Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-26 07:32:32 PM

Proud LP

Feast Time!Autumn of the Roof!!!

*Its Long as has some pre feast stuff*

In the middle of the mostly empty hall the many tables sat waiting for the feast sat. A squirrel, Spruce, was adjusting one of the spoons - he'd spent more than half an hour making sure everything was perfectly set, having roped in the help of the few hapless novices running around and the mouse visitor-turned-resident, Urtas. The latter looks at his friend with a sigh. "You went over this table already.

"Yes, but /someone/ bumped it."   

Jaison glaces over and chuckles slightly"I am sure no one is worried if a spoon is slightly out of place,lest I don't think anyways"   

Krisha is making sure the dibbuns behave and finish cleaning up before the feast,so far they have behaved and it's likely cause its close to time of the snow badger or least here in a few weeks.A soft sigh as a young vole is told to go clean his paw,again.

With both paws gesturing to Jaison, Urtas half seriously pleads with the squirrel. "Listen to the good healer, Spruce, com'on!"   

"It matters to /me/." The squirrel mutters, stepping back from the table. "And besides, I'm done now. I think....." He eyes the rest of the tables.   

Jaison nods"I see, not to worry all should be fine and in order for the feast today.It will be very nice"

Krisha glaces over at the beasts in the room but for now stays where she is keeping the dibbuns out of trouble and out of beasts way till it's time to sit down.   

"Yes, no thanks to this lot..." Spruce says, pointing over his shoulder at Urtas - but he has a grin on his face that grows even wider as the mouse scoffs behind him. "Oi, I /told/ you details aren't my thing."

"Yeah, yeah," Spruce waves him off, though his bright expression falters when he spots the dibbuns. Ever since Dochas left they've been more behaved, /shockingly/, and he'd been blamed for a lot less, but... "I kinda miss when the dibbuns went wild. It was fun to watch the fireworks go off."

Jaison frowns"I like them behaved, no beast should run around and scream for no reason and besides."He clears his throat "Its the winter season soon enough, snow badger and all that. of course they behave for that and likely back to crazy afterwards but whom knows. I never was...ill behaved as a dibbun"   

Lacota is naturally busy in the kitchen right now. His assistants run hither and thither to make things ready.   

Krisha tells the dibbuns to go off with Sister Anna and walks over to the others"Hello,I do hope all is well"

Gorvenalus has been in the library most of the day, but Oz does wander inside and look around. He has spent a lot of time in the orchards learning about the bees and how to care for them.

"Hullo, badger mother!" Spruce waves- the slight tension he had held disappears with the dibbuns gone. "I think everything is set out here, though I'm a tad unwilling to ask the friar how goes his work. I don't want my head bitten off."   

The mouse, Urtas, glances at Jaison with a questioning brow. "Snow Badger, what's that, Master Healer?"   

Jaison smiles"I am doing well.The infirm is nice and organized and should be finbe threw winter"He looks at the mouse"You don't know the snow badger? He ...well story goes he brings winter or well his snow hares do and he brings gifts to good beasts all over or most places and i am unsure of not so good beasts, and sometimes he will let a beast see him but thats rare.I am unsure he is real or not myself but snow is nice, and if he is real he brought WAY too much snow that one year."   

This whole time, novices keep bringing food out to place on the assembled tables.   

Krisha nods,a small frown at Jaison as she thinks on the winter he speaks of,but she doesn't dweel on it too long."Its not for a while yet, that snow comes and sometimes snow comes a few days before that"She has yet to figure out how to do things this year.   

Oz sits at one of the far tables, staying out of the way for now and close to the library steps.

"I never saw snow till last spring, when I came to Mossflower." Urtas replies, "It was all melting then though. I also did not know you inlanders had a legend about it, either."   

Spruce spares a glance at Oz sitting off to the side. He turns around to face the other beasts, though many is addressing Jaison and Urtas. "Say, anyone wish to, uh, /test/ the cordial and ales in the cellar before the feast? I'm not sure the hedgehog managed it yet, and, well, someone's got to make sure they won't make us all sick - and top quality, of course.... You want in, Mother Krisha?"   

