Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-28 02:47:33 PM

Leon

Redwall Log:Chats About Pie,Feasts And Healers

Redwall Log:
Involved:
Leon- Brother and Master Healer of Redwall
Rayen- Archer and healer fox and mate to Flicktail
Zolomon-Archer Hare and eater of pies

RW Abbey: Breezeway
------------------------------------------------------------------
A covered, narrow walkway connecting both the smaller building of the kitchens and the large, dwarfing building of the Great Hall.  It is a walkway for the kitchen's servers for easy access to the Hall during mealtimes and Feasts. Because it is covered, it is mostly protected from the weather but outside so that more easy access to it is afforded.  At almost all times, beasts can be seen scurrying across its surface -- despite their destination and the weather going on around them.  Life must go on!
New growth sprouts up around the edges of the walkway but anything that managed to take root in the walkway and breezeway itself finds itself trampled -- and quite not worth the energy of rooting there.  Brisk, slightly chilly spring breezes find their way into the breezeway, stirring the puddles of the many rainstorms that always manage to dump water onto the little, narrow walkway -- despite the coverings and shelter.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Zolomon walked through the breezeway after returning a bowl he borrowed to the kitchens, not a busy time of day at least so not as much risk of a lot of beasts  being around.

Leon notices the hare and goes to walk around him, "Excuse me" He decided to help wash dishes today and has just finished.   

Zolomon grins "Brother L....hallo to you. I was just returning a bowl from where had some soup….a lot of soup that was jolly good, sort of need a bit of something sweet, do excess me chap be right back" He slips into the kitchens and returns with an apple pie and smiles" A wee snack"   

Leon asks, "That’s a snack? I do not think Friar Lacota would like to find a pie missing, nor a hare helping themselves to food and its Brother Leon, not what you said"   

Zolomon grins "Well see de pie won't be found that easily Brother L, no cause I plan to hide it in a safe place" He proceeds to eat the pie "My...stomach.....won’t bally well find it there" He talks between mouthfuls of pie, he has a talent and its make food disappear in a short amount of time. He pours some October Ale into a mug, yeah he had some ale also from an empty cleaned out flask "Good stuff" He then finishes the pie, "See…..what pie?" He grins.   

Leon sighs and shakes his head" It’s still wrong and he will still know it’s gone"   

Zolomon chuckles , "Maybe but not by whom." He takes another sip of the October ale." I may slip another pie, there was one other...." He slips in and out with a 2nd pie, an apple again and starts to eat it as well, a sip of ale and a bite of pie “Food is good here I must say"   

Leon frowns and speaks up “ If I were you I would stop, how do hares even eat so much?"   

Zolomon grins, "I will just tell him how great a cook he is, a master of his trade in fact and maybe help him make another pie." He smirks " So I can eat it, these are great!" He finishes the 2nd pie and his last few sips of ale and puts the tin down on top of the other tin." Well I am good to go now, soon as Gramps is done chatting"   

Leon frowns, "Gramps? Is there another hare with you?"   

Zolomon shakes his head no "Nope, just this like really really old badger, lives in Ferravale. Not a bad place Ferravale, interesting beasts there, might decide to live there myself, think that’s good idea Brother L?"   

Leon frowns, he gives up as seems no use to tell the hare not to call him Brother L, "I don't know, that’s up to you...ummm who are you?"   

Zolomon answers with a bow "Zolomon Arturo Garrick Anderson IV"   

Leon nods "Nice to meet you, I think I remember you from few days ago. You were the one who shot an arrow at Jedrick, the wildcat at the gates about a week ago"   

Rayen uses the breezeway to get out of some light drizzle that has started and nods a hello to the two beasts here.   

Zolomon nods "Yeah the chap is dead now, very dead in fact so no more threat..." He nods a hello to the fox "Hallo miss"   

Leon asks, "Hello Rayen how are you doing?"   

Rayen says, "Hi, I am doing well. Looks like we have a new guest at the abbey"   

Zolomon says, " "Zolomon Arturo Garrick Anderson IV" He smiles "Rayen huh....hmm" Well he can think of a short nickname later."   

Leon nods "Yeah, think he is just passing through though"   

Rayen nods "Always nice to see new guests"   

Leon nods "Yes new guests are always welcome"

Zolomon grins "I like this place and even though missed the last feast I have no plans to miss the winter feast whenever it is"   

Rayen chuckles, "It will be a couple months till the winter feast, and we have a feast each season, to welcome the new season and name the season"   

Leon says, "Yes should be interesting, then feasts are always nice"

Zolomon is curious "Interesting how Brother L?"   

Rayen blinks at the name, and waits on a reply.   

Leon answers "Well a stoat named Marek was recently forgiven and invited to the winter feast, he has abbey hospitality back and can enter the abbey....least think so, or if he is ever hurt could be treated in the abbey infirm now as before he couldn’t be"

Zolomon says, "I know him, Mr. M at de tavern in Ferravale. I think he is a good guy...I trust the chap, and he is tavern owner in Ferravale and good ale there too""   

Rayen says, "I heard about that"   

Leon says, "Anyway I should get back to the infirm, in case I am needed"   

Zolomon nods "Course Brother L." He then thinks "You’re a healer right?"   

Rayen smiles "Brother Leon is the Master Healer of the abbey, I am a healer who helps him when needed, why do you ask?"   

Leon starts to head off and then waits to listen to the hare.   

Zolomon frowns "Gramps mentioned...that he was dying and….well he is really really old but, I don't know...maybe there is some way to stop it?" He then shakes his head "Never mind dumb question as course there isn’t.......I should go find Gramps he promised xandy he be back by tonight and xandy is at the hut in Ferravale....chat later" He then walks off.

Rayen frowns "His grandpa?"   

Leon blinks and frowns "No...he means Zee. Zee did mention it to me week or so ago, we talked about a couple other things. That was one of them.....not really anything I can do, I mean zee is...well pretty old, think older than Lorimis was even."   

Rayen nods " Maybe talk to him, don’t know....need any help in the infirm?"

Leon shakes his head "No....not right now, I best check on a beast in the infirm though. A novice was helping in the cellar and dropped a heavy box on their foot paw, think it’s just sprang but they wanted me to check it again in case its broke so see you later" He then heads off.

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer