Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-06-30 11:20:12 AM

aeysin
Administrator
Website

Registration Disabled

Realized this AM that spammers have been pummeling forum registration for like two weeks. Guess with all the modern advances in AI and whatever, answering questions about Redwall books is no longer a viable way to trick bots. Unfortunately the software this forum uses was abandoned by its creators and is not maintained anymore.. I don't know if there is any easy way to add additional anti-spam measures to the registration form. I will look into it but I am working an obnoxious amount of overtime right now, so bear with me.

For now I have disabled registrations.

If you run into anybody that is not a bot and needs an account, reply here and I will make one for them.

Edit to add... The good news is that the bots weren't actually able to make posts that I can tell, only create accounts. But I don't want hundreds of bot accounts to be able to browse the site while logged in. I am going to delete / ban them all. Sorry in advance if any legitimate registrations get caught in the sweep by mistake (don't worry this will only affect accounts made since like 6/19).

Last edited by aeysin (2024-06-30 11:27:07 AM)

Board footer