Jaison frowns"I am sure it's fine, besides there will be enough at the feast for those able to drink it. And drinking to much is not a good thing,not at all". Nearby is a chuckle,it seems a certain wildcat is visiting,he heard of the feast so he wandered over to the abbey.Hey free food and good food at that.It was one thing he loved about this place,the good food.   

Krisha crosses her arms"No..."She hears the laugh and then sees the wildcat.A deep breath as she calms herself,she still is unsure of the cat and when he is around she avoids him.   

Oz tilts his head and decides to see what is going on"Is..something wrong? What is funny?"

Lacota would likely tan their hides if he caught them in the cellar sampling the drinks. At any rate, the squirrel suddnly makes an appearance from the kitchen, pushing a trolley toward the head table, a large cake sat upon its top.   

"Come on, Jaison, Krisha, even a /taste?/" Spruce spreads his arms out. "Don't you ever want to live a little, eh?" He can see Urtas face palming in the background, and he tries to salvage the plan. "It'll be for the good of the abbey, and the feast! It's a noble cau-" he stops, hearing the laughter as well - and spying the friar. Urtas though shifts uncomfortably at the Wildcat's appearance.   

Jaison says, "I don't drink."He says calmly"Just in case I need to tend to something,besides most drinks taste bad to me. tea or water is fine,maybe a small little bit of cider now and then"   

Kage snorts as he listens but he doesn't wander over to the group. He decides to stay by the doorway though as he watches others come and go from the room,others being busy with things that need done in time for teh feast.

Krisha shakes her head"No driking any ale right now, we can wait for the feast as it's for the feast"   

The younger squirrel in the room shrugs, "Well, it's not just ale down there - I'm more interested in the /non/-alcohol containing sweet stuff, to be frank." Spruce grins, though he's put off by Urtas' and the badger mother's reaction to the wildcat. "Friar Lacota! What say you? Wanna taste test the feast's drinks when you're done?" He calls over, not at all expecting the older squirrel to agree.   

The same door Kage stood near opens again - this time revealing too bundled up hares in their dress uniform. "Heyo, Redwall!" calls Greenhill, taking off the long over coat of the Patrol, "Corporal Eshter Sheen and Private Lawrence Harolds, representing the 67th for this wonderful feast- oh. We're early, it seems."   

Jaison just shakes his head, a small shrug"There is a rather nice strawberry fizz with some slight...peach I think in it, not sure tis new."He waves to the hares"Hello!"

Lacota snorts, as he gets a novice to help him lift the cake up onto the head table. "You know as well as I do that Matilda will have a fit if you do."

Krisha sits downn in a chair,she seems a little tried now and it's still a liittle while before the feast starts.   

"There's hope for you yet," Spruce says with a sly grin at the healer. He waves a paw at the friar. "Yeah, yeah, I'm aware. But the risk's half the fun!" He winks.   

The hares for their part nod in greeting. "Badger Mother Krisha, right?" Sheen says, walking right past Kage to stand by the rest of the beasts in the hall. The hare Harolds, though, narrows his eyes at the wildcat as he passes. Urtas meanwhile has made himself busy by helping out with the novices brining out food.

Krisha nods to face the hares"Yes I am Krisha,was you needing something?"   

Jaison smiles a bit"I...well...it is good to wait,after all..no rush am I correct?"   

Esther blinks. "Uh, just saying hello - we're here for the feast, of course." She adds a smile for good measure, before turning to Jaison and Spruce. "Hello! I don't think we've met - I'm Esther Sheen, of the 67th Patrol. We came last feast though I don't really recall either of you, I think."   

"I'm Spruce," the squirrel murmurs in response.

Krisha nods"Of course, its good to still have some Long Patrol hares nearby the abbey.It makes the area safer and helps to keep the peace."   

Gorvenalus chooses now to wander down the steps from the library.He is carring a couple books down that he will place in his room for now.   

Lacota harrumps. "You mean to eat us out of house and home, I think," he scoffs.   

"Well," Sheen begins, turning to Lacota, "If you weren't such a good cook there would be no danger of that," she says as sweetly as she can, "But the world would be worse for it, I'd say!" With a laugh she looks back at the badger, bowing her head. "That's our hopes for Mossflower - and the Abbey - too."   

Jaison nods"Peace is always nice to have,tis a good thing" Meanwhile the wildcat yawns as if he is bored and looks towards the doorway that leads to the kichens while everyone else appears busy at the mormeent.   

Lacota harrumps again, but he nods. "Aye, it's good to finally be appreciated, it is. I dare say beasts here have started to take me for granted."   

Krisha smiles"Yes, peace is good.The woods have been very quiet,for the most part. Nothing really been happening."A small frown"Even when they found.....well no one knows what happen really,no signs of a fight or so I heard"   

Oz sighs And looks hopefull"Could I take a walk in the woods, I am old enough to explore on my own and I know to be carefull and to avoid areas that look creepy or out of place."

"Trust me, my good friar," Sheen says still with that smile, "Us hares would never ever take your skills for granted." At the reference to Elbio, though, the smile falters. "The loss of the lieutenant hit us all pretty hard in the Patrol. We still haven't found the culprit, either, which is why there aren't more hares here - the commander's doesn't wish to show her face her until she can bring to justice whoever is responsible."   

The other hare hasn't moved that far into the room, keeping an eye on the wildcat - when he yawns, Harolds flinches slightly.   

"You know Oz, maybe I could show you around some time." Spruce says to the young badger. "I've only left the Abbey a few times since I got here, but I like to think I know my way around."   

Jaison sits,a look to the wildcat"Tried? its still early afternoon"

Kage just smirks as he gets up"I am fine,no worries"   

Krisha shakes her head"You are not going out alone Oz...I"She starts to lecture him when a novice rushes over and whispers something"A dibbun did what!?"And...she rushes off, no lectures today it seems.

Gorvenalus frowns "But....."And he blinks as she rushes off"WHat...just happen?" Its hard to say but a dibbun is likely in trouble,well the dibbun mischief had to happen at some point.

"Alright." Spruce whispers low enough for no one else but Oz, "Now I'll definitely help break you out - though I'm scared to death by your mother."   

Sheen, for her part, coughs once. "Well then. Er..." She catches Harolds' eye, who turns to the wildcat after a moment. "Say, friend, what's your name?" The attempt to break the ice is painful for anyone who hears.

Kage grins"I am Kage, pleased to meet you..."He starts to head to the cellar it seems.But Jaison stops him"I say you should..stop, we all should stay where we are.."The wildcat chuckles"You lot are no fun at all,you know that right?"

Oz blinks"Break...out?" He looks at the wildcat and frowns,and back to Spruce"But where would we ..go? And I should likely stay as mother would just worry or like ground me till I am like super, super old and all grey and stuff"

The squirrel waves his paw, "Easier t beg forgiveness than ask permission, they say, and I for one don't intend to leave Redwall permanently. As for where, well," he glances at the wildcat even as he whispers to the badger, "The river moss, maybe a few of the taverns around, or the ol' ruined church. We could be back in a day or two."   

Harolds' eyebrows raise when the healer stops Kage. "Is there a problem?" He asks the healer, hoping to stop any conflict arising.   
"Oi, Harolds!" Sheen calls, "I'm sure they can figure it out. I'm gonna find a seat."   

Oz blinks "I only know of the..Black Gull taven and I don't think its very friendly to many beasts and it's kind of creepy"

Jaison had left the room for a short while, but now comes back .He frowns as the wildcat Kage just seems, well he isbn't sure just slightly annoying and the whole no one is fun statement"What is that supposed to mean sir?"   

"You wouldn't fit in, no..." Spruce mutters. "But we can probably talk about this later." Truth be told the squirrel was no wholly distracted by the wildcat, the healer, and hares. Harolds coughs. "Erm, excuse me," he says, distancing himself from the pair.   

Oz nods"Yeah, besides I likely , not sure on wandering off anyways"   

Jaison sighs and just decides to not worry on the wildcat.Kage though raises an eyebrow at the hares and slips out a cantee of some sort and takes a sip from it before placeing it back into his pocket"I simply stared you woodlanders seem to not have any since of adventure, doesnt that get rather boring?"   

Lacota is *still* busy setting up, as the Abbot seems to be busy with some important business that's kept him later than expected.   
"I'd say it does!" Spruce calls from across the hall, deciding to be rather friendly to the wildcat everyone else seems to have some sort of aversion to. Greenhill laughs. "Adventure is a tricky thing - and /long/. And sometime boring is better."   

Oz frowns "Adventures can be..back and get you into trouble even if your not looking for trouble."   

Kage shrugs "One good thibg bout this place is de food, tis the best"

"That we can all agree on!" Greenhill grins, "Speaking of, now I better find a seat..." The hare turns away, moving across the hall. Spruce looks around. "Where'd Urtas get to?" He murmurs, shaking his head. "Anyway, I'm gonna go down to the cellar to see if I can't taste test what's being brought out for the feast," he says with a wave to Oz. "See you in a bit!"   

Returning from his foray to the cellars after some time, Spruce seems a bit sheepish as he enters the Great Hall. "Locked..." He mutters to a bewildered Urtas who had emerged from the kitchens a little while ago.   

"For the best, I'd say," the young mouse replies with an arched brow and half smirk. "You won't gain anyone's ire now."   
The squirrel huffs.   

Chestnut has been watching the Redwallers most of the day from her perch, the sparra never relly were ones much for the feasts, well she did jion in one once,last winter or maybe the authumn before that,for now she simply watches the going ons.   

Krisha walks into the great hall, a soft sigh and a shake of her head.Sister Anna beside her"Well could of been worse, least paint washes out...just not as soon as one may want"A very surper grumpy and..bright blue? Brother Rick sits at the far end of the room muttering to himself.   

Jaison has gotten some last morment work in before he ventures into the room, he looks around to see whom is here and who is not.   

Oz tilts his head and frowns "Why is Brother rick's fur all blue?" One of the older dibbuns shrug and another speaks "Cause he triped the string and the bucket came down on his head...lotta paint so he is blue, I think it was supposed to be someone else though."   

"Well, there's still things to do," Urtas says to his friend, already moving for the kitchens. "And I for one like making myself useful."   

Spruce mutters something under his breath that no one catches - but the pair of woodlanders both spot the blue brother at nearly the same time. Spruce's sudden fit of laughter at Rick's misfortune is tempered somewhat by Urtas', "Oh, oh no..."

Chestnut finds this so funny she falls off her perch and rights herself just in time to flutter to the floor and chuckle,"Abbey worm all blue, ha ha ha ha."   

Krisha just takes a deep breath, the feast is soon and hopefully things calm down soon.The dibbuns involved are for sure getting a lecture before bedtime.   

Jaison stays where he is "Well...that happen I suppose."   

Oz just watches Brother Rick do his best to remain calm and less grumpy. The young badger speaks "That wasnt very nice for who ever it was ment to fall on."   

Unlike the squirrel, Urtas doesn't seem to find the blue abbey brother that amusing - doubly so when he notices the sparrow laughing as well. In fact he seems on edge just by being near the bird...   

"Brother Rick!" Spruce calls, "Maybe a bath is in order, huh? Unless you're going for a festival look, eh?"   

Chestnut strightens up and smooths out her feathers."Alla abbey worms have feast, maybe I jion in too?"

Brother Rick just rolls his eyes "It won't come off that easy,I tried."A short glare gets those still thinking it's funny to suddenly stighten up in thier seats,a mutter from the old squirrel "Youngins these days..."   

Krisha looks at the dibbuns, who look a little worried now and hope this matter is forgotten soon.   

Oz just stays quiet, the room ius just sort of quiet for a morment as well.Oz notices the sparra and waves.

"It won't?" An impish grin spreads across the younger squirrel's face. "Brother Rick," Spruce cries, pressing his paws to his heart in mock shock, "Are you implying you haven't even /tried/ to wash it out? Goodness, I'm glad I don't have to sit near you! Can't imagine the paint smells nice."

Chestnut stays a little out of the way , a couple other of the sparrows come down now to see what is happening and likely to wonder where Chestnut went off to.   

Brother Rick hmmphs loudly , muttering something bout manners as he did indeed attempt to get it off, he storms off to the entry and out towards the gatehouse,well suppose someone has to watch the gate,he likely will wander back in later on.   

Krisha sighs as the old squirrel storms off, a look at the couple dibbuns who clearly set up the paint trap.They frown,yep they likely in trouble later on.   

Jaison frowns, he looks around and towards the steps "I wonder where the abbot is." Of course some slight chaos would happen before the abbot showed up.   

Oz just watches him head off, the badger will make sure a piece of the Brother's fave desert is saved for him.   

"Maybe he'll take that bath, now..." Spruce says, feeling a bit guilty about driving the older squirrel off. "But," he remarks to Urtas who hold a grimace on his face at the whole affair, though in truth was more distracted and unsettled by the appearance of more birds, "The stuff to wash that out - lard and whatnot - is /not/ what I'd call a pleasant smell. I've had to wash paint out of my fur at least thrice because of the dibbuns."   

Chestnut is jioned by a couple more sparrows.Oh boy now there is 5 sparrows in the room! Will more show up?Who knows.

Jaison notices the "Oh the Sparra are...not in the rafters,how intresting." He does keep his distance from the birds though.

Gorvenalus comes from the library now and finds a seat.

"All five of them..." Spruce mutters, plopping himself down in a chair. Urtas is standing by nervously watching the birds. "Don't worry," the squirrel whispers to his friend, "The Sparrows - or 'Sparra' - aren't really a threat. They managed to nearly wipe themselves out a few seasons before I got here, and they haven't been much to worry about since."   

Chestnut luckly is too far away to hear Spruce, indeed the sparrow are few, 5 here in the great hall and 3-4 others, includeing her son, still in the rafters   

Krisha clears her throat"Let's all settle down now, the feast should be starting any morment now"   

Jaison glaces at the sparrow and smiles a little "Feel free to..to stay and jion us.All is welociome to a feast"   

The sparrows chatter to themselves and , for now, head off for a short while

Benar finally arrives, he's a bit late, he's been talking to the Sparra Queen, the work on the roof is complete, the scaffolding is mostly down and the two where just saying their thank yous. The sparra nest is now secure for the winter and the abbey won't fill up with water next time it rains so win-win.

Benar pauses inside the entranceway and pushes back his hood, looking over the groaning tables laden with food, the bright candlelight, the fire-roaring in the hearth and starts to make his way around the edge of the room toward his chair and table.

"Good day everyone," Benar says, "I am glad to see you all, we have some extra guests," coming through the doors behind him are the sparra. They flap in following their Queen and start to make their way toward the tables, chirping and saying hello to all the abbey worms as they begin to land.   

"Now everyone seats please and my sparra friends," he eyes two nearby birds, "No eating until I open the feast."   

Chestnut seems to pout at this but nods "Abbotworm was very nice yes for inviting us, is very good abbey worm and feel most welcome at feast." Well looks like all the sparrow are here now. Well almost all it seems the prince is likely staying guard at the nests.   

Krisha smiels as Benar gets to the feast,the dibbuns quiet down from where they were taling quietly and some other beasts quiet down as well.   

Jaison gives a nods and gives his attention to the abbot now as the feast is about to start now.   

There's another group that comes in late behind the sparrows and the abbot - woodlanders from Mossflower. Farmers, frontierbeasts, former citizens of Farrevale, and, noticeably, John MacGarran. Having just been able to catch Benar's words he turns to those around him and relays it before entering hall and escaping the chill autumn air. There's a bit of a clamour as everyone finds their seats, and suddenly Spruce and Urtas - who the young squirrel had to drag down into the seat next to him - were surrounded by abbey beasts and their friends from Mossflower.   

Oz waits for things to start, as does Gorvenaslus as the recorder gets out his log book to write a few things down.   

Sparras flutter down to land on benches and chatter to abbeyworms nearby.

Benar stops near Chestnut and smiles, "Oh hello there, I am glad you could make it, do enjoy the feast."   

The squirrel then spots others arriving, the seats growing full, beasts are going to be impatient to start so he hurries to his chair, waving at John in passing and then rings the bell by his place. It's clear silver chime rings in the air and he smiles at everyone waiting for quiet... or at least it to be quieter.   

Lacota is FINALLY able to start the feast. He's been shooing beasts away from the table for awhile.   

John waves back with a cheery grin. "Heyo, Father Abbot! Managed to find a few more guests for today." He says, just as the bells chime. He takes a seat near to the head of the table but not quite among the abbey elders   

Urtas slaps Spruce's paw away from sneaking an early biscuit.   

Chestnut nods and jions her sparra quietly and waits

Krisha quietly waits, stern look helps a dibbun get quiet quickly

Jaison smiles, "Oh more beats, this is nice"   

Oz is curious whom all the arriveing beasts are but he decides to ask later on.   

"Welcome everyone," Benar says, "To the Autumn of the Roof," he smiles, "A simple name maybe but for a very important reason. Everyone in this room has helped with the restoration of the Abbey roof and the Sparra lofts."   

He gestures, "From beasts who climbed up to the roof to do the work, to those who helped build the scaffolding, to the sparra who flew us supplies from across the land and to Abbey folks and guests who helped keep the work force fed."   

He smiles, "Without all of you we'd have rain leaking through the roof and damaging the structure from now until spring. So it is with a great heart I can announce the work on the roof is complete," he lifts up a tankard of October Ale, "And the feast prepared by Friar Lacota and his team is begun!"   
-   
Chestnut smiles as she stays near her fellow sparra.This is nice to miggle with the abbey worrms from time to time, likely her and her sparra will stay in the lofts come winter and be seen again in the spring.   

Krisha raises her own mug and nods,a smile"Yes to a great feast and to the roof being fully repaired."   

"Autumn of the /Roof/!" Spruce taps his forehead. "Of course, I probably should have guessed that." He says, attempting to write the name down on napkin - but Urtas grabs his wrist. "Bad idea."   

"Here, here!" John had already managed to find a mug of ale. "To the Abbey Roof!"   

Jaison smiles"Yes, a fitting name indeed for the season"   

Oz smiles "I like the name.."Gorvenalus chuckles as he writes down some things in the abbey logs book and sits the book aside to lift his own mug,a nod and smile"Yes indeed"   

Lacota nods, and claps politely. "Yes, it has been concering for some time. In honor of the occasion..." He rings a small bell, and two novices wheel out a cart with a cake in in the shape of the Abbey. All around, and on the roof, are tiny figures of marzipan, including one of Abbot Benar in front of the main doors, directing it all.   

"Oh gosh that is wonderful," Benar peers at the cake and smiles, "Simply amazing Lacota... I can see why you wouldn't let me into the bakery now! This is exquiste!"   

Benar sets down his tankard and smiles, "Welcome everyone, now please... dig into the delicious food. Just no stealing figures off the cake until the Friar says we can eat them."   

Chestnut smiles as some novices decide to get the plates for the sparra warriors,she nods her thanks and smiles as some berry muffins are set before the sparra as well."Abbey worm food is always goodgood!"

Krisha and Sister Anna help the dibbuns get a drink and a plate of food befoe getting herself some food and a drink.She sits down and miles as the dibbuns behave themselves now and enjoy the feast.   

Jaison hmmms "One should check on brother Rick and bring him a plate of food and some Ale.Maybe see if he is less grumpy than he was ealier"   

Whistling at the sight of the cake, John glances at the friar. "Think you outdid yourself, eh?" He grins, before tucking in.   
Likewise Urtas and Spruce start collecting food on their plate. "Hey, Oz!" The young squirrel calls, "You think they managed to make a mini you?"   

Down the table the two hares of the 67th have been sitting politely, but that the go ahead has been given they do as hares do.

Oz frowns "He got a lot of blue paint all over him, he is gonna be moody for days propally"He is then curious, hmmm a mini him....maybe but right now food first.   

Gorvenalus goes to get some food and tea todrink before going back to his seat.

Benar asks, "I am sure Brother Rick can join us if he asks nicely," BEnar says as he helps himself to some salad, "How is everyone else doing? I trust you have all been enjoying your days?"

After a moment's pause, Spruce rises with a sigh. "I can bring him food, if need be." He announces to the table, "I feel a bit bad for needling him earlier - didn't realize it would bother him so."   

John mutters to whoever is nearby, "What happened? I know Rick being grumpy isn't new, but what's this 'bout blue paint?"   

Krisha smiles "I have been fine and the dibbuns have behaved, well most of the time anyways but I think they shall behave now as it is almost time for the snow badger after all to show up here in a few weeks"   

Lacota raises a paw. "It me and my helpers over a week, but we managed to make an edible figure of nearly every Abbey member. Please, look for yourself, if you can."   

Jaison replies"A couple dibbuns had a bucket with the paint and he triped the string and got the paint on him..."he frowns"A couple dibbuns set up a string with a bucket of blue paint, but for someone other than Brother Rick but Brother Rick is de one that...well set it off"   

Oz smiles, finding himself will be fun but he likely woulnt eat the figure.He would save it, save it till it got all mushy and gross and...well likely far from looking like it did before.

Gorvenalus smiles"Indeed a very nice surprise with the cake, very nicely done"

"If a creature eats a miniature of themselves, is that a form of cannibalism?" John laughs though sobers somewhat by the look one of the older abbey members he remembers from his youth gives him a scowl. So he turns to the healer with a knowing smile. "Ah, the old bucket trick. Evil idea to replace the water with paint, though. I wonder how we never that to do that when we were dibbuns."

"Maybe we could make brother Rick's figure blue, eh? And then-omphf!" Spruce is cut off as Urtas elbows him in the ribs. "Right, right, I'll fix up a plate for him, don't worry."

Benar says, "Ah... well blue is a good colour, I was blue once," he smiled, "But I was a child when that happened."

Krisha just enjoys the feast, the dibbuns are being good for now so maybe she wont lecture them later,she did already give a quick lecture before they came to the feast.

Jaison shrugs,a sip of his drink now"Dibbuns can indeed be very intresting"   

Lacota glances at Benar curiously. "Blue? You got into paint? I always assumed you were a very well behaved boy in your younger seasons."   

Oz didnt do much when he was younger, he is still young but more in his teen seasons now.He is novice age in fact but has yet to really become one, but he has taken great intrest in learning about the bees and singing a lot.   

Benar smiles at Lacota, "I grew up in the north, I was captured, I was a slave, I was rescued, I was kidnapped again, I was adopted by my Mother and Father. I had a very adventursome youth."   

Spruce gathers a plate of good food and heads outside towards the gatehouse. He hopes Rick isn't too upset....

"I always thought you were from Southsward, truth be told, Father Abbot." John interjects, surprise on his face. "Don't know why, though."   

Krisha listens as beasts speak quietly to one another.   

Jaison says, "I grew up fully at the abbey, my patrents lived in the woods but after a very hard winter they came to the abbey."

Gorvenalus just smiles as he listens,"It seems the north would be a hard place for one to live in would it not?"   

Benar helps himself to some more food, "Well I lived in Southsward for twelve seasons, I was a Quartermaster in their army before I came back to Redwall and became a Novice."   
"Ahh, I'd heard that," John says, taking a sip of ale. "Suppose I'd just assumed... Where in the northlands were you born? If you don't mind me asking, of course."   

Lacota nods at the other squirrel. "Our lives were not so terribly different, I see. Fascinating. We must discuss this more over tea."   

Krisha listens quietly as she has heard this storey some before this. She keeps an eye on the dibbuns and makes sure they behave for the rest of the feast and they do, and the rest of the night is peaceful as well. Maybe the dibbuns will behave for a while, least till after the snow badger most likely at least   

Jaison hmmms and a bit late to the feast is the wildcat Kage. He had wandered off for a bit but returns in time to enjoy some good abbey food.   

Oz blinks "Ummm...Abbot Benar was like a...he fought before?" This is serious new to the badger."When was that?"   

Benar says, "No," he smiled at Oz, "I did not fight, I was a Quartermaster I was in charge of making sure everyone had supplies and food and was taken care of." He looked over at the others, watching people enjoying the feast and smiles. "So Jaison how have you been?"

Jaison smiles"I have been fine Abbot. And all is well in the infirmary too,and the herb garden did very well indeed this season,I also found a couple harder to find herbs we needed in the woods."   

Oz wows, "Sounds neat. I wanna help with bees....and sing, fighting is bad, even if it does save lives sometimes."He frowns"It also takes lifes and...and that can be bad too"   

Lacota makes sure that everyone is getting their fill, as he flits about the room.

Benar smiles at Oz and nods, "You are good with the bees, they tell me you have been very helpful in getting them ready for winter." He helps himself to some trifle, "And I am glad to hear it Jaison, the herb garden always worries me towards thisend of winter."   

Jaison smiles"Well not to worry then, the herbs for cooking even did very well too. course some can be used for healing among those as well."He smiles"Honey is usefull even in healing."   

Oz listens, a smile"Yeah..and the bees have wax too in the hive, thats helpful to the abbey also.But we do keep some honey and stuff in the hive so the bees have food for the winter time."

Lacota nods. "I expect we'll have a good harvest of honey this season."   

Benar asks, "We have had a good harvest all arond so far," Benar said as he finished his trifle, "So Lacota is it time to cut the cake?"

At this point, Spruce comes back as quietly as he can, though it's still pretty obvious as the large door creaks on its hinges. Slightly red faced he darts back to his seat.   

Jaison smiles "Oh...cake time?" Or he hopes so anyways

Oz smiles"Cake...yeah"He chuckles a little as a couple shhh him.When he is able to get the cake he will enjoy it and will find his little figure of himself to save, save somewhere and forget about it after...oh a few weeks,find it and it's basically a glob of what use to be pretty cool looking in a side pocket of one of his tunics.   

Lacota belatedly nods. "Yes! Gather around, everybeast, find your facsimile! It's time to cut the cake." He hands the knife to Benar. "Father Abbot, would you do the honors?"   

John leans back in his seat. "Not sure the sugar'll do me any good, but..." He quiets down as the knife is handed off.   

Benar smiles and picks up the knife, "Very well, for the Autumn of the Roof, let us all have cake," he starts to cut the cake, handing out a slice anda small marzipan figurine to each person.

When eventually Spruce is handed his portion, he picks up the figure of himself. "Say, friar, what's this exactly made of?"   

Jaison nods,"Cake is always good.Course after some healthy food first"   

Lacota looks over at spruce. "It's called 'Marzipan'. A recipe I learned from a pirate a long time ago. There's a great deal of sugar in it."   
Lacota says, "It also contains honey and almonds."   

Benar says, "I do love Marzipan but oi try not to eat it too often," he nibbles on his, "But I do love it, it is so much nicer then eating almonds"

"Ahh." Spruce stares at the mini him for a long moment. Setting the figure off to the side he digs in the cake.   

John nods. "For sure, though for me maybe the cake might be a tad too much," he says, half way through his slice. "Not gonna stop me, of course."   

Lacota smiles, and selects the figure of himself. "It was quite a tall task to try and model every abbey beast, but I think it was worth it."   
Benar says, "They look amazing Lacota, you did a brilliant job, I love how you dyed them all different colours."

Lacota nods, pleased. "Your praise means a lot to me, Benar."

Benar says, "I am glad Lacota and it is always good to enjoy one of youer feasts, now I should go do my rounds and talk to everyone"

Lacota nods, and stays behind to help clean up.

Last edited by Proud LP (2022-11-26 07:47:42 PM)

I am :
Velm-Captain and Chief Healer at Salamandstron
Jaison-Soon to be Master Healer at Redwall
Kage-Healer,Posion,Asssassin, Evil

Board footer