Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-04-25 09:07:45 PM

oz

Re: Brother Gorvenalus Recorder Logs

*********************************************************************************************************

Dear Friends,
The Spring feast was good and the bells are back in the Bell Tower, the woodwork fixed and good as new, better in fact. The feast was named Spring of Voices Return. There was music and dance and beasts had fun, not seen so much dancing in a while.

In other news I need to write is news of the hare Hanzi came to us, I was unsure but after speaking to Hawkeye and having a sparrow check as well...Hanzi is dead, killed by a cloaked beast. The Skipper of Camp Willow had sent the news,it seems Hanzi threaten and attacked a couple otters. It's not know whom the cloaked figure was, if they are friend or foe but at the time they helped the otters and then left into the woods, they had looked for the cloaked beast and didn't find them. It is good the threat  of Hanzi is gone but also sad, I am unsure if there was a chance of redeeming him or not or maybe he was so far gone there was not, then any death saddens me.

On a good note a trip is planed into Mossflower with the abbot to check on our friends at Camp Willow, also a visit to Ferravale and Brockhall, I have not ever been to Brockhall but have heard stories and read of it and am excited to finally visit it.

I need to head to bed soon

Signed Brother  Govenalus-Recorder of Redwall Abbey

************************************************************************************

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#27 2019-06-14 09:20:03 PM

oz

******************************************************************************************************
Dear Friends,

I am writting about the wonderful time at Camp Willow. Seeing their camp was amazing, a great site to see indeed.The moles and foremole helped build 2 homes and fixed the roof of the infirmary and Mess Hall.We brought supplies, some food and drink and Hot root plants that they were short of, an otter without hot root is a bad otter indeed, its like they have to have it to live, it's their life blood.

The weather has been nice and the trip has gone well so far. The Champion does make sure we stay close at all times and seems to only relax once we were at Camp Willow....our next stop is Ferravale, I do hope that goes well, I have seen it once but didnt stay long, we have stayed at Camp Willow 4 days, so 4 days at Ferravale as well.

We did stop at a small woodland camp site of a couple dozen woodland mice, friendly type they are and seemed to really like mushroom soup, well we leave for Ferravale in the morning so I best get some rest I wil write again after a day or two in Ferravlae my friends

Signed
Brother Gorvenalus-Recorder of Redwall Abbey
***********************************************************************************************************

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol

#28 2019-06-19 07:24:00 AM

oz

**********************************************************************************
Dear Friends,

We arrived at Ferravale, got to hear their Bell ring out and got to see the opening of the Redthorn Tavern, it is a wonderful place and Xander Winters is in charge of it and owns it, his helpers seem to be Patch, the rat and the old  sea otter Hawkeye. He has some other helpers I know, and even got to see the Mossflower Defender Base which should be open in a couple weeks.

One would think this a happy, visiting friends trip and it started a carefree and good, then a sparrow brought ill news..Oz, AKA Papa Oz our Badger Mother lies in a non waking deep coma in the infirm back at Redwall, we stayed our 4 days at Ferravale and then came back. He and Krisha had started their Camp Out for the dibbuns by the pond, it seems our Badgermother Oz had a bit of a headache and went to seek some shade in the orchards but was found half an hour later unconscious in the orchards and was rushed to the infirm, he had coughed up a lot of blood and was barely breathing, He awoke briefly only to beg to speak to Krisha, of course he would want to make sure the dibbuns were ok, he is always like that thinking of others first and not himself. Krisha mentioned he called her Mother Krisha before he slipped into a very deep Coma, which he never woke from, he only slowly got worse.

Benar had me write this down, he officially named Krisha Badger Mother Krisha of Redwall Abbey, a title I know she will honor well, she is a little nervous and still sad over Oz, who isn't thought. She will do well as Badger Mother,I know she will.

…....................

I left this a couple days and now add more, I am sorry I was busy and getting some needed rest. It is very late when I heard Benar and Krisha in the hallway, near midnight....the news which I sadly write down....the healers have told me,Benar and Krisha Oz will not survive the night and if he does he wont live much past morning, my heart aches...Benar has told me and Mother Krisha to get some rest, he will be with Oz during his last hours  and will let everyone know tomorrow morning in the Great Hall when Oz has passed onto the dark forest. I best get some rest I feel tomorrow morning will be a sad one for Redwall Abbey, For Mossflower...for many.

Signed

***********************************************************************************

I play:

#29 2019-06-21 10:52:40 AM

oz

Dear Friends,

With a sad heart I write these words. Oz Winters, AKA Papa Oz...the former Badgermother has passed on to the dark forest this early afternoon. Abbot Benar has brought the news to me and a few others, the rest found out a couple hours later at Dinner. Frair Lacota and Abbot Benar was at Oz's side when he died, so he was not alone when he died. A great Sadness has come over the abbey and Mossflower and the misty rain, that soon turned to a downpour reflexes our mood, perhaps Mossflower it's self was in sorrow as well, I know we here t the abbey are. News has been brought to Camp Willow by Ewan and to Ferravale by Hawkeye. Oz was a dear, dear friend to all. He was a caretaker of not just dibbuns but novices and even others. I have a feeling he will watch over us from the Dark forest.
Mother Krisha has taken this hard, I know she has but she has handled it well, I told Champion Matilda and she cried, her first thoughts to be at the side of Abbot Benar, we all must help one another in this time of great sadness...Mother Krisha and Abbot Benar can only do so much, for they too must morn...we all muse have time to morn and grieve.
Plans for Oz's final farewell, his funeral is being planed, so in a few days I shall write of it but excuse me I must stop writing now before tears stain this page, I will write again soon.

Signed
Brother Gorvenalus

I play:

#30 2019-06-30 05:30:52 PM

oz

Dear Friends,
The Funeral for Oz Winters was today. A lot had good words to say as it seems he has touched many lives and was friends with many as well. This week has been a sad one for the abbey and likely there will still be sad days ahead for some time but together we will get through this. News has likely reached Salamandastron by now, I wonder how they will react as I know Oz befriended Lord Ciocan and some of the hares and of course he already knew Zolomon.
Well This is all I am writing today,

Signed
Brother Gorvenalus Recorder of Redwall Abbey

I play:

#31 2019-08-15 07:12:59 PM

oz

Dear Friends,

I am sorry I have not written since the death Of Oz Winters. But I write now. Summer is just about over now and Autumn harvest will be starting very soon. Not much has happen at our abbey...until today

The Summer of Partings

The Summer feast and I think one of the best yet. Music and Dance and very good food. Friends and visitors.

Oswald and The Southern Winds Traveling performers are here! Music, juggling and a magic show , all was great and the dancing...why even our Friar and Gatekeeper danced.

Mother Krisha seems to be doing well with the dibbuns.

The feast has cheered up a lot of beasts whom needed it as Oz was not the only beast we lost in the past few weeks, we lost a dibbun..Northstar and a dear friend, Hawkeye has passed on to the Dark forest. Vojin the former Head Guard of Ferravale had returned, briefly to seek forgiveness and has now headed south, with his wife and dibbun and I wish him well.

Well I should sleep now.

Signed

I play:

#32 2019-11-10 03:26:26 PM

oz

Dear Friends,

It has indeed been busy during harvest season, but we got all the fruits and vegetables, as well as herbs and other things needed inside for storage. We even had some extra fruit we shared with the GOUSIM shrews. The shrews in turn shared smoked fish, a most interesting dish and it stores well for later eating.

Our infirmary is well stocked of herbs as well as other supplies, anything we still needed we got at the market nearby.

One thing we did get from outside the abbey was spices and a couple rarer and expensive things such as chocolate from Ferravale and I managed to get coffee, some spicy tea, and died bananas and coconut from Willow bark Abbey.something I have missed but is not found around here so its used as a special treat sometimes as we did not get a lot, but a fair among all the same.

Now I update some news. During the harvest time Abbot Benar fell off the abbey stairs leading to the wall tops.  He has a broken arm he is still recovering from. It could have been a lot worse than it was but our Abbot will be fine and is recovering well, though there will be no Autumn Feast this season due to his injury and needing to recover, the season may be named before it's over but no name has been brought up or chosen yet. As soon as a name is given I will update the logs even if its just for that. While the Abbot recovers Mother Krisha, myself, and Matilda is doing things around the abbey.

In other news, just today as I update the logs, We have lost a dear friend...Ferro .Ferro was a blacksmith at Ferravale and father to Krisha...he will be missed.

Ferro died of an illness he had, perhaps left over from when he was missing a couple months and later found to be a captive of a former tribe member. The tribe member was called Anwir, the good news is Anwir has been slain and is no longer a threat, which is good.

Other news to share and maybe what made Ferro condition worse, a condition he chose not to share with us sooner, or maybe he could have been saved, was an early snow and an ice storm. The ice storm didn't cause damage to the abbey, just a couple small branches that would o been trimmed anyways fell, in the woods near Camp Willow a old oak tree fell, and a large branch near the shrews campsite but all is safe and sound.

But not all is sad and sorrowful news, I also share the return of Caleb and Cynthia, or rather Brother Caleb and Sister Cynthia. Their  family members were so happy to see them and it was a nice reunion! They also have a son, Cota, who is novice age, but we shall let him decide if he wants that path in life or not.

This is all the news I have to share with you for now my friends.

Signed

Last edited by oz (2020-01-13 05:27:26 AM)

I play:

#33 2020-01-01 09:35:19 AM

oz

******************************************************************************************************
Dear Friends,
The Mid-winter Snow Badger event was fun, enjoyable and all loved it. This year Xander helped our Badger mother, Mother Krisha. Along with Xander were a couple hares, Ewan and Zeldove, who dressed up as they called them, as snow hares. There were  cookies and hot cider, even some milk to be had. Small gifts were given and even some light snow fell outside.
Abbot Benar has mostly recovered and is back to his  duties now, to which everyone is glad...none more than Mother Krisha whom had temporary took over his duties as well as her own, she is now just back to during her Badger Mother duties.
The winter this year has still been fairly cold, I will be glad once Spring is here but it’s still a good ways off. The cold has brought more visitors to stay at the abbey with us, then we always like guest. A squirrel family has joined us..Ping and his wife Milly and small infant son Joey will now live at the abbey.

I sadly have to place  here more sad news. Our Residential Long Patrol Hare Ewan...is dead. He died defending a group of woodlanders against  a fox and two weasels.He won but sadly died of his injuries. The hare maid Zeldove has decided to  take the news to the Long Patrol and will join the Long Patrol as a way to honor Ewan memory.
Private Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri will be missed by many. He was buried in Redwall Abbey by the memorial for the Long Patrol that was placed down during the siege of Ormaz.

In other news the abbey is doing well, our stocks of food are still very good and a quick check on our friends..Ferravale as well as our Shrew Friends are doing very well. Which brings up some  good news and I am always happy to share  good news as good news is always needed after shareing bad news…

Guosim Log-A-Log has married the shrew Lyra. They are happy and  working together to  make the Guosim great.

That is all for now my friends, I am off to bed.
Signed
**********************************************************************************************

I play:

#34 2020-01-14 11:32:06 AM

oz

Dear Friends,

More good news and I am always happy to share good news. First Our Badger Mother is expecting a dibbun of her own. I think this is wonderful news indeed. Also some good news is Brother Caleb, and friend Mack have opened their own Cafe..in Halyard but it's still their own and I am sure his mate would be happy for him and I wish our friends well.

We are also planing for our Winter Feast as it is in a couple weeks time. Joining us will be the Guosim as they are  going to spend the winter here and head back to their camp in early spring.

Things are going well for us, even when another winter Storm hit, all is well here at Redwall, as well as Ferravale.

Signed
Brother Gorvenalus

I play:

#35 2020-01-25 07:50:23 AM

oz

Dear Friends,

We had our Winter Feast....Winter of The Deep Snow and it looks like it won't fail us..I have  spoken with Abbot Benar, the title of the past Autumn will have a title..Autumn of The Early Snow,  the title is  made  official a little late but  better late than never..right? The past Autumn was rather stressful while  our Abbot was recovering from his broken arm. He is better now and recovered.

I think this Winter Feast made up for the fact we didn't have an Autumn one as we had a surprise visit from the Camp Willow Otters, they brough a large fish for one of the main dishes, a gift from Camp Willow.

We also had the Chieftain of Ferravale and her guards, as well as a couple others from Ferravale as well..they have a Master Healer now if i did not mention it before, Master healer Nardo.

We also have Log-A-Log and his shrews with us till Spring, a room set up for them in the old office.They had to leave their camp along the river due to a harsh winter , and their storage building now needs repair as they lost 70% of their supply, the rest they have brought to the  abbey to share with us..so we now have a lot of  smoked fish and their famous bread and stew for winter.

There was of course music and some beasts that juggled plates and apples, some did cartwheels..all was fun to see and I believe all had a good time.

That is all till next time I write...

Signed
Brother Gorvenalus

I play:

#36 2020-04-26 01:24:44 PM

oz

Dear Friends ,
A lot has happen since the winter snows have left us and finally we see green grass and many flowers in bloom. The GOUSIM have went back to thier camp and we even had some moles help fix up the place. The GOUSIM are still very much our allies still.  Other news is our Spring Feast is in a few days time and we are ready.

Some news to share our Badger Mother Krisha has had her cub,  a little early and it's a boy and healthy.  But she has slipped into a deep faint so healers keep an eye on her and keep us updated.  I hope for the best and she wakes up soon as I know many worry.

I must tend to some things
Signed
Brother  Gaorvenalus Recorder of Redwall Abbey

I play:

#37 2020-05-19 08:23:50 AM

oz

*****************************************************************************************************
Dear friends,

Good news Mother Krisha has woke up and seems well, she was not able to be at the feast but the feast was still grant.

SPRING OF Blessings

I indeed think it is...new life, there is peace and friends are here with good food and drink to share and it will even be Summer before we know it.....life is good.
signed

I play:

#38 2020-05-19 08:33:26 AM

oz

*********************************************************************************8
Dear friends,

Forgive me for not writing sooner. A lot has happen and I wish I did not have to write such sadness down on paper. Peace has been shattered indeed,then I suppose things don't last forever but no beast was expecting this to happen! It was to be a simple campout in the orchards for the dibbuns but income morning a disaster.

The helpers and Mother Krisha was drugged with a powerful sleeping herb, among the drugged was Lilllymoore our Bell Ringer and so the bells did not ring..when it was found out why we were all in shock and horror.

The dibbuns were all taken! All but the lone goose dibbun Graceie whom had been hiding on the middle of the pond, the poor child seen it all.

Sister Ginny was killed, as was a hare name Jet...it turned out Jet had helped the vermin for what ever reason,we know not...it had to be great for what he did but maybe it was against his will as he too lied dead outside the broken south wall gate.

All the small gates are being repaired, I knew this but others did not that our Bagdger Mother has the skills of a Blacksmith and will fix the gate hinges and help us find  locksmith, one of the moles I think, to remake the locks.Such a bad way to find a reason to repair old side gates,hardly ever used but will have new hinges and locks soon. We are also starting some very late spring cleaning

Our Champion Matilda, The badger Xander, and a new visitor Caleb a traveling warrior mouse is set out to help get the dibbuns back, tow more are to join but I know not whom they are, it seemed they are to meet the two extra along their path to find the dibbuns,I wish them well and safe travels.

I am going to check on Abbot Benar and Mother Krisha,the badger mother has many reasons to be sad as also taken was her small cub Oz, she had named him after Papa Oz....I hope he and the other dibbuns are found and every beast returns home..safe and sound.

Signed
Brother Gorvenalus, Recorder of Redwall Abbey
**********************************************************************************

I play:

#39 2020-06-03 09:18:21 AM

oz

************************************************************************************************************
Dear Friends,

It had been quiet a while and no word on the ones on the hunt for those slavers. My guess is they found the trail.I would of wrote sooner but I been busy helping Benar with Abbot duties and also cleaning the library. Benar has decided, perhaps to help get his mind off things as well as others minds off things, to do a major cleaning job around the Abbey. Each team of cleaners has a section of the abbey. Rugs were cleaned, the bells in the bell tower now shine as with the help of some birds we got them dusted and polished! The bells are important after all. Other rooms are being dusted, mopped and cleaned and Mother Krisha has decided the Dibbun Dorms,a classroom, as well as a main Dibbun relaxation/ playroom, needed to be repainted and just redone totally,so she and some novices are in charge of that.

The peace was broken however when rats from the south attacked! We luckily were warned thanks to a small group of  5 long patrol hares lead by Corporal Adrian was in the area on a very Long Patrol, we thank them for stopping and it seems they may stay here for now, which we are also glad of as while our Champion is away,as well as our gate keeper Dorarose wemay way still need the extra protection.

I do hope Matilda,Dorarose,And young Caleb are doing ok and are safe.I also hope the dibbuns are safe and they will be found and rescued and come home as soon as they can.I am sure we will have a feast when they return, which brings up one other thing...there will not be a Summer Feast due to everything going on and no ones heart seems into preparing for one. Hopefully bright moods will come back soon.

Signed
Brother Gorvenalus,Redwall Abbey Recorder

********************************************************************************

I play:

#40 2020-06-17 04:24:53 PM

oz

**********************************************************************************************************
Dear Friends,
The rats..they came back and seem a well-oragnized group and well educated. I am unsure what was going through Benar'd head at the time but it did help these..rats to not swarm us as a report said 100s are in the woods and it seems they want to help settle some..order.I have begun to try and find info on the Empress Who Lives together and the Order of Castes, there is some old books in the attic so maybe there. It seems, for now they will not  attack as as they could of but still seem to want their version of order. I am glad the dibbuns are not here, this would likely frighten them , not that it hasn't frighten other, it has.

I must go now

Signed
Brother Gorvenalus Redwall Abbey Recorder

I play:

#41 2020-06-26 09:36:28 AM

oz

***********************************************************************************************************

Dear Friends,

The rats attacked the North Wall and burned the small gate, broke the hinges. Some got inside and others were on the walltops. All the rats were slain and the gate was closed and in the process of being fixed. The rats had started  a fire outside the wall and that caused some distraction and heavy smoke for a while.

A tragic event nearly happen, our Abbot Benar was almost killed, but the quick action of Mother Krisha and a forge hammer, prevented the rat from slaying the abbot, a couple of other rats that went after the Abbot were slain by the Skipper of the otters and one of the Patrol hares that has been with us. A couple of the hares also made sure our Badger mother was not slain by a couple of rats , but I feel she may of been able to handle them.

Other news is a hare that was part of the Long Patrol group that is visiting us seemed to of gotten lost from his friends, but he has found them again and is with us in the abbey. An intresting hare and his name is Elbio, he seems concerned his fellow hares feel he is a bit useless for getting separated from them, I assured him they were not, he seems to be very curious of the abbey and wanting to know everything, I mentioned the fact the abbey once had a Residential LP Hare once....he seemed interested but even if the abbey was for this, the badger Lord would also need a say in this and the hare is but a recruit at this time, perhaps he can be made a private and stick around with us here in the abbey, after all this rat business it may be wise to once more have a hare stationed here but that's not up to me and not totally up to Abbot Benar either.....I suppose we will see, for now it is late and I need sleep

Signed

*******************************************************************************************

I play:

#42 2020-07-16 04:17:59 PM

oz

***************************************************************************************************************
Dear Friends,

The rats keep attacking off and on so its been a long past couple of weeks. They had backed off for a day and it was a welcome bit of peace, for a day anyway.

The rats and their leader came back, attacking from all four sides and managed to enter the abbey. It seemed we had lost at first but then our temporary Gatekeeper Lilymoore stood and faced the rat leader and Lilymoore killed the rat leader.Lilymoore was in a faint for 4-5 days and awoke and should recover, as will others.

Other good news is the rats, all of them left, perhaps went back to their own lands but Benar fears they could return on day.I hope not anytime soon. We have some repairs to do, also some crops to replant and fields to fix, luckily the orchards are good .

We also have other repairs to do.

No news on where our friends are whom went after the dibbuns, I hope they are well...where ever they are and will find the dibbuns, and defeat the slavers. Another bit of news is our Badger Mother left the abbey, we found her a few days later in Ferravale. Abbot  Benar himself went to bring the Badger Mother back, though with only 3 shrews and only 1 shrew as a guard on the way back, but both Abbot  Benar and Mother Krisha are safe and sound back at the abbey. The Badgermother is depressed and I hope she can cheer up but I am unsure if she will any time soon, so I hope the dibbuns are found and freed and return home as soon as possible,I may try and speak with the Badger Mother some myself if she lets me. So far she has only let Abbot Benar speak to her.

I should go there is lots to do at the abbey
Signed Brother Gorvenalus, Recorder of Redwall Abbey

I play:

#43 2020-08-18 07:52:29 AM

oz

*********************************************************************************************
Dear Friends,
No news of our friends yet,I worry as its been over a season now. Another worry is the hare Elbio seems to have disappeared now,I did not know him too well but he keep saying how he had so few friends. Perhaps the hare went on some adventure, who knows.
There is little other news as we get ready for the Autumn time by checking the harvest and starting to bring it in, we are low on some things thanks to those rats and I just hope we don't have any snow early this year as a couple of things won't be ready to harvest till late autumn.
This was a short write up as I have been busy helping Abbot Benar and now need to help with some other things
signed

I play:

#44 2020-09-09 07:24:44 AM

oz

Dear Friends,
Such a wonderful glorious surprise came to us! It was during lunch today. The dibbuns have returned to us, they are home! Also home is Xander Winters, Champion Matilda, Keldorn, Caleb, and Dorarose our gatekeeper. With them is Lord Ciocan and some of his hares. We also have 5 new otter dibbuns that I believe will be going to Camp Willow with the Skipper. Log-a-log and his GUOSIM also had led the group to the abbey when they meet up at the River Moss.
    There were many hugs and tears of joy, I know our Badger Mother Krisha was very happy and I am glad she has her happiness back. She also has her mate Xander back, and her son Oz....Oz has grown up a little and is walking now and starting to speak some.
    I busied myself with finding out what happen with their journeys and still have some others to speak to, but do not worry it will all be written down and recorded.
    I think our Frair Lacota is glad they are home, even if he did need to find more for lunch and dinner. Abbot Benar is planning a feast in a couple of days to celebrate and I also overheard there may be a wedding, it seems Leigh and Oswald of the GUOSIM are to be wed soon, I must congratulate them once I get a chance. Beasts stayed up late and I think I am finally getting tired and will go to bed soon my friends. I shall write more later.
Signed

************************************************************************************************************

I play:

#45 2020-09-10 10:45:34 AM

oz

****************************************************************************************************
Dear Friends,

I write down more updates as I have spoken with the returned heroes. It seems the slavers led by the vixen Mistclaw and the ferret Kurgan were working for a wolverine named Gorax, and Gorax had a slave compound on the island of Terromont of all places, yes the same island that Joseph the Bell Ringer was on so many seasons ago.
Champion Matilda and the other heroes followed the slavers down the River Moss and to the Western Shore where they temporarily lost the slavers,  Xander Winters was seriously injured and poisoned, but he was saved at the last possible moment by Lord Ciocan at  Salamandstron. Xander Winters slowly recovered over the next 8 weeks while the other heroes lead by Lord Ciocan went after the slavers. There was a battle and the heroes won, the evil slaver Gorax and the rest of the slavers were killed, the dibbuns and other slaves were freed. There was even a victory feast at the mountain, how nice. The heroes then made their way finally to Redwall Abbey!
Camp Willow seems to have gained 5 orphaned otter dibbuns and Redwall has gained a couple of orphan vole dibbuns. A couple of squirrel dibbuns and a mouse family was reunited that lived in Mossflower Woods. I think our Champion Matilda is finally catching up on much needed sleep after all the thank yous she got. She did have to deal with the death of the mole dibbun Burfy, he had wanted one day to be Foremole...his mother, father, and grandma will stay at the abbey but they are saddened by his death. We will likely have a small moment of silence for  Burfy at the feast, and anyone else that lost their lives as I was told 4 Long Patrol hares did die.....all in all, our heroes were very lucky as there could have well been more deaths.
A seagull named Rufus has gone to tell Ferravale of our good news, we are even planning a feast at the abbey in a couple of days and I am sure the hares look forward to it. The hares are behaving themselves as Ciocan has told them to not go near the kitchens, no large snacks, and to act like the good guest they are and not eat food just cause it's there, hee hee....it was a rather interesting meeting to overhear from the back of the room, the feast, however, well, I suppose we will see. The GUOSIM did have extra late strawberries and even went nut gathering in the woods for some extra stuff for the feast. We should be fine though. I shall write more after the feast, I am sure Abbot Benar is thinking up a very good name for the Autumn season. And maybe the wedding of Leigh and Oswald will happen, but that could happen another day and if so, that too is good. I must go help our new novice, oh yes we have a new novice...Xander Winters.
Signed

********************************************************************************************************

Last edited by oz (2020-09-10 10:49:00 AM)

I play:

#46 2020-09-17 10:49:02 AM

oz

************************************************************************************************
Dear Friends,

I have spoken with various beasts and my oh my the adventures they had in finding and rescuing our dibbuns. They got a couple of log boats from the GUOSIM and followed the slavers down the river towards the western shore. They caught up with them briefly once, but the slavers had tricked them into thinking the dibbuns were on a stolen boat. The boat was stolen from Keldorn, and yes I spoke with him as well. Our friends found out the slavers had taken other dibbuns from families along the river bank. Our friends did finally find the slavers where the Moss River meets the sea coast on the Western Shore and had a battle, but the vixen Mistclaw just barely escaped on a ship. The heroes had to go back to where they fought as the ferret Kurgan had just injured Xander. Our Champion Matilda slew the evil Kurgan and the heroes raced Xander to Salamanstron as he had been poisoned and greatly injured by a cross bolt. He was saved but had to stay behind at the mountain while the other heroes, lead by none other than Lord Ciocan ventured on after the slavers. The slavers went to the island of Terramort. The slave lord was a wolverine named Gorax, but Gorax and all the evil slavers were defeated and slain and slaves were rescued. A lot of slaves went their separate ways with the help of an otter named Copper. Another Otter named Tenzin has returned with the heroes but I have yet to really speak to him, he seems a bit, well, keeping to himself and avoids most beasts best he can.
I found out Xander will forever have a limp, it's fairly bad right now but our healers at the abbey seem to think it can be less of a limp after some time but our friend Xander will sadly always have a limp and some slight problems with his right hip and a little with his right paw. Xander has joined the order as a novice and I will very much watch his progress to one day be a Brother in the order. Xander has also adopted the mouse warrior Caleb, not the Caleb we all knew but a different mouse named Caleb. I find this very interesting to find another with the same name, our world is so interesting and surprising, isn't it?
A lot has happened in the past few days and our feast is very very soon. The otters at Camp Willow, even the GUOSIM have made sure we have some extra supplies for the feast, even Ferravale helped some as well.
I have more to add later on, for now, I need to take a break as it's lunch time.
Signed Brother Gorvenalus Recorder of Redwall Abbey

**************************************************************************************

I play:

#47 2020-09-24 10:21:05 AM

oz

Dear friends,

Summer of Hopefully Beginnings, that was the season and, I like it. There was a wedding at the start of the feast, Oswald and Leigh of the GUOSIM shrews are now husband and wife.  We also had a moment of silence for the mole dibbun we lost. We also lost Keldorn just a couple days ago, a rare ambush on the road on the way back from the GUOSIM  camp, he will surely be missed by many as this came as a surprise. Tenzin made sure the vermin,  who killed Keldorn, was slain. The threat to anyone else is gone now.
The feast went very well and there was plenty for all as Ferravale and Camp Willow helped with some supplies.  I also learned a little more about the trip to find the dibbuns and get them home safe. I shall write more later for I need to take a nap.
Signed

Last edited by oz (2020-10-06 10:18:31 AM)

I play:

#48 2020-10-06 10:23:31 AM

oz

Dear Friends,

I have heard plans slowly are coming about for a late Autumn Feast, maybe late October or early November. It is starting to look like Autumn now as leaves turn colors of reds, oranges, and yellows even.
Our new Novice Xander is doing well, though I think Elder Kenny is making our new novice very tried with chores. I should go, hmmms maybe I can have Xander help dust the library and put some books away for me.
Signed
*************************************************************************************************************

I play:

#49 2020-11-20 08:26:07 PM

oz

Dear Friends,
The Autumn of Plenty, that was the season name. Sorry I have not written in a little while been busy. I have decided to take a small couple of weeks break. I will be at Brock Hall with Mother Krisha and Novice Xander, little Oz their son is there too. I have always wanted to see Brock Hall and never went, but that changes now and ....I do need a break at times so why not I said. I shall write some of my 2-week stay.

Not too much has happen at the abbey, the dibbuns seem to have mostly recovered from their time as slaves, for this I am glad. The dibbun Ciana, the little hare, seems to have trouble making friends and I do hope she makes some friends soon. Her father was the hare Jet hat was forced to work with the slavers but no one should hold this against the little one.
I am gonna go now. I shall write more later
Brother Gorvenalus, Recorder of Redwall Abbey.

Last edited by oz (2021-01-13 04:33:20 PM)

I play:

#50 2020-12-22 08:17:50 PM

oz

Dear Friends,

Winter is surely on time and just in time for the solstice in fact.  We got hit with a major snowstorm. a blizzard that has dumped 5 feet of snow, there are drifts that are 6-7 foot along the walls of our abbey. I am unsure if any beast got stuck in the storm or not. I know a Long Patrol hare was on his way to the abbey and got stuck, luckily he got to our gates and was able to get in, just in time as well as an otter maid that was with him.

Our Gatekeeper Dorarose and her family was stuck in the gatehouse and our Champion stuck in her cottage. Though the Champion seems to be fine after we cleared a path to the abbey building. Dorarose and her family will stay in a guest room inside the abbey.

It feels odd not to hear the abbey bells, then we have yet to clear a path to the Bell Tower. So some beasts have slept in a couple of times, and we sort of let them for now. We have plenty of food. We also have plenty of firewood for the fires so we are fine for the winter and more wood could always be gotten from the shed, or if seriously needed the nearby woodlands.

We also have helped the  Sparra find a missing egg chick, the little one is ok and healing our infirm. Some of the abbey have a hard time understanding the Sparra...I have learned the language thanks to our Badger Mother and a few others known the Sparra talk as well. The Sparra have mentioned our weather vane fell off the abbey roof into the rose garden, we will have to find it and then figure out how to get it back onto the roof, maybe just wait till Spring I say.

The hare from the Long Patrol is named Lt. Velm, he is a healer and will stay with us till Spring when     Elbio, our new Residential Abbey Hare should be back with us. Velm brought news things are well in Salamandstron, but I do wonder what the storm may have brought to them as storms tend to travel west to east and it came from the west, maybe we can ask Elbio when he gets here in the spring as I am sure whatever the storm may have brought to the Western Shores Lord Ciocan and his hares can handle it.

It is almost time for our Snow Badger day events, the night before is stories and special cider, milk, and cookies for the dibbuns, and of course, the grown-ups can have cookies as well. I will be the one to tell the Snow Badger Story this season, hmms maybe I can ask Velm to help as it's always nice to have a hare around to help with the story. Anyway, I must get going, it's almost dinnertime. I will write again soon.
Brother Gorvenalus
Redwall Abbey Recorder

I play:

Board footer