Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-04 01:43:39 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Silverfang's Warning (The Redthorn Tale: Chapter 1)

The snow fell in sheets outside as Soot Winters began to heat up the fires of his forge. He wiped the sweat from his brow as he sighed heavily.

"I have to apologize, Mr. Mayor" the old badger said, turning towards a similarly aged hare in spectacles. "In my youth I would have finished the new cemetery gates a tenday sooner" he chuckles slightly. "At this rate, it will take two more. But I will sooner be a resident myself than put down this hammer for good"

"By all means take your time, Soot" The mayor smiled. "Your work is legendary and I'm sure Markalaway can wait a few more weeks if it means better quality"

"Thank you, mayor" Soot smiled as he continued away. "If I could just get my nephews in here things would get done a lot quicker. But I'm not going to stop the lads from starting their own families"

"The young will be young" The mayor agreed. "I hear Powell and Kate are going to have their first child. It should be a happy occasion for your family after what happened to Mason"

Soot nodded as he stopped his work for a minute and frowned. "The winter can be harsh, but Paige and Hyde are growing into fine young'ns and that's all that matters. In any case tell Markalaway I will have the cemetery gates ready for him in three weeks time"

"Of course" The mayor said, a bit uneasily as Soot returned to his forge. "I will certainly speak with...err, speak with Markalway on that matter".

The conversation however was cut short as Silverfangs burst into the forge, out of breath and with noticeably bruises on his legs from his journey, as the young fox collapsed to the floor of the forge it immediatly caught the attention of the two elders.

Turning to face the unexpected visitor, Soot raised an eyebrow and stepped down from the forge. "Your that Silverfang's boy, aren't you? What are earth are you doing so far from your tribe?"

"W-water" Silverfangs gasped. "Can't...speak....water"

Soot walked over and began checking the wolf's vital signs, after discerning that he was okay he turned back towards the mayor. "What are you waiting for? Get the lad some water!"

The Mayor nodded as he rushed to a nearby pail of water and offered it to Silverfangs, after a few minutes of drinking the water, Silverfangs finally stood to face the two elders and cleared his throat.

"Mr. Mayor, Mr. Soot" Silverfangs quickly responded. "The valley is in danger! A small horde of vermin, about 20 in number are planning to enslave us. And they are being led by two wolverines!"

The Mayor and Soot exchanged looks of concern as they helped Silverfangs into a chair, after a moment to make sure that the wolf was still okay, Soot gathered his coat and made for the door. "I'll have to speak with my nephews about this, they'll need to know. Mr. Mayor I'll need you to gather every able bodied beast you can find. We're in for a rough battle"

"Of course" The Mayor agreed. "I'll make sure to gather the valley's best"

"You do that" Soot nodded as he fetched a 2nd coat for Silverfangs. "You'll need this, boy. We've got to tell my nephews about this danger before it's too late"

"I couldn't agree more" Silverfangs said as the two journeyed back into the blistering cold. "Let us hope that the winter hasn't been too hard on Powell and Zee"

So that was the first official chapter of The Redthorn Tale. Stay tuned for more as next chapter we gather Powell and Zee for the battle against the dreaded Kerza.

#2 2018-04-04 02:57:53 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Silverfang's Warning (The Redthorn Tale: Chapter 1)

Wait, Marakalaway is from Send Valley, too? yikes  .....wow, how old would that make him? O.o

Can't wait for the next chapter!  This is exciting big_smile

#3 2018-04-04 03:09:33 PM

The_Brony_Marek

It's a mystery and I prefer to keep it that way but safe to say older than Marek and Oz who are both pretty old at this point.

#4 2018-05-02 10:18:58 AM

Karth Riverbark

Update soon? Chapter 2? Please smile

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#5 2018-05-07 12:10:06 PM

warrior_Otter_maid

I look forwards to more of this story

Board footer