gets a cut to his side as he is kicked backwards by the hare maid, he glares at Flint and goes to knock him to the side “Get the badger we are out of here."

The hare gets the wind knocked from him and coughs, he frowns and cusses as he goes to check on Alise "Alise?Lass?"   

Xander is pulled away by ferret and the wildcat, he struggles and yells out "Help!" A hope seems to fade just as quickly as it came. What will happen next?   

Alise groans as she is serious hurt and losing a lot of blood, she as she passes out.   

Zee stops as he hears the familiar voice and his eyes widen as he rushes forwards, his staff in paw as it clicks and he draws forth the hidden weapon and then he stops as he gets to the two hares and blinks, behind him is the stoat Marek as he speaks "It appears Mr. Zee we have some injured beast to tend to"   

Flint looks up at the badger, then sees the stoat and lays a paw on his saber, he has at his side, he studies the two and then speaks "Hallo...I am fine just winded, the lass" He looks to the passed out Alise" Needs a healer"   

Zee nods still slightly out of it and finally speaks "Yes I can see that..." The stoat with him looks over the hare maid's wounds quickly and nods to a mole near him "Zaram..." The mole does some sewing, its temporary and should hold a couple hours and he and Marek tightly bandage the wound as the stoat lifts her up “We are a bit....low on good healers I can least get the girl to the abbey gates, they can take over and get her to the infirm" He then heads off, rather quickly.   

Zee watches him go and clears his throat" Also I know me ears are hard of hearing sometimes but I swear I hear me nephew earlier...." He looks hopeful .   

Flint tenses and looks ready to run after the stoat, he frowns at the badger before he finally remembers him "Oh..Zee winters, course.....first ya answer me why is a stoat ya friend, he seems familiar or least in some deception or other..."   

Zee decides not to mention names " I trust de stoat with me life, he has had a...not so good pass but de lad has changed a lot, now Private Flint" See he remembers names, "Who attacked ya and de lass, anyone else around and was that not or was it a yes it’s me nephew I heard." He crosses his arms over his chest.   

Flint says, "Corporal Flint now sir and....yes a wildcat named Jedrick and two ferrets, they have....or had two captives, a dibbun hare they may or may not of killed and.....a badger cub" He watches the badger for a reaction before adding "De same one that was with ya niece and her friends...so yeah. De wildcat and 2 ferrets ran off, can’t bally well be too far he, the wildcat, be injured some"

Zee is silent, he seems to take all this in and slowly shakes his head, "Xander......so close?" He looks at the hare “He’s alive?" It’s like he almost doesn’t believe it, it’s a joke maybe or a dream, he then is serious " I am helping to track down de wildcat, and taken' no replies of no either" He looks at the blade he has, he slides it back in place and it’s a staff again " wot don’t always need large blades lad, had this one way before de other one, me nephew Zork carried de Blade of The Northwinds Storm before I did...since his adopted daughter is a sister in de order, she didn’t take it when he died....so that leaves Xander as de next in line fer it"   

Flint says, "We will get him back sir, and course ya can blooming help not wise ta fight 3 vermin alone when one is a wildcat. Come ta think of it he only has one ferret now, one be dead"

Zee nods “I trust you....just he been....gone almost 2 seasons"   

Cora is currently in the water, the river and on a small bunch of tree limbs hoping they keep her afloat. she is wet...cold, and afraid.

Ignoring the vixen's whining about needing to murder her now, Felicity wriggles forward through the undergrowth, wishing that she had a uniform she could've changed into so she'd have some camouflage in the woodlands. Crawling up to the river bank, she looks for the Dibbun...

Flint is not near them, yet...he went to search for the wildcat, he and Zee simply going different directions but each close in case its needed. He has yet to see the fox and more importantly his niece.   

Cora whimpers as her grip is weak and she almost slides into the water, she wails loudly and tries to make the patch of tangled trigs go closer to shore.

The vixen slowly picks her head up out of the mud. She leans back on her haunches. Dusting off mud from her vest the fox let's out a whine, "Felicity you crazed march hare! What are you-oh." She says once she sees the leveret holding dearly onto a branch to keep herself from drowning.   

Felicity gasps, then shucks off her sword belt and sling, drops her haversack to the ground, and dives into the water, swimming steadily to the baby hare. "Hold on, I'm coming!" she comes up to her and reaches for Cora.

Cora cries louder when she almost sinks once and coughs barely grabbing part of a limp and looks to the hare in tears reaching towards her for help." Waters bad!!!"

Flint hears the cry and heads towards the sound, he almost trips over a certain vixen and ends up falling over a log to avoid the vixen and it’s also lucky he keeps his blade away from, well anyone and blinks serval times "Wot de seasons"   

The fox is up on one knee by now, "You crazy beast! Don't jump into the...and there she goes." Grabbing her glaive the fox moves closer she extends the pole arm blade first towards the long patrol soldier,

"Here! Grab this!" Rio pauses, then switches the position of the pole arm, the butt end pointed at her instead of a deadly curved blade.   

