Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-10 05:12:44 PM

The_Brony_Marek

From The Dust Part 2: Ghosts of the Past

Who:

Marek- Owner of Ferravale Tavern and  is Ferravale Ambassador

Nightbreath- Seer of Ferravale

Patch-Spy and Tavern Worker

Dorarose-Redwall Abbey Gatekeeper

Lilymoore- Bell ringer Redwall Abbey

Blisa-Chieftsin Ferravale

Blisa's Guards

Assorted spoofed tavern beasts and...

The shadowy cloaked figure yet to be named...

Log:

FV:Tavern
Outside a sign swings on a rusty creaking frame above the doorway of the tavern depicting a faded painting of what appears to be three rather rich looking skeletons slumped over a table around a black chalice, perhaps such a thing could be taken as a warning but it doesn't appear to work on the locals. The noise within on a normal day is usually heard before the door is even opened and only rises in volume when one actually steps inside.
There are the typical qualities of a tavern within, from the bar to the chairs and booths and the odd drunk who never seems to move it's the little details which encourage a patron to pay his tab if he likes his fingers. One look at some of the staff or customers might give the impression but the room is decorated to the fiercer tastes with bones, mostly skulls cropping up here and there to fill a gap on a shelf or decorating the walls above the doorways, fireplace and bar, a pair of axes joining the one over the fire with some signs that they've been yanked off to join in a fight a couple of times. Some of the comfier chairs are lined with fur and very rarely one might be found with a few pointed bits of bone to decorate the back. Despite the looks there is entertainment and fun to be had, some form of music usually played on a small stage in the corner and at least one bouncer usually tries to keep the peace while beasts gamble, drink and be merry.
A small door behind the bar leads out the back to the kitchen and cellars while one wall has been opened up in a wide arch to increase the space off into the next room where what seems to be a wooden fence with gates on either end has been set up as a fighting pit as further entertainment and something to bet over.

Marek stands on the other side of the counter very uneasy, something is not right but he isn't sure what it is. "Remember, Mr. Patch. Be ready for combat if necessary. We cannot allow our guest to be harmed by whatever has made it's presence felt here"

The door to the tavern opens, and the way a ray of sunshine breaks through dark storm clouds does LilyMoore Louise enter the tavern, oblivious to the darkness that the adults already here have felt. "Marek? Oh, there you are!" She waves and runs over to the counter, a smile wreathing her face. She has her arms open slightly, inviting him to get a hug.

Right behind her enters her mother, DoraRose Strongheart, who is wearing her black traveling outfit, sword buckled at her side, axe in paw. "Lily, please wait for me, not every beast here is exactly approving of woodlanders." Noting the stoat's tense body language, the mouse slips into a more alert stance herself, glancing casually around the tavern.

Blisa, Ferdinand, and Valerie enter right behind the Warrior mouse, but they wait by the door. The Warrior comes up and places her paw on her daughter's shoulder and adds, "Remember how I said I needed to have a little talk with Marek while you draw with Blisa?" "Yeah, Momma, I just wanted to say hi real quick."

Patch nods as he is beside Marek, he is on alert and looks over where that shadowy figure was last seen. For once he isn't acting all annoying like he does sometimes, he does have his serious moments sometimes.

Nightbreath nods quickly to DoraRose, then to Blisa. He casually stands, and moves to a position where he can quickly intercept any threat from the ominously dark corner before it would be able to reach Blisa. He seems relaxed at first glance, but the fire in his eyes betrays his tension.

Marek move closer to Nightbreath, noticing the entrance of DoraRose's group he quickly gestures for them to approach the counter, not saying a word but letting the actions of Nightbreath and Patch speak for him.

DoraRose reads the body language of the others, as do Blisa's bodyguards, and as Ferdinand lays a paw on his sabre hilt, the mouse says lightly, "Hey, Lily, could you please make sure Basil knows I'm coming so he'll know to behave?" Lily, looking slightly confused, nods and goes to give the stoat a hug. "Yeah, sure, Momma."

The Chieftain, having also caught onto the tension and sense of danger, smiles at her inexperienced friend and says, "Hey, Marek, feel free to come by my house tomorrow. Lily and her mom are staying for a few days, so you guys should hang out." The young mouse, looking slightly afraid now, backs up, waves at her stoat friend, and hurries back over to the cat's side.

Valerie puts her arms around the shoulders of the mouse and the feline, and they head out the door. Ferdinand locks gazes with the Seer, letting him know that he knows there's something really bad about to happen. Then he, too, leaves.

When they're gone, Dora fixes the stoat with a hard gaze. "Okay, what's going on? I don't like shooing my children off like that, but you guys are acting so tense....what's up?"

Patch usually would make some smart mouth reply but he just stays on high alert, he isn't sure what is going on but he is not acting like himself.

Nightbreath's eyes flick quickly to the corner, as he murmurs to the Warrior mouse: "Something is here. We're still working out what it is. Something from the past. Something dangerous."

Marek nods, but still seems to say nothing. After several minutes, Marek finally says only one word. "Familiar..."

DoraRose glares at the ermine. "Oh, yeah, that's /super/ clear and helpful.....familiar? Oh, cheese...." The Warrior rolls her eyes and sighs, setting her axe down on the counter. "Seriously, can't y'all just give me a straight answer...." She hates feeling like she is in the dark about something, okay? The rat not acting like himself is what she finds the most helpful. When he's not being snarky and annoying, you know it's dangerous. Or sad. Or something.

"Just like old times, then," Nightbreath mutters at DoraRose's reaction. "I would give you a straight answer if I could. We just haven't figured out the details yet...You know how vague prophecy can be at times..."

Marek still is not saying a word, but seems to be growing more and more uneasy as time passes, he slams his paw onto the counter and looks around, trying to ascertain the location of the mysterious figure. "Familiar"

DoraRose makes an irritated sound. "Yeah, but is it an enemy, a creature? UNGH, you drive me insane...." she sits down on a stool and scowls. "/What/ is familiar, Marek? Blargh, I need some tea....and something to eat...." Just because there's badger doesn't mean you can't have food, especially when the beasts you're needing to fight beside you are being irritating.

Patch tries to find the figure...wait is that him?..Nope that's just some fox who clearly had too much ale and he is leaving anyways. Then he thinks he sees movement but frowns as its hard to tell as he looks ready to grab his dagger but at the same time he doesnt want to look like he wants to flick a dagger either. He motions to an area where the figure may of moved...moving can not be good if they did move. The rat then frowns "Tea at a time like this lady?"

Nightbreath growls in frustration as the crowd moves again, blocking the corner from his line of sight once more. It's empty when he can next see it. On instinct, he whirls, drawing out his dagger, only to find that his intended target has already passed. His eyes flick rapidly from point to point wildly as he tries to get a fix on just where the enemy is. If he can see it, he can kill it--

Marek finally begins speaking. "Now is not the time for tea, Ms. DoraRose. Our conversation will have to wait, I believe the beast that lurks in the darkness may be someone I know, but beyond that...I am unsure"

Nightbreath fails to find the mysterious entity until it's too late--from behind Marek comes a mocking voice. "Hello there, _brother._ I see the little woodlander that just left is dear to you...I will remember that for later. But enough about me," the voice says airily, the speaker stepping into the open and casting off his hood, revealing a stoat with features eerily similar to Marek's own. He laughs coldly. "It's been a while, hasn't it...brother."

#2 2018-05-12 12:42:08 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: From The Dust Part 2: Ghosts of the Past

The creepy cool cliffhanger gave me goosebumps and sent shivers up my spine big_smile  (Alliteration is amazing, fun, and funny.  I also like to speak in rhyme; it's a good way to pass the time.  Playing with words is fun!  The game has begun! big_smile )

Am looking forward to the next segment in this log series!

#3 2018-05-12 07:25:54 PM

Karth Riverbark

I seriously need to make a bad guy now

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#4 2018-05-17 12:22:57 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Yes.

Yes you do xD

If only so I can squish them with my hammer wink

Board footer