Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-31 05:11:48 PM

The_Brony_Marek

From the Dust Part 3: The Board is Set

***For review read these two logs first as all 3 happen the same day, a day after the Redwall Spring Feast that Happen on May 3nd 2018 ****

http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=679

http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=682

Log:

DoraRose scowls deeply. "It's almost always time for tea, unless there's a battle..." facing a different direction than the other creatures, she spots the newcomer mere seconds before the Seer does. Her blue eyes narrow dangerously. Brother? She shakes her head slightly and stands, the muscles of her right arm buldging noticibly under her tight sleeves as she lifts Nightsong off of the counter.   

Stepping around the tavern owner, she glares up into the new stoat's face, easing into an at-ready position with grace and subtlety. She is defiant, and free from fear. "Yeah, and she's also very dear to me. I would suggest that you remember THAT for later, too." If he can do subtle threats, then she can, too, so there! "Now who are you? Where did you come from?" (She means in the tavern specifically, but any honest and not-snarky answer will do just fine.) "And what do you want?

He just got threatened by a mouse. He can deal with it.

In an instant, Marek's nervous tone vanishes, and he only calms down, simply pulling up a chair for his brother and sitting down at the opposite side of the table, smirking for a moment before his face turns much more serious. "Mr. Nightbreath, Ms. DoraRose, Patch...you may stay. Everyone else, please leave my tavern immediatly". Knowing how dangerous Marek can be, every beast complies though some take longer than others ("I said NOW!") and then Marek turns to face his brother "Ormaz. It truly has been a long time. Tell me, how did you survive our little fight after those Mossflower beasts helped me escape from The Black Rose. I doubt very much that Quickclaw would have taken the time to interfere on your behalf, and the last I remembered a sizable building had collapsed on top of you. I would be surprised if I hadn't had my fair share of brushes with death in the past myself. But I am curious". He gestures towards Patch. "Bring me another ale, Patch. And one for Ormaz, this ought to be an interesting tale". He eyes his brother with a mix of respect and hatred as he waits patiently for a reponse.

Patch blinks "Youhave a broher? Since when do ya have a brother boss man?Shouldnt I of been told this?". Marek glares at the rat and he decides to stay quiet. Patch just crosses his arms and sits quietly, listening and keeping his mouth shut, which is hard to do for him but he manages...barely.

Nightbreath growls in the back of his throat, considering killing Ormaz here and now. He decides against it however, as he's not sure what the cost will be even if he's successful. Even though it irks him, he decides ultimately to follow Marek's lead on this.

"Oh, that," Ormaz says, flicking a paw in an airy gesture while completely ignoring DoraRose. "I dug my way out using a dagger, tunneling under the rubble that had nearly crushed me to death..." His eyes gleam in the dim light. "When I finally finished digging my way out, you were gone. And so was everybeast else."

DoraRose does not sit. It's, like, the farthest thing from her mind right now 'cause she's being COMPLETELY IGNORED BY THE BEAST  SHE JUST THREATENED. Not cool, man. Not cool at ALL. "Uh, hello," She says, forcing herself to not lose control. Disrespect is no reason to do something stupid. "You do realize not answering questions is, like, super rude, right? At least I now have your name, /Ormaz/. Do you bake cookies for a living or something?" She's ticked off, yo, and when she's ticked off by an enemy, all the snotty snark has the potential to be released!

Marek calmly listens to Ormaz's story. "So why show yourself now? Surely you've kept tabs on me" When DoraRose interrupts he holds up a paw. "The situation is quite sensitive, Ms. DoraRose. Kindly hold your violent outbursts until such time as a conflict actually arises. There is no beast in Mossflower who wants my brother dead more than I, but if he were afraid of death he would not have come here" He smiles once again. "No, you have precautions in place don't you, brother? You know exactly what's going to happen and when it's going to happen. The best I can do is wait until it's my move".

Nightbreath clenches a paw, hidden in the sleeve of his robe. It's rare that a Seer feels powerless, but this is one of those moments--there're too many unknown factors for him to interfere. Too many threads aligning at once...

Ormaz glances to DoraRose as if seeing her for the first time. He raises an eyebrow, saying nothing. He nods politely however at Marek's declaration of wanting him dead, giving an even half-smile as if he were discussing a vaguely interesting topic with a talkative merchant on a lazy summer afternoon. "Aye. The board is set....the pieces move, but faster than you think."

DoraRose literally stutters for a few seconds. "But he's ignoring me! And I'm not being violent! If I was being violent I would've chopped his leg off by now and kneed him in the groin for laughs!" Seriously. She fights dirty when angry. "How is this violent? URGH." She leans against the table, scowling deeply. She /hates/ not being allowed to be snarky. So she probably will again if given the opportunity. "Also, I hate chess. Bleck. Why do beasts insist on using that flipping analogy all the time?" she asks nobody in particular. SHE WILL NOT BE SILENT. NO ONE CAN MAKE HER.

Marek nods. "Indeed, we shall see how this goes". He takes a long drink from his ale. "Will you indulge us by telling me why you took so long to make your apperance, or shall I have to figure that out on my own. No doubt it was you who ordered beasts to poison me, in Redwall no less. A bold move. And the beasts that attacked Ms. Angela and I when I returned to Mossflower several months ago?. This is quite the long game you've played brother, but why wait so long to make your first moves?"

Nightbreath watches the tension at play between the two brothers. He maintains an almost emotionless expression, even though his soul is burning with the instinctual desire to take out Ormaz. He's starting to see, as the two stoats verbally duel, just how things might get in the future.

Ormaz glares at DoraRose during her outburst, and for a moment, cracks appear in the apparently calm exterior he's presenting. A hint of raw, cruel, animalistic fury flashes across his face, and then, like the fading shadow of a cloud passing over a field, it's gone. He returns his attention to Marek, perfectly composed and civil...or so it seems. "Let's just say I like to be certain of my work."

DoraRose raises an eyebrow at the stoat's slight cracking. She looks defiantly into his eyes until he looks away, then (probably much to the tavern owner's relief) stays quiet and listens. She still would like an answer to how she was being violent earlier, but that can wait until this is over. She goes behind the bar, gets some tea, returns, pulls out a chair, and sits, resting her axe on her lap and sipping her drink. See, it's almost always time for tea! big_smile

Marek puts down his drink and signals for Patch to take it atway. "A wise strategy, I suppose I'll say have to wait and see what will come of it". He simply walks back to the bar. "I'll be watching, little brother. With great interest"

"Indeed...brother," Ormaz says with a slightly mocking smirk on his face. "And I shall come from wherever you aren't looking, naturally," he adds in a low voice. "Speaking of which..." He extends a paw suddenly, and tosses something towards the cluster of lanterns and candles haphazardly arranged around the middle of the room, which up to now had done little to fight back the onset of night outside. Then, without warning, the flames flare up, white hot, bright enough to temporarily blind anybeast whose eyes were open. This includes Nightbreath, who despite being unable to see in the immediate aftermath of the flare-up, manages to vault over the bar towards where Ormaz had been, reaching out with his paws poised to pin down...nothing. Ormaz is long gone by the time he rubs the searing afterimages from his own eyes--the stoat planned his exit well.

"GAH!" Dora's left paw, which had just set her tea on the table, jerks up to cover her eyes as she stands, raising her axe with her right. As her vision clears she starts muttering under her breath. Because of course the enemy got away successfully. Turning, she glares balefully at the tavern owner. "That maniac is as dangerous as Stormfeather. I'm going to go check on my daughter, Marek, and then you and I....we're going to have a /chat/, and you had /better/give me some answers. Now if you'll excuse me," she grumbles as she storms out. She now doesn't want to leave her daughter without her protection outside the Abbey, not with some lunatic running around loose. The world has suddenly gotten a whole lot more dangerous, and the Warrior doesn't like it. Not one little bit...

Marek is momentarily shellshocked by the explosion of light, when everything settles Ormaz is gone and DoraRose leaves quickly thereafter leaving only Marek, Nightbreath and Patch in the eerily silent tavern. "So, my brother has returned. Well, if I it's a game of chess he wants, it's a game of chess he shall get". Turning to Nightbreath he says nothing for a brief moment and then smiles coldly. "And all of my pieces are queens"

Last edited by The_Brony_Marek (2018-05-31 07:29:08 PM)

Board footer