Felicity has missed the whole drama of her uncle almost falling on her traveling companion. She goes to grab the Dibbun. "Get on my back and hold on tightly!" If the leveret does so, Lissie then turns and grabs hold of the haft of the polearm.

Cora sniffs and manages to get onto Felicity's back slowly and hangs on tightly, eyes shut.

Zee walks up to where the group is and stays a short distance away, he can wait to speak and see what all is going on.   

The fox's rescue attempt is thwarted somewhat when flint trips over her. She snaps her head around to see the other hare, head flipping back and forth from the new comer to the beasts in the river to the weapon she had pointing at them. "This...isn't what it looks like...I hope..."   

Flint looks at the vixen, "Wait it’s...YOU" He glares slightly and looks ready to slice at the vixen, but stops himself "Wot be goin' on?!"   

Watching them from a tree line is A ferret who quickly goes to whisper in a cloaked beasts ear, seems they are not the only ones here.   

Felicity swims carefully. "Oi! I could really use that polearm right about n--oh, Uncle Flint! Please 'elp Rio get us to shore! Quickly, both of you, please!" She is used to the ocean, so the river's current is making it hard for her to swim back to shore, She is being threatened with being washed downstream with the leveret in tow.

Zee decides to help while the hare argues with the fox "Hold on lasses" He can easily get them both to shore, maybe a little slow but he can get them to safety and then sighs once they are to shore "Found de boat...nothing, no one is thar, thar was but they be gone. We have to find them now, not later...not gonna go through another 2seasons of...stress"   

The fox twitches an eye as a badger comes out of the wood work to help them. Be it Mossflower or the coast, when woodlanders start appearing in droves it was usually a time for the vermin to scatter. And there was nowhere for her to go this time. "Just grab the pole arm." She moves deeper into the water, trying to get her weapon closer to the beasts.   

Cora stays with Felicity, where ever she goes she will and most likely pass out once on shore from being tried, but she is ok just worn out   

Felicity holds the leveret as the badger helps them from behind. Grabbing the pole arm shaft, she uses it to aid her back to shore, too; fighting the river current was harder than she expected! Digging out a cloak, she goes to wrap the Dibbun in it, smiling at her Uncle. "I didn't know that you were in this area....where are we, anyway?"   

Flint answers "I am not sure lass...think close ta that Redwall place maybe if this be de river moss"

They are indeed watched, by a wildcat and his ferret, he smirks "Well...maybe we should help them not worry" He whispers to the ferret who nods. Their captive with them, but being keep quiet, no need to let others know they are watching them.   

Zee speaks "Mossflower ya be right lad, Redwall be half a day away..maybe little less"   

"Several weeks away from my fortune you mean." The fox growls, pulling with all her might to bring them closer to the river side. She slumps against the dry ground of the river bank afterwards, breathing deeply.   

Felicity goes to squeeze the vixen's shoulder. "Thanks love," she says, then turns to the badger. "Thanks for your help, old lad. I say, you look awfully familiar; have I seen you before?"   

Flint looks at Felicity and shakes his head "Ya shouldn’t be here tis dangerous but I am glad ya are safe"   

Zee grins "Zee winters and ya seen ya before lass.....yeah" He frowns feeling worried as he looks back and forth on the river bank and kicks at loose rocks.   

Meanwhile Jedrick and his ferret pal move a little closer, weapons quietly drawn.   

Felicity gently sets the Dibbun down. "Oh, Uncle Flint, I can take care of myself, don't worry." Ignoring the vixen's moaning about her treasure, she instead smiles at the badger. "Oh!! You're Miss Zinnia's uncle.....so you're related to Xandah! We've tracked 'im this far; I 'ope to save 'im any day now." Little does she know that the enemy is so close.

Flint watches the badger "I say chap, do cheer up we will find de vermin scum soon"

There is some laughing as the wildcat shows himself, and the ferret is beside him" Looking for me, I am touched...well your little adventure ends now, who wants to die first?" He grins   

Zee narrows his eyes as he grabs the staff and showing off the secret about it with a twist and a click, there is a raspier blade , well the staff is more interesting now as he glared at the wildcat "Where is Xander?!"   

Rioko blinks at the presence of the wild cat. "Ah well...poo on a stick." There is a puff of fluff and fur as the fox dashes away, "NicemeetingyoufolkssosorryyouaregoingtodienowBAI!"   

Flint is ready to fight also, and then the vixen runs but he is too focused on the wildcat and ferret.

Felicity recognizes the wildcat alright, and she draws her sword and attacks without hesitation. "RIO, GET BACK 'ERE, Y'FLIPPIN' COWARD!!!" She slices at the ferret with relentless fury, her rage at them enslaving any beast lending her strength.

Jedrick smirks and goes to attack the badger as the ferret goes to attack the hares, the battle between ferret and hares seems to last a good while but in the end the ferret is the one who loses its life, not the hares.

Zee growls and slices at the wildcat, he is aiming to get a good wound on the wildcat, he does get some claw marks to the face but he keeps fighting with all he has.   

Flint pants as fighting the ferret has worn him out, he looks around worried as to where Felicity is and checks her quickly when he sees her on the ground, he sighs relieved she is only knocked out and picks her up, he looks over at the wildcat and badger. then lays his niece down and gets his longbow out firing an arrow at the wildcat   

Jedrick chuckles as he is punched and draws blood from the badger, then an arrow hits him in the shoulder and he growls, the hare fires off another arrow that gets him in the leg and he stumbles and hisses

Zee growls low and goes to slam his whole weight into the wildcat, he snorts and slices at him again.   

Flint narrows his eyes as he fires another arrow straight and true, this one hits the wildcat in the behind and he hisses, he is knocked sideways by the badger and manages to stand and rushes towards the woods, opposite direction where he left the badger cub tied up.   

Zee pants and wipes blood from his mouth from a cut on his bottom lip where he was punched, "Xander....." He quickly heads to the river bank, hopeful "Xander!"   

Flint will carry Felicity to Ferravale's infirm, it’s closer after all and something tells im that least for the time being, he can trust the place and it’s temporary anyways, once she wakes and feels ok to walk they get to the abbey to check on Alise.   

Jedrick got away, he is wounded fairly well with arrows, cuts, bruises and a gash in one place. The hares killed the ferret that was working for him. Jedrick by accident had went the opposite way he had keep the badger cub, but no matter he had a plan and it was simple in his mind, if he couldn’t keep the badger no one was going to get to keep the badger and that included friend or foe alike. He tried to get back to where he had in chained up, he would still win in his mind.

Xander had managed to dig up the chain most of the way using his claws, one claw broke, yes it would grow back but it still hurt as he bleed a little, he frowned and scooted backwards from the river  bank a little.   

Zee had went searching after making sure the two hares made it to the Ferravale infirm ok, what it was closer and he wanted to get back to searching for his nephew sooner. He still just had the raiser in the cane weapon, right now just a cane as he looked around "Xander!!"   

Jedrick hisses at the shout and then comes to the cub and growls low, right away he goes to swipe at him with his claws and knock him back a few good paces" You disobeyed and tried to get away, no matter I grow bored of you and it’s clear I may well lose you or be followed cause of YOU..so your life ends today boy" He gets out one of the blades and goes to slice at the badger cub.   

Xander gasps as he tumbles backwards, the chain gives a little and is looser but the blade still cuts into his leg. He goes to stand and grabs whatever is closer to fight with, a sharp pointed stick is jabbed towards the wildcat
Jedrick feels the pointed end jab into one of the worse wounds and kicks at the badger, "You don't fight back to me boy unless I say so!" He chuckles and goes to push him towards the river.   

Xander growls and goes to bite the wildcat's paw or paws if he can. As he does fight back the chain does loosen even more so.

Zee comes upon the river bank and right away his eyes narrow as he sees the wildcat and goes to slam into Jedrick and knock him to the side, or into something if he can. The cat is fairly hurt by the way he can't fight too well. Right?   

Jedrick chuckles more, even when a paws bite and blood is drawn, he then feels himself suddenly fly sideways and into a weeping willow as he sees the older badger his vision fails and he is out cold. Still alive and hurting, one thing going for him is mud does seal some of the wounds, but he is weaker than he was and most likely will need to find or maybe kidnaped some random healer if he is to recover anytime soon. For now he will lay unconcious in the mud and...well sort of heal very very slowly. Should be out for at least a couple hours.   

Xander groans as he looks up at the older badger, he has not seen him in almost 2 seasons. Xander is taller and his fur a little thicker, otherwise his face has not changed much, he does have some more muscle built and different clothing on, a black tunic and blue vest, matching pants and some sort of light cuffs with small spikes on his wrists, he coughs as he lays there and lets being worn out take over and the fact it’s been a rough past week and a half traveling along sea and river.   

Zee quickly goes to check on Xander. First thing to do is find the key to this blasted chain(yes got ooc permission to get ) and he digs though the wildcat's pockets and finds it, using it he throws the key and chain into the river Moss with a snarl and goes to check the younger badgers vitals "Xander?" Tears of worry go down his face   

Xander pulse is weak, but it’s there. He has a cracked rib and some bruises here and there, even old healed wounds if one looks closely. A couple scars on his left check and one on his snout is new. He shivers slightly and whimpers a little.

Zee frowns deeply, he looks around pulling out a whistle    he blows couple times but after a wait of maybe 30 minutes he decides that’s a fail, he then goes to very carefully pick up the younger badger and starts to head to the abbey with him, being careful how he carries him as to not jolt him more than needed or if possible not at all.   

Xander is picked up, not like he could prevent it and he stays unconcious as he is picked up and his forehead is hot to the touch, could he have a fever?   

Zee holds him close "I will get you home where ya belong lad not ta worry I have you...your safe now....safe"

So Jedrick makes his way to a healer, Zee takes Xander to the abbey, this has surly be an interesting past couple days indeed.

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer