Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-18 02:06:57 PM

oz

All Names Are Important To Someone

My beaver alt speaks with Cynthia close to the pond of Redwall Abbey

Gorvenalus walked through the trees of the orchards and watches the bees going from flower to flower and smiled as he watched them, it’s been a while since he had seen a bee having been trapped for so long.   

Cynthia was still in the tree and has been the past hour, she is ok with bees buzzing around her. What she isn’t ok with is the heat...it felt like summer was a little early and she was in a thick hooded cloak, to hide who she is and she is quickly regretting her decision   

Gorvenalus sat down under a tree, but not near those bee hives he left those alone.

Cynthia frowned and slowly started to get down, she needed to get to the pond, just a quick little splash of the water and she would be fine, just cool of and then leave, cause once she was far enough up the road the cloak could come off.   

Gorvenalus starts to mediate and then happens to look up and blinks "Oh.." He says softly, then again beasts climbed trees in his old home so why not here   

Cynthia makes it almost down and whimpers as she slips the last like 5 feet and is dripping in sweat from wearing the cloak and if it’s possible to look pale, she does and seems semi-conscious.   

Gorvenalus may be old but he has those lightning quick movements still as he catches her and gently lays her down to check on the mouse maid "Lass?"   

Cynthia groans and opens her eyes a little. She is sweating and seems to be burning up from the thick cloak, she tries to say something along the lines of go away but its slurred.   

Gorvenalus frowns and quickly gets her over to the pond and takes off the thick cloak before walking a little ways into the pond and keeping her supported so he can help cool her off.   

Cynthia weakly bats away his paw. She still has on her dress and sandals and this outfit is a lot better for the weather. The cool water does help her start to be less hot and pale, the water does feel good but she does panic a little as she starts to become more conscious.   

Gorvenalus says in a calm voice "Relax child I will not let you sink...it’s not wise to wear something meant for winter in weather that’s basically summer time."   

Cynthia relaxes some and just breaths in and out before speaking "I...had my reasons..and I can swim let go...my friend taught me"   

Gorvenalus nods as he lets her swim, he himself goes under and resurfaces a short time later. “Whom are you, earlier you seem much troubled"   

Cynthia keeps a float as she answers "My name isn’t that important. And yeah just some stuff for me to worry on not you, I just need to cool off and maybe get to Ferravale here soon"   

Gorvenalus says, "All names are important to someone child"   

Cynthia shrugs "Maybe, don’t think that’s totally true with everyone"   

Gorvenalus just smiles "Trust an old beast, your important to someone, all beasts are important to some other beast."   

Cynthia sighs as she goes to swim to shore, this time dripping with pond water "I..I really should get going up the road, it’s a good walk back to Ferravale"   

Gorvenalus follows her and stands beside her "Are you sure you do not wish to talk child? I am a very good listener"   
Cynthia looks to him and just sighs "Yep..that’s nice and some things take a while to explain or are just hard to explain...ok?"   

Gorvenalus sits on the grass “I have time. Or another day as I do not plan to go anywhere anytime too soon, my friend Minsc needs to heal first before we can go very far"   

Cynthia just frowns "I'm....sorry maybe another day would be better" She then walks towards the entry slowly   

Gorvenalus nods "If that is what you wish child" He won't force her to stay or tell her not to go as one needs to decide on things on their own

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2017-05-18 02:39:14 PM

Henry the Poet

Re: All Names Are Important To Someone

"Hello, I must be going
I cannot stay
I came to say
I must be going
I'm glad I came
But just the same
I must be going, la-la!"
-Captain Spaulding. "Hooray for Captain Spaulding." By The Marx Brothers. Animal Crackers.

Last edited by Henry the Poet (2017-05-18 02:42:24 PM)

"Oh, dainty triolet! Oh, fragrant violet!
Oh, gentle heigho-let (or little sigh)
On sweet urbanity, though mere inanity, to touch their vanity we will rely!"
-Chorus. "P'raps If You Address The Lady Most Politely." By Gilbert&Sullivan. Princess Ida.

Board